Delay Whores

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Delay settings!

Alex Zyka

What do you go for in delay in terms of milliseconds, number of repetitions, slapback/ room size/ normal/ bouncing/ reverse bouncing/ modulation/ pitch shift etc.

There has to be a boundary somewhere between 600-800 milliseconds that beyond it the delay is not anymore attached to the original sound and is independent. Also super small delay around 100 milliseconds and going under is barely noticeable as delay and is perceived more as a tone effect to the sound.

For me the delay god has to be The Edge. His work with it brought it to new hights of creativity. He has stated, and I believe it is obvious, that he doesn't use delay to color his parts as other musicians but he creates these parts with it. They are so vital to the result that if you remove it then it will become alienated.

What do you go for in delay in terms of milliseconds, number of repetitions, slapback/ room size/ normal/ bouncing/ reverse bouncing/ modulation/ pitch shift etc.

There has to be a boundary somewhere between 600-800 milliseconds that beyond it the delay is not anymore attached to the original sound and is independent. Also super small delay around 100 milliseconds and going under is barely noticeable as delay and is perceived more as a tone effect to the sound.

For me the delay god has to be The Edge. His work with it brought it to new hights of creativity. He has stated, and I believe it is obvious, that he doesn't use delay to color his parts as other musicians but he creates these parts with it. They are so vital to the result that if you remove it then it will become alienated.

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 9:51 PM - Quote - Report!

dio_dude

okay: here's my setup.

distortion channel (obviously)

gain-10
bass-10
middle-0
treble-10
delay time-300
reverb-10

yup :D
okay: here's my setup.

distortion channel (obviously)

gain-10
bass-10
middle-0
treble-10
delay time-300
reverb-10

yup :D
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 3:21 PM - Quote - Report!

toyboxmonster

It really depends on the song I'm working on.
For the one I'm doing now, I'm using:

analog delay
time: 580 milliseconds
wet: 72 %

with an amount of pitch-shifting that I have yet to determine.
It really depends on the song I'm working on.
For the one I'm doing now, I'm using:

analog delay
time: 580 milliseconds
wet: 72 %

with an amount of pitch-shifting that I have yet to determine.
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 2:24 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand