Guitar Hero Lovers

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Gh4 VS Rock band 2

rorypearce

We all now that GH4 is pitched against rock band but which one is better? Guitar hero has some truly crap songs that many perceive as classics but have no meaning today. ock band has some songs that I love but I can't stay mad at guitar hero for long and it's whta i'm used too. Rock band leads the way in downloadable content, after all who wants to download a whole album pack just to get one song but this system is infinately better for fans of the bands so which one is better? Guitar hero also has in it's favour the added bonus of JIMI as a playable character but I'm still sitting on the fence with this one but what do you all think? Seing as this is the guitar hero lovers club i think i know what your going to think but do check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_hero_4 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_band_2 and make an informed decision We all now that GH4 is pitched against rock band but which one is better? Guitar hero has some truly crap songs that many perceive as classics but have no meaning today. ock band has some songs that I love but I can't stay mad at guitar hero for long and it's whta i'm used too. Rock band leads the way in downloadable content, after all who wants to download a whole album pack just to get one song but this system is infinately better for fans of the bands so which one is better? Guitar hero also has in it's favour the added bonus of JIMI as a playable character but I'm still sitting on the fence with this one but what do you all think? Seing as this is the guitar hero lovers club i think i know what your going to think but do check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_hero_4 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_band_2 and make an informed decision
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 4:54 PM - Quote - Report!

Metalliklok

I agree, GH4's setlist is complete and utter shit besides the same 4-5 songs I play(Satch Boogie, Crazy Train, Mr.Crowley, etc.) and then switch to Rock Band 2. When I went through Guitar career on GH4 I literally dozed off every other song, I beat the career with sheer willpower. This game bores me, the songs suck and are way too easy due to the huge influx of pop and pop/rock.

There is one thing that really bugs me about both games, moreso RB2 than GH4, and that is the timing window for HO/PO's. Now, Neversoft told us that the HO/PO timing was to be similar to GH: Aerosmith. That's no problem, I could barely tell the difference in GHA compared to GH3, in fact, I won $1000 bucks playing GHA in a tournament(first time playing GHA, too). These HO/PO's in GH4 are most definitely not as liberal as those found in GHA. Part of what made GH3 fun was that all the crazy shit the game throws at you is actually passable due to a lack of timing window in the HO/PO's. RB2's HO/PO's are MUCH worse, though, yet they throw bitches of songs like Caprici Di Diablo and Painkiller. The timing just doesn't feel right. Plus, as guitarists, we can take a few liberties with our timing so why should a fake guitar be any different?

I've been playing quite a bit of RB2, and haven't touched GH4 in weeks.
I agree, GH4's setlist is complete and utter shit besides the same 4-5 songs I play(Satch Boogie, Crazy Train, Mr.Crowley, etc.) and then switch to Rock Band 2. When I went through Guitar career on GH4 I literally dozed off every other song, I beat the career with sheer willpower.  This game bores me, the songs suck and are way too easy due to the huge influx of pop and pop/rock.

There is one thing that really bugs me about both games, moreso RB2 than GH4, and that is the timing window for HO/PO's. Now, Neversoft told us that the HO/PO timing was to be similar to GH: Aerosmith. That's no problem, I could barely tell the difference in GHA compared to GH3, in fact, I won $1000 bucks playing GHA in a tournament(first time playing GHA, too). These HO/PO's in GH4 are most definitely not as liberal as those found in GHA. Part of what made GH3 fun was that all the crazy shit the game throws at you is actually passable due to a lack of timing window in the HO/PO's. RB2's HO/PO's are MUCH worse, though, yet they throw bitches of songs like Caprici Di Diablo and Painkiller. The timing just doesn't feel right. Plus, as guitarists, we can take a few liberties with our timing so why should a fake guitar be any different?

I've been playing quite a bit of RB2, and haven't touched GH4 in weeks.
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 3:40 PM - Quote - Report!

Roxstar43

Rb2has similar songs to guitar hero... did they copy or something? Rb2has similar songs to guitar hero... did they copy or something?
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 9:18 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand