Carvin Club

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Problem with my Kahler

scrambler_66

This is the only downside I've had with this guitar. The G string (stop snickering) tends to go out of tune with heavy tremolo usage - usually up a half step or so. None of the other strings do. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to remedy this situation? This is the only downside I've had with this guitar. The G string (stop snickering) tends to go out of tune with heavy tremolo usage - usually up a half step or so. None of the other strings do. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to remedy this situation?
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 4:07 AM - Quote - Report!

dale-banez

I was reading an article on prepping your strings for use on a Kahler awhile ago. It said you should solder where the string wraps back around itself down by the little ball thingy to prevent it from being unwound. But slipping would make the string go flat....the only other thing I could tell you is to put some powdered graphite on the cam and see if that takes care of it, and be sure you tightened the locking nut as much as possible I was reading an article on prepping your strings for use on a Kahler awhile ago. It said you should solder where the string wraps back around itself down by the little ball thingy to prevent it from being unwound. But slipping would make the string go flat....the only other thing I could tell you is to put some powdered graphite on the cam and see if that takes care of it, and be sure you tightened the locking nut as much as possible
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 9:32 PM - Quote - Report!

dale-banez

Here's the page;

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions. htm#string
Here's the page;

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions. htm#string
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 9:35 PM - Quote - Report!

scrambler_66

Thanks you so much. I don't know if that solved my problem cuz I haven't done it yet, but that page rocks! Thanks you so much. I don't know if that solved my problem cuz I haven't done it yet, but that page rocks!
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 11:23 PM - Quote - Report!

Vlasco

The only time I've had this happen was when the springs on the back were worn out on a 1987 2300 model. I replaced the springs and it was better again. The only time I've had this happen was when the springs on the back were worn out on a 1987 2300 model. I replaced the springs and it was better again.
Posted: May 6, 2009 9:06 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand