All the visual artists of Ultimate Guitar

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Who's your favorite artist?

Fried Cheese

Ok, so i really like Jean Michel Basquiat's work. He was a vey good artist and his concepts were clear an understandable even when he painted with Andy Warhol. I also like him because I can realte to him a lot and saw his work at a Chelsea gallery in Manhattan NY. Seeing those huge canvases in the middle of an empty white quiet room is quite menacing but it makes one absorb the artist and artwork to the fullest without the mouth of another onlooker babbling away on thier opinion. I alos love Hieronymus Bosch. His art was way ahead of his time in concept and it's very interesting to look at (mostly refering to his Garden of Earthly Delights). I recently dicovered in a Chealsea gallery also, the work of Peter Beste. His photographs of true Norwegian Black Metal are fantastic. I don't really like metal at all but the pictures were soooo good. I also love the artwork of Brandon Boyd. The colors he uses in his art are engaing and bright and the use of line and shape in his work is lovely. Another artist I want to note is Antoni Gaudi who has some great architectural work. So far those are the people i'm currently interested in. I've discovered many artists, that it's difficult to note which is the greatest. The one true artist that i adore is myself because i need to like my artwork in order to create it otherwise, I dunno what I'm doing and why.
Ok, so i really like Jean Michel Basquiat's work. He was a vey good artist and his concepts were clear an understandable even when he painted with Andy Warhol. I also like him because I can realte to him a lot and saw his work at a Chelsea gallery in Manhattan NY. Seeing those huge canvases in the middle of an empty white quiet room is quite menacing but it makes one absorb the artist and artwork to the fullest without the mouth of another onlooker babbling away on thier opinion. I alos love Hieronymus Bosch. His art was way ahead of his time in concept and it's very interesting to look at (mostly refering to his Garden of Earthly Delights). I recently dicovered in a Chealsea gallery also, the work of Peter Beste. His photographs of true Norwegian Black Metal are fantastic. I don't really like metal at all but the pictures were soooo good. I also love the artwork of Brandon Boyd. The colors he uses in his art are engaing and bright and the use of line and shape in his work is lovely. Another artist I want to note is Antoni Gaudi who has some great architectural work. So far those are the people i'm currently interested in. I've discovered many artists, that it's difficult to note which is the greatest. The one true artist that i adore is myself because i need to like my artwork in order to create it otherwise, I dunno what I'm doing and why.
Posted: May 24, 2008 5:13 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand