Fender Bass Owners/Players(Ibanez too)

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

strings.....what do you use?

djflats

I just wanted to start a thread about what type of strings you use or have tried. If you will, name the brand and "action"(gauge)and any comments on the strings. That's it....thanks.
I just wanted to start a thread about what type of strings you use or have tried.  If you will, name the brand and "action"(gauge)and any comments on the strings.  That's it....thanks.
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 3:31 AM - Quote - Report!

slap-a-bass

Rotosounds are the best

nice bright sound and long lasting

normal gauge
Rotosounds are the best

nice bright sound and long lasting

normal gauge
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 2:48 AM - Quote - Report!

djflats

I put some Ernie Ball Hybrids on my Geddy. They're a lighter string than what I'm used to but they sound good.
My Standard Bass has EB 2804 flats on it. It's a different sound but it sounds good when I'm thumping to some country music.
I put some Ernie Ball Hybrids on my Geddy. They're a lighter string than what I'm used to but they sound good.
My Standard Bass has EB 2804 flats on it. It's a different sound but it sounds good when I'm thumping to some country music.
Posted: May 3, 2008 2:52 AM - Quote - Report!

83lespaulstudio

i have used Rotosound Swing 66's (45-105) for a long time, and they always deliver, what i need my bass to sound like. there may be better strings, but i have found what i like. i have used Rotosound Swing 66's (45-105) for a long time, and they always deliver, what i need my bass to sound like. there may be better strings, but i have found what i like.
Posted: May 14, 2008 1:21 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand