60s-70s Rock n Roll

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Best Guitarist

Page/Rhoads

Who was the best guitarist during this time. I'd say Jimmy Page, no question. And, he wasn't the best, but everyone always forgets about Ace Frehely. Who was the best guitarist during this time. I'd say Jimmy Page, no question. And, he wasn't the best, but everyone always forgets about Ace Frehely.
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 10:36 PM - Quote - Report!

LedDaveZeppelin

For me its always been hard to say...Its definitely between Jimmy Page and jimi hendrix.... For me its always been hard to say...Its definitely between Jimmy Page and jimi hendrix....
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 11:15 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

LedDaveZeppelin wrote on Jan 13th, 2008 at 6:15pm :
For me its always been hard to say...Its definitely between Jimmy Page and jimi hendrix....

Same. Those 2 have always had the biggest overall influence on me.
LedDaveZeppelin wrote on Jan 13th, 2008 at 6:15pm :
For me its always been hard to say...Its definitely between Jimmy Page and jimi hendrix....

Same. Those 2 have always had the biggest overall influence on me.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 12:38 AM - Quote - Report!

Hamburger89

Jimi Hendrix to me and nobody else. Jimi Hendrix to me and nobody else.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 7:58 AM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

robert johnson, jimi hendrix, roy buchanan, dave gilmour, angus young and jimmi page. robert johnson, jimi hendrix, roy buchanan, dave gilmour, angus young and jimmi page.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 10:47 AM - Quote - Report!

deepestpurple

Blackmore,hendrix,beck,page. Blackmore,hendrix,beck,page.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 4:30 PM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

That's right. I forgot Ritchie Blackmore! That's right. I forgot Ritchie Blackmore!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 12:48 AM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

hmm.. Jimmy Page, Joe Satriani, and Kirk Hammett. Ok strange list and not all rock and roll or 60s 70s, but thats how it is for me.
Oh damn, George Harrison has to get himself mentioned in that list!
Um.. I'm gonna get loads and loads of shit for this, sorry but I really don't like Hendrix. The only songs that i've heard of him that I liked are Hey Joe, angel and can you see me. Then there are really boring songs like Foxy Lady!
hmm.. Jimmy Page, Joe Satriani, and Kirk Hammett. Ok strange list and not all rock and roll or 60s 70s, but thats how it is for me.
Oh damn, George Harrison has to get himself mentioned in that list!
Um.. I'm gonna get loads and loads of shit for this, sorry but I really don't like Hendrix. The only songs that i've heard of him that I liked are Hey Joe, angel and can you see me. Then there are really boring songs like Foxy Lady!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:38 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Oh! Gilmore! Oh! Gilmore!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:39 PM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

I don't like Hendrix either. I don't like Hendrix either.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 8:45 PM - Quote - Report!

vigenharutyunya

|Guitarhead| wrote on Jan 15th, 2008 at 2:39pm :
Oh! Gilmore!

Yep he's god but also Paige and Clapton and Hendrix :)
oh and Blackmore
|Guitarhead| wrote on Jan 15th, 2008 at 2:39pm :
Oh! Gilmore!

Yep he's god but also Paige and Clapton and Hendrix :)
oh and Blackmore
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

vigenharutyunya

And Satriani as well And Satriani as well
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

musiccrave1028

Jimmy Page! Also Joe Perry from Aerosmith is good. Jimmy Page! Also Joe Perry from Aerosmith is good.
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 1:59 PM - Quote - Report!

MTVget0FFtheAIR

yeahhh perry/page/hendrix/blackmore yeahhh perry/page/hendrix/blackmore
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 5:57 AM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Yeah I did forget Blackmore. Who thinks Blackmore is better than steve morse, and vice versa? Yeah I did forget Blackmore. Who thinks Blackmore is better than steve morse, and vice versa?
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 11:06 AM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

Blackmore is better than Morse, but Morse is still good. Blackmore is better than Morse, but Morse is still good.
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 6:34 PM - Quote - Report!

hendrixfanatic

Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Brian May and Robbie Robertson Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Brian May and Robbie Robertson
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 4:36 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

hendrixfanatic wrote on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 11:36am :
Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Brian May and Robbie Robertson
Robbie Robertson is great. One of the most underrated guitarists imo.
hendrixfanatic wrote on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 11:36am :
Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Brian May and Robbie Robertson
Robbie Robertson is great. One of the most underrated guitarists imo.
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 10:51 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Andy Powell and Ted Turner are absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!! (theyre Wishbone Ash) Andy Powell and Ted Turner are absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!! (theyre Wishbone Ash)
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 8:14 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

I've always been a huge fan of the Duane Allman/Dickey Betts era of the Allman Brothers, but just recently I've been really interested in their newer guitarist Derek Trucks. He is AMAZING! Watch this video here...

I've always been a huge fan of the Duane Allman/Dickey Betts era of the Allman Brothers, but just recently I've been really interested in their newer guitarist Derek Trucks. He is AMAZING! Watch this video here...

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 11:53 PM - Quote - Report!

hellfire21

Paige, Hendrix, (George) Harrison, and (Keith) Richards Paige, Hendrix, (George) Harrison, and (Keith) Richards
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 12:56 AM - Quote - Report!

Mr_Vest

Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and (i can't belive nobody have said him) Mark Knopfler his guitar solo on "sultans of swing" is awesome Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and (i can't belive nobody have said him) Mark Knopfler his guitar solo on "sultans of swing" is awesome
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 7:57 PM - Quote - Report!

Hamburger89

That video of the allman brothers is pretty psychedelic, I should get some more albums of those guys. I just have one album which I can't identify, seems like some kind of bracelet that says the allman brothers band - all men's brothers. Some kind of penis with wings seems to be haning on the bracelet. It's really weird.
Also if people name their favorite guitarists why do they spell their names wrong?
Paige, Gilmore, Jimmi....
That video of the allman brothers is pretty psychedelic, I should get some more albums of those guys. I just have one album which I can't identify, seems like some kind of bracelet that says the allman brothers band - all men's brothers. Some kind of penis with wings seems to be haning on the bracelet. It's really weird.
Also if people name their favorite guitarists why do they spell their names wrong?
Paige, Gilmore, Jimmi....
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 8:39 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

Hamburger89 wrote on Feb 26th, 2008 at 3:39pm :
That video of the allman brothers is pretty psychedelic, I should get some more albums of those guys. I just have one album which I can't identify, seems like some kind of bracelet that says the allman brothers band - all men's brothers. Some kind of penis with wings seems to be haning on the bracelet. It's really weird.Also if people name their favorite guitarists why do they spell their names wrong?Paige, Gilmore, Jimmi....
Hmmm, that's weird. Are you absolutely sure it's not a peach with wings? Because if it is I know which one you're talking about. The peach with wings is like their trademark...
Hamburger89 wrote on Feb 26th, 2008 at 3:39pm :
That video of the allman brothers is pretty psychedelic, I should get some more albums of those guys. I just have one album which I can't identify, seems like some kind of bracelet that says the allman brothers band - all men's brothers. Some kind of penis with wings seems to be haning on the bracelet. It's really weird.Also if people name their favorite guitarists why do they spell their names wrong?Paige, Gilmore, Jimmi....
Hmmm, that's weird. Are you absolutely sure it's not a peach with wings? Because if it is I know which one you're talking about. The peach with wings is like their trademark...
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 4:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Hamburger89

No it's definatly not a peach. No it's definatly not a peach.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 6:11 PM - Quote - Report!

zachmaniac

Yeah Duanne Allman is amazing, if he wouldnt have died, can you imagine? For some reason I cant stand Dicky Betts. Yeah Duanne Allman is amazing, if he wouldnt have died, can you imagine? For some reason I cant stand Dicky Betts.
Posted: Feb 29, 2008 2:40 PM - Quote - Report!

gr8rflamingorox

probably either hendrix or clapton. jimmy paige is right up there, though......... probably either hendrix or clapton. jimmy paige is right up there, though.........
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 4:44 PM - Quote - Report!

whospinkfloyd

Gilmour certainly Gilmour certainly
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 7:55 AM - Quote - Report!

hendrixfanatic

Mick Ronson is hugely underrated! Mick Ronson is hugely underrated!
Posted: May 12, 2008 10:08 PM - Quote - Report!

mjkshreds

i wud say Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy page, angus young, Joe perry, Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen i wud say Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy page, angus young, Joe perry, Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen
Posted: May 18, 2008 5:03 PM - Quote - Report!

SuPaGrAm

Steve Morse. Unquestioned Steve Morse. Unquestioned
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 6:59 PM - Quote - Report!

indie_nation

Jimmy Page no question but why has no one mentioned Robbie krieger of The Doors and his guitar work with the doors is amazing he's my 3rd favorite guitarist after Page and Hendrix \ Clapton joint 2nd Jimmy Page no question but why has no one mentioned Robbie krieger of The Doors and his guitar work with the doors is amazing he's my 3rd favorite guitarist after Page and Hendrix \ Clapton joint 2nd
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 11:53 AM - Quote - Report!

Jdwcomic

Angus Young may not be the best due to skill but for a good blusey/rock sound Gibson SG and Marshall Stacks you cant beat that sound Angus Young may not be the best due to skill but for a good blusey/rock sound Gibson SG and Marshall Stacks you cant beat that sound
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 10:49 PM - Quote - Report!

indie_nation

les paul and marshall stacks would les paul and marshall stacks would
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 4:45 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

indie_nation wrote on Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:45am :
les paul and marshall stacks would

+1
[QUOTE u='indie_nation' d='2008-06-16 11:45:06']les paul and marshall stacks would[/QUOTE]

+1
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 10:25 PM - Quote - Report!

angus_young_32

angus young, i don't much like jimmy hendrix, but i ritchie blackmore kicks ass too angus young, i don't much like jimmy hendrix, but i ritchie blackmore kicks ass too
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 11:37 PM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

Angus, Page, Hendrix, I don't think he was 60's-70's but SRV was also very good. Neal Schon of Journey is also often overlooked. Angus, Page, Hendrix, I don't think he was 60's-70's but SRV was also very good. Neal Schon of Journey is also often overlooked.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 8:27 PM - Quote - Report!

Brandon Lee

Jimmy Page is flat out the best gutiarist to ever live, besides him there is also David Glimoure, deffintley Eric Clapton, Nancy Wilson.
Sorrry but i don;t like Hendrix, i don't think he is as great as every body makes him out to be. But i will give him that he was the first gutiarist to play as wild as he did so he didn't have an influence to play like that.
Jimmy Page is flat out the best gutiarist to ever live, besides him there is also David Glimoure, deffintley Eric Clapton, Nancy Wilson.
Sorrry but i don;t like Hendrix, i don't think he is as great as every body makes him out to be. But i will give him that he was the first gutiarist to play as wild as he did so he didn't have an influence to play like that.
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 4:14 AM - Quote - Report!

Justin_Himself

I Would Have To say David Gilmour And Jimmy Page. Hands down I Would Have To say David Gilmour And Jimmy Page. Hands down
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 5:42 AM - Quote - Report!

cdm0048

[QUOTE u='LedDaveZeppelin' d='2008-01-13 18:15:33']For me its always been hard to say...Its definitely between Jimmy Page and jimi hendrix...
I completely agree but im gonna have to go w/ Jimi on this one since he was more b4 page
omg
could u imagine a world tour w/ Zepplin and Hendrix???
i think i need to lay down
[QUOTE u='LedDaveZeppelin' d='2008-01-13 18:15:33']For me its always been hard to say...Its definitely between Jimmy Page and jimi hendrix...
I completely agree but im gonna have to go w/ Jimi on this one since he was more b4 page
omg
could u imagine a world tour w/ Zepplin and Hendrix???
i think i need to lay down
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 2:44 AM - Quote - Report!

SLASH.94

If its from the 60's and 70's then Jimmy Page, David Gilmour and Jimi Hendrix. But overall its Slash If its from the 60's and 70's then Jimmy Page, David Gilmour and Jimi Hendrix. But overall its Slash
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 12:30 AM - Quote - Report!

guitargodgary13

1. Jimi Hendrix 2. Jimmy Page tied with Slash 1. Jimi Hendrix 2. Jimmy Page tied with Slash
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 2:23 AM - Quote - Report!

LedDaveZeppelin

Haha Slash is awesome...But who do you think hes getting his riffs from??? lol :p Haha Slash is awesome...But who do you think hes getting his riffs from??? lol :p
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:42 AM - Quote - Report!

guitargodgary13

guitargodgary13 wrote on Jan 24th, 2009 at 9:23pm :
1. Jimi Hendrix 2. Jimmy Page tied with Slash
guitargodgary13 wrote on Jan 24th, 2009 at 9:23pm :
1. Jimi Hendrix 2. Jimmy Page tied with Slash

FUCk! how could i forget Angus Young and Joe Perry!
[QUOTE u='guitargodgary13' d='2009-01-24 21:23:38']1. Jimi Hendrix 2. Jimmy Page tied with Slash[/QUOTE][QUOTE u='guitargodgary13' d='2009-01-24 21:23:38']1. Jimi Hendrix 2. Jimmy Page tied with Slash[/QUOTE]

FUCk! how could i forget Angus Young and Joe Perry!
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 5:50 PM - Quote - Report!

salmon philippe

Everybody is right !
Page, Hendrix, and Clapton were the best of the sixties....
And i suppose that Derek trucks as great as he is, was very young in that time...
But for me the problem of the sixties was not to reveal the best guitar player, but the best bands ever... (no need to give any name , yes ?)
The collective work was quite better in that time than it is now:
And Satriani was not born yet....
Everybody is right !
Page, Hendrix, and Clapton were the best of the sixties....
And i suppose that Derek trucks as great as he is, was very young in that time...
But for me the problem of the sixties was not to reveal the best guitar player, but the best bands ever... (no need to give any name , yes ?)
The collective work was quite better in that time than it is now:
And Satriani was not born yet....
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 3:58 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Just reposting after a year... cannot believe i didn't like hendrix back then... oh well...
Yeah now I'd say the same as most, hendrix, clapton, page...
and jeff beck...
Just reposting after a year... cannot believe i didn't like hendrix back then... oh well...
Yeah now I'd say the same as most, hendrix, clapton, page...
and jeff beck...
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 11:25 PM - Quote - Report!

zeppdc

JIMMY PAGE FTW also Hendrix :D JIMMY PAGE FTW also Hendrix :D
Posted: May 26, 2010 11:30 AM - Quote - Report!

Ch@rizti

I think that as a guitarist Jimi Hendrix was better than Jimmy Page, I think he is the second one, but Led Zeppelin's songs were better than Hendix's ones
the third is probably Carlos Santana
I think that as a guitarist Jimi Hendrix was better than Jimmy Page, I think he is the second one, but Led Zeppelin's songs were better than Hendix's ones the third is probably Carlos Santana
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 10:00 PM - Quote - Report!

tortilla

the way it should be is
1. hendrix
2. santana
3. george harrison
the way it should be is 1. hendrix 2. santana 3. george harrison
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 2:01 AM - Quote - Report!

new yardbird 9

Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore and JEFF BECK!!! No one seems to give a shit about Jeff, and that ain't right... Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore and JEFF BECK!!! No one seems to give a shit about Jeff, and that ain't right...
Posted: Apr 2, 2013 1:36 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand