His Dark Materials

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

CONTROVERSY!!!

babybluefender

so...this whole controversy thing going on....are any of you christians?
so...this whole controversy thing going on....are any of you christians?
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 8:10 PM - Quote - Report!

Gunpowder

Honestly, I think the Church is just looking for trouble on this one. Honestly, I think the Church is just looking for trouble on this one.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 2:09 AM - Quote - Report!

babybluefender

truely i am so obviously grounded in my faith where i can read a piece of great fiction like his dark materials or the di vinci code and not get all freaked out....sure pullman may be atheist but im not....i still love God and his books arnt going to change that...theyre just great page turners... truely i am so obviously grounded in my faith where i can read a piece of great fiction like his dark materials or the di vinci code and not get all freaked out....sure pullman may be atheist but im not....i still love God and his books arnt going to change that...theyre just great page turners...
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 5:20 AM - Quote - Report!

babybluefender

oh and one more thing...i remember in like 3rd grade my teacher had to send home permission slips so we could read harry potter as a class....and the church advised us to not read the books because we would beleive in magic or something....im ok and i was like seriously read each of those books like 20 times each....lol oh and one more thing...i remember in like 3rd grade my teacher had to send home permission slips so we could read harry potter as a class....and the church advised us to not read the books because we would beleive in magic or something....im ok and i was like seriously read each of those books like 20 times each....lol
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 5:22 AM - Quote - Report!

linkinwayne

I'm a Catholic. But I know this controversy thingy is bloody stupid. I mean, come on. It's a god damn story for one. Just shut the hell up and enjoy it. Geez. I'm a Catholic. But I know this controversy thingy is bloody stupid. I mean, come on. It's a god damn story for one. Just shut the hell up and enjoy it. Geez.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 1:12 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand