Black Metal Fans

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

favorite black metal band?

Senour Dakota

what is your favorite black metal band and why? what is your favorite black metal band and why?
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 11:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Mudvayne_4_Life

Overall, to be honest, Dimmu Borgir. Yes, I know there are the posers who claim to like them and whatnot blah blah blah, but I'm a for real fan of the band. They have heaviness, melody, symphonies (later album, that is,) Vortex is amazing, etc. My favorite albums are Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and Stormblast. Two totally different albums from different eras for Dimmu, but those two would have to be my favorites. Now, as for "true" black metal, it's hard to say. There's so many great ones. I <3 Darkthrone's "Transilvanian Hunger" album :p: Pure Holocaust is a killer one from Immortal (Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss :headbang: ) early Emperor, Unholy Matrimony, etc. Several great ones, and too damn many to name just one. Not to mention there's tons of unknown ones! Overall, to be honest, Dimmu Borgir. Yes, I know there are the posers who claim to like them and whatnot blah blah blah, but I'm a for real fan of the band. They have heaviness, melody, symphonies (later album, that is,) Vortex is amazing, etc. My favorite albums are Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and Stormblast. Two totally different albums from different eras for Dimmu, but those two would have to be my favorites. Now, as for "true" black metal, it's hard to say. There's so many great ones. I <3 Darkthrone's "Transilvanian Hunger" album :p: Pure Holocaust is a killer one from Immortal (Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss :headbang: ) early Emperor, Unholy Matrimony, etc. Several great ones, and too damn many to name just one. Not to mention there's tons of unknown ones!
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 1:25 AM - Quote - Report!

STABxYOU

Darkthrone, although old Satyricon is pretty good too. Darkthrone, although old Satyricon is pretty good too.
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 3:53 PM - Quote - Report!

tushmeister

Odious
They're just damn fantastic
Check em out
particularly Poems Written On Black Walls
Such a fantastic song :)
It's Oriental Melodic Black Metal
and it rocks my tits off
Odious
They're just damn fantastic
Check em out
particularly Poems Written On Black Walls
Such a fantastic song :)
It's Oriental Melodic Black Metal
and it rocks my tits off
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 4:16 PM - Quote - Report!

DeathBySpoon

Dawn
Blut Aus Nord
Burzum
Wolves In The Throne Room
Dawn
Blut Aus Nord
Burzum
Wolves In The Throne Room
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 11:02 PM - Quote - Report!

ashesofthewake

most likely mayhem/burzum. DEFINATELY Dimmu it they can be counted as black. most likely mayhem/burzum. DEFINATELY Dimmu it they can be counted as black.
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 8:04 PM - Quote - Report!

DaFjory

Burzum. It just has to be. One man, one band, and four kick-ass BM albums. Such creativity and talent to be able to play all those instruments. Best song Key To The Gate. Sweetest (and easiest) solo in BM ever! Burzum. It just has to be. One man, one band, and four kick-ass BM albums. Such creativity and talent to be able to play all those instruments. Best song Key To The Gate. Sweetest (and easiest) solo in BM ever!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 4:53 AM - Quote - Report!

Funeral Moon

Old Darkthrone. Behemoth's old black metal days, and I still love them. Old Satyricon. Burzum. Mayhem. Fucking Immortal. Even Dimmu Borgir. Old Darkthrone. Behemoth's old black metal days, and I still love them. Old Satyricon. Burzum. Mayhem. Fucking Immortal. Even Dimmu Borgir.
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 10:29 PM - Quote - Report!

metal4life592

My current favorite black metal bands are Windir (RIP Valfar), Sargeist, and Xasthur. My CDs I ordered of them came in the other day, and they're amazing. My current favorite black metal bands are Windir (RIP Valfar), Sargeist, and Xasthur. My CDs I ordered of them came in the other day, and they're amazing.
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 5:18 AM - Quote - Report!

metal4life592

Just ordered some Drudkh and Hate Forest the other day, should be badass. Just ordered some Drudkh and Hate Forest the other day, should be badass.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:03 AM - Quote - Report!

Destruktor77

For me it would have to be the considered dead album by Gorguts, and all their stuff is great For me it would have to be the considered dead album by Gorguts, and all their stuff is great
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 6:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_defender

Naglfar, they r just so great. Naglfar, they r just so great.
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 7:38 AM - Quote - Report!

Kaoriblast

Gorgoroth and Immortal have to share the throne of BM in my book. I like tons of other bands too, but those two where the ones that got me in to in the first place. Gorgoroth and Immortal have to share the throne of BM in my book. I like tons of other bands too, but those two where the ones that got me in to in the first place.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 3:15 AM - Quote - Report!

nebiru

My list changes constantly but Carpathian Forest, Vlad Tepes, Mutiilation, Horna, Barathrum, Beherit and Gorgoroth have stayed up there for a long time. Root stays up there too, but its kind of hard to really define them as being just Black Metal. My list changes constantly but Carpathian Forest, Vlad Tepes, Mutiilation, Horna, Barathrum, Beherit and Gorgoroth have stayed up there for a long time. Root stays up there too, but its kind of hard to really define them as being just Black Metal.
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 2:18 PM - Quote - Report!

AltarsOfMadness

Lunar Aurora, great German atmospheric black metal band
Sargeist are another favourite.
And Windir if they count =P
Lunar Aurora, great German atmospheric black metal band
Sargeist are another favourite.
And Windir if they count =P
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 5:29 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_defender

but for true bm its the one and only GORGOROTH but for true bm its the one and only GORGOROTH
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 9:39 AM - Quote - Report!

Derz

i just got the gorgoroth demo a sorcery written with blood today.i think old the kovenant (covenant) is my fav black metal band.[ i just got the gorgoroth demo a sorcery written with blood today.i think old the kovenant (covenant) is my fav black metal band.[
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 10:37 PM - Quote - Report!

Cowslayer

Recently I have been getting in to Melodic Black Metal. I just like the cool guitar still infused with the badass lyrics and atmosphere. SO right now, either Dissection or Ancient. Recently I have been getting in to Melodic Black Metal. I just like the cool guitar still infused with the badass lyrics and atmosphere. SO right now, either Dissection or Ancient.
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 5:03 PM - Quote - Report!

MorbidVirus

Emperor, the name itself attracted my attention before I got into BM.
When I heard I Am the Black Wizards for the first time... I had trouble picking my jaw off of the floor.
Emperor, the name itself attracted my attention before I got into BM.
When I heard I Am the Black Wizards for the first time... I had trouble picking my jaw off of the floor.
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 8:04 PM - Quote - Report!

The Minorthreat

Enslave,satirycon,Amon Amarth,Behemoth,Carpathian Forest,Dark Funeral,and Graveworm....few more. Enslave,satirycon,Amon Amarth,Behemoth,Carpathian Forest,Dark Funeral,and Graveworm....few more.
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 2:32 AM - Quote - Report!

underoath0902

cradle of filth cause i said so cradle of filth cause i said so
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 3:06 PM - Quote - Report!

Necrotic

Cradle of filth is my favorite almost black metal band... i like behemoth, dimmu borgir, gorgoroth, and basically any bands that parents hate c: Cradle of filth is my favorite almost black metal band... i like behemoth, dimmu borgir, gorgoroth, and basically any bands that parents hate c:
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 4:02 AM - Quote - Report!

bigREDgrin

Dimmu, Burzum, Immortal, Emperor, Old Man's Child Dimmu, Burzum, Immortal, Emperor, Old Man's Child
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 12:40 AM - Quote - Report!

decayingdave

BATHORY - Good 'ol Quorthon recorded his first few albums in his garage while his neighbours walked their dogs and mowed the lawns in fear. If that doesn't sum up Black Metal, then nothing ever will. BATHORY - Good 'ol Quorthon recorded his first few albums in his garage while his neighbours walked their dogs and mowed the lawns in fear. If that doesn't sum up Black Metal, then nothing ever will.
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 12:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Vredesbyrd23

Burzum, Xasthur, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor Burzum, Xasthur, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 9:08 AM - Quote - Report!

Vredesbyrd23

Necrotic wrote on Aug 16th, 2008 at 11:02pm :
Cradle of filth is my favorite almost black metal band... i like behemoth, dimmu borgir, gorgoroth, and basically any bands that parents hate c:
Behemoth and cradle aren't black metal. end of discussion.
Cradle of filth is my favorite almost black metal band... i like behemoth, dimmu borgir, gorgoroth, and basically any bands that parents hate c:

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 9:11 AM - Quote - Report!

Puppycba

Vredesbyrd23 wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 at 4:11am :

Behemoth was black metal.

My favorites:
Shining, Wedard, Furia (Pol), Mgła, Mayhem, Burzum, Abyssic Hate, Coldworld, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Besatt, Carpathian Forest, Nargaroth, Xasthur, Regnum, Deathspell Omega
[QUOTE u='Vredesbyrd23' d='2009-06-10 04:11:54']

Behemoth and cradle aren't black metal. end of discussion.[/QUOTE] Behemoth [b]was[/b] black metal.

My favorites:
Shining, Wedard, Furia (Pol), Mgła, Mayhem, Burzum, Abyssic Hate, Coldworld, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Besatt, Carpathian Forest, Nargaroth, Xasthur, Regnum, Deathspell Omega
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 10:51 PM - Quote - Report!

germandeathER

Mayhem
Darkthrone
Burzum
Endstille http://www.myspace.com/endstilleband
Lifelover(Depressive Rock/Black Metal)
Behexen
Venom
Mayhem Darkthrone Burzum Endstille http://www.myspace.com/endstilleband Lifelover(Depressive Rock/Black Metal) Behexen Venom
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 10:32 PM - Quote - Report!

Derz

sargeist
covenant (the kovenant)
dimmu (old)
enslaved
endstille
horna
shining
Taake
sargeist
covenant (the kovenant)
dimmu (old)
enslaved
endstille
horna
shining
Taake
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 3:01 PM - Quote - Report!

STABxYOU

Holy shit, my last post was ancient. Burzum, Ulver, Darkthrone, Shikabane, Drudkh, Witch Tomb, Iskra, Akitsa, Gorgoroth... Holy shit, my last post was ancient. Burzum, Ulver, Darkthrone, Shikabane, Drudkh, Witch Tomb, Iskra, Akitsa, Gorgoroth...
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 1:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Jhnny

Gorgoroth
Arckanum
Ulver (old stuff)
Taake
Gorgoroth Arckanum Ulver (old stuff) Taake
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 12:41 PM - Quote - Report!

fenriz56

I love Burzum, Mayhem, Deathspell Omega, Katharsis, Taake, Carpathian Forest, Von, Gorgoroth, Marduk, Dark Funeral, Clandestine Blaze, Sarcofago, 1349, Sargeist, Aborym, Antaeus, and, of course Darkthrone. I would say a personal fave though is Celtic Frost. I got to meet them after a show when they were touring for "Monotheist". They were really nice. The remains of Celtic Frost have a new band Triptykon. Their cd "Eparistera Daimones" is awesome! I recommend it. I love Burzum, Mayhem, Deathspell Omega, Katharsis, Taake, Carpathian Forest, Von, Gorgoroth, Marduk, Dark Funeral, Clandestine Blaze, Sarcofago, 1349, Sargeist, Aborym, Antaeus, and, of course Darkthrone. I would say a personal fave though is Celtic Frost. I got to meet them after a show when they were touring for "Monotheist". They were really nice. The remains of Celtic Frost have a new band Triptykon. Their cd "Eparistera Daimones" is awesome! I recommend it.
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 8:02 AM - Quote - Report!

darienkirst

My favorite black metal band right now is Watain; I love their riffs and honestly? My favorite music is mostly all Hair Metal, but I really like their sound. Keep of Kalessin I like too, I guess 'cause of the melodic aspect. Venom also, but I probably like them more so as a NWOBHM band. The obvious ones too, Darkthrone, Emperor, and Marduk. But I also really like Wyrd, they were the first black metal band I started getting into, Ghost Album is great, very ambient. My favorite black metal band right now is Watain; I love their riffs and honestly? My favorite music is mostly all Hair Metal, but I really like their sound. Keep of Kalessin I like too, I guess 'cause of the melodic aspect. Venom also, but I probably like them more so as a NWOBHM band. The obvious ones too, Darkthrone, Emperor, and Marduk. But I also really like Wyrd, they were the first black metal band I started getting into, Ghost Album is great, very ambient.
Posted: Jun 2, 2011 8:22 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand