The group for people who are having trouble writing songs and have writers block

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

What to write about and choosing a beat.

Mechaghostman2

First, search your feelings you must, find out what means the most to you. For an example, if you love your lamp, for an example, then start saying stuff about what you like about it. Then put that into song. Like so, "My lamp is awsome in every way, it blends into the background, it has a perfect texture look to it, it is the best lamp in the world." you would then take those words and put them into song, make it follow the beat you picked out for it. Like, "My lamp is the best, it luminates with intrest, it looks awsome, I just hope it doesn't attract a possom." or something like that. Then to create a beat, just use one note or one chord, and start strumming, just strum freely. Then begin to change the notes or chords. I recommend ussing some of the 5th notes, basically just power chords to figure out how you want your song to sound. Then, try going a little more addvanced with different chords and notes and what not. Then sing to your beat! It's as easy as that! First, search your feelings you must, find out what means the most to you. For an example, if you love your lamp, for an example, then start saying stuff about what you like about it. Then put that into song. Like so, "My lamp is awsome in every way, it blends into the background, it has a perfect texture look to it, it is the best lamp in the world." you would then take those words and put them into song, make it follow the beat you picked out for it. Like, "My lamp is the best, it luminates with intrest, it looks awsome, I just hope it doesn't attract a possom." or something like that. Then to create a beat, just use one note or one chord, and start strumming, just strum freely. Then begin to change the notes or chords. I recommend ussing some of the 5th notes, basically just power chords to figure out how you want your song to sound. Then, try going a little more addvanced with different chords and notes and what not. Then sing to your beat! It's as easy as that!
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 1:34 PM - Quote - Report!

jasonggabbott

AWESOME! Real insight! AWESOME! Real insight!
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 12:31 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand