The Alliance of Amicable 08ers

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

The Pit

Le_Bunny

What does everyone think about The Pit?
It is a very densely populated, amusing, silly and just completely odd place, and I was wondering what other newcomers' impressions of it were. Personally I see it as a guitar-orientated /b/ board, but censored and not as original (!). I really find it interesting to watch as the different fads or memes pass through, and what aspects of the inside humour remain longer term.
Some of it is hilarious, I think. Case in point: the 'You Laugh, You Lose' threads (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.p hp?t=895669), again a tip of the hat to general internet humour. I also love the obsession with pokemon, I think a lot of people play along to indulge such a juvenile passion... good game though.
Oh and in all seriousness, the 'Influential and Moving Pictures' thread is amazing, a great read, unlike most else posted in The Pit. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.p hp?t=658441)

So anyway, what is your opinion on The Pit? Experiences, comments or favourite threads anyone?
What does everyone think about The Pit?
It is a very densely populated, amusing, silly and just completely odd place, and I was wondering what other newcomers' impressions of it were. Personally I see it as a guitar-orientated /b/ board, but censored and not as original (!). I really find it interesting to watch as the different fads or memes pass through, and what aspects of the inside humour remain longer term.
Some of it is hilarious, I think. Case in point: the 'You Laugh, You Lose' threads (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895669), again a tip of the hat to general internet humour. I also love the obsession with pokemon, I think a lot of people play along to indulge such a juvenile passion... good game though.
Oh and in all seriousness, the 'Influential and Moving Pictures' thread is amazing, a great read, unlike most else posted in The Pit. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658441)

So anyway, what is your opinion on The Pit? Experiences, comments or favourite threads anyone?
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 4:45 AM - Quote - Report!

CheapAcoustic

Lol everything you said :)
Anyway the pit is almost the only reason I come to UG since of late.
Lol everything you said :)
Anyway the pit is almost the only reason I come to UG since of late.
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 4:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Trickycindy

Yer I've been lurking in the Pit since I 1st started playing guitar in 2004, never registered til '08 though. I think the pit can be f ucking hilarious, but there are certain annoying aspects, censoring swearwords? on the interwebz? why? I like the fact that there's always people online and always an argument or debate to be had. Yer I've been lurking in the Pit since I 1st started playing guitar in 2004, never registered til '08 though. I think the pit can be f ucking hilarious, but there are certain annoying aspects, censoring swearwords? on the interwebz? why? I like the fact that there's always people online and always an argument or debate to be had.
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 3:30 PM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

Trickycindy wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 10:30am :
I like the fact that there's always people online and always an argument or debate to be had.

THis
+2
[QUOTE u='Trickycindy' d='2008-12-31 10:30:23'] I like the fact that there's always people online and always an argument or debate to be had.[/QUOTE]
THis
+2
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 1:38 AM - Quote - Report!

--{matt}--

If it wasnt for the pit id probably never post. Great way to pass time If it wasnt for the pit id probably never post. Great way to pass time
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 9:03 PM - Quote - Report!

SoWrongItsMatt

I don't like it when people call it a recycled /b/. True, there are idiots who pass on the same old memes from 4chan, but not everyone does that. The Pit has some originality.

I like the Pit.
I don't like it when people call it a recycled /b/. True, there are idiots who pass on the same old memes from 4chan, but not everyone does that. The Pit has [i]some[/i] originality.

I like the Pit.
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 10:18 PM - Quote - Report!

angusfan16

Usually laugh my ass off every time i go to the pit. Usually laugh my ass off every time i go to the pit.
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 6:39 PM - Quote - Report!

Le_Bunny

What about that 'Ninjas can't catch you' thread? There's some great lulz to be had right there. Instant classic. What about that 'Ninjas can't catch you' thread? There's some great lulz to be had right there. Instant classic.
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 9:40 AM - Quote - Report!

Trickycindy

Yeah but most of those were in the You Laugh You Lose thread at least 3 years ago. But hey, 3 years is a long time in the interwebz Yeah but most of those were in the You Laugh You Lose thread at least 3 years ago. But hey, 3 years is a long time in the interwebz
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 4:14 PM - Quote - Report!

xorg3

there are fucking good ways to say shitty words, just look there are fucking good ways to say shitty words, just look
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 9:19 PM - Quote - Report!

The.new.guy

Lately The Pit has been letting me down. I'm not getting my usual 'OMG LULZ' in there. It's like I can't laugh anymore. :sad: Lately The Pit has been letting me down. I'm not getting my usual 'OMG LULZ' in there. It's like I can't laugh anymore. :sad:
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 6:05 AM - Quote - Report!

MushroomBomb

I'd just like to point out that I'm an actual Pokmon freak :D Probably one of the few in The Pit.

About The Pit, every once in a while something fun comes around. If not, you just gotta make them fun :)
I'd just like to point out that I'm an actual Pokmon freak :D Probably one of the few in The Pit.

About The Pit, every once in a while something fun comes around. If not, you just gotta make them fun :)
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 11:08 AM - Quote - Report!

fret-less

I love poke'mon! I mean...I love the pit! it's fun times. Just saying, probably my favorite part about UG. I love poke'mon! I mean...I love the pit! it's fun times. Just saying, probably my favorite part about UG.
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 1:30 PM - Quote - Report!

BeastlyBassist

MushroomBomb wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 6:08am :

I've beat at least one of the games from every gen at least once, and beat pearl twice and platinum once. I think there are more than you'd realize in the pit. You just gotta use sweet scent to flush em out :p: I honestly really enjoy the pit, recycled old memes and all. I like how you can go there for laughs or go there to talk about real stuff and debate with people. All around good tiems.
MushroomBomb wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 6:08am :

I've beat at least one of the games from every gen at least once, and beat pearl twice and platinum once. I think there are more than you'd realize in the pit. You just gotta use sweet scent to flush em out :p:

I honestly really enjoy the pit, recycled old memes and all. I like how you can go there for laughs or go there to talk about real stuff and debate with people. All around good tiems.
Posted: May 16, 2009 11:45 PM - Quote - Report!

epicpepper47

--{matt}-- wrote on Jan 10th, 2009 at 4:03pm :
If it wasnt for the pit id probably never post. Great way to pass time
+1
--{matt}-- wrote on Jan 10th, 2009 at 4:03pm :
If it wasnt for the pit id probably never post. Great way to pass time

+1
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 7:40 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand