The David Gilmour Society

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Best guitar work on an album?

Tele Echoes

I'm going to go with Wish You Were Here, followed by Dark Side Of The Moon, and the Animals. Animals has the best guitar track D.G ever produced from his Godly hands ("Dogs"), but the brillaince of Shine On You Crazy Diamond and the songs in between were truly Gilmour in beyond top form. Dark Side Of The Moon can't and no doubt will ever be overlooked due to it's popularity, and rightfully so. Time delivers a crunchy verse, soft chorus, and angelic solo, while the slide up to the 16th fret during the solo is when it gets nearly orgasmic. Brain Damage is a simplistic yet appealing piece of guitar work, while the guitar work on Breathe and Eclipse are the definitive Gilmour sound at work. Also, who could forget to mention the joy it is to marvel at the tone David screams out for the Money solo. The Wall features some of his best solos, although it's sorely lacking his amazing completely structured guitar songs. David Gilmour saved The Wall (don't believe me? Download the bootleg album "Under Construction" to hear what the Wall would have been like without Gilmour, with the exception of "Comfortably Numb", which Gilmour wrote for his solo album.)
I'm going to go with Wish You Were Here, followed by Dark Side Of The Moon, and the Animals. Animals has the best guitar track D.G ever produced from his Godly hands ("Dogs"), but the brillaince of Shine On You Crazy Diamond and the songs in between were truly Gilmour in beyond top form. Dark Side Of The Moon can't and no doubt will ever be overlooked due to it's popularity, and rightfully so. Time delivers a crunchy verse, soft chorus, and angelic solo, while the slide up to the 16th fret during the solo is when it gets nearly orgasmic. Brain Damage is a simplistic yet appealing piece of guitar work, while the guitar work on Breathe and Eclipse are the definitive Gilmour sound at work. Also, who could forget to mention the joy it is to marvel at the tone David screams out for the Money solo. The Wall features some of his best solos, although it's sorely lacking his amazing completely structured guitar songs. David Gilmour saved The Wall (don't believe me? Download the bootleg album "Under Construction" to hear what the Wall would have been like without Gilmour, with the exception of "Comfortably Numb", which Gilmour wrote for his solo album.)
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 3:08 PM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

I love pretty much everything he has ever put his guitar and his voice to, so i really can't pick! I love pretty much everything he has ever put his guitar and his voice to, so i really can't pick!
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 1:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Willie Chains

For guitar work, has to be Animals!! For guitar work, has to be Animals!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 2:17 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand