2014 NFL Mock Drafts

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Nec's semiprofessional 2014 mock draft

necrosis1193

1. Houston Texans ~ Jadeveon Clowney ~ DL/OLB ~ This is a really tough one, because personally, I don't trust Clowney, because his hype reminds me of Vernon Gholston. Is he a guaranteed bust? No, but I'd have pause taking him #1, especially since Bridgewater's in this draft. That said, there's enough depth at QB that, if I'm the Texans, I think the gap between Bridgewater and the other QBs isn't big enough to warrant passing on having Watt and Clowney on the same DL, because if Clowney does live up to the hype, there's no OL in the league that can block this.
2. Cleveland Browns ~ From WAS via STL ~ CAD ~ BBB ~ Johnny Manziel ~ QB ~ 1. St. Louis is shopping this pick. It's too early to give up on Bradford, too high to pick Robinson or Matthews or Watkins. They're not done profiting from Washington's blunders. 2. Would there be any more Browns of a move than trading up two positions for a quarterback they probably could've had anyway at #4? Especially since that QB is one a lot of analysts are saying might be a bust, and isn't even the best guy on the board?
3. Jacksonville Jaguars ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ QB ~ Breathe easy Primus, between him being traded and his replacement being drafted, you can finally move on from The Blaine Identity. The Jags profit from the Browns being the Browns and the Texans gambling, nabbing the best QB in the class at #3. He's no Luck, but I like Bridgewater, and I think he's definitely a capable starter at least.
4. St. Louis Rams ~ From CLE ~ CAD ~ BBB ~ Sammy Watkins ~ WR ~ Why not a lineman? Two reasons. 1. Jake Long. He wasn't his old, elite self, but Long was still very good, especially in the run game. I feel like he moves to RT with whoever they draft if they pick a lineman early, but I also feel like he gives enough LT security that they don't draft a tackle first. 2. They don't have a #1 receiver. Austin's explosive and can change a game, but he doesn't fill that outside, go-up-and-get-it role. Watkins is that with speed. Every concern I see about him is something minor, and everything else I see is glowing. The Rams need to get weapons for Bradford if they want to built on him, and Watkins is their new weapon.
5. Oakland Raiders ~ Greg Robinson ~ OL ~ I don't think Bortles is worth the 5th overall pick. I also think that Pryor and McGloin showed enough that, between them and the rumors of Schaub going to Oakland, I don't buy the Raiders drafting a QB. I do buy them drafting one of the top tackles in the draft though, especially with Veldheer's departure.
6. Atlanta Falcons ~ Khalil Mack ~ LB ~ I'm not going to make a Matt Ryan joke, I promise. Atlanta's defense was terrible last year, and a good OLB, especially in a 4-3 system where he's not just rushing and playing the run, he's also playing coverage and can be the mike, can be game-changing, especially since Mack has the talent to play multiple positions.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ Jake Matthews ~ OL ~ Considering they released Donald Penn, fair to say the Bucs need a tackle. Matthews I honestly think could end up better long-term than Robinson, so I like this pick.
8. Minnesota Vikings ~ Blake Bortles ~ QB ~ The Ponder Project comes to an end. Bortles is the #2 QB in this class, and I've seen people argue he's better than Bridgewater, so this is a steal for the Vikings. Plus a good RB is a young QB's best friend, and he has Adrian Peterson.
9. Buffalo Bills ~ Taylor Lewan ~ OL ~ The Bills need to get more receivers for Manuel, but they also need to protect him; he was sacked almost 30 times in spite of missing six games. Lewan is the last of the top-flight blindside tackles in this class to me, so the Bills need to grab him.
10. Detroit Lions ~ Darqueze Dennard ~ DB ~ I've seen people say the Lions will draft a WR, which is absurd. Tate is a solid enough option at #2, and unless Watkins falls to #10, this class is too deep. The Lions have a ton of needs, but their secondary still sucks. Fortunately, their new DC is the Ravens former DB coach, so he knows what to look for in a good corner.
1. Houston Texans ~ Jadeveon Clowney ~ DL/OLB ~ This is a really tough one, because personally, I don't trust Clowney, because his hype reminds me of Vernon Gholston. Is he a guaranteed bust? No, but I'd have pause taking him #1, especially since Bridgewater's in this draft. That said, there's enough depth at QB that, if I'm the Texans, I think the gap between Bridgewater and the other QBs isn't big enough to warrant passing on having Watt and Clowney on the same DL, because if Clowney does live up to the hype, there's no OL in the league that can block this.
2. Cleveland Browns ~ From WAS via STL ~ CAD ~ BBB ~ Johnny Manziel ~ QB ~ 1. St. Louis is shopping this pick. It's too early to give up on Bradford, too high to pick Robinson or Matthews or Watkins. They're not done profiting from Washington's blunders. 2. Would there be any more Browns of a move than trading up two positions for a quarterback they probably could've had anyway at #4? Especially since that QB is one a lot of analysts are saying might be a bust, and isn't even the best guy on the board?
3. Jacksonville Jaguars ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ QB ~ Breathe easy Primus, between him being traded and his replacement being drafted, you can finally move on from The Blaine Identity. The Jags profit from the Browns being the Browns and the Texans gambling, nabbing the best QB in the class at #3. He's no Luck, but I like Bridgewater, and I think he's definitely a capable starter at least.
4. St. Louis Rams ~ From CLE ~ CAD ~ BBB ~ Sammy Watkins ~ WR ~ Why not a lineman? Two reasons. 1. Jake Long. He wasn't his old, elite self, but Long was still very good, especially in the run game. I feel like he moves to RT with whoever they draft if they pick a lineman early, but I also feel like he gives enough LT security that they don't draft a tackle first. 2. They don't have a #1 receiver. Austin's explosive and can change a game, but he doesn't fill that outside, go-up-and-get-it role. Watkins is that with speed. Every concern I see about him is something minor, and everything else I see is glowing. The Rams need to get weapons for Bradford if they want to built on him, and Watkins is their new weapon.
5. Oakland Raiders ~ Greg Robinson ~ OL ~ I don't think Bortles is worth the 5th overall pick. I also think that Pryor and McGloin showed enough that, between them and the rumors of Schaub going to Oakland, I don't buy the Raiders drafting a QB. I do buy them drafting one of the top tackles in the draft though, especially with Veldheer's departure.
6. Atlanta Falcons ~ Khalil Mack ~ LB ~ I'm not going to make a Matt Ryan joke, I promise. Atlanta's defense was terrible last year, and a good OLB, especially in a 4-3 system where he's not just rushing and playing the run, he's also playing coverage and can be the mike, can be game-changing, especially since Mack has the talent to play multiple positions.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ Jake Matthews ~ OL ~ Considering they released Donald Penn, fair to say the Bucs need a tackle. Matthews I honestly think could end up better long-term than Robinson, so I like this pick.
8. Minnesota Vikings ~ Blake Bortles ~ QB ~ The Ponder Project comes to an end. Bortles is the #2 QB in this class, and I've seen people argue he's better than Bridgewater, so this is a steal for the Vikings. Plus a good RB is a young QB's best friend, and he has Adrian Peterson.
9. Buffalo Bills ~ Taylor Lewan ~ OL ~ The Bills need to get more receivers for Manuel, but they also need to protect him; he was sacked almost 30 times in spite of missing six games. Lewan is the last of the top-flight blindside tackles in this class to me, so the Bills need to grab him.
10. Detroit Lions ~ Darqueze Dennard ~ DB ~ I've seen people say the Lions will draft a WR, which is absurd. Tate is a solid enough option at #2, and unless Watkins falls to #10, this class is too deep. The Lions have a ton of needs, but their secondary still sucks. Fortunately, their new DC is the Ravens former DB coach, so he knows what to look for in a good corner.
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 1:57 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

11. Tennessee Titans ~ Anthony Barr ~ LB ~ The Titans had a surprisingly good defense last year, but one area they weren't that good was sacks(21st). They need a pass rushing presence, and Barr's a great rusher with potential to develop into an all-around OLB.
12. New York Giants ~ Eric Ebron ~ TE ~ Ebron, much to my chagrin, has been moving up draft boards. I think the Giants are going to want to shop this pick, but ultimately, I don't see any buyers. Marqise Lee would make sense, but I think that between the similarities he has to Cruz, the depth of the WR position, and the fact the top TE is still available, the Giants go here instead.
13. St. Louis Rams ~ Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix ~ DB ~ Still no offensive lineman? That's right, still no offensive lineman! The only tackle left I like as a first-rounder is Zack Martin, who'd be overdrafted here. Plus he might switch to guard in the NFL. There's enough second/third day tackle prospects that I think can play on the right side that, if I'm St. Louis, with the bevy of picks I probably stole from Washington and Cleveland, I'm content keeping Long at LT and drafting Ja'Wuan James or Jack Mewhort or Antonio Richardson or someone else as my new RT. Meanwhile, Clinton-Dix is about the only free safety worth taking in the first three rounds aside from Calvin Pryor, and they need to upgrade on the back-end; TJ McDonald is a third-round pick, so he gets a pass for another year, but Rodney McLeod does not.
14. Chicago Bears ~ Aaron Donald ~ DL ~ Ray Rice ran for 130+ on this defense, ten pounds overweight with a gimpy hip. To reference another sport, that's turrible. Fortunately, the top DT prospect is still on the board for Da Bears.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Justin Gilbert ~ DB ~ Gilbert reminds me of Jimmy Smith, but a little less raw. Incredible talent, amazing athlete, but he was able to beat his receivers based on that alone, and as a result he doesn't have NFL level technique. From the veterans to the coaches, there are few organizations as built to hammer a rookie DB into shape as Pittsburgh. The Steelers need CB help, and I think Gilbert provides it. Which makes me sad, but I digress. On a side note, how the hell did the Steelers get a higher pick than us when they finished above us in the division? For that matter, how did the Falcons do the same thing to the Bucs? Or the Jets to the Dolphins?
16. Dallas Cowboys ~ Timmy Jernigan ~ DL ~ First off, what a name. This isn't like Clinton-Dix where it's funny and ridiculous, this is a name that sounds like a football player. Jernigan alone does it, but Timmy Jernigan to me sounds like someone that played linebacker and tight-end in the 50's. That's a football name. Dallas had almost as bad a run defense last year as Da Bears. There's going to be a lot of speculation they go for a DE to replace Ware, but there are plenty of pass rushers in this draft class. DT makes more sense. Then again, it is Jerry Jones.
17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ I had a lot of debate about this pick and whether or not I thought the Ravens might use Pryor being available to woo a team like the Jets or Packers or Eagles that needs a safety into trading up. At the end though I decided it made more sense for the Ravens to get the heir to Ed Reed and a buddy for Elam. Pryor's less of the Ed Reed center fielder free safety, and more of the bone-breaking Sean Taylor type. That's not to say he doesn't have ball skills though. Combining him with Elam would be a great tandem; don't go deep if you want to get out alive, and while they're both more of hitters, they both have ball skills.
11. Tennessee Titans ~ Anthony Barr ~ LB ~ The Titans had a surprisingly good defense last year, but one area they weren't that good was sacks(21st). They need a pass rushing presence, and Barr's a great rusher with potential to develop into an all-around OLB.
12. New York Giants ~ Eric Ebron ~ TE ~ Ebron, much to my chagrin, has been moving up draft boards. I think the Giants are going to want to shop this pick, but ultimately, I don't see any buyers. Marqise Lee would make sense, but I think that between the similarities he has to Cruz, the depth of the WR position, and the fact the top TE is still available, the Giants go here instead.
13. St. Louis Rams ~ Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix ~ DB ~ Still no offensive lineman? That's right, still no offensive lineman! The only tackle left I like as a first-rounder is Zack Martin, who'd be overdrafted here. Plus he might switch to guard in the NFL. There's enough second/third day tackle prospects that I think can play on the right side that, if I'm St. Louis, with the bevy of picks I probably stole from Washington and Cleveland, I'm content keeping Long at LT and drafting Ja'Wuan James or Jack Mewhort or Antonio Richardson or someone else as my new RT. Meanwhile, Clinton-Dix is about the only free safety worth taking in the first three rounds aside from Calvin Pryor, and they need to upgrade on the back-end; TJ McDonald is a third-round pick, so he gets a pass for another year, but Rodney McLeod does not.
14. Chicago Bears ~ Aaron Donald ~ DL ~ Ray Rice ran for 130+ on this defense, ten pounds overweight with a gimpy hip. To reference another sport, that's turrible. Fortunately, the top DT prospect is still on the board for Da Bears.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Justin Gilbert ~ DB ~ Gilbert reminds me of Jimmy Smith, but a little less raw. Incredible talent, amazing athlete, but he was able to beat his receivers based on that alone, and as a result he doesn't have NFL level technique. From the veterans to the coaches, there are few organizations as built to hammer a rookie DB into shape as Pittsburgh. The Steelers need CB help, and I think Gilbert provides it. Which makes me sad, but I digress. On a side note, how the hell did the Steelers get a higher pick than us when they finished above us in the division? For that matter, how did the Falcons do the same thing to the Bucs? Or the Jets to the Dolphins?
16. Dallas Cowboys ~ Timmy Jernigan ~ DL ~ First off, what a name. This isn't like Clinton-Dix where it's funny and ridiculous, this is a name that sounds like a football player. Jernigan alone does it, but Timmy Jernigan to me sounds like someone that played linebacker and tight-end in the 50's. That's a football name. Dallas had almost as bad a run defense last year as Da Bears. There's going to be a lot of speculation they go for a DE to replace Ware, but there are plenty of pass rushers in this draft class. DT makes more sense. Then again, it is Jerry Jones.
17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ I had a lot of debate about this pick and whether or not I thought the Ravens might use Pryor being available to woo a team like the Jets or Packers or Eagles that needs a safety into trading up. At the end though I decided it made more sense for the Ravens to get the heir to Ed Reed and a buddy for Elam. Pryor's less of the Ed Reed center fielder free safety, and more of the bone-breaking Sean Taylor type. That's not to say he doesn't have ball skills though. Combining him with Elam would be a great tandem; don't go deep if you want to get out alive, and while they're both more of hitters, they both have ball skills.
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 1:57 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

18. New York Jets ~ Marqise Lee ~ WR ~ Lee falls simply because of the needs of other teams, and the Jets prosper for it. If Steve Smith hadn't been signed, the Ravens would've taken him, but Smith's signing gives them flexibility to draft a rawer project receiver in round 2 or 3. Lee moves Decker back to the #2 role he's built for, and gives the Jets an immediate impact receiver. The only thing about this pick that wouldn't make sense is the fact it's Rex picking an offensive player in round 1.
19. Miami Dolphins ~ Zack Martin ~ OL ~ This is a win-win for Miami. Martin was a college tackle, so he can play whatever role Albert doesn't. But he's projected as a fit at guard, which is also a need. The Dolphins can cover whichever base is more problematic with this pick. Unfortunately, he can't fix that new logo.
20. Arizona Cardinals ~ Kony Ealy ~ DL/OLB ~ John Abraham led the Cards with 11.5 sacks. John Abraham will be 36 by the time the draft rolls around. Ealy is second only to Clowney in terms of defensive end prospects.
21. Green Bay Packers ~ Louis Nix III ~ DL ~ How many times in the past few years have we seen Rodgers do everything he has to for the Packers to win in the playoffs, and their defense - specifically their front seven - collapses? It all starts at the inside, and they need to address it badly. Safety would be a better option, but with Pryor and Clinton-Dix both gone, this makes more sense than overdrafting.
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB ~ Another NFC East team, another defense with problems, especially the secondary. I think the Eagles use mostly man concepts? Roby I'm not a fan of with zone, but his athleticism, speed, and talent I think are perfect for a man corner. He and Jason Verrett are almost identical, so I gave it to Roby because he's bigger.
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ BBB ~ I don't know if this counts as a BBB since there's no trade, but this is ridiculous value if Evans falls all the way to KC. Alex Smith needs some actual receivers, and Mike Evans is an actual receiver. His route-running is raw thanks to Manziel's style of play, but I trust Andy Reid to coach that.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Like I said, Verrett and Roby to me are a few pounds and a few inches from being the same player, so I like Verrett as a man corner. Cincy needs a new DB, between the age of Jones and Newman, and Leon Hall's knee problems.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Kyle Fuller ~ DB ~ I don't think he's as good as Verrett or Roby, but I still think Fuller's a very good corner prospect. San Diego's surprise run hid a defense that had a lot of problems, especially against the pass(29th). A good corner is always a good place to start.
26. Cleveland Browns ~ From IND ~ Odell Beckham Jr. ~ WR ~ A lot of people have the Browns picking a RB, particularly Carlos Hyde from Ohio State. I don't buy it, both because they signed Ben Tate and because no RB in this class is worth a first-rounder. Beckham is first-round talent, gives Cleveland a return man to fill the void Cribbs left last year, and unlike Cribbs, he can line up outside, meaning they actually have more targets than Josh Gordon. The fact Greg Little is still their #2 is astounding. Knowing Cleveland though, they'll find a way to pick a punter here.
18. New York Jets ~ Marqise Lee ~ WR ~ Lee falls simply because of the needs of other teams, and the Jets prosper for it. If Steve Smith hadn't been signed, the Ravens would've taken him, but Smith's signing gives them flexibility to draft a rawer project receiver in round 2 or 3. Lee moves Decker back to the #2 role he's built for, and gives the Jets an immediate impact receiver. The only thing about this pick that wouldn't make sense is the fact it's Rex picking an offensive player in round 1.
19. Miami Dolphins ~ Zack Martin ~ OL ~ This is a win-win for Miami. Martin was a college tackle, so he can play whatever role Albert doesn't. But he's projected as a fit at guard, which is also a need. The Dolphins can cover whichever base is more problematic with this pick. Unfortunately, he can't fix that new logo.
20. Arizona Cardinals ~ Kony Ealy ~ DL/OLB ~ John Abraham led the Cards with 11.5 sacks. John Abraham will be 36 by the time the draft rolls around. Ealy is second only to Clowney in terms of defensive end prospects.
21. Green Bay Packers ~ Louis Nix III ~ DL ~ How many times in the past few years have we seen Rodgers do everything he has to for the Packers to win in the playoffs, and their defense - specifically their front seven - collapses? It all starts at the inside, and they need to address it badly. Safety would be a better option, but with Pryor and Clinton-Dix both gone, this makes more sense than overdrafting.
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB ~ Another NFC East team, another defense with problems, especially the secondary. I think the Eagles use mostly man concepts? Roby I'm not a fan of with zone, but his athleticism, speed, and talent I think are perfect for a man corner. He and Jason Verrett are almost identical, so I gave it to Roby because he's bigger.
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ BBB ~ I don't know if this counts as a BBB since there's no trade, but this is ridiculous value if Evans falls all the way to KC. Alex Smith needs some actual receivers, and Mike Evans is an actual receiver. His route-running is raw thanks to Manziel's style of play, but I trust Andy Reid to coach that.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Like I said, Verrett and Roby to me are a few pounds and a few inches from being the same player, so I like Verrett as a man corner. Cincy needs a new DB, between the age of Jones and Newman, and Leon Hall's knee problems.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Kyle Fuller ~ DB ~ I don't think he's as good as Verrett or Roby, but I still think Fuller's a very good corner prospect. San Diego's surprise run hid a defense that had a lot of problems, especially against the pass(29th). A good corner is always a good place to start.
26. Cleveland Browns ~ From IND ~ Odell Beckham Jr. ~ WR ~ A lot of people have the Browns picking a RB, particularly Carlos Hyde from Ohio State. I don't buy it, both because they signed Ben Tate and because no RB in this class is worth a first-rounder. Beckham is first-round talent, gives Cleveland a return man to fill the void Cribbs left last year, and unlike Cribbs, he can line up outside, meaning they actually have more targets than Josh Gordon. The fact Greg Little is still their #2 is astounding. Knowing Cleveland though, they'll find a way to pick a punter here.
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 1:58 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

27. New Orleans Saints ~ Dee Ford ~ DL/OLB ~ Ignoring the mess that is the Saints offense right now - have they cut anyone else? - they're making clear efforts to improve their defense, as the Byrd signing indicated. Now with that secondary anchored by a great safety tandem, Rob's next step should be getting his hands on a pass rusher.
28. Carolina Panthers ~ Allen Robinson ~ WR ~ Poor Cam Newton. If he still had Steve Smith, this might be a new protector like Cyrus Kouandijo, or even a fun developmental target like Kelvin Benjamin. Instead, it has to be an immediate impact WR. Has to be. That said, I really like Robinson. He doesn't have the speed or flash or some other receivers, but he's tough and he's reliable.
29. New England Patriots ~ C.J. Mosley ~ LB ~ The Pats, from what I understand, need an ILB. What happened to Dont'a Hightower I don't know, but I trust Big T to know what he's talking about with the Pats. Mosley's the best ILB available, and should fit right in with the rebuilding movement on defense for NE.
30. San Francisco 49ers ~ Brandin Cooks ~ WR ~ This is another team that could take Benjamin, but I don't see it just because they need immediate impact. We all saw ho Kaepernick struggled without Crabtree. Crabtree's not injury prone, but he hasn't exactly been a tough guy. He could get hurt again. Boldin's 34 by next season. Crabtree and Davis are both up for contracts soon, so between that and Kaepernick's contract, it's a fair bet they lose one. Cooks will have a chance to develop before A. Boldin retires, B. one of them leaves via free agency, or C. both.
31. Denver Broncos ~ Stephon Tuitt ~ DL ~ Tuitt to me is a player with a ton of upside that needs to be coached out of bad conditioning habits to have any chance at the NFL. He'll get that chance and that coaching with John Fox, and especially with DeMarcus Ware. I could see him taking over for Ware in a year or two once his age starts to really be a factor.
32. Seattle Seahawks ~ Xavier Su'a-Filo ~ OL ~ WR is a bigger need, but while there are a lot of good WRs left, this guy with a complicated last name is the top guard in the class. Seattle needs two guards. Makes sense to me.
27. New Orleans Saints ~ Dee Ford ~ DL/OLB ~ Ignoring the mess that is the Saints offense right now - have they cut anyone else? - they're making clear efforts to improve their defense, as the Byrd signing indicated. Now with that secondary anchored by a great safety tandem, Rob's next step should be getting his hands on a pass rusher.
28. Carolina Panthers ~ Allen Robinson ~ WR ~ Poor Cam Newton. If he still had Steve Smith, this might be a new protector like Cyrus Kouandijo, or even a fun developmental target like Kelvin Benjamin. Instead, it has to be an immediate impact WR. Has to be. That said, I really like Robinson. He doesn't have the speed or flash or some other receivers, but he's tough and he's reliable.
29. New England Patriots ~ C.J. Mosley ~ LB ~ The Pats, from what I understand, need an ILB. What happened to Dont'a Hightower I don't know, but I trust Big T to know what he's talking about with the Pats. Mosley's the best ILB available, and should fit right in with the rebuilding movement on defense for NE.
30. San Francisco 49ers ~ Brandin Cooks ~ WR ~ This is another team that could take Benjamin, but I don't see it just because they need immediate impact. We all saw ho Kaepernick struggled without Crabtree. Crabtree's not injury prone, but he hasn't exactly been a tough guy. He could get hurt again. Boldin's 34 by next season. Crabtree and Davis are both up for contracts soon, so between that and Kaepernick's contract, it's a fair bet they lose one. Cooks will have a chance to develop before A. Boldin retires, B. one of them leaves via free agency, or C. both.
31. Denver Broncos ~ Stephon Tuitt ~ DL ~ Tuitt to me is a player with a ton of upside that needs to be coached out of bad conditioning habits to have any chance at the NFL. He'll get that chance and that coaching with John Fox, and especially with DeMarcus Ware. I could see him taking over for Ware in a year or two once his age starts to really be a factor.
32. Seattle Seahawks ~ Xavier Su'a-Filo ~ OL ~ WR is a bigger need, but while there are a lot of good WRs left, this guy with a complicated last name is the top guard in the class. Seattle needs two guards. Makes sense to me.
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 1:58 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

Well that didn't take long. Take two:

1. Houston Texans ~ Jadeveon Clowney ~ DL/OLB
2. Cleveland Browns ~ From WAS via STL ~ CAD ~ BBB ~ Johnny Manziel ~ QB
3. Jacksonville Jaguars ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ QB
4. St. Louis Rams ~ From CLE ~ BBB ~ Sammy Watkins ~ WR
5. Oakland Raiders ~ Greg Robinson ~ OL
6. Atlanta Falcons ~ Khalil Mack ~ LB
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ Jake Matthews ~ OL
8. Minnesota Vikings ~ Blake Bortles ~ QB
9. Buffalo Bills ~ Taylor Lewan ~ OL
10. Detroit Lions ~ Darqueze Dennard ~ DB
11. Tennessee Titans ~ Anthony Barr ~ LB
12. New York Giants ~ Eric Ebron ~ TE
13. St. Louis Rams ~ Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix ~ DB
14. Chicago Bears ~ Aaron Donald ~ DL
15. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Justin Gilbert ~ DB
16. Dallas Cowboys ~ Timmy Jernigan ~ DL
17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Marqise Lee ~ WR ~ I said in my last mock I see a lot of similarities between Lee and Victor Cruz. I stand by that, and that's why I think he's a fit for the Ravens long-term; even if Steve Smith fills that role now, he'll be gone within a few years. Lee's a young, athletic receiver who I think will shine in the slot, but has the talent to go outside. Would be a fun competition between him and Marlon for the #3 role, and Smith/Brown/Lee will be a fun trio once Steve Smith retires.
18. New York Jets ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ Lee's gone, but the Jets still need a receiver. I don't think Evans is as good a fit in New York, but I think he can still make it work.
19. Miami Dolphins ~ Zack Martin ~ OL
20. Arizona Cardinals ~ Kony Ealy ~ DL/OLB
21. Green Bay Packers ~ Louis Nix III ~ DL
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ With the other first-round safety still on the board, the Eagles address their #1 need instead.
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Kelvin Benjamin ~ WR ~ This may seem like a stretch, but again, I like Andy Reid coaching a raw prospect up, and Benjamin to me is the biggest case of raw upside in this class.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB ~ Domino effect, pay it no mind.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Domino effect.
26. Cleveland Browns ~ From IND ~ Odell Beckham Jr. ~ WR
27. New Orleans Saints ~ Dee Ford ~ DL/OLB
28. Carolina Panthers ~ Allen Robinson ~ WR
29. New England Patriots ~ C.J. Mosley ~ LB
30. San Francisco 49ers ~ Brandin Cooks ~ WR
31. Denver Broncos ~ Stephon Tuitt ~ DL
32. Seattle Seahawks ~ Xavier Su'a-Filo ~ OL
Well that didn't take long.  Take two:

17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Marqise Lee ~ WR ~ I said in my last mock I see a lot of similarities between Lee and Victor Cruz. I stand by that, and that's why I think he's a fit for the Ravens long-term; even if Steve Smith fills that role now, he'll be gone within a few years. Lee's a young, athletic receiver who I think will shine in the slot, but has the talent to go outside. Would be a fun competition between him and Marlon for the #3 role, and Smith/Brown/Lee will be a fun trio once Steve Smith retires.
18. New York Jets ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ Lee's gone, but the Jets still need a receiver. I don't think Evans is as good a fit in New York, but I think he can still make it work.
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ With the other first-round safety still on the board, the Eagles address their #1 need instead.
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Kelvin Benjamin ~ WR ~ This may seem like a stretch, but again, I like Andy Reid coaching a raw prospect up, and Benjamin to me is the biggest case of raw upside in this class.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB ~ Domino effect, pay it no mind.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Domino effect.
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 2:36 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

17. Kansas City Chiefs ~ From BAL ~ Marqise Lee ~ BBB ~ WR ~ Poor Marqise Lee has jumped to so many different teams already in my mocks. I like Andy Reid coaching Benjamin, but I also think the Chiefs need an immediate impact from their first-round receiver because they're so thin at receiver.
18. New York Jets ~ Mike Evans ~ WR
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB
23. Baltimore Ravens ~ From KC ~ Kelvin Benjamin ~ WR ~ This makes almost too much sense, the more I think about it. He's too raw to start immediately, but that's fine, because there are three solid receivers already on the depth chart. Let him sit and learn for a year or two, occasionally bringing his big, 6'5" frame in for red zone purposes, then unleash him on the league, just like Alshon Jeffrey. Lee plays immediately like he deserves, Benjamin develops into the player he can be, Baltimore doesn't have a logjam, and KC gets an immediate playmaker. Everyone wins.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB

Forgot my Mr. Irrelevant. I'm going to say Kirby Van Der Kemp, the punter from Iowa State.
17. Kansas City Chiefs ~ From BAL ~ Marqise Lee ~ BBB ~ WR ~ Poor Marqise Lee has jumped to so many different teams already in my mocks. I like Andy Reid coaching Benjamin, but I also think the Chiefs need an immediate impact from their first-round receiver because they're so thin at receiver.
18. New York Jets ~ Mike Evans ~ WR
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB
23. Baltimore Ravens ~ From KC ~ Kelvin Benjamin ~ WR ~ This makes almost too much sense, the more I think about it. He's too raw to start immediately, but that's fine, because there are three solid receivers already on the depth chart. Let him sit and learn for a year or two, occasionally bringing his big, 6'5" frame in for red zone purposes, then unleash him on the league, just like Alshon Jeffrey. Lee plays immediately like he deserves, Benjamin develops into the player he can be, Baltimore doesn't have a logjam, and KC gets an immediate playmaker. Everyone wins.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB

Forgot my Mr. Irrelevant. I'm going to say Kirby Van Der Kemp, the punter from Iowa State.
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 2:57 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

Draft's Almost Here edition!

1. Houston Texans ~ Jadeveon Clowney ~ DL/LB
2. Cleveland Browns ~ From WAS via STL ~ CAD ~ Johnny Manziel ~ QB
3. Jacksonville Jaguars ~ Khalil Mack ~ DL/LB ~ Jags apparently really like Mack from everything I've been hearing. They also apparently really like Jimmy Garoppolo, who should be available in round 2.
5. Oakland Raiders ~ Greg Robinson ~ OL ~ I want to say Blake Bortles or Bridgewater here, but everything I can find suggests that A. the Raiders are going all-in on the BPA mentality, and B. they like the late first/early second QBs a lot in this draft.
6. Atlanta Falcons ~ Jake Matthews ~ OL ~ Matt Ryan and his weaknesses I have harped on were not entirely to blame for the struggles of the 2013 Atlanta Falcons offense. If I'm saying that, you know it's true. He didn't get much protection, his receivers were hurt, his run game was even worse than Baltimore's, etc., etc. The receivers will be back healthy this year - though without Gonzo - so drafting a great tackle prospect like Matthews helps both of the remaining issues that aren't Matt Ryan.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ Blake Bortles ~ QB ~ The more I think about it, the less I like this pick. At least give Glennon a shot, worst-case scenario, it's not like McCown can't have success jumping in midseason. But reports are saying the Bucs won't hesitate if Bortles is available, which I think he is.
8. Minnesota Vikings ~ Anthony Barr ~ LB ~ Apparently the Vikes are high on Barr and Mack. Mack's well and far gone, and they apparently all love Mettenberger in spite of his Shake Weight affinity, including Norv, in round 2.
9. Buffalo Bills ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ I think this is overdrafting the guy, but the Bills apparently like Ebron, Evans, and Matthews. Matthews is gone, I can't see Ebron, and they need a better #1 WR. I say they like Mike.
10. Detroit Lions ~ Darqueze Dennard ~ DB ~ People are saying wideout, I still say that with the depth there and the horrid secondary, Detroit grabs Dennard.
11. Tennessee Titans ~ Justin Gilbert ~ DB ~ Only position of need that makes sense for Tennessee here is corner. Gilbert's a little overdrafted, but acceptable at #11.
12. New York Giants ~ Taylor Lewan ~ OT ~ Eli gets killed, but it wasn't just that he sucked or his receivers were Cruz and the also-rans. It was also because he didn't have much protection. I don't buy Schwartz or Brown as long-term replacements. Lewan's the last of the big three tackles left.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB ~ Same need, same reasoning, different guy.
Draft's Almost Here edition!

2. Cleveland Browns ~ From WAS via STL ~ CAD ~ Johnny Manziel ~ QB
3. Jacksonville Jaguars ~ Khalil Mack ~ DL/LB ~ Jags apparently really like Mack from everything I've been hearing. They also apparently really like Jimmy Garoppolo, who should be available in round 2. 
5. Oakland Raiders ~ Greg Robinson ~ OL ~ I want to say Blake Bortles or Bridgewater here, but everything I can find suggests that A. the Raiders are going all-in on the BPA mentality, and B. they like the late first/early second QBs a lot in this draft.
6. Atlanta Falcons ~ Jake Matthews ~ OL ~ Matt Ryan and his weaknesses I have harped on were not entirely to blame for the struggles of the 2013 Atlanta Falcons offense. If I'm saying that, you know it's true. He didn't get much protection, his receivers were hurt, his run game was even worse than Baltimore's, etc., etc. The receivers will be back healthy this year - though without Gonzo - so drafting a great tackle prospect like Matthews helps both of the remaining issues that aren't Matt Ryan.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ Blake Bortles ~ QB ~ The more I think about it, the less I like this pick. At least give Glennon a shot, worst-case scenario, it's not like McCown can't have success jumping in midseason. But reports are saying the Bucs won't hesitate if Bortles is available, which I think he is.
8. Minnesota Vikings ~ Anthony Barr ~ LB ~ Apparently the Vikes are high on Barr and Mack. Mack's well and far gone, and they apparently all love Mettenberger in spite of his Shake Weight affinity, including Norv, in round 2.
9. Buffalo Bills ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ I think this is overdrafting the guy, but the Bills apparently like Ebron, Evans, and Matthews. Matthews is gone, I can't see Ebron, and they need a better #1 WR. I say they like Mike.
10. Detroit Lions ~ Darqueze Dennard ~ DB ~ People are saying wideout, I still say that with the depth there and the horrid secondary, Detroit grabs Dennard.
11. Tennessee Titans ~ Justin Gilbert ~ DB ~ Only position of need that makes sense for Tennessee here is corner. Gilbert's a little overdrafted, but acceptable at #11.
12. New York Giants ~ Taylor Lewan ~ OT ~ Eli gets killed, but it wasn't just that he sucked or his receivers were Cruz and the also-rans. It was also because he didn't have much protection. I don't buy Schwartz or Brown as long-term replacements. Lewan's the last of the big three tackles left.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB ~ Same need, same reasoning, different guy.
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 10:07 PM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Eric Ebron ~ TE ~ I don't know if he falls this far, but I can only see three teams taking him before Baltimore. New York, who I think are more interested in a more traditional tough-catch/blocking TE, Buffalo, who I think want a WR more, and Detroit, who I don't think can ignore their secondary, and as long as Megatron's healthy, they could put me, Big T, Merc, and Greg Schiano at receiver, and still have a great passing game. They can afford to wait until round 2, especially with the talent at receiver. Ozzie's the league's firmest BPA believer, and Ebron's an easy argument there. He gives a different kind of weapon from Pitta, and Daniels is a stopgap. Kubiak loves his tight-ends, too. Only other pick I can see here is Zack Martin, but I think the RT depth is good enough to justify passing on him. Do yourself a favor and don't pick Pryor to the Ravens, I know I did it at first, and the more and more I think about it, the less it makes sense, yet the more I see it. It's not happening, guarantee it.
18. New York Jets ~ Marqise Lee ~ WR ~ I actually think missing out on Evans serves the Jets well, because Lee is a more NFL ready prospect in my mind. Good luck, Geno.
20. Arizona Cardinals ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ BBB ~ QB ~ The Cardinals get what may end up as the steal of the draft. Of the teams that need QBs before them, only two aren't reportedly smitten with a second round prospect. Both of those two get their hands on a QB. Bridgewater will fall, and he'll be a steal to replace stopgap Carson Palmer. The primary concerns I hear with him are that he's not a dual threat, he's a little undersized, and he doesn't have a cannon. The first is irrelevant because Arians has never used dual-threats, Big Ben and Luck are both scramblers. The second is irrelevant because Russell Wilson just won the Superbowl at 5'11", probably closer to 5'10". Arm strength might be an issue with Arians, but looking at tape, I really don't think it's "He has a noodle for an arm" as much as it's "He has a good arm, but it's not a laser rocket arm." It's also worth noting that, if you look up draft scouting reports of Big Ben, you'll see "Marginal mobility, can't escape the rush", so you can debate the veracity of some of these reports.
21. Green Bay Packers ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ I want them to draft a defensive lineman, but goddammit I just can't see them passing on Pryor, especially since they got Peppers.
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Not Pryor, but a good DB nonetheless. Cary Williams really should not be your #1 corner when everyone is healthy, they need a #1 guy.
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Brandin Cooks ~ WR ~ It's a miracle how well Charles carried that offense. Andy Reid needs playmakers. I've said over and over again that I think Cooks is made in the identical mold to DJax, and Andy Reid's the guy that drafted Jackson, the guy that signed him long-term. I think Andy is smitten with this guy.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Kyle Fuller ~ DB ~ Same position, same need, different player.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Louis Nix III ~ DL ~ Not only was Cam Thomas so-so, he's gone. San Diego needs someone in the middle, and Nix at 25 is a good value.
29. New England Patriots ~ Kony Ealy ~ DL/OLB ~ I'm hearing that the Pats want to upgrade their front seven, but I'm hearing DE names thrown around more than linebacker names. Correct me if wrong, Big T. If Ealy's available here, I think it makes sense. I also think there's a high likelihood that the Pats trade this to the Redskins.
17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Eric Ebron ~ TE ~ I don't know if he falls this far, but I can only see three teams taking him before Baltimore. New York, who I think are more interested in a more traditional tough-catch/blocking TE, Buffalo, who I think want a WR more, and Detroit, who I don't think can ignore their secondary, and as long as Megatron's healthy, they could put me, Big T, Merc, and Greg Schiano at receiver, and still have a great passing game. They can afford to wait until round 2, especially with the talent at receiver. Ozzie's the league's firmest BPA believer, and Ebron's an easy argument there. He gives a different kind of weapon from Pitta, and Daniels is a stopgap. Kubiak loves his tight-ends, too. Only other pick I can see here is Zack Martin, but I think the RT depth is good enough to justify passing on him. Do yourself a favor and don't pick Pryor to the Ravens, I know I did it at first, and the more and more I think about it, the less it makes sense, yet the more I see it. It's not happening, guarantee it.
18. New York Jets ~ Marqise Lee ~ WR ~ I actually think missing out on Evans serves the Jets well, because Lee is a more NFL ready prospect in my mind. Good luck, Geno.
20. Arizona Cardinals ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ BBB ~ QB ~ The Cardinals get what may end up as the steal of the draft. Of the teams that need QBs before them, only two aren't reportedly smitten with a second round prospect. Both of those two get their hands on a QB. Bridgewater will fall, and he'll be a steal to replace stopgap Carson Palmer. The primary concerns I hear with him are that he's not a dual threat, he's a little undersized, and he doesn't have a cannon. The first is irrelevant because Arians has never used dual-threats, Big Ben and Luck are both scramblers. The second is irrelevant because Russell Wilson just won the Superbowl at 5'11", probably closer to 5'10". Arm strength might be an issue with Arians, but looking at tape, I really don't think it's "He has a noodle for an arm" as much as it's "He has a good arm, but it's not a laser rocket arm." It's also worth noting that, if you look up draft scouting reports of Big Ben, you'll see "Marginal mobility, can't escape the rush", so you can debate the veracity of some of these reports.
21. Green Bay Packers ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ I want them to draft a defensive lineman, but goddammit I just can't see them passing on Pryor, especially since they got Peppers.
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Not Pryor, but a good DB nonetheless. Cary Williams really should not be your #1 corner when everyone is healthy, they need a #1 guy.
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Brandin Cooks ~ WR ~ It's a miracle how well Charles carried that offense. Andy Reid needs playmakers. I've said over and over again that I think Cooks is made in the identical mold to DJax, and Andy Reid's the guy that drafted Jackson, the guy that signed him long-term. I think Andy is smitten with this guy.
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Kyle Fuller ~ DB ~ Same position, same need, different player.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Louis Nix III ~ DL ~ Not only was Cam Thomas so-so, he's gone. San Diego needs someone in the middle, and Nix at 25 is a good value.
29. New England Patriots ~ Kony Ealy ~ DL/OLB ~ I'm hearing that the Pats want to upgrade their front seven, but I'm hearing DE names thrown around more than linebacker names. Correct me if wrong, Big T. If Ealy's available here, I think it makes sense. I also think there's a high likelihood that the Pats trade this to the Redskins.
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 10:08 PM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

30. San Francisco 49ers ~ Lamarcus Joyner ~ DB ~ In the midst of Kaep being investigated for rape and Aldon Smith nominating himself for the Darwin awards, it's gone under the radar that Chris Culliver was involved in a hit-and-run. They need WRs, but there aren't many immediate players that wouldn't be super overdrafted here, so it doesn't make sense to me. Corner does though.
31. Denver Broncos ~ C.J. Mosley ~ LB ~ Denver needs linebacker help. Mosley's arguably the best in the draft at his position. John Elway's not stupid. Makes too much sense not to happen.
30. San Francisco 49ers ~ Lamarcus Joyner ~ DB ~ In the midst of Kaep being investigated for rape and Aldon Smith nominating himself for the Darwin awards, it's gone under the radar that Chris Culliver was involved in a hit-and-run. They need WRs, but there aren't many immediate players that wouldn't be super overdrafted here, so it doesn't make sense to me. Corner does though.
31. Denver Broncos ~ C.J. Mosley ~ LB ~ Denver needs linebacker help. Mosley's arguably the best in the draft at his position. John Elway's not stupid. Makes too much sense not to happen.
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 10:08 PM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

Trade Filled Super Crazy Jerrah World Edition!

2. Dallas Cowboys ~ From WAS via STL ~ CAD ~ Johnny Manziel ~ QB ~ This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but if there is anyone in the league that would do something like this since the departure of Al Davis, it is Jerry Jones, and every single day the rumors that Dallas has serious interest in trading up for Manziel get louder and louder. The Rams fleece yet another NFC East franchise. I imagine the Cowboys will also shop Tony Romo in order to A. free up a ton of cap space(I think Romo counts for somewhere around $14m in 2014 between bonuses and salary) for a team in desperate need of it, and B. either get back into the first round or restock what they had to give up to the Rams.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars ~ Khalil Mack ~ DL/LB ~ Really tempted to have the Jags swap picks with the Falcons, but I just can't see the Jags passing on Mack. Barr's too raw to be worth it.
4. Cleveland Browns ~ Sammy Watkins ~ WR ~ Poor Cleveland misses out on the QB they want, and I don't think they have the tools to trade for Romo. On the bright side, whoever they do get is going to have the best WR tandem this side of Marshall-Jeffery.
5. Buffalo Bills ~ From OAK ~ CAD ~ Jake Matthews ~ OL ~ From what I understand, the Bills are in love with Matthews, and open to trading up. Raiders are in love with Lewan, open to trading down. Everyone is happy.
6. Atlanta Falcons ~ Greg Robinson ~ OL ~ Also happy? The Atlanta Falcons, because now they get #1. That said, I know you guys probably hate me because of how I pick on Matt Ryan, but I would really appreciate some thoughts from Falcons fans on this, because I don't feel like this will be the pick, but I can't think of anyone other than Eric Ebron, who would be overdrafted here.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ Blake Bortles ~ QB
8. Minnesota Vikings ~ Anthony Barr ~ LB
9. Oakland Raiders ~ From BUF ~ BBB ~ Taylor Lewan ~ OL ~ Everything I hear is saying they love the guy more than either other tackle in the class. Frankly I think Matthews and Robinson are both better, but then again, I also thought Jarvis Jones would be the best defensive player out of last year's draft. It's not Davis anymore, so maybe they know what they're doing.
10. Detroit Lions ~ Darqueze Dennard ~ DB ~ I still like Dennard more than Gilbert. I still don't understand how you can have the best man skillset without the best athleticism, but I'd rather have a savvy football player than a physical freak I have to cater my system to.
11. New York Jets ~ From TEN ~ Eric Ebron ~ TE ~ Gilbert's the only player here that I think makes sense for the Titans, but I don't think CB's a big enough need for the 11th overall pick. From what I hear, the Jets are about as in love with Ebron as the Raiders are with Lewan. They have 12 picks to move up with, and I think Tennessee trades down.
12. New York Giants ~ Aaron Donald ~ DL ~ Linval Joseph was a seriously underrated interior lineman.
13. St. Louis Rams ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ The Rams have yet to meet with Clinton-Dix, which doesn't leave much time left to do so. I think they might be looking for more of the Sean Taylor type of decapitating fee safety, not the Ed Reed center fielder. Call me crazy, but he keeps rising, and again, Rams haven't met with Clinton-Dix.
14. Chicago Bears ~ Timmy Jernigan ~ DL ~ I would kill for a Bears jersey with "JERNIGAN" and some gritty, lineman number on it like 67 or 73. Those uniforms are gorgeous, and a name like Jernigan with a number like that would scream old-school football. Bears need to get better inside.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Justin Gilbert ~ DB ~ You're welcome, Merc.
Trade Filled Super Crazy Jerrah World Edition!

2. Dallas Cowboys ~ From WAS via STL ~ CAD ~ Johnny Manziel ~ QB ~ This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but if there is anyone in the league that would do something like this since the departure of Al Davis, it is Jerry Jones, and every single day the rumors that Dallas has serious interest in trading up for Manziel get louder and louder. The Rams fleece yet another NFC East franchise. I imagine the Cowboys will also shop Tony Romo in order to A. free up a ton of cap space(I think Romo counts for somewhere around $14m in 2014 between bonuses and salary) for a team in desperate need of it, and B. either get back into the first round or restock what they had to give up to the Rams.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars ~ Khalil Mack ~ DL/LB ~ Really tempted to have the Jags swap picks with the Falcons, but I just can't see the Jags passing on Mack. Barr's too raw to be worth it.
4. Cleveland Browns ~ Sammy Watkins ~ WR ~ Poor Cleveland misses out on the QB they want, and I don't think they have the tools to trade for Romo. On the bright side, whoever they do get is going to have the best WR tandem this side of Marshall-Jeffery.
5. Buffalo Bills ~ From OAK ~ CAD ~ Jake Matthews ~ OL ~ From what I understand, the Bills are in love with Matthews, and open to trading up. Raiders are in love with Lewan, open to trading down. Everyone is happy.
6. Atlanta Falcons ~ Greg Robinson ~ OL ~ Also happy? The Atlanta Falcons, because now they get #1. That said, I know you guys probably hate me because of how I pick on Matt Ryan, but I would really appreciate some thoughts from Falcons fans on this, because I don't feel like this will be the pick, but I can't think of anyone other than Eric Ebron, who would be overdrafted here.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ Blake Bortles ~ QB
8. Minnesota Vikings ~ Anthony Barr ~ LB
9. Oakland Raiders ~ From BUF ~ BBB ~ Taylor Lewan ~ OL ~ Everything I hear is saying they love the guy more than either other tackle in the class. Frankly I think Matthews and Robinson are both better, but then again, I also thought Jarvis Jones would be the best defensive player out of last year's draft. It's not Davis anymore, so maybe they know what they're doing.
10. Detroit Lions ~ Darqueze Dennard ~ DB ~ I still like Dennard more than Gilbert. I still don't understand how you can have the best man skillset without the best athleticism, but I'd rather have a savvy football player than a physical freak I have to cater my system to.
11. New York Jets ~ From TEN ~ Eric Ebron ~ TE ~ Gilbert's the only player here that I think makes sense for the Titans, but I don't think CB's a big enough need for the 11th overall pick. From what I hear, the Jets are about as in love with Ebron as the Raiders are with Lewan. They have 12 picks to move up with, and I think Tennessee trades down.
12. New York Giants ~ Aaron Donald ~ DL ~ Linval Joseph was a seriously underrated interior lineman.
13. St. Louis Rams ~ Calvin Pryor ~ DB ~ The Rams have yet to meet with Clinton-Dix, which doesn't leave much time left to do so. I think they might be looking for more of the Sean Taylor type of decapitating fee safety, not the Ed Reed center fielder. Call me crazy, but he keeps rising, and again, Rams haven't met with Clinton-Dix.
14. Chicago Bears ~ Timmy Jernigan ~ DL ~ I would kill for a Bears jersey with "JERNIGAN" and some gritty, lineman number on it like 67 or 73. Those uniforms are gorgeous, and a name like Jernigan with a number like that would scream old-school football. Bears need to get better inside.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Justin Gilbert ~ DB ~ You're welcome, Merc.
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 8:45 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

16. St. Louis Rams ~ From DAL ~ BBB ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ Still need more weapons than just Tavon Austin, and they couldn't find a more different compliment if they tried. I like the pairing. Plus it's a good value at 16.
17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix ~ DB ~ Ed Reed's heir has finally arrived. Elam/Clinton-Dix will become one of the best safety tandems in the league.
18. Tennessee Titans ~ From NYJ ~ Ryan Shazier ~ DE/LB ~ Titans are definitely going defense. I'm debating Shazier vs. Mosley since ILB and OLB are both needs. Coin toss for me, and I'm going Shazier since that makes GB a lot easier.
20. Arizona Cardinals ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ BBB ~ QB
21. Green Bay Packers ~ CJ Mosley ~ LB ~ Still drafting defense. Packers run a 3-4, so getting AJ Hawk a buddy makes sense. Mosley/Matthews/Hawk is a scary LB group.
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Brandin Cooks ~ WR
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Same position, same need, different player.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Louis Nix III ~ DL
26. Cleveland Browns ~ From IND ~ Derek Carr ~ QB ~ With WR nailed down, Browns make a much less stupid decision than they did two years ago with their second first-rounder on a QB.
28. Carolina Panthers ~ Marqise Lee ~ BBB ~ WR ~ Carolina lucks out. I don't think he's as physical or tough as Robinson, but I think Lee's an overall better receiver, and also an immediate impact player.
29. New England Patriots ~ Kony Ealy ~ DL/OLB
30. San Francisco 49ers ~ Kyle Fuller ~ DB ~ Want to say Lee since he's on the board, but CB's a bigger need.
31. Denver Broncos ~ Lamarcus Joyner ~ DB ~ A center's a possibility here too, as is a linebacker or that guard guy with the crazy name. I think they trade out, but I don't feel like thinking of a trade partner.
32. Seattle Seahawks ~ Allen Robinson ~ WR ~ Robinson's an immediate impact player. Russell lost Tate. Seattle needs receivers. I like Allen Robinson at 32. Just a shame for the Seahawks that Lee didn't last to here, I'm pretty sure he's one of Carroll's old USC guys, it would've been perfect.
16. St. Louis Rams ~ From DAL ~ BBB ~ Mike Evans ~ WR ~ Still need more weapons than just Tavon Austin, and they couldn't find a more different compliment if they tried. I like the pairing. Plus it's a good value at 16.
17. Baltimore Ravens ~ Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix ~ DB ~ Ed Reed's heir has finally arrived. Elam/Clinton-Dix will become one of the best safety tandems in the league.
18. Tennessee Titans ~ From NYJ ~ Ryan Shazier ~ DE/LB ~ Titans are definitely going defense. I'm debating Shazier vs. Mosley since ILB and OLB are both needs. Coin toss for me, and I'm going Shazier since that makes GB a lot easier.
20. Arizona Cardinals ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ BBB ~ QB
21. Green Bay Packers ~ CJ Mosley ~ LB ~ Still drafting defense. Packers run a 3-4, so getting AJ Hawk a buddy makes sense. Mosley/Matthews/Hawk is a scary LB group.
22. Philadelphia Eagles ~ Bradley Roby ~ DB
23. Kansas City Chiefs ~ Brandin Cooks ~ WR
24. Cincinnati Bengals ~ Jason Verrett ~ DB ~ Same position, same need, different player.
25. San Diego Chargers ~ Louis Nix III ~ DL
26. Cleveland Browns ~ From IND ~ Derek Carr ~ QB ~ With WR nailed down, Browns make a much less stupid decision than they did two years ago with their second first-rounder on a QB.
28. Carolina Panthers ~ Marqise Lee ~ BBB ~ WR ~ Carolina lucks out. I don't think he's as physical or tough as Robinson, but I think Lee's an overall better receiver, and also an immediate impact player.
29. New England Patriots ~ Kony Ealy ~ DL/OLB
30. San Francisco 49ers ~ Kyle Fuller ~ DB ~ Want to say Lee since he's on the board, but CB's a bigger need.
31. Denver Broncos ~ Lamarcus Joyner ~ DB ~ A center's a possibility here too, as is a linebacker or that guard guy with the crazy name. I think they trade out, but I don't feel like thinking of a trade partner.
32. Seattle Seahawks ~ Allen Robinson ~ WR ~ Robinson's an immediate impact player. Russell lost Tate. Seattle needs receivers. I like Allen Robinson at 32. Just a shame for the Seahawks that Lee didn't last to here, I'm pretty sure he's one of Carroll's old USC guys, it would've been perfect.
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 8:46 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

Final edition:

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney
2 Cleveland Browns - from St. Louis Rams - CAD - Johnny Manziel
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Khalil Mack
4. St. Louis Rams - from Cleveland Browns – Greg Robinson
5. Oakland Raiders – Sammy Watkins
6. Buffalo Bills – from Atlanta Falcons – CAD - BBB- Jake Matthews
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Blake Bortles
8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr
9. Atlanta Falcons – from Buffalo Bills – Taylor Lewan
10. Detroit Lions - Darqueze Dennard
11. New York Jets - from Tennessee Titans - CAD - Eric Ebron
12. New York Giants - Aaron Donald
13. St. Louis Rams – Mike Evans
14. Chicago Bears - Timmy Jernigan
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Justin Gilbert
16. Dallas Cowboys - Louis Nix III
17. Baltimore Ravens - HaHa Clinton-Dix
18. Tennessee Titans - from New York Jets - C.J. Mosley
19. Miami Dolphins - Zack Martin
20. Philadelphia Eagles – from Arizona Cardinals - CAD – Calvin Pryor
21. Green Bay Packers – C.J. Mosley
22. Arizona Cardinals – from Philadelphia Eagles - BBB – Teddy Bridgewater
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Brandin Cooks Jr.
24. Cincinnati Verrett - Jason Verrett
25. San Diego Chargers - Dee Ford
26. Cleveland Browns – Marqise Lee
27. New Orleans Saints - Kony Ealy
28. Carolina Panthers – Allen Robinson
29. New England Patriots – Jace Amaro
30. San Francisco 49ers - Kyle Fuller
31. Denver Broncos – Ryan Shazier
32. Seattle Seahawks – Xavier Su’a-Filo
Final edition:

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney
2 Cleveland Browns - from St. Louis Rams - CAD - Johnny Manziel
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Khalil Mack
4. St. Louis Rams - from Cleveland Browns – Greg Robinson
5. Oakland Raiders – Sammy Watkins
6. Buffalo Bills – from Atlanta Falcons – CAD - BBB- Jake Matthews
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Blake Bortles
8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr
9. Atlanta Falcons – from Buffalo Bills – Taylor Lewan
10. Detroit Lions - Darqueze Dennard
11. New York Jets - from Tennessee Titans - CAD - Eric Ebron
12. New York Giants - Aaron Donald
13. St. Louis Rams – Mike Evans
14. Chicago Bears - Timmy Jernigan
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Justin Gilbert
16. Dallas Cowboys - Louis Nix III
17. Baltimore Ravens - HaHa Clinton-Dix
18. Tennessee Titans - from New York Jets - C.J. Mosley
19. Miami Dolphins - Zack Martin
20. Philadelphia Eagles – from Arizona Cardinals - CAD – Calvin Pryor
21. Green Bay Packers – C.J. Mosley
22. Arizona Cardinals – from Philadelphia Eagles - BBB – Teddy Bridgewater
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Brandin Cooks Jr.
24. Cincinnati Verrett - Jason Verrett
25. San Diego Chargers - Dee Ford
26. Cleveland Browns – Marqise Lee
27. New Orleans Saints - Kony Ealy
28. Carolina Panthers – Allen Robinson
29. New England Patriots – Jace Amaro
30. San Francisco 49ers - Kyle Fuller
31. Denver Broncos – Ryan Shazier
32. Seattle Seahawks – Xavier Su’a-Filo
Posted: May 8, 2014 10:20 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand