UG Democrats

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

obama's vp

DayTripper1967

who do you want obama to pick as his VP?

i think jim webb from virginia would be a good pick. he's a moderate dem, he's from virginia (a state obama has a decent shot at winning, it has like 12 electoral votes), he has a ton of military/foreign policy experience so he can combat mccain on issues like iraq and iran. he served under ronald reagan as well.

john edwards would be an alright choice too since the public knows him already, he could help obama with a lot of the "working class" white vote he had trouble with, but then again, he already was the VP nominee 4 years ago.

that's just my two cents.
who do you want obama to pick as his VP?

i think jim webb from virginia would be a good pick. he's a moderate dem, he's from virginia (a state obama has a decent shot at winning, it has like 12 electoral votes), he has a ton of military/foreign policy experience so he can combat mccain on issues like iraq and iran. he served under ronald reagan as well.

john edwards would be an alright choice too since the public knows him already, he could help obama with a lot of the "working class" white vote he had trouble with, but then again, he already was the VP nominee 4 years ago.

that's just my two cents.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 6:51 PM - Quote - Report!

primusfan

i'd go more with webb. the only thing mccain knows HOW to do is talk about 'national defense'. if they can take that from him all he has to fall back on is his pro-life, anti-gayness. which is in fact just pandering. he's not anti-gay or pro-life. to paraphrase him, he wouldn't want his daughter to be forced to carry a baby she didn't want. why does the middle class fall for this shit?

or he could just keep trash talking obama.

i liked edwards for VP because he actually IS a working class guy who made his way to the top. the irony is his father was a laborer in a textile mill. and hilary, who ended up becoming the working class hero, was the daughter of a textile mill OWNER.
i'd go more with webb. the only thing mccain knows HOW to do is talk about 'national defense'. if they can take that from him all he has to fall back on is his pro-life, anti-gayness. which is in fact just pandering. he's not anti-gay or pro-life. to paraphrase him, he wouldn't want his daughter to be forced to carry a baby she didn't want. why does the middle class fall for this shit?

or he could just keep trash talking obama.

i liked edwards for VP because he actually IS a working class guy who made his way to the top. the irony is his father was a laborer in a textile mill. and hilary, who ended up becoming the working class hero, was the daughter of a textile mill OWNER.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 7:51 PM - Quote - Report!

DayTripper1967

^ did you see mccain on the ellen degeneres show? i'll post the link below if you haven't, but they talk about gay marriage and he seems very, very uncomfortable talking about it. i just get the feeling he wants to secretly tell her "i'm really not against gay marriage, i just need the religious right to vote for me, otherwise i won't win" i just get that whole vibe when i watch it. he doesn't really explain his reasonings very well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A7addd1-SY8
^ did you see mccain on the ellen degeneres show? i'll post the link below if you haven't, but they talk about gay marriage and he seems very, very uncomfortable talking about it. i just get the feeling he wants to secretly tell her "i'm really not against gay marriage, i just need the religious right to vote for me, otherwise i won't win" i just get that whole vibe when i watch it. he doesn't really explain his reasonings very well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A7addd1-SY8
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 8:19 PM - Quote - Report!

primusfan

yeah, i did see that. it's a shame people have to change their opinions just to pander. and all he's doing is losing votes. yeah, i did see that. it's a shame people have to change their opinions just to pander. and all he's doing is losing votes.
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 7:07 AM - Quote - Report!

DayTripper1967

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-ar ticles-RTD-2008-07-08-0107.html> ;looks like it won't be webb http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-ar ticles-RTD-2008-07-08-0107.html> ;looks like it won't be webb
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 9:32 PM - Quote - Report!

Cowslayer

Lulz it's biden. Lulz Lulz it's biden. Lulz
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 6:11 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand