Acoustics are guitars too!

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Extravagant Vs. Simple

justinkh

Which do you prefer: Extravagant, complicated, fast paced acoustic; or simple, ingenius, well put together chords?
Which do you prefer: Extravagant, complicated, fast paced acoustic; or simple, ingenius, well put together chords?
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 1:30 AM - Quote - Report!

wanderer33

I'm the kind that loves all styles but when it comes to learning a song, I prefer it to be simple but well put together. I'm the kind that loves all styles but when it comes to learning a song, I prefer it to be simple but well put together.
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 3:14 AM - Quote - Report!

acade365

definitely the second option. definitely the second option.
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 1:46 AM - Quote - Report!

elitelegions

fast paced acoustic actually and of course ingenius and well put together chords fast paced acoustic actually and of course ingenius and well put together chords
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 3:26 PM - Quote - Report!

Ic3

Easy , something like green day time of your life Easy , something like green day time of your life
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 2:19 PM - Quote - Report!

asfastasdark

Second one. Second one.
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 9:17 PM - Quote - Report!

LPGeek

Can you please give some examples of each different type you're talking about? Can you please give some examples of each different type you're talking about?
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 12:05 PM - Quote - Report!

mamosa

As long as it's done well, it doesn't matter to me. Andy McKee has some awesome fast-paced songs that are quite well put together. But slow and simple also is pretty awesome. The intro to Regret Not by All That Remains comes to mind. As long as it's done well, it doesn't matter to me. Andy McKee has some awesome fast-paced songs that are quite well put together.

But slow and simple also is pretty awesome. The intro to Regret Not by All That Remains comes to mind.
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 12:26 PM - Quote - Report!

FullyFlared129

i like some complicated sometimes like Dave Matthew's kind of stuff, and well put together chords. Death Cab for Cutie has some really well put together chords. i like some complicated sometimes like Dave Matthew's kind of stuff, and well put together chords. Death Cab for Cutie has some really well put together chords.
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 11:29 PM - Quote - Report!

Aerokizzombie

a mix. Like change and no rain from blind melon. awesome on acoustic and they have the steady verse and chorus and a solo a mix. Like change and no rain from blind melon. awesome on acoustic and they have the steady verse and chorus and a solo
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 9:28 PM - Quote - Report!

PhillCantu93

Both, as long as they're not done exclusively for the sake of being fast/slow/etc. Both, as long as they're not done exclusively for the sake of being fast/slow/etc.
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 7:53 PM - Quote - Report!

fatlady2ac

i think easy and simple but that it skill based i would love to rip out some complicated riffs and leads. Easy and simple is better to sing with also i think easy and simple but that it skill based i would love to rip out some complicated riffs and leads. Easy and simple is better to sing with also
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 4:23 PM - Quote - Report!

Ic3

simple songs easy to play and for people to play along , like on the bech , round the bonfire , simple songs easy to play and for people to play along , like on the bech , round the bonfire ,
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 8:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Black Orchid

If it's extravagant, it better have as much of a groove to it as a simple but well played riff would.
There's a time and place for both.
If it's extravagant, it better have as much of a groove to it as a simple but well played riff would. There's a time and place for both.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 5:39 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand