UG Missle Silo

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

SiloFest Management

Zapht

Ok so im doing some forum cleanup and making a few threads for each topic. this one is what to do WITH the silo once we get it.

we already know that it will be called silofest and we will use it to host venues but we dont know exactly how the layout will work or where anything will be such as stages, stores, etc.

we are open to all critisism (if legit) and ideas you may have. plz if you think you have an idea that might help even a little BRING IT UP!
Ok so im doing some forum cleanup and making a few threads for each topic. this one is what to do WITH the silo once we get it.

we already know that it will be called silofest and we will use it to host venues but we dont know exactly how the layout will work or where anything will be such as stages, stores, etc.

we are open to all critisism (if legit) and ideas you may have. plz if you think you have an idea that might help even a little BRING IT UP!
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 12:56 AM - Quote - Report!

Elusive

I think you should contact the seller of the silo and see if you can get more in depth photos. If we can get a good look at where everything is we can give suggestions as to put what where. I think you should contact the seller of the silo and see if you can get more in depth photos. If we can get a good look at where everything is we can give suggestions as to put what where.
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 12:21 AM - Quote - Report!

misterguitar13

I agree, i think that if we let the seller know what we are doing, than all the better! I agree, i think that if we let the seller know what we are doing, than all the better!
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 2:17 AM - Quote - Report!

gourd42

I just found a diagram of the silos insides here it is:

http://asuwlink.uwyo.edu/~jimkirk/missile/drawing_ underground_silo_complex.jpg

im pretty sure the titan one is the one we are buying, right?
I just found a diagram of the silos insides here it is:

http://asuwlink.uwyo.edu/~jimkirk/missile/drawing_ underground_silo_complex.jpg

im pretty sure the titan one is the one we are buying, right?
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 5:43 PM - Quote - Report!

Elusive

HOLY BALLS. If we get all that, then well, we will have no problem with space, here is my suggestion to this

The power house be used for its purpose and get it running up to par to power the place.

The control center could be used for the main stage

the antenas can remain antenas ad get our own radio station coming out of this (easier sponsors as well)

Launcher 1 be like a area for personal sales amoung guitar players

Launcher 2/3 be for our sponsors
HOLY BALLS. If we get all that, then well, we will have no problem with space, here is my suggestion to this

The power house be used for its purpose and get it running up to par to power the place.

The control center could be used for the main stage

the antenas can remain antenas ad get our own radio station coming out of this (easier sponsors as well)

Launcher 1 be like a area for personal sales amoung guitar players

Launcher 2/3 be for our sponsors
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 7:58 PM - Quote - Report!

Zapht

ok thank you gourd for the diagram of the silo!

now elusive has a prettyy good layout for the place but im still not sure if the room is big enough for a stage. lets see if we can find the area of the stage area (including crowd seatings and mosh pit) for ozzfest and well compare that to the size of the control room.
ok thank you gourd for the diagram of the silo!

now elusive has a prettyy good layout for the place but im still not sure if the room is big enough for a stage. lets see if we can find the area of the stage area (including crowd seatings and mosh pit) for ozzfest and well compare that to the size of the control room.
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 9:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Elusive

well I am pretty sure the room would be big enough, it is a military instalation and the U.S. likes things big...... but if it is not big enough we would have to have the shows above ground and we could turn that into something else. well I am pretty sure the room would be big enough, it is a military instalation and the U.S. likes things big...... but if it is not big enough we would have to have the shows above ground and we could turn that into something else.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 5:31 PM - Quote - Report!

SOADrox429

You guys are forgetting about all of the land we would be purchasing around the base. You guys are forgetting about all of the land we would be purchasing around the base.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 11:19 PM - Quote - Report!

CrowLord

http://www.themissilebase.com/photos
this is a site for the missile silo, i think, with pictures of the outside.Are we sure they will sell it to us, because the ebay listing looks like it is for renting?
http://www.themissilebase.com/photos
this is a site for the missile silo, i think, with pictures of the outside.Are we sure they will sell it to us, because the ebay listing looks like it is for renting?
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 7:09 PM - Quote - Report!

Elusive

SOADrox429 wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 6:19pm :
You guys are forgetting about all of the land we would be purchasing around the base.

Its not that we forgot. I mean if the control room is to small for the actual venue then we can have the stage on the ground level.
SOADrox429 wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 6:19pm :
You guys are forgetting about all of the land we would be purchasing around the base.

Its not that we forgot. I mean if the control room is to small for the actual venue then we can have the stage on the ground level.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 9:00 PM - Quote - Report!

gourd42

it looks like the ebay listing is closed!
what should we do if we cant have this particular one?
Posted: May 1, 2008 3:21 AM - Quote - Report!

Zapht

yeh what might happen is the actual show is ground level and places for control rooms, security, and band lounges can be underground. hows that sound? yeh what might happen is the actual show is ground level and places for control rooms, security, and band lounges can be underground. hows that sound?
Posted: May 8, 2008 7:59 PM - Quote - Report!

ArmyofAngels

Zapht wrote on May 8th, 2008 at 2:59pm :
yeh what might happen is the actual show is ground level and places for control rooms, security, and band lounges can be underground. hows that sound?

I think that's a pretty good idea but where are our sponsors going to be?
Zapht wrote on May 8th, 2008 at 2:59pm :
yeh what might happen is the actual show is ground level and places for control rooms, security, and band lounges can be underground. hows that sound?

I think that's a pretty good idea but where are our sponsors going to be?
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 12:26 AM - Quote - Report!

ztoner

gourd42 wrote on Apr 30th, 2008 at 10:21pm :

maybe they just remade the listing in a different item number. ill do some research and see what i can find.
[QUOTE u='gourd42' d='2008-04-30 22:21:08']it looks like the ebay listing is closed!
what should we do if we cant have this particular one?[/QUOTE]

maybe they just remade the listing in a different item number. ill do some research and see what i can find.
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 7:38 PM - Quote - Report!

Kjoyea

http://cgi.ebay.com/Titan-Missile-Base-Central-Was hington_W0QQitemZ190189655473QQihZ009QQcategoryZ16 07QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem http://cgi.ebay.com/Titan-Missile-Base-Central-Washington_W0QQitemZ190189655473QQihZ009QQcategoryZ1607QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 8:27 PM - Quote - Report!

tona_107

smaller acoustic stage indoors, and the huge stage outdoors? smaller acoustic stage indoors, and the huge stage outdoors?
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 4:23 AM - Quote - Report!

100%guitarmad

Note on the picture that gourd posted, there is a break in the tunnel between the antennas and the crossroad near the control room. Note on the picture that gourd posted, there is a break in the tunnel between the antennas and the crossroad near the control room.
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 7:38 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand