7 string legion

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Amps that compliment 7 string guitars

jessejames1414

What the title says if anyone still checks this group out XD
What the title says if anyone still checks this group out XD
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 3:41 AM - Quote - Report!

MESAexplorer

I dunno?

As for the amps...definatly some sort of mesa boogie. Those things have low end gutsy growl for days.
I dunno?

As for the amps...definatly some sort of mesa boogie. Those things have low end gutsy growl for days.
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 4:38 AM - Quote - Report!

STABxYOU

Orange Thunderverb 200, jeez, it doubles as a bass amp. Orange Thunderverb 200, jeez, it doubles as a bass amp.
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 7:02 PM - Quote - Report!

jessejames1414

Orange Thunderverb tone doesn't interest me :\, I'd love an ENGL... maybe if I win the lottery or something XD. Orange Thunderverb tone doesn't interest me :\, I'd love an ENGL... maybe if I win the lottery or something XD.
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 3:16 AM - Quote - Report!

hmmm_de_hum

Very hard to say, but as a general overview it is impossible to make a recommendation, i could say Mesa but just listen to Nevermore with Krank and Engl or listen to Meshuggah with Line 6, the idea is that you make the amp sound good no matter what gear your using. Very hard to say, but as a general overview it is impossible to make a recommendation, i could say Mesa but just listen to Nevermore with Krank and Engl or listen to Meshuggah with Line 6, the idea is that you make the amp sound good no matter what gear your using.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 8:44 PM - Quote - Report!

Vd Hamster

It's not just the amp you're to consider, cabinets play a huuuge role too...

I myself am getting an Engl Savage and a pro cab so I think I'll do quite nicely ;)
It's not just the amp you're to consider, cabinets play a huuuge role too...

I myself am getting an Engl Savage and a pro cab so I think I'll do quite nicely ;)
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 5:55 PM - Quote - Report!

jessejames1414

I want a vader :x, I notice lots of people pair Mesa Boogies with Marshall Cabs too :0 I want a vader :x, I notice lots of people pair Mesa Boogies with Marshall Cabs too :0
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 2:57 AM - Quote - Report!

Mettliccaa

Well, look for an online manual for an amp and since I believe the B is at 123Hz look for an amp that will respond down to at least 100Hz so you can still do drop tunings. Well, look for an online manual for an amp and since I believe the B is at 123Hz look for an amp that will respond down to at least 100Hz so you can still do drop tunings.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:01 AM - Quote - Report!

MetalheadA7X

I Just use my JCM2000 DSL and i love the tones i get from it.

Sounds very unearth-y when i set it up correctly
I Just use my JCM2000 DSL and i love the tones i get from it.

Sounds very unearth-y when i set it up correctly
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 4:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Shor-T Zero

yeah, I definitely have to agree with the Mesa idea. ENGL are great from what I've heard.

There's way too many factors that can change your sound, especially for a 7 string (considering there's another string to factor in to the bite or warm/round sound equation). It's all about the EQ too though. The most over-used, but best answer, is to try out a 7 string at a guitar shop with an amp.

But, I will say, I've tried an Ibanez S7320 with a Peavy (I think it was a smaller Valveking) and I absolutely loved the sounds I was getting.
yeah, I definitely have to agree with the Mesa idea. ENGL are great from what I've heard.

There's way too many factors that can change your sound, especially for a 7 string (considering there's another string to factor in to the bite or warm/round sound equation). It's all about the EQ too though. The most over-used, but best answer, is to try out a 7 string at a guitar shop with an amp.

But, I will say, I've tried an Ibanez S7320 with a Peavy (I think it was a smaller Valveking) and I absolutely loved the sounds I was getting.
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 4:32 PM - Quote - Report!

Soul Possessed

I'd have to say Engl is definately best, either the Invader 150 or the Se, and definately vaders, i don't know a band that doesn't use them. I'd have to say Engl is definately best, either the Invader 150 or the Se, and definately vaders, i don't know a band that doesn't use them.
Posted: May 23, 2008 3:57 AM - Quote - Report!

Kivarenn82

i think it'd be the way the cab is constructed that affects how well the low B is re-produced.

i remember a couple places that sold cabs that were "tuned" specifically to the Low detuned crowds.. i'm unsure if it really works or if its a marketing gimmick, but its something to try out anyway.
i think it'd be the way the cab is constructed that affects how well the low B is re-produced.

i remember a couple places that sold cabs that were "tuned" specifically to the Low detuned crowds.. i'm unsure if it really works or if its a marketing gimmick, but its something to try out anyway.
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:17 AM - Quote - Report!

highlordmugfug

Kivarenn82 wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 4:17am :

what places and what amps?
[QUOTE u='Kivarenn82' d='2008-06-25 04:17:05']i think it'd be the way the cab is constructed that affects how well the low B is re-produced.

i remember a couple places that sold cabs that were "tuned" specifically to the Low detuned crowds.. i'm unsure if it really works or if its a marketing gimmick, but its something to try out anyway.[/QUOTE]
what places and what amps?
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 6:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Magero

The thing you gotta remember with cabs is that MOST will be the exact same speaker, just in a slightly different box...
Mesa Boogie always annoyed me by charging $5000 aus for what is basically an A30 celestion speaker with a mesa badge. Marshall charge $2000 for the same, and so on. Sure, cab construction comes into it, but unless you REALLY have uber amounts of money lying around, I don't reccomend getting swept up in "cab dreams"
The thing you gotta remember with cabs is that MOST will be the exact same speaker, just in a slightly different box...
Mesa Boogie always annoyed me by charging $5000 aus for what is basically an A30 celestion speaker with a mesa badge. Marshall charge $2000 for the same, and so on. Sure, cab construction comes into it, but unless you REALLY have uber amounts of money lying around, I don't reccomend getting swept up in "cab dreams"
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 8:08 AM - Quote - Report!

Dream Pin

Magero wrote on Aug 8th, 2008 at 3:08am :

I do. Excellent construction and great wood make a huge difference.
If cabs were just "same speakers, different boxes" everyone and their dog would use MG cabs.
[QUOTE u='Magero' d='2008-08-08 03:08:07']The thing you gotta remember with cabs is that MOST will be the exact same speaker, just in a slightly different box...

Mesa Boogie always annoyed me by charging $5000 aus for what is basically an A30 celestion speaker with a mesa badge. Marshall charge $2000 for the same, and so on. Sure, cab construction comes into it, but unless you REALLY have uber amounts of money lying around, I don't reccomend getting swept up in "cab dreams"[/QUOTE]

I do. Excellent construction and great wood make a huge difference.
If cabs were just "same speakers, different boxes" everyone and their dog would use MG cabs.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 9:34 PM - Quote - Report!

jessejames1414

On the topic of cabs, 5150III and it's matching cab produce and absolutely frighteningly brutal low b XD, it was delicious On the topic of cabs, 5150III and it's matching cab produce and absolutely frighteningly brutal low b XD, it was delicious
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 5:43 AM - Quote - Report!

dirtymoyer

I use a Mesa/Boogie. I love the low flavor. I use a Mesa/Boogie. I love the low flavor.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 10:46 PM - Quote - Report!

kneeseb

mesa/boogie triple recitifier. mesa/boogie triple recitifier.
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 4:48 PM - Quote - Report!

suicidalllama

I know of a few 7 stringers that use Peavey 6505+ and the tone attained from that is pretty sweet. I know of a few 7 stringers that use Peavey 6505+ and the tone attained from that is pretty sweet.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 12:20 AM - Quote - Report!

eyebanez333

Peavey XXX + mesa cabinet does it for me =D Peavey XXX + mesa cabinet does it for me =D
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 5:58 PM - Quote - Report!

samlocke14

peavy 6505. awesome low end, mine LOVES my 7 string peavy 6505. awesome low end, mine LOVES my 7 string
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 4:10 PM - Quote - Report!

BushMasterFlex

Line 6 Spider II Line 6 Spider II
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 10:13 PM - Quote - Report!

btones

^ this, and the spider III. Also, the Carvin V3 sounds pretty damn good too. ^ this, and the spider III. Also, the Carvin V3 sounds pretty damn good too.
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 8:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Xelorh

6505+, but i wish i had mesa/boogie triple rec :'( 6505+, but i wish i had mesa/boogie triple rec :'(
Posted: May 2, 2012 6:42 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand