Coalition of Intelligent Pit-Goers

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

How do YOU deal with the ignorant?

banned_464006

I just ignore 'em, pretend they aren't there.
Hopefully someday they'll all just run off a cliff, like lemmings.

HAHAHAHAHA...

Amirite, intellectuals?

I just ignore 'em, pretend they aren't there.
Hopefully someday they'll all just run off a cliff, like lemmings.

HAHAHAHAHA... 

Amirite, intellectuals?

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 2:08 PM - Quote - Report!

metal4all

I don't deal with someone that's ignorant, I inform them. I don't deal with someone that's ignorant, I inform them.
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 6:55 PM - Quote - Report!

arsonite

^ Is that being ignorant? :D ^ Is that being ignorant? :D
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 2:35 AM - Quote - Report!

metal4all

arsonite wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:35pm :
^ Is that being ignorant? :D

I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean?
[QUOTE u='arsonite' d='2008-08-11 21:35:37']^ Is that being ignorant? :D[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 7:59 AM - Quote - Report!

Invader Jim

Well, I hail from the GB&C, so I try my best to be polite and inform them, no matter how ignorant their questions are. We've gotten some pretty rediculous ones, too. Makes me sad to think that these are our future leaders...:sad: Well, I hail from the GB&C, so I try my best to be polite and inform them, no matter how ignorant their questions are. We've gotten some pretty rediculous ones, too. Makes me sad to think that these are our future leaders...:sad:
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 5:35 AM - Quote - Report!

ldl67

I try to inform the ignorant, though the ignorant often tend to... ignore what people have to say.... :( I [i]try[/i] to inform the ignorant, though the ignorant often tend to... ignore what people have to say.... :(
Posted: Aug 14, 2008 8:38 AM - Quote - Report!

ldl67

Actually, I realized I sometimes take advantage of people's ignorance, rather than trying to inform them. :( Actually, I realized I sometimes take advantage of people's ignorance, rather than trying to inform them. :(
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 10:54 AM - Quote - Report!

Invader Jim

For shame...:no:

j/k.
For shame...:no:

j/k.
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 8:05 PM - Quote - Report!

SOADrox429

It usually depends on what they happen to be ignorant about, and how much their ignorance affects me.
Either I will inform them of their ignorance until they see the error of their ways, give up, I realize that I am actually the one being ignorant in the given situation, or I get extremely annoyed. Most of the time I just ignore them, though.
It usually depends on what they happen to be ignorant about, and how much their ignorance affects me.
Either I will inform them of their ignorance until they see the error of their ways, give up, I realize that I am actually the one being ignorant in the given situation, or I get extremely annoyed. Most of the time I just ignore them, though.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 10:25 PM - Quote - Report!

SomeoneYouKnew

The first step in dealing with the ignorant
is to determine if they truly are ignorant.

... or just stupid.

Ignorance is easily treated with a healthy dose of knowledge.
Stupidity is incurable.
-- SYK

... or just stupid.

Stupidity is incurable.
-- SYK
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 7:39 PM - Quote - Report!

Invader Jim

I know a way to cure stupidity, but most of them aren't even worth the effort it would take to pull the trigger. I know a way to cure stupidity, but most of them aren't even worth the effort it would take to pull the trigger.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 7:56 PM - Quote - Report!

OneTrueCause

I've realized that many people have fallen so far into ignorance that they cannot be informed of their ignorance because of their indoctrination. I will debate with them, presenting them fact and listen to their argument, attempting to show them another side of things. Many, however, don't wish to see anything other than what they know, not even entertaining the notion that they may be mistaken or misinformed. I've realized that many people have fallen so far into ignorance that they cannot be informed of their ignorance because of their indoctrination. I will debate with them, presenting them fact and listen to their argument, attempting to show them another side of things. Many, however, don't wish to see anything other than what they know, not even entertaining the notion that they may be mistaken or misinformed.
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:53 PM - Quote - Report!

SlackerBabbath

SomeoneYouKnew wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 2:39pm :

... or just stupid.

Stupidity is incurable.
-- SYK
Agreed 100%
SomeoneYouKnew wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 2:39pm :

... or just stupid.

Stupidity is incurable.
-- SYK

Agreed 100%
Posted: May 2, 2009 11:36 AM - Quote - Report!

Invader Jim

OneTrueCause wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:53pm :
I've realized that many people have fallen so far into ignorance that they cannot be informed of their ignorance because of their indoctrination. I will debate with them, presenting them fact and listen to their argument, attempting to show them another side of things. Many, however, don't wish to see anything other than what they know, not even entertaining the notion that they may be mistaken or misinformed.
They are blindly defending the topic at hand and sticking to their guns despite overwhelming evidence of stupidity. If they hear it from a source that's even remotely credible, everything else is blasphemy.
OneTrueCause wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:53pm :
I've realized that many people have fallen so far into ignorance that they cannot be informed of their ignorance because of their indoctrination. I will debate with them, presenting them fact and listen to their argument, attempting to show them another side of things. Many, however, don't wish to see anything other than what they know, not even entertaining the notion that they may be mistaken or misinformed.

They are blindly defending the topic at hand and sticking to their guns despite overwhelming evidence of stupidity. If they hear it from a source that's even remotely credible, everything else is blasphemy.
Posted: May 22, 2009 8:10 PM - Quote - Report!

Shinozoku

Resurrecting this to concur with Jim and OTC. The ignorant are too ignorant to be aware of their own ignorance, and therefore have become stupid. It's like a disease... Resurrecting this to concur with Jim and OTC. The ignorant are too ignorant to be aware of their own ignorance, and therefore have become stupid. It's like a disease...
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 9:48 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand