Gear Builders

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Creating A Guitar Body (Basic Instructions)

Mechaghostman2

First, come up with the design you want in your head. If you create a unique design that is identicle on both sides, either only draw half on a piece of paper, or fold a piece of paper in half, draw half your design, and while the piece of paper is still folded, cut it. Or, if you want an existing design, find a way to enlarge the design. O.K. now that you have you're design, trace it onto the body of your guitar. I used a Jig-Saw to gut out my guitar shape. And the kind of wood you want, is a soft, but not too soft wood, because if it's too hard, the vibrations will not beable to make it into the guitar as well, thus sounding like an Acoustic-Electric, where the tone is high, and it doesn't stay as long. If you use too soft of wood, then it will act as a sponge, absorbing the vibrations, being a deep tone, but yet, still not allowing for a full sound. Get something inbetween, like Maple or so. O.K. now that we have it cut out, we need to find a way to carve the holes for the neck, pickups, and pots and jack. I used a rotery tool A.K.A. a dremmel. It took a while, but it got the job done. If you have any questions, come and ask me.:) First, come up with the design you want in your head. If you create a unique design that is identicle on both sides, either only draw half on a piece of paper, or fold a piece of paper in half, draw half your design, and while the piece of paper is still folded, cut it. Or, if you want an existing design, find a way to enlarge the design. O.K. now that you have you're design, trace it onto the body of your guitar. I used a Jig-Saw to gut out my guitar shape. And the kind of wood you want, is a soft, but not too soft wood, because if it's too hard, the vibrations will not beable to make it into the guitar as well, thus sounding like an Acoustic-Electric, where the tone is high, and it doesn't stay as long. If you use too soft of wood, then it will act as a sponge, absorbing the vibrations, being a deep tone, but yet, still not allowing for a full sound. Get something inbetween, like Maple or so. O.K. now that we have it cut out, we need to find a way to carve the holes for the neck, pickups, and pots and jack. I used a rotery tool A.K.A. a dremmel. It took a while, but it got the job done. If you have any questions, come and ask me.:)
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 3:17 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand