Epiphone Les Paul Owners Group

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Epiphone vs. Gibson

pataldo

Are the Gibsons worth the price hike? Or are you just paying for the name on the Headstock? Discuss Are the Gibsons worth the price hike? Or are you just paying for the name on the Headstock? Discuss
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 5:02 AM - Quote - Report!

wooki321

I once played a Gibson in a guitar shop. I think, Gibsons are better, but they are too expensive. You spend half the money on the name. I once played a Gibson in a guitar shop. I think, Gibsons are better, but they are too expensive. You spend half the money on the name.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 9:48 PM - Quote - Report!

A Certain Death

in my opinion.... theres not really much of a difference in production guitars. my les paul custom is just as good as any gibson production model. maybe better if you count all the upgrades. custom shop guitars are a whole other story in my opinion.... theres not really much of a difference in production guitars.
my les paul custom is just as good as any gibson production model.
maybe better if you count all the upgrades. custom shop guitars are a whole other story
Posted: May 14, 2009 7:43 AM - Quote - Report!

coolcatEwan

Gibsons r def better but i cnt afford one lol Gibsons r def better but i cnt afford one lol
Posted: May 17, 2009 9:36 PM - Quote - Report!

mdwallin

I love my Epi LP Custom. I guess it's a little different to the usual epis. I like mine more than the gibson. Anyone seen Spinal Tap? "The delay is spectacular! I can play a note, and it'll be like waaaaaa. I can go out for a coffee and come back, and it'll still be goin' waaaa" yeah.. lol, love that sustain! I love my Epi LP Custom.
I guess it's a little different to the usual epis. I like mine more than the gibson.
Anyone seen Spinal Tap?
"The delay is spectacular! I can play a note, and it'll be like waaaaaa. I can go out for a coffee and come back, and it'll still be goin' waaaa"
yeah.. lol, love that sustain!
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 1:24 PM - Quote - Report!

Rhoads_1096

All Gibsons are miles ahead of any Epi but at best there is about $600 of difference in quality not over $1000. All Gibsons are miles ahead of any Epi but at best there is about $600 of difference in quality not over $1000.
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 3:10 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

Well..If I just got the standard Les Paul pickups on my guitar what they use on Gibsons I'd get close to the sound of an original Gibson LP. But the feel wouldn't be just it. As person said above,they're miles ahead. Although I think Gibson's prices are slightly too much for me. Well..If I just got the standard Les Paul pickups on my guitar what they use on Gibsons I'd get close to the sound of an original Gibson LP. But the feel wouldn't be just it. As person said above,they're miles ahead. Although I think Gibson's prices are slightly too much for me.
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 10:44 PM - Quote - Report!

twistedsista521

i must say that gibsons have shot down in quality. i personally think gibsons are worth about three hundred dollars more in quality not one thousand dollars more than the epiphone. i must say that gibsons have shot down in quality. i personally think gibsons are worth about three hundred dollars more in quality not one thousand dollars more than the epiphone.
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 9:39 PM - Quote - Report!

jamesclark111

You know I have to say, Gibson can have a great quality of tone. But if you were those people that would travel economically with a guitar,eh....... ephiphone is possible the best thing you can use for economic travel. Because you can take the neck off and the have some pee wee guitars. You know I have to say, Gibson can have a great quality of tone. But if you were those people that would travel economically with a guitar,eh....... ephiphone is possible the best thing you can use for economic travel. Because you can take the neck off and the have some pee wee guitars.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 9:01 PM - Quote - Report!

Radbowl

I have a Gibson LP GT Slash Signature and an Epiphone LP Std Appetite Slash Signature. Both are very good guitars. Quality is a little better on the Gibson but this Epiphone LP is definitely a steal !!! I have a Gibson LP GT Slash Signature and an Epiphone LP Std Appetite Slash Signature. Both are very good guitars. Quality is a little better on the Gibson but this Epiphone LP is definitely a steal !!!
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 2:21 PM - Quote - Report!

MaggaraMarine

Gibson wins. Don't know if my Epi Les Paul Std. is that great example of Epi guitars. It's decent but I tried my friend's Gibson SG Special and it was just so much better. Feels great and bends much easier (I can do those crazy 3 step bends, with Epi it's hard to bend two steps). You can always improve the sound but not the feel! Gibson wins. Don't know if my Epi Les Paul Std. is that great example of Epi guitars. It's decent but I tried my friend's Gibson SG Special and it was just so much better. Feels great and bends much easier (I can do those crazy 3 step bends, with Epi it's hard to bend two steps). You can always improve the sound but not the feel!
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 5:32 PM - Quote - Report!

ledzep98

Gibsons sound great, but I don't think they're worth the price,
I can get the sound I want with the epiphone.
Gibsons sound great, but I don't think they're worth the price, I can get the sound I want with the epiphone.
Posted: Jun 3, 2012 3:50 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand