60s-70s Rock n Roll

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Best Scream?

Willie Chains

So what do we think is the best scream in classic rock history? So what do we think is the best scream in classic rock history?
Posted: May 28, 2008 1:45 PM - Quote - Report!

hendrixfanatic

Little Richard and Bon Scott! Little Richard and Bon Scott!
Posted: May 29, 2008 10:10 AM - Quote - Report!

Willie Chains

yes, good but I meant the best scream. yes, good but I meant the best scream.
Posted: May 29, 2008 5:11 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

Roger Daltrey's scream in Won't Get Fooled Again.
That has to be one of the best screams in rock.
Roger Daltrey's scream in Won't Get Fooled Again.
Posted: May 29, 2008 9:03 PM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

Jim Morrison at the end of Gloria. Oh my God, I get chills every time I hear it. Jim Morrison at the end of Gloria. Oh my God, I get chills every time I hear it.
Posted: May 30, 2008 1:43 AM - Quote - Report!

hendrixfanatic

Sorry, I thought you meant the best screamer. But the single best scream IMO is Robert Plant's Banshee War Cry in Immigrant song. Sorry, I thought you meant the best screamer. But the single best scream IMO is Robert Plant's Banshee War Cry in Immigrant song.
Posted: May 30, 2008 12:58 PM - Quote - Report!

MTVget0FFtheAIR

aig91 wrote on May 29th, 2008 at 4:03pm :
Roger Daltrey's scream in Won't Get Fooled Again - The WhoThat has to be one of the best screams in rock.

yeahh!

i like steven tyler's thing. it's not really a scream though...
Roger Daltrey's scream in Won't Get Fooled Again - The WhoThat has to be one of the best screams in rock.

yeahh!

i like steven tyler's thing. it's not really a scream though...
Posted: May 31, 2008 6:16 AM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

hendrixfanatic wrote on May 30th, 2008 at 7:58am :
Sorry, I thought you meant the best screamer. But the single best scream IMO is Robert Plant's Banshee War Cry in Immigrant song.

YES
Sorry, I thought you meant the best screamer. But the single best scream IMO is Robert Plant's Banshee War Cry in Immigrant song.

YES
Posted: May 31, 2008 9:12 PM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

Or Ian Gillan in Child In Time. Or Ian Gillan in Child In Time.
Posted: May 31, 2008 9:12 PM - Quote - Report!

DomPrice

Roger Daltrey's scream in Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

Yaeh, definitely
[QUOTE u='aig91' d='2008-05-29 16:03:41']Roger Daltrey's scream in Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
That has to be one of the best screams in rock.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, definitely
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 5:58 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Page/Rhoads wrote on May 31st, 2008 at 4:12pm :
Or Ian Gillan in Child In Time.

Exactly what I was going to say.
[QUOTE u='Page/Rhoads' d='2008-05-31 16:12:41']Or Ian Gillan in Child In Time.[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I was going to say.
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 8:27 PM - Quote - Report!

Brandon Lee

Robert Plant on the Immigrant song and the "There walks a lady we all know!!" ending part of Stairway to Heaven., Robert Plant on the Immigrant song and the "There walks a lady we all know!!" ending part of Stairway to Heaven.,
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 4:36 AM - Quote - Report!

Jdwcomic

Rob Halford of Judas Preist any one of his high-pitched squeal-like AAAHHHHHHH!!!!'s or YYEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!'s Rob Halford of Judas Preist any one of his high-pitched squeal-like AAAHHHHHHH!!!!'s or YYEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!'s
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 10:34 PM - Quote - Report!

Beakwithteeth

Paul McCartney's at the start of Revolution is incredible and actually just about everything he ever did that could be classified as a scream is probably amazing. Paul McCartney's at the start of Revolution is incredible and actually just about everything he ever did that could be classified as a scream is probably amazing.
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 10:59 PM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

definitely that one.
[QUOTE u='hendrixfanatic' d='2008-05-30 07:58:02']Sorry, I thought you meant the best screamer. But the single best scream IMO is Robert Plant's Banshee War Cry in Immigrant song.[/QUOTE]
definitely that one.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 8:19 PM - Quote - Report!

Iron_Dude

Beakwithteeth wrote on Jun 28th, 2008 at 5:59pm :
Paul McCartney's at the start of Revolution is incredible and actually just about everything he ever did that could be classified as a scream is probably amazing.

Yeah, I love that one. My personal favorite however has to be Keith Moon's scream in the middle of Beck's Bolero. He just yells and starts banging on his kit. It's just plain awesome!
[QUOTE u='Beakwithteeth' d='2008-06-28 17:59:13']Paul McCartney's at the start of Revolution is incredible and actually just about everything he ever did that could be classified as a scream is probably amazing.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I love that one. My personal favorite however has to be Keith Moon's scream in the middle of Beck's Bolero. He just yells and starts banging on his kit. It's just plain awesome!
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 4:41 AM - Quote - Report!

Duh4994

definitely the immigrant song definitely the immigrant song
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 7:16 PM - Quote - Report!

Brandon Lee

So do we all agree on the Immigrant song then So do we all agree on the Immigrant song then
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 4:00 AM - Quote - Report!

aartisookniemiz

IMMIGRANT SONG !!!!!!!!!! IMMIGRANT SONG !!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 4:44 PM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

I was listening to a Skynyrd song that had a pretty awesome scream in it. don't remember which one right off hand though. I was listening to a Skynyrd song that had a pretty awesome scream in it. don't remember which one right off hand though.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 2:40 AM - Quote - Report!

Iron_Dude

^It was probably Workin' For MCA. ;) ^It was probably Workin' For MCA. ;)
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 8:22 PM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

maybe. i guess i'll just have to listen to them more and find out. maybe. i guess i'll just have to listen to them more and find out.
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 3:09 AM - Quote - Report!

LedZepKicksAzz

I couldn't be more biased towards Led Zeppelin but I'm leaning towards Won't Get Fooled Again. I couldn't be more biased towards Led Zeppelin but I'm leaning towards Won't Get Fooled Again.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 11:18 PM - Quote - Report!

iftah kary

the who roger daltry won't get fooled again the who roger daltry won't get fooled again
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 3:33 PM - Quote - Report!

songmaster

paul mcartney in cant buy me love i love his scream right before the solo paul mcartney in cant buy me love i love his scream right before the solo
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 2:39 AM - Quote - Report!

cdm0048

Im gonna have to say Brad Delp of Boston in More Than A Feelin if that can be classified as a scream...or is it just a rlly high pitched note? Im gonna have to say Brad Delp of Boston in More Than A Feelin if that can be classified as a scream...or is it just a rlly high pitched note?
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 2:14 AM - Quote - Report!

Zosochild

Jim Morrsion at the end of most live songs, Robert Plant Immigrant Song, Ian Gillan Child in time and Roger Daltrey Won't Get Fooled Again :D Jim Morrsion at the end of most live songs, Robert Plant Immigrant Song, Ian Gillan Child in time and Roger Daltrey Won't Get Fooled Again :D
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 5:22 AM - Quote - Report!

mrmesserschmit

I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS! I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 3:15 PM - Quote - Report!

new yardbird 9

The scream that Keith Moon does in the middle of Beck's Bolero. The scream that Keith Moon does in the middle of Beck's Bolero.
Posted: Mar 12, 2013 2:39 AM - Quote - Report!

Led Zep fan

I'm not sure weather you could consider this one....

Robert plant, Of led zeppelin, The immagrant song.!
I'm not sure weather you could consider this one.... Robert plant, Of led zeppelin, The immagrant song.!
Posted: Mar 28, 2013 4:47 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand