Cool UG members

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Coolest things said pertaining to you?

deadlyMETAL

Tell about one (or more) things that someone said that related to you and made you feel cool. :D

Me: Today I went to check out a university with my best friend and on the way we brought our laptops. A while back, I made an mp3 of me playing an insanely heavy and deadly-intense (original work!) riff that had me thinking "man, I love the way that sounds through my amp...." So, I worked it over and turned it into a song, and sent it to my friends, him being the first to get it and respond. Today, he played it for everyone in the car and was like "now, this is YOU playing, and that's YOUR riff, RIGHT?" and I said "yes it's me, it wouldn't have my name on it if it wasn't" and from there my feeling-good meter boosted for the rest of the day.

You guys?
Tell about one (or more) things that someone said that related to you and made you feel cool. :D

Me: Today I went to check out a university with my best friend and on the way we brought our laptops. A while back, I made an mp3 of me playing an insanely heavy and deadly-intense (original work!) riff that had me thinking "man, I love the way that sounds through my amp...." So, I worked it over and turned it into a song, and sent it to my friends, him being the first to get it and respond. Today, he played it for everyone in the car and was like "now, this is YOU playing, and that's YOUR riff, RIGHT?" and I said "yes it's me, it wouldn't have my name on it if it wasn't" and from there my feeling-good meter boosted for the rest of the day.

You guys?
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 12:32 AM - Quote - Report!

Kami-sama

I had to teach a grown man hammer on pull off after a gig i had given. He told me he had been playing for over 3 years and just couldn't pull it off ( har har ). He complimented me about my bass skills and told me that i had great potential. That coming from a guy who had been playing for only 3 years isn't a big "compliment". But when a lot of people are waiting for you when you leave backstage just to say that you were awesome, is a big ego boost. I've never felt better in my whole life. I had to teach a grown man hammer on pull off after a gig i had given. He told me he had been playing for over 3 years and just couldn't pull it off ( har har ). He complimented me about my bass skills and told me that i had great potential. That coming from a guy who had been playing for only 3 years isn't a big "compliment". But when a lot of people are waiting for you when you leave backstage just to say that you were awesome, is a big ego boost. I've never felt better in my whole life.
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 6:17 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand