The Blues Group

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Worst tone

wholovesthesun

Blues music is notorious for it's beautiful tone that can express any emotion the guitarist wants to express. Who do you believe has the worst tone out there in the blues genera?

I think that Gary Moore has the worst tone. It's just so horrible that I can't listen to it past the first few notes. (I tried to be unbiased, but I really hate the way he plays.)
Blues music is notorious for it's beautiful tone that can express any emotion the guitarist wants to express. Who do you believe has the worst tone out there in the blues genera?

I think that Gary Moore has the worst tone. It's just so horrible that I can't listen to it past the first few notes. (I tried to be unbiased, but I really hate the way he plays.)
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 10:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Don't Read This

van morrison kinda his strings are too thin it needs more bass its not the worst tone but not really to my preference still love the guy tho van morrison kinda his strings are too thin it needs more bass its not the worst tone but not really to my preference still love the guy tho
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 3:14 AM - Quote - Report!

aetherspear

i was thinking both of those guys actually. still like their stuff though. i was thinking both of those guys actually. still like their stuff though.
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 10:12 PM - Quote - Report!

ECistheBest

i think Gary Moore's cool. hes got really sustainy and a bit gainy tone. i guess blues freaks don't like the gritty Soldano gain. i think Gary Moore's cool. hes got really sustainy and a bit gainy tone. i guess blues freaks don't like the gritty Soldano gain.
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 1:18 AM - Quote - Report!

clear and blue

im preparing to run the other way but. . . eric clap

not so much his tone as his sheer lack of soul bores the hell out of anyone not too pretentious to admit it. and really when talking blues, for me atleast, the actual sound of the guitar itself comes second to the emotions expressed in the playing.

not so much his tone as his sheer lack of soul bores the hell out of anyone not too pretentious to admit it. and really when talking blues, for me atleast, the actual sound of the guitar itself comes second to the emotions expressed in the playing.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 1:57 AM - Quote - Report!

tomo123321v3

moore has tone to die for! check out red house cover moore has tone to die for! check out red house cover
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 2:55 AM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

I'm not a big fan of the almost broken up tones that some people use. If your gonna have breakup then have it otherwise keep the sound clean. that could just be me though. I'm not a big fan of the almost broken up tones that some people use. If your gonna have breakup then have it otherwise keep the sound clean. that could just be me though.
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 3:18 PM - Quote - Report!

willwelsh816

clear and blue wrote on Nov 22nd, 2008 at 8:57pm :

Eric had great Gibson and Clean Fender tone, but now he's distorting a Strat like you'd distort a Gibson. There is to good to this. He is great on the acoustic, but his tones in the earlier days were better. I full tilt agree with you. I wish he would start using gibsons again :(

Eric had great Gibson and Clean Fender tone, but now he's distorting a Strat like you'd distort a Gibson. There is to good to this. He is great on the acoustic, but his tones in the earlier days were better. I full tilt agree with you. I wish he would start using gibsons again :(
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:58 AM - Quote - Report!

TheWho2

lol Clapton has one of the bests blues tones, and he plays with a lot of feeling, dunno what you saw him play but he sounds and plays great.

lol Clapton has one of the bests blues tones, and he plays with a lot of feeling, dunno what you saw him play but he sounds and plays great.
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 4:09 AM - Quote - Report!

Venice King

Joe Bonamassa, his echo kills me Joe Bonamassa, his echo kills me
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 1:40 PM - Quote - Report!

Zoot Allures

not a fan of bonamassas tone either ^ TBH im starting to dislike him as a 'bluesman' anyway =\, he dosnt seem to have soul like someone like buddy guy or clapton not a fan of bonamassas tone either ^ TBH im starting to dislike him as a 'bluesman' anyway =\, he dosnt seem to have soul like someone like buddy guy or clapton
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 7:41 AM - Quote - Report!

rocknroll93

i got to say it, i still like his music, and a few of his songs have great tone, but I dont like claptons tone... i got to say it, i still like his music, and a few of his songs have great tone, but I dont like claptons tone...
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:54 AM - Quote - Report!

stef123

willwelsh816 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 at 8:58pm :

Agreed.
[QUOTE u='willwelsh816' d='2009-08-02 20:58:45']

Eric had great Gibson and Clean Fender tone, but now he's distorting a Strat like you'd distort a Gibson. There is to good to this. He is great on the acoustic, but his tones in the earlier days were better. I full tilt agree with you. I wish he would start using gibsons again :([/QUOTE] Agreed.
Posted: Dec 28, 2011 2:51 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand