Acoustics are guitars too!

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Favorite Acoustic You Own or Have Played

Crazylegs11

Mine is my Fender T-Bucket that I own. Acoustic-Electric and sounded better than guitars that cost 100-200 dollars more. What's yours? Mine is my Fender T-Bucket that I own.  Acoustic-Electric and sounded better than guitars that cost 100-200 dollars more.  What's yours? 
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 4:35 AM - Quote - Report!

libertines4ever

yamaha fg 180 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4_r14jGgo&feature =related father bought it for about 20 pounds in second hand shop 30 years ago :) yamaha fg 180
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4_r14jGgo&feature =related

father bought it for about 20 pounds in second hand shop 30 years ago :)
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 8:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazylegs11

libertines4ever wrote on Aug 3rd, 2009 at 3:17pm :
yamaha fg 180
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4_r14jGgo&fea ture =related

The old yamaha's seem to be really nice guitars. We have one at my school that used to be really nice before the band room flooded.
libertines4ever wrote on Aug 3rd, 2009 at 3:17pm :
yamaha fg 180
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4_r14jGgo&fea ture =related

The old yamaha's seem to be really nice guitars. We have one at my school that used to be really nice before the band room flooded.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 10:29 PM - Quote - Report!

devoncustoms

Mine was an old scratched and dented sorry looking thing that i found on the top shelf in a crappy second hand store, stripped it back to wood, reshaped the back of the neck(to make it more comfortable) then revarnished it. 3 months of blood (yes i cut myself) sweat and tears went into it, and it sounds and feels great. Mine was an old scratched and dented sorry looking thing that i found on the top shelf in a crappy second hand store, stripped it back to wood, reshaped the back of the neck(to make it more comfortable) then revarnished it. 3 months of blood (yes i cut myself) sweat and tears went into it, and it sounds and feels great.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 3:18 AM - Quote - Report!

Aerokizzombie

old Ovation Celebrity w/ a black/light green burst old Ovation Celebrity w/ a black/light green burst
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 10:16 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazylegs11

the older they are the better they seem to be. Just an observation. the older they are the better they seem to be. Just an observation.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 1:05 AM - Quote - Report!

Natrone

Depending on what they're made of. You know, solid/laminate wood. The best acoustic I've ever played? Either an Alvarez Yairi or a $3500 Breedlove Depending on what they're made of. You know, solid/laminate wood.

The best acoustic I've ever played? Either an Alvarez Yairi or a $3500 Breedlove
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 7:06 AM - Quote - Report!

MattyBoy 1337

I'm in love with my Yamaha FX370C. It's an electro- acoustic. It's got a cutaway for greater ease of play. The thing I love most about it is it's deep, rich tone, and it's rosewood fretboard. I got it for about $230 or something. I'm in love with my Yamaha FX370C. It's an electro- acoustic. It's got a cutaway for greater ease of play. The thing I love most about it is it's deep, rich tone, and it's rosewood fretboard. I got it for about $230 or something.
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 9:08 PM - Quote - Report!

Aerokizzombie

also like my 12-string guild (it was 2200 in 1982 so imagine what it would be worth new today) but I cant play 12 string good :sad: also like my 12-string guild (it was 2200 in 1982 so imagine what it would be worth new today)

but I cant play 12 string good :sad:
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 1:27 AM - Quote - Report!

yamadawg

Martin D-16 $1600 wonderful sounding guitar, I love it Martin D-16 $1600
wonderful sounding guitar, I love it
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 11:37 PM - Quote - Report!

justinkh

All I have is a Fender DG-10, and I play the hell out of it. But, I have played beautiful 12 string Martins, Takamines, and even a Taylor once. I couldn't pick a favorite guitar. They all have their perks. As a poor 17 year old, I don't exactly get pick of the litter, but playing shops/friends guitars has opened my eyes to that. All I have is a Fender DG-10, and I play the hell out of it. But, I have played beautiful 12 string Martins, Takamines, and even a Taylor once. I couldn't pick a favorite guitar. They all have their perks. As a poor 17 year old, I don't exactly get pick of the litter, but playing shops/friends guitars has opened my eyes to that.
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 1:22 AM - Quote - Report!

wanderer33

My current fave that I play is a Larrivee' LV-03RE acoustic/electric that I got from tax time. My old fave was a Washburn D10 acoustic that I still have and that I have written some great songs with! My current fave that I play is a Larrivee' LV-03RE acoustic/electric that I got from tax time. My old fave was a Washburn D10 acoustic that I still have and that I have written some great songs with!
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 3:12 AM - Quote - Report!

JohnnyV

My Seagull S6. I've played many Martins, Taylors, Fenders, Gibsons and Takamines but this Seagull has beaten anything else (thus far) for tone. Great guitar. My Seagull S6. I've played many Martins, Taylors, Fenders, Gibsons and Takamines but this Seagull has beaten anything else (thus far) for tone. Great guitar.
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 4:36 PM - Quote - Report!

Accousticguy

my favourite accoustic guitar. is a (year unknown) FENIX XL-30 JUMBO made by young chang. Unbeliveable full body sound, its been compared too high end guitars that should blow it out of the water, my guitar shop loves it when i bring it in it is a favourite for a widely unknown guitar. my favourite accoustic guitar.

is a (year unknown) FENIX XL-30 JUMBO made by young chang.
Unbeliveable full body sound, its been compared too high end guitars that should blow it out of the water, my guitar shop loves it when i bring it in it is a favourite for a widely unknown guitar.
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 10:53 PM - Quote - Report!

cynabuns

My fav. is my Washburn that my dad gave me. I love it!! My fav. is my Washburn that my dad gave me. I love it!!
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Ic3

Ibanez v-series , but i also like fender sonorar anc californa stile Ibanez v-series , but i also like fender sonorar anc californa stile
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 2:17 PM - Quote - Report!

mrdog1967

I love my Washburns...especially my festival series...the onboard electronics aren't the best, but the neck is perfect for me! I love my Washburns...especially my festival series...the onboard electronics aren't the best, but the neck is perfect for me!
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 8:28 PM - Quote - Report!

ToBeAnnounced

My Daion. I've tried to find out more about it, but there's not much history about the company. All I know about it is that John Denver used to own it, and that he played it at Madison Square Garden. My Daion. I've tried to find out more about it, but there's not much history about the company. All I know about it is that John Denver used to own it, and that he played it at Madison Square Garden.
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 3:37 AM - Quote - Report!

BushMasterFlex

Some Carbon fiber one that i played at AXE Music in Edmonton. it was so damn nice but i forggot what it was Some Carbon fiber one that i played at AXE Music in Edmonton. it was so damn nice but i forggot what it was
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 9:31 PM - Quote - Report!

FullyFlared129

taylor 314 or the taylor 510 taylor 314 or the taylor 510
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 8:36 PM - Quote - Report!

Clayton777

So far, Ibanez Sage, inexpensive? Yes. Good? Uh huh.
I really liked this one Seagull I played once too.
So far, Ibanez Sage, inexpensive? Yes. Good? Uh huh. I really liked this one Seagull I played once too.
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 3:58 AM - Quote - Report!

buid

hmmmm, I've got to say the top two have got to be a $6500 Limited Ed. Maton and A Cole Clarke FL2 ...... I love Australian Made guitars :) hmmmm, I've got to say the top two have got to be a $6500 Limited Ed. Maton and A Cole Clarke FL2 ...... I love Australian Made guitars :)
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 10:26 AM - Quote - Report!

test#meat

when i started playing guitar my teacher wanted me to play acoustic guitar for half a year first before starting the electric stuff. i took my fathers old acoustic he bought back in the early 70's and i love it. it has some kind of a soul and after taking it to several festivals etc this guitar really tells a story, even though the sound is not the greatest! when i started playing guitar my teacher wanted me to play acoustic guitar for half a year first before starting the electric stuff. i took my fathers old acoustic he bought back in the early 70's and i love it. it has some kind of a soul and after taking it to several festivals etc this guitar really tells a story, even though the sound is not the greatest!
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 4:10 AM - Quote - Report!

guitarist405th

my favorite Acoustic that ive played was my friends martin D-28 my favorite Acoustic that ive played was my friends martin D-28
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 2:00 AM - Quote - Report!

nighthood2000

My first Dreadnaught 608 Johnson Guitar, Straight black, given to me as a gift. Perfect fret board for capos and to hold, light body, beautiful sound, easy to tune and put new strings on. My first Dreadnaught 608 Johnson Guitar, Straight black, given to me as a gift. Perfect fret board for capos and to hold, light body, beautiful sound, easy to tune and put new strings on.
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 3:22 AM - Quote - Report!

Andres_Cuevas

My only acoustic, fender dreadnought
it's an OK guitar
My only acoustic, fender dreadnought it's an OK guitar
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 8:26 PM - Quote - Report!

fatlady2ac

I got a Vantage vw-150 when i was twelve and it is still in pristine condition. Such a rich sound from its 30 years on earth, even if it is not a solid top. I just bought a Cole Clark FL2AC and that guitar makes me want to play it. Sustainable Australian timbers with a light mat/satin finish. Grover tuning adjustment, Mother of Pearl inlaid fretboard markers. The craftsmanship is excellent, but the sound is amazing. Then, when you plug the thing in, it really comes to life. I also own a fender strat copy POS that I was tempted to burn till I got the local tech to rework it. Now it actually sounds half decent. But my favorite would have to be the old faithful vw150 she just falls into my hands and I know her really well and she has a thick gloss coating that takes a beating. I always take her to mates houses and camping when we go, nothing like a song around a campfire or a porch. Now that is what acoustic guitars are really for. I got a Vantage vw-150 when i was twelve and it is still in pristine condition. Such a rich sound from its 30 years on earth, even if it is not a solid top. I just bought a Cole Clark FL2AC and that guitar makes me want to play it. Sustainable Australian timbers with a light mat/satin finish. Grover tuning adjustment, Mother of Pearl inlaid fretboard markers. The craftsmanship is excellent, but the sound is amazing. Then, when you plug the thing in, it really comes to life. I also own a fender strat copy POS that I was tempted to burn till I got the local tech to rework it. Now it actually sounds half decent. But my favorite would have to be the old faithful vw150 she just falls into my hands and I know her really well and she has a thick gloss coating that takes a beating. I always take her to mates houses and camping when we go, nothing like a song around a campfire or a porch. Now that is what acoustic guitars are really for.
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 4:16 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand