His Dark Materials

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Golden Compass

M.B.MetalTabber

OK, this is where we can talk about the film and say what we thought of it. I saw it a couple of days ago, and I thought it was brilliant. It did follow the book, but missed parts out, like where Lyra free's all the captured Daemon souls towards the end.
What did you guys think?
OK, this is where we can talk about the film and say what we thought of it. I saw it a couple of days ago, and I thought it was brilliant. It did follow the book, but missed parts out, like where Lyra free's all the captured Daemon souls towards the end.
What did you guys think?
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 12:19 PM - Quote - Report!

Rocking-Rob

It wasn't bad but they ended it before the end

and the battle scenes were the wrong way around :P

but apart from that it was good
It wasn't bad but they ended it before the end

and the battle scenes were the wrong way around :P

but apart from that it was good
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 5:39 PM - Quote - Report!

MiG_853

Disappointed to be honest, I read the book before I saw the movie to be sure I wouldn't be fooled by hollywood. I'm glad I did, the books are far superior.

The acting was poor, the script far too simple, the cinematography unimpressive and far too colourful and cartoon-like.
Disappointed to be honest, I read the book before I saw the movie to be sure I wouldn't be fooled by hollywood. I'm glad I did, the books are far superior.

The acting was poor, the script far too simple, the cinematography unimpressive and far too colourful and cartoon-like.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 3:16 PM - Quote - Report!

angusfan16

I thought it was decent, i do agree that they left out some important stuff though. I think The Subtle Knife will be great though, i hope... I thought it was decent, i do agree that they left out some important stuff though. I think The Subtle Knife will be great though, i hope...
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 2:21 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand