Dean guitars

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Dimebag

Shredder993254

I really don't know much about who Dimebag Darrell was. Does anyone know anything about how he died, and what he was like? I really don't know much about who Dimebag Darrell was. Does anyone know anything about how he died, and what he was like?
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 11:17 PM - Quote - Report!

MtlhedGtrGuy

Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott was the guitar player for Pantera and Damageplan. Both bands included his brother, Vinnie Paul, as the drummer. Dimebag was a huge fan of Washburn and Dean Guitars, as well as Krank amps. He always wore a razorblade necklace (i had one until my school principal made me take it off lol) and loved setting off fireworks and doin other crazy mess like that. He was shot onstage in 2004 during a Damageplan concert by an ex-marine. the killer was totally insane, and thought that dimebag plagiarised his songs. the man was killed by the police officer. soon after (with a remington shotgun, i might add). if you want any more info, just ask. Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott was the guitar player for Pantera and Damageplan. Both bands included his brother, Vinnie Paul, as the drummer. Dimebag was a huge fan of Washburn and Dean Guitars, as well as Krank amps. He always wore a razorblade necklace (i had one until my school principal made me take it off lol) and loved setting off fireworks and doin other crazy mess like that. He was shot onstage in 2004 during a Damageplan concert by an ex-marine. the killer was totally insane, and thought that dimebag plagiarised his songs. the man was killed by the police officer. soon after (with a remington shotgun, i might add). if you want any more info, just ask.
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 8:00 PM - Quote - Report!

6_foot_midget

He was also a great guy in general.
Nice, loving, fucking BRILLIANT guitarist and a musical genius. He inspired a whole generation of kids to play. Someone acctually said "Dime IS metal"
Towards the end of the pantera era, he and the vocalist phil anselmo just hated eachother more by the second because phil developed a heroin problem and started being an absolute cunt. He was also great friends with Zakk Wylde.
He was also a great guy in general. Nice, loving, fucking BRILLIANT guitarist and a musical genius. He inspired a whole generation of kids to play. Someone acctually said "Dime IS metal" Towards the end of the pantera era, he and the vocalist phil anselmo just hated eachother more by the second because phil developed a heroin problem and started being an absolute cunt. He was also great friends with Zakk Wylde.
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 8:59 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand