Guitarists with Skillz

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Music Gear Official Thread

destinzock

Everyone can talk anything gear related, or compare each others gear.

Who has the best gear? up to you to decide.
pictures?

My Gear

Everyone can talk anything gear related, or compare each others gear.

Who has the best gear? up to you to decide.
pictures?

My Gear

Posted: May 24, 2009 8:35 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

definitely not me. I've been stuck with the same guitar and amp since I started. Line 6 is great and all but I'm raising money for new equipment. I have some nice pedals though. definitely not me. I've been stuck with the same guitar and amp since I started. Line 6 is great and all but I'm raising money for new equipment. I have some nice pedals though.
Posted: May 24, 2009 9:33 PM - Quote - Report!

destinzock

Are you going to stick with Line 6? I think that would be cool. Are you going to stick with Line 6? I think that would be cool.
Posted: May 24, 2009 10:02 PM - Quote - Report!

Mattylightning

i've been adding to the whole rig and im not stopping.....i am gonna get a bigger amp though....maybe a 5152 II half stack or a madison stack i've been adding to the whole rig and im not stopping.....i am gonna get a bigger amp though....maybe a 5152 II half stack or a madison stack
Posted: May 25, 2009 2:03 AM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

Mattylightning wrote on May 24th, 2009 at 9:03pm :
i've been adding to the whole rig and im not stopping.....i am gonna get a bigger amp though....maybe a 5152 II half stack or a madison stack

is the 5152 any good?

Are you going to stick with Line 6? I think that would be cool.

no, probably move onto Randall or Roland. Distortion on those is killer.
Mattylightning wrote on May 24th, 2009 at 9:03pm :
i've been adding to the whole rig and im not stopping.....i am gonna get a bigger amp though....maybe a 5152 II half stack or a madison stack

is the 5152 any good?

[QUOTE] Are you going to stick with Line 6? I think that would be cool.[/QUOTE]
no, probably move onto Randall or Roland. Distortion on those is killer.
Posted: May 25, 2009 4:19 AM - Quote - Report!

destinzock

Randall + Good Pedal = Orgasm Randall + Good Pedal = Orgasm
Posted: May 25, 2009 10:05 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

destinzock wrote on May 25th, 2009 at 5:05pm :
Randall + Good Pedal = Orgasm
hard thing is finding an affordable one.
destinzock wrote on May 25th, 2009 at 5:05pm :
Randall + Good Pedal = Orgasm
hard thing is finding an affordable one.
Posted: May 26, 2009 12:34 AM - Quote - Report!

Grumbleweed

I have an Ibanez SV5470 (the blue one) that would/should be classed as a nice bit of kit! I don't have an amp as I play into my pc (through a Line 6 UX1).
My son uses my old Ibanez JS100 through a Boss GT10 into a Line 6 amp. When I was a kid I had a box, a stick and a piece of string to play.

Grum :grrr:
I have an Ibanez SV5470 (the blue one) that would/should be classed as a nice bit of kit! I don't have an amp as I play into my pc (through a Line 6 UX1).
My son uses my old Ibanez JS100 through a Boss GT10 into a Line 6 amp. When I was a kid I had a box, a stick and a piece of string to play.

Grum :grrr:
Posted: May 29, 2009 11:30 PM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

My current setup, minus a few pedals I am borrowing. I hope to get a "real" amp soon (a b52 , most likely) and just use the line 6 as a keyboard amp. :headbang: My current setup, minus a few pedals I am borrowing. I hope to get a "real" amp soon (a b52 , most likely) and just use the line 6 as a keyboard amp. :headbang:
Posted: May 30, 2009 3:25 AM - Quote - Report!

destinzock

nice dude cant wait wait till you get it nice dude cant wait wait till you get it
Posted: May 31, 2009 4:32 AM - Quote - Report!

hugh20

i have my current set up thats in my profile. I'm cleansing myself of the MG :D and getting a Vox vt30 in the middle of june. And i'm getting a digital delay as well. i have my current set up thats in my profile. I'm cleansing myself of the MG :D and getting a Vox vt30 in the middle of june. And i'm getting a digital delay as well.
Posted: May 31, 2009 4:25 PM - Quote - Report!

destinzock

nice man, I really really want to get a new Ibanez of better quality then i will be set :) but until then .. i must ride the flow~~~ nice man,

I really really want to get a new Ibanez of better quality
then i will be set :)

but until then .. i must ride the flow~~~
Posted: May 31, 2009 5:52 PM - Quote - Report!

Acidious_T

I have a Line6 Spider II 212. It's a really good amp and good for practice, but I am trying to get a part time job on the side and save up to 4000 bucks to get my dream amp rig. I have been looking around at different amps. I'd get the Kerry King Marshall, but I need more than one channel. I like the ENGL Powerball, the Mesa Triple Rectifier, Randall's Kirk Hammett model Half stack(NOT THE 10,000 dollar one), Egnator Tourmaster, or VHT's Sig X. Any thoughts? My guitars are a Jackson RR3 V, and an Epiphone ZAkk Wylde Les Paul custom(camo finish), so I dont really need a new guitar, although I am thinking of maybe sneaking a new one in with my new amp. maybe one with a floyd. Any thoughts on that as well? I have a Line6 Spider II 212. It's a really good amp and good for practice, but I am trying to get a part time job on the side and save up to 4000 bucks to get my dream amp rig. I have been looking around at different amps. I'd get the Kerry King Marshall, but I need more than one channel. I like the ENGL Powerball, the Mesa Triple Rectifier, Randall's Kirk Hammett model Half stack(NOT THE 10,000 dollar one), Egnator Tourmaster, or VHT's Sig X.
Any thoughts?
My guitars are a Jackson RR3 V, and an Epiphone ZAkk Wylde Les Paul custom(camo finish), so I dont really need a new guitar, although I am thinking of maybe sneaking a new one in with my new amp. maybe one with a floyd.
Any thoughts on that as well?
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 2:59 PM - Quote - Report!

destinzock

good luck with ur dream amp rig dude. i'm trying to save up for a new guitar thats all i wont maybe like a 700$ Ibanez i'm thinking maybe the prestige series but i wont 24 frets. any ideas? good luck with ur dream amp rig dude.

i'm trying to save up for a new guitar
thats all i wont maybe like a 700$ Ibanez

i'm thinking maybe the prestige series
but i wont 24 frets. any ideas?
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 1:41 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

good news guys, I'm getting the randall rg50tc. Pure, brootal, tube awesomeness that can go so loud, your ears will bleed. Should be coming in the mail this week. I CANT FUCKING WAIT.:dance: good news guys, I'm getting the randall rg50tc. Pure, brootal, tube awesomeness that can go so loud, your ears will bleed. Should be coming in the mail this week. I CANT FUCKING WAIT.:dance:
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 6:08 PM - Quote - Report!

Acidious_T

destinzock wrote on Jun 7th, 2009 at 8:41am :
good luck with ur dream amp rig dude.

Hmmmm..... well, depending on what you like, maybe that new Ibanez Xyphos? I think I spelled that right. I think it has 24 frets. It's neck through and badass lookin', and right in your price range. The prestige series looks good. They dont come with 24 frets? I dont know if you like B.C. Rich, a lot of people on UG dont, but they all have 24 frets and are really good guitars in that price range. Then of course there is Jackson soloists and dinkys. I think those have 24 frets. Also you should look at some ESP/LTD's. There's quite a few choices out there. Or, if you dont care whats on the headstock, go to rondomusic.com. They have some excellent guitars there for really cheap. You could get one in the 400 dollar range and if you dont like the PUP's just switch 'em out and you will come out cheaper. They make their guitars with the same quality woods that the big names use and are really nice. Great bargain for the money. Keep us posted, dood!!
destinzock wrote on Jun 7th, 2009 at 8:41am :
good luck with ur dream amp rig dude.

Hmmmm..... well, depending on what you like, maybe that new Ibanez Xyphos? I think I spelled that right. I think it has 24 frets. It's neck through and badass lookin', and right in your price range. The prestige series looks good. They dont come with 24 frets? I dont know if you like B.C. Rich, a lot of people on UG dont, but they all have 24 frets and are really good guitars in that price range. Then of course there is Jackson soloists and dinkys. I think those have 24 frets. Also you should look at some ESP/LTD's. There's quite a few choices out there. Or, if you dont care whats on the headstock, go to rondomusic.com. They have some excellent guitars there for really cheap. You could get one in the 400 dollar range and if you dont like the PUP's just switch 'em out and you will come out cheaper. They make their guitars with the same quality woods that the big names use and are really nice. Great bargain for the money.
Keep us posted, dood!!
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 2:01 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

destinzock, I'd go with ESP/LTD's, I've been trying to save up for one for a while. those guitars are extremely versatile. Most of them can play anything. This is the model I'm saving for http://espguitars.com/guitars_f.html. I might go with the F2-E or F-250. IF I'm not mistaken, you can get a hell of a guitar from them at $700. destinzock, I'd go with ESP/LTD's, I've been trying to save up for one for a while. those guitars are extremely versatile. Most of them can play anything. This is the model I'm saving for http://espguitars.com/guitars_f.html. I might go with the F2-E or F-250. IF I'm not mistaken, you can get a hell of a guitar from them at $700.
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 6:02 PM - Quote - Report!

Acidious_T

Myfirstpubes wrote on Jun 8th, 2009 at 1:02pm :
destinzock, I'd go with ESP/LTD's, I've been trying to save up for one for a while. those guitars are extremely versatile. Most of them can play anything. This is the model I'm saving for http://espguitars.com/guitars_f.html. I might go with the F2-E or F-250. IF I'm not mistaken, you can get a hell of a guitar from them at $700.
YEA!! Those are some dead sexy guitars. I like the F2-E myself. That neck through look is gorgeous. You really cant go wrong with ESP/LTD's in that price range. I am wanting to pick one up when I get my amp, just dont know which one. I'd love to get the Alexi 600 with the Blackout in it. Then again, Kirk's sig is nice, too. Although a nice EL-1000 is a nice one. Too many guitars, not enough money!!
destinzock, I'd go with ESP/LTD's, I've been trying to save up for one for a while. those guitars are extremely versatile. Most of them can play anything. This is the model I'm saving for http://espguitars.com/guitars_f.html. I might go with the F2-E or F-250. IF I'm not mistaken, you can get a hell of a guitar from them at $700.

YEA!! Those are some dead sexy guitars. I like the F2-E myself. That neck through look is gorgeous. You really cant go wrong with ESP/LTD's in that price range. I am wanting to pick one up when I get my amp, just dont know which one. I'd love to get the Alexi 600 with the Blackout in it. Then again, Kirk's sig is nice, too. Although a nice EL-1000 is a nice one. Too many guitars, not enough money!!
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 6:09 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

Acidious_T wrote on Jun 8th, 2009 at 1:09pm :

I know right! The custom series are nice, but cost too much money. a good high-end LTD is enough for me. (hey, that ryhmed!)
Acidious_T wrote on Jun 8th, 2009 at 1:09pm :

I know right! The custom series are nice, but cost too much money. a good high-end LTD is enough for me. (hey, that ryhmed!)
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 7:04 PM - Quote - Report!

destinzock

Hows the Neck on ltd's are they think like Ibanez? Hows the Neck on ltd's are they think like Ibanez?
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 7:08 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

destinzock wrote on Jun 8th, 2009 at 2:08pm :
Hows the Neck on ltd's are they think like Ibanez?

think? I dont know about think, but they're pretty thin.:p No, but they're pretty good. last one I played was the explorer shaped ltd, and it felt pretty smooth, almost waxy (I guess that was the strings).
[QUOTE u='destinzock' d='2009-06-08 14:08:56']Hows the Neck on ltd's are they think like Ibanez?[/QUOTE]
think? I dont know about think, but they're pretty thin.:p No, but they're pretty good. last one I played was the explorer shaped ltd, and it felt pretty smooth, almost waxy (I guess that was the strings).
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 8:06 PM - Quote - Report!

thorn rich

My gear. =] I also use FL Studio, REAPER, and Mixcraft for all my recordings, and I use Superior drummer for the drums, and other VSTi's for keys and such. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thorn+rich/pict ures/gear My gear. =] I also use FL Studio, REAPER, and Mixcraft for all my recordings, and I use Superior drummer for the drums, and other VSTi's for keys and such.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thorn+rich/pict ures/gear
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 2:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Acidious_T

They are pretty thin, I dont think they are AS thin as Ibanez's, but, all the ones I played are very nice, and I am very picky about neck thickness. You really cant go wrong with them, especially in the price range you are talking about. Every ESP/LTD I have played just felt like a high quality axe. And they come stock with EMG's, so , really, its a no brainer. I think I am getting one of the ex series. I love Explorers.

They are pretty thin, I dont think they are AS thin as Ibanez's, but, all the ones I played are very nice, and I am very picky about neck thickness. You really cant go wrong with them, especially in the price range you are talking about. Every ESP/LTD I have played just felt like a high quality axe. And they come stock with EMG's, so , really, its a no brainer. I think I am getting one of the ex series. I love Explorers.
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 2:30 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

is the ex the one with the natural wood finish? That ones beast! I played it at Sam Ash the other day! is the ex the one with the natural wood finish? That ones beast! I played it at Sam Ash the other day!
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 4:04 PM - Quote - Report!

Acidious_T

Myfirstpubes wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:04am :
is the ex the one with the natural wood finish? That ones beast! I played it at Sam Ash the other day!
Yep. Thats the one. I saw a guitar review on it. i like the coil tapping on it. It gets a ton of different tones. Was the neck nice on it?
is the ex the one with the natural wood finish? That ones beast! I played it at Sam Ash the other day!

Yep. Thats the one. I saw a guitar review on it. i like the coil tapping on it. It gets a ton of different tones. Was the neck nice on it?
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 7:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

Acidious_T wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 at 2:22pm :

the neck felt very smooth, a little too waxy for my liking, none the less, a beast of a guitar. I love the coil tap.

the neck felt very smooth, a little too waxy for my liking, none the less, a beast of a guitar. I love the coil tap.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 7:59 PM - Quote - Report!

Acidious_T

Myfirstpubes wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 at 2:59pm :
Yea, I run into the waxyness a lot. I think its where it hangs in a store for a while and it isnt cleaned. Every time I get a new guitar, I take it home and change the strings, and wipe it down with my guitar polish and then the waxiness is gone. I playes a new Washburn the other day, the newer ones that look like freaky Les Pauls, ans it was so waxy and grimey it sucked. Really wasnt that good of a guitar, anyway.

Myfirstpubes wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 at 2:59pm :

Yea, I run into the waxyness a lot. I think its where it hangs in a store for a while and it isnt cleaned. Every time I get a new guitar, I take it home and change the strings, and wipe it down with my guitar polish and then the waxiness is gone.
I playes a new Washburn the other day, the newer ones that look like freaky Les Pauls, ans it was so waxy and grimey it sucked. Really wasnt that good of a guitar, anyway.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 10:45 AM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

hey guys, anything I should know about tube amps and maintanaince? I just got mine and never had one before so, I dont know what I should do for maintanaince. hey guys, anything I should know about tube amps and maintanaince? I just got mine and never had one before so, I dont know what I should do for maintanaince.
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 4:58 PM - Quote - Report!

destinzock

nm but, if one of the tubes go bad u will have to replace it. and everytime you play with it it takes a couple mins for the tubes to warm up. nm but, if one of the tubes go bad u will have to replace it.
and everytime you play with it it takes a couple mins for the tubes to warm up.
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 3:57 PM - Quote - Report!

hmmm_de_hum

Suppose i could post here, im currently running a rack setup, slightly different than whats on my profile, its under revamp at the moment. 7 + 8 string guitars, getting a fanned 8 built by a local luthier in near future also. In the market for a Blackstar HT-5 and MXR carbon copy, oh and maybe an overdrive as well. For my jazz fusion project more than anything. Suppose i could post here, im currently running a rack setup, slightly different than whats on my profile, its under revamp at the moment. 7 + 8 string guitars, getting a fanned 8 built by a local luthier in near future also.

In the market for a Blackstar HT-5 and MXR carbon copy, oh and maybe an overdrive as well. For my jazz fusion project more than anything.
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 10:09 PM - Quote - Report!

mamosa

1. The FX is the one that's natural wood finish. 2. The neck isn't as thin on LTDs as on Ibanez. I've got both. 3. But my question is do you really need 24? Most guitarists I've seen don't really need 24, and the Ibanez S470DXQM is the best guitar for the money I have ever seen. EVER. 4. You could probably get an ESP LTD 400 or 401 series for 5-600, which will give you some extra cash. Or you could look for a used 1000 series on eBay, or a used in general. I always love going used because you get great gear in great condition, for much less. So consider going used, because you could get a much better guitar for less. 1. The FX is the one that's natural wood finish.
2. The neck isn't as thin on LTDs as on Ibanez. I've got both.
3. But my question is do you really need 24? Most guitarists I've seen don't really need 24, and the Ibanez S470DXQM is the best guitar for the money I have ever seen. EVER.
4. You could probably get an ESP LTD 400 or 401 series for 5-600, which will give you some extra cash. Or you could look for a used 1000 series on eBay, or a used in general. I always love going used because you get great gear in great condition, for much less. So consider going used, because you could get a much better guitar for less.
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 1:57 PM - Quote - Report!

bastratard

Whats up yall? Been a minute since I was here. I was reading some of the gear that you guys have and saw some interesting stuff. So I decided to fill you in with what I use:

My main guitar is a wine red fender mim strat. Has a humbuchker in the bridge but i dont really dig it too much. I want something hotter or something. its missing something. I have a schecter c1 elite that I use sometimes but its more for heavy music than anything else.

My main amp is a fender studio 112 s.s. (solid state) I have a fender performer 1000 with a tube preamp that has so much distortion built in its incredible! The clean channel is awesomely clean; too clean to put into words.

I use a digitech gnx4 for most of my playing. I can regulate my volume since I sit in the living room and jam in front of the tv.

I own a few pedals like a vox and ibanez wah, a danelectro fab tone dist pedal (i think its fab tone. I havent used it for who knows how long. but it does have a badass dist if i dont use the gnx 4 with it.)

I used to play nothing but crate amps. Back when I first started playing they had some bad amps. and still do but their not the same as the late 80's to the early 90's. I always wanted a crate blue voodoo but never got the opportunity so.... Now I think I just want a nice all tube amp form fender or egnater. The egnater rebel 20 is a cool amp but I wasnt able to get a real clean sound like the performer 1000 but it had a way to choose your tubes and blend them but no good dist either. But with a good pedal....????

Ill post pics one day but who knows when that will be??
Whats up yall? Been a minute since I was here. I was reading some of the gear that you guys have and saw some interesting stuff. So I decided to fill you in with what I use: My main guitar is a wine red fender mim strat. Has a humbuchker in the bridge but i dont really dig it too much. I want something hotter or something. its missing something. I have a schecter c1 elite that I use sometimes but its more for heavy music than anything else. My main amp is a fender studio 112 s.s. (solid state) I have a fender performer 1000 with a tube preamp that has so much distortion built in its incredible! The clean channel is awesomely clean; too clean to put into words. I use a digitech gnx4 for most of my playing. I can regulate my volume since I sit in the living room and jam in front of the tv. I own a few pedals like a vox and ibanez wah, a danelectro fab tone dist pedal (i think its fab tone. I havent used it for who knows how long. but it does have a badass dist if i dont use the gnx 4 with it.) I used to play nothing but crate amps. Back when I first started playing they had some bad amps. and still do but their not the same as the late 80's to the early 90's. I always wanted a crate blue voodoo but never got the opportunity so.... Now I think I just want a nice all tube amp form fender or egnater. The egnater rebel 20 is a cool amp but I wasnt able to get a real clean sound like the performer 1000 but it had a way to choose your tubes and blend them but no good dist either. But with a good pedal....???? Ill post pics one day but who knows when that will be??
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 1:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Riff Driven

Myfirstpubes wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 11:58am :
hey guys, anything I should know about tube amps and maintanaince? I just got mine and never had one before so, I dont know what I should do for maintanaince.
I'm not sure how long it's been since you checked this thread, but I know a buttload about tube amps. I've worked on and destroyed several over the years. I will say to get a tube tester, for when you burn them up, you can see it most of the time, but sometimes they get on the verge of failure and your tone and power can suffer. The best thing about tube amps is you can control the bias and try different power tubes to get killer tone, unless you have a really old amp, I have cooked a few heads.
[QUOTE u='Myfirstpubes' d='2009-06-12 11:58:30']hey guys, anything I should know about tube amps and maintanaince? I just got mine and never had one before so, I dont know what I should do for maintanaince.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure how long it's been since you checked this thread, but I know a buttload about tube amps. I've worked on and destroyed several over the years. I will say to get a tube tester, for when you burn them up, you can see it most of the time, but sometimes they get on the verge of failure and your tone and power can suffer. The best thing about tube amps is you can control the bias and try different power tubes to get killer tone, unless you have a really old amp, I have cooked a few heads.
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 11:52 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand