UG Missle Silo

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Good idea, but too ambitious

mrcrono

I dig the idea of UG users getting together and buying a venue. That just makes sense.

But a missile silo costing $1.5 Million dollars?

What about, like, a bar in a city? Where people will actually go. Hell, even a barn that we could clean out and fix up would work.

If we're going for Epic, then sure lets try and get a missile silo. If we're going for attainable, I say we try and get something more reasonable.
I dig the idea of UG users getting together and buying a venue. That just makes sense.

But a missile silo costing $1.5 Million dollars?

What about, like, a bar in a city? Where people will actually go. Hell, even a barn that we could clean out and fix up would work.

If we're going for Epic, then sure lets try and get a missile silo. If we're going for attainable, I say we try and get something more reasonable.
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 12:23 AM - Quote - Report!

Cato_60

i agree... i think this group needs to get get some updates as welll...the newest one is like april
.....its september for christ sakes
i agree... i think this group needs to get get some updates as welll...the newest one is like april
.....its september for christ sakes
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 5:51 AM - Quote - Report!

AeroRocker

ya how can the largest group on UG die?
i think its time for more recruiting...we need some redesigning
ya how can the largest group on UG die?
i think its time for more recruiting...we need some redesigning
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 9:53 PM - Quote - Report!

Dahaka

I think we'd have a problem if over 1200 people part owned one little bar. I think we'd have a problem if over 1200 people part owned one little bar.
Posted: Sep 14, 2008 1:04 AM - Quote - Report!

mrcrono

It'd be like they own stock in the venue. The person with the most shares would make the decisions, but anybody with stock could vote on stuff. It'd be like they own stock in the venue. The person with the most shares would make the decisions, but anybody with stock could vote on stuff.
Posted: Sep 14, 2008 6:39 AM - Quote - Report!

thomaserak

fuck you, i want a missile silo, dammit! fuck you, i want a missile silo, dammit!
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 12:21 AM - Quote - Report!

Wigert

We could get a bunker.

To protect us from 4chan's missile silo I mean.
We could get a bunker.

To protect us from 4chan's missile silo I mean.
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 12:43 AM - Quote - Report!

FuZzY(aus)

i dunno
while a bar is more realistic a missile silo is downright AWESOME!
i dunno
while a bar is more realistic a missile silo is downright AWESOME!
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 11:24 AM - Quote - Report!

captaincrunk

The missile silo Is a really good idea, and since the one on ebay is gone, why not go for one in like the midwest? where more people could go to. STL or something more realistic? The missile silo Is a really good idea, and since the one on ebay is gone, why not go for one in like the midwest? where more people could go to. STL or something more realistic?
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 7:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Rocker Extreme

There's more silos on the internet that are 8 acres for $300,000 I think we should go for one of those There's more silos on the internet that are 8 acres for $300,000 I think we should go for one of those
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 10:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Dimster Ds

Hmm, maybe if we can't get this missile silo we could go something more epic and huge...

Area 51?
Hmm, maybe if we can't get this missile silo we could go something more epic and huge...

Area 51?
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 1:12 AM - Quote - Report!

gnrliesmanlies

Dimster Ds wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 at 8:12pm :

Area 51?

let's do this
[QUOTE u='Dimster Ds' d='2008-10-10 20:12:24']Hmm, maybe if we can't get this missile silo we could go something more epic and huge...

Area 51?[/QUOTE]

let's do this
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 3:00 AM - Quote - Report!

xMeTaL_BmXeRx

hell yea area 51 hell yea area 51
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 2:31 PM - Quote - Report!

dylanfg

just wandering hu would be hit by the missile once its been bought just wandering hu would be hit by the missile once its been bought
Posted: Oct 25, 2008 2:16 AM - Quote - Report!

BassB3ast123

like the idea of a bar. if ur serious than start a new group since this one is the UG missle silo group and not the UG missle silo group who is buying a bar group. if we do get a silo however, lets hope the missle is incuded!!!!!!!!:P like the idea of a bar. if ur serious than start a new group since this one is the UG missle silo group and not the UG missle silo group who is buying a bar group. if we do get a silo however, lets hope the missle is incuded!!!!!!!!:P
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 12:20 AM - Quote - Report!

IMABBALLPLAYER

dylanfg wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 at 9:16pm :
just wandering hu would be hit by the missile once its been bought
There is no missile.

I think we should all buy a lot of acreage. Like each of us buy one acre or something, and starting up a ranch. We could build some nice log cabins for homes/studios, and we could jam all day long.
[QUOTE u='dylanfg' d='2008-10-24 21:16:40']just wandering hu would be hit by the missile once its been bought[/QUOTE]There is no missile.

I think we should all buy a lot of acreage. Like each of us buy one acre or something, and starting up a ranch. We could build some nice log cabins for homes/studios, and we could jam all day long.
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 4:35 AM - Quote - Report!

Julz127

So what happens if we all start donating and we don't get enough money? What happens to the money that's been donated?

A good idea would be to raise money and buy the bar, If that's possible, and succeeds we can use the profits from the bar and more donations, sponsors etc, to save for a missile silo.
So what happens if we all start donating and we don't get enough money? What happens to the money that's been donated?

A good idea would be to raise money and buy the bar, If that's possible, and succeeds we can use the profits from the bar and more donations, sponsors etc, to save for a missile silo.
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 4:40 AM - Quote - Report!

Skater901

gnrliesmanlies wrote on Oct 12th, 2008 at 10:00pm :
let's do this

Agreed. Win.
[QUOTE u='gnrliesmanlies' d='2008-10-12 22:00:05']let's do this[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Win.
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 2:29 AM - Quote - Report!

Elusive

Yeah but how would we have nukefest in a barn? Practical is a ton better than Epic... but we are thinking epic here Yeah but how would we have nukefest in a barn? Practical is a ton better than Epic... but we are thinking epic here
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 12:07 AM - Quote - Report!

Jhachey22

what if some HUGE guitarist like Page or Clapton were on UG and joined this group? wouldn't that be weird if they actually bought a missle silo? what if some HUGE guitarist like Page or Clapton were on UG and joined this group? wouldn't that be weird if they actually bought a missle silo?
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 2:18 AM - Quote - Report!

angus_young_32

Why not take over the abandoned area recently known as Area 51?

EDIT: Ooops, I didn't see that someone already suggested that idea... sorry.
Why not take over the abandoned area recently known as Area 51?

EDIT: Ooops, I didn't see that someone already suggested that idea... sorry.
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 2:31 AM - Quote - Report!

common_man_tk

I have, an idea!

I think that we should start forwarding this group profile to all our friends and as many UG users as we can, and ask them to keep passing it on, I think this will increase the speed that we get more members. If Everyone agrees with this, then we should make a new thread instructing members to start spreading the message.

Think about it, if over 1,000 members forward this profile to at least 10 friends or random users, and those freinds and users also start sending the message, then we should start getting a crap load of new members, the numbers will just keep multiplying!!! This also increases the reality of actually accomplishing this goal!!!!! Tell me what you think...
I have, an idea!

I think that we should start forwarding this group profile to all our friends and as many UG users as we can, and ask them to keep passing it on, I think this will increase the speed that we get more members. If Everyone agrees with this, then we should make a new thread instructing members to start spreading the message.

Think about it, if over 1,000 members forward this profile to at least 10 friends or random users, and those freinds and users also start sending the message, then we should start getting a crap load of new members, the numbers will just keep multiplying!!! This also increases the reality of actually accomplishing this goal!!!!! Tell me what you think...
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:08 PM - Quote - Report!

geetarguy1313

I say we buy a Guitar Ware house, so we'll have all we will EvEr NEED!!! sorry, got carried away.:3:headbang: I say we buy a Guitar Ware house, so we'll have all we will EvEr NEED!!! sorry, got carried away.:3:headbang:
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 2:36 AM - Quote - Report!

Arnthor

Why not by the bar and call it "missile solo" and give it a dark dry missile solo kinda theme to it. It will be like a western cowboy bar excpet without the funny strw hats or dungarees. Why not by the bar and call it "missile solo" and give it a dark dry missile solo kinda theme to it. It will be like a western cowboy bar excpet without the funny strw hats or dungarees.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 2:01 PM - Quote - Report!

common_man_tk

It might be better to buy an abandoned control center, they have more than one room, so thet means more than one venue, besides, isn't a silo pretty much just a giant hole in the ground? It might be better to buy an abandoned control center, they have more than one room, so thet means more than one venue, besides, isn't a silo pretty much just a giant hole in the ground?
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Mr.LeadGuitar

MISSLE SILO = BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, come on! i fully understand the whole bar thing, but only a few people could be able to go to it regularly. But to be able to say: hey, i helped by a missle silo! would be awesome, even if i never made it there that much.
MISSLE SILO = BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, come on! i fully understand the whole bar thing, but only a few people could be able to go to it regularly. But to be able to say: hey, i helped by a missle silo! would be awesome, even if i never made it there that much.
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 12:40 PM - Quote - Report!

common_man_tk

Good Point... Good Point...
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 1:26 PM - Quote - Report!

Mr.LeadGuitar

seriously, the whole bar thing is a bad idea: people on this site come from all over, and the idea of a small or even a large bar is kinda rediculus. maybe a small fraction of the people could go to that bar, because where would you put it? new york? London? some other major city? No, stick with the missle silo, because yes: it's very ambitious, but i think traveling halfway around the world or at least the country to go to a RETROFITTED MISSLE SILO is alot better than giving a good 15 hundred microshares of a bar that's not guaranteed to be successful. and even at that: it's a bar. who's gonna run it? who's gonna buy the drinks? seriously, the whole bar thing is a bad idea: people on this site come from all over, and the idea of a small or even a large bar is kinda rediculus. maybe a small fraction of the people could go to that bar, because where would you put it? new york? London? some other major city? No, stick with the missle silo, because yes: it's very ambitious, but i think traveling halfway around the world or at least the country to go to a RETROFITTED MISSLE SILO is alot better than giving a good 15 hundred microshares of a bar that's not guaranteed to be successful. and even at that: it's a bar. who's gonna run it? who's gonna buy the drinks?
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 1:10 PM - Quote - Report!

Friday Night

well then we will just have to buy a chain of bars!!!! well then we will just have to buy a chain of bars!!!!
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:22 AM - Quote - Report!

121lespaul

\
xMeTaL_BmXeRx wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 at 9:31am :
hell yea area 51

Instead of buying area 51 we should make an area UG haha and instead of aliens we could have guitar gods hahaha
\[QUOTE u='xMeTaL_BmXeRx' d='2008-10-17 09:31:01']hell yea area 51[/QUOTE]

Instead of buying area 51 we should make an area UG haha and instead of aliens we could have guitar gods hahaha
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 8:21 AM - Quote - Report!

HannibalX

gaah! we are aliens ourselves you know! gaah! we are aliens ourselves you know!
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 12:02 PM - Quote - Report!

herby190

Well, I founded a group for UG owning a club/venue (and possibly a bar), so, check it out. Well, I founded a group for UG owning a club/venue (and possibly a bar), so, check it out.
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 7:46 PM - Quote - Report!

Mr.LeadGuitar

herby190 wrote on Apr 10th, 2009 at 2:46pm :
Well, I founded a group for UG owning a club/venue (and possibly a bar), so, check it out.

Missle Silo still better :D
[QUOTE u='herby190' d='2009-04-10 14:46:59']Well, I founded a group for UG owning a club/venue (and possibly a bar), so, check it out.[/QUOTE]

Missle Silo still better :D
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 10:16 PM - Quote - Report!

Richman153

definitely the Missile Silo definitely the Missile Silo
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 9:12 PM - Quote - Report!

americablanco

SILO SILO SILO!!! SILO SILO SILO!!!
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 6:39 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand