The Blues Group

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Joe Bonamassa

Gabel

Does anybody else here like this modern blues wonder? He's one of my favourite guitarist and You & Me is one of the best albums ever. I saw him this summer and he was great and also got a chance to talk with him before the show and he was a real nice guy.

Does anybody else here like this modern blues wonder? He's one of my favourite guitarist and You & Me is one of the best albums ever. I saw him this summer and he was great and also got a chance to talk with him before the show and he was a real nice guy.

Posted: Sep 19, 2007 6:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Tom S.

I think he's cool, but sometimes I think he goes a bit too far with the Eric Johnson-style shred stuff, but that's just my opinion.

His cover of Blues Deluxe is my favourite song of his.
I think he's cool, but sometimes I think he goes a bit too far with the Eric Johnson-style shred stuff, but that's just my opinion.

His cover of Blues Deluxe is my favourite song of his.
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 4:44 AM - Quote - Report!

GD_GC

Yea hes really good. I almost had the chance to see him in august but had marching band insted :( but yea i agree with tom, sometimes he does go over the top with the shred. when he just plays the blues though, he is amazing Yea hes really good. I almost had the chance to see him in august but had marching band insted :( but yea i agree with tom, sometimes he does go over the top with the shred. when he just plays the blues though, he is amazing
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 2:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Gabel

When I saw him live and on You & Me I think he went away much more from the shred. When I saw him live and on You & Me I think he went away much more from the shred.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 4:49 PM - Quote - Report!

Carswell98

Actually the thing I dislike about him is his over-use of effects, I love him other than that. Actually the thing I dislike about him is his over-use of effects, I love him other than that.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:17 AM - Quote - Report!

tomo123321v3

hmm,dont like the efects rubbish tone, but he's got skill hmm,dont like the efects rubbish tone, but he's got skill
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 2:57 AM - Quote - Report!

guitarp_11

I saw him Live in Reno, and his albums don't do him justice. He's more rock than blues, but his lyrics are really bluesy. I love his stuff, and if hes good enough to play with BB king at 15 years old, I think he deserves a little more publicity and support. I saw him Live in Reno, and his albums don't do him justice. He's more rock than blues, but his lyrics are really bluesy. I love his stuff, and if hes good enough to play with BB king at 15 years old, I think he deserves a little more publicity and support.
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 10:45 PM - Quote - Report!

tomo123321v3

i saw that, i thought he was pathtic at 15yr old....

b.b king is a legend he isnt and never will be as good,all he is a gary moore clone like many players these days
i saw that, i thought he was pathtic at 15yr old....

b.b king is a legend he isnt and never will be as good,all he is a gary moore clone like many players these days
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 10:24 PM - Quote - Report!

ZodiacDragon

GARY MOORE RULES ALL!! GARY MOORE RULES ALL!!
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 9:05 PM - Quote - Report!

rocknroll93

joe bonamassa is amazing. hiping to have the money to see him in a couple of weeks. joe bonamassa is amazing. hiping to have the money to see him in a couple of weeks.
Posted: May 9, 2011 1:41 AM - Quote - Report!

TheWho2

i like joe, but recently not so much. I dont really like his new stuff. wish he didnt use all the effects. i like joe, but recently not so much. I dont really like his new stuff. wish he didnt use all the effects.
Posted: May 12, 2011 1:20 AM - Quote - Report!

stef123

Yeah I prefer his older stuff too, especially with the Strat. Blues Deluxe his my fav album of his. Yeah I prefer his older stuff too, especially with the Strat. Blues Deluxe his my fav album of his.
Posted: Dec 28, 2011 2:48 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand