artists of UG

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

painting :)

esther_mouse

so, no matter where i look, ALL art threads seem to be about photography, photoshop, corel painter, (ms paint)...etc etc. i've not seen one about how people paint :)

so, tell me, what style do you paint in? what type of paint do you use? paper, canvas, brushes, palette knives, anything else...

personally i'm a huge fan of oil paints, and often seem to end up painting vaguely post-impressionist style work (like cezanne)...think prussian blue outlines, lol.

i've recently started using canvases instead of paper (less oil sinks into them and goes all icky, i find, lol) and i tend to use whatever brushes are lying around. i don't think the brush affects the quality of my work when i'm painting in this style, it just makes it easier if i use a nice smooth and reasonably stiff brush :)

i've dabbled in water colours, too, and often find myself combining them with ink drawings...

i usually end up using acrylic (or poster paint :() in place of oil, since it's cheaper :\ but i don't think it looks as good.

i'll upload some pictures when i can photograph them (camera battery is dead).

what about everyone else? any other painters...? :)

edit: chalk pastel study on canvas for an oil painting (which i will hopefully have time to get round to soon .)

acrylic on canvas, a little man holding a pearl.

so, no matter where i look, ALL art threads seem to be about photography, photoshop, corel painter, (ms paint)...etc etc. i've not seen one about how people paint :)

so, tell me, what style do you paint in? what type of paint do you use? paper, canvas, brushes, palette knives, anything else...

personally i'm a huge fan of oil paints, and often seem to end up painting vaguely post-impressionist style work (like cezanne)...think prussian blue outlines, lol.

i've recently started using canvases instead of paper (less oil sinks into them and goes all icky, i find, lol) and i tend to use whatever brushes are lying around. i don't think the brush affects the quality of my work when i'm painting in this style, it just makes it easier if i use a nice smooth and reasonably stiff brush :)

i've dabbled in water colours, too, and often find myself combining them with ink drawings...

i usually end up using acrylic (or poster paint :() in place of oil, since it's cheaper :\ but i don't think it looks as good.

i'll upload some pictures when i can photograph them (camera battery is dead).

what about everyone else? any other painters...? :)

edit: chalk pastel study on canvas for an oil painting (which i will hopefully have time to get round to soon .)

acrylic on canvas, a little man holding a pearl.

Posted: Aug 25, 2007 6:36 PM - Quote - Report!

rabidguitarist

wow, you're pretty good with acrylics.

I can't get the hang of them at all.
I might upload some of my acrylics later, but they're nothing special...
wow, you're pretty good with acrylics.

I can't get the hang of them at all.
I might upload some of my acrylics later, but they're nothing special...
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 11:37 AM - Quote - Report!

rabidguitarist

heres my latest painting. It's in acrylics. As I said, I'm just getting used to them at the moment... heres my latest painting. It's in acrylics. As I said, I'm just getting used to them at the moment...
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 12:31 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand