Official UG Contributors Group

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Annoying ''thumbs up'' commenting

LYNX-Music

Hello everybody,

I've noticed a huge increase in spam comments by little seemingly unused accounts. Those comments all consist of a thumbs up, that's it.

I think this is really annoying and I don't get the point of these comments.
Check out for example my ''Galway Girl'' tab: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/ed_sheeran/galw ay_girl_crd.htm

I hope there's something we can do about this.

Cheers,
Kwint
Hello everybody,

I've noticed a huge increase in spam comments by little seemingly unused accounts. Those comments all consist of a thumbs up, that's it.

I think this is really annoying and I don't get the point of these comments.
Check out for example my ''Galway Girl'' tab: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/ed_sheeran/galway_girl_crd.htm

I hope there's something we can do about this.

Cheers,
Kwint
Posted: Apr 12, 2017 10:48 PM - Quote - Report!

yooksi

Perhaps setting a minimum characters limit when typing a tab comments would do the trick. At least they would have to verbalize something more then just a simple emoticon. Perhaps setting a minimum characters limit when typing a tab comments would do the trick. At least they would have to verbalize something more then just a simple emoticon.
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 2:18 AM - Quote - Report!

CJWilky

Good idea. The Facebook type "like" or thumbs up culture is inane to the nth degree. Good idea. The Facebook type "like" or thumbs up culture is inane to the nth degree.
Posted: Apr 29, 2017 1:06 AM - Quote - Report!

TexasFury

I agree, the thumbs up should go. It adds nothing but wasted page space, uses up download bandwidth and slows the page load. The downloads are the way to measure a "thumbs up", if you need that. I agree, the thumbs up should go. It adds nothing but wasted page space, uses up download bandwidth and slows the page load. The downloads are the way to measure a "thumbs up", if you need that.
Posted: Sep 2, 2017 7:42 PM - Quote - Report!

christiantsutter

It doesn't matter to me if there is a thumbs up or not. I'm most thankful for having a place to put my tabs. It doesn't matter to me if there is a thumbs up or not. I'm most thankful for having a place to put my tabs.
Posted: Sep 3, 2017 10:11 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand