7 string legion

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Whats your favorite band that uses 7 srtings?

BushMasterFlex

There are alot of bands that use 7 strings now. My favorite would have to be KoRn, or when ever Godsmack and Megadeath use one.:headbang: There are alot of bands that use 7 strings now. My favorite would have to be KoRn, or when ever Godsmack and Megadeath use one.:headbang:
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:06 PM - Quote - Report!

MESAexplorer

Does Godsmack or Megadeth ever use them or are you saying if they did?

For me, I like Petrucci's work with a 7 string but he's predominately a 6 string player. The guys from Meshuggah make me quite hard with their 7/8 stringage. I'm currently lost as far as music I really want to play right now and I've been doing a lot of classical based stuff with the low tunings.

For me, I like Petrucci's work with a 7 string but he's predominately a 6 string player. The guys from Meshuggah make me quite hard with their 7/8 stringage. I'm currently lost as far as music I really want to play right now and I've been doing a lot of classical based stuff with the low tunings.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 7:01 AM - Quote - Report!

BushMasterFlex

MESAexplorer wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 at 2:01am :

Godsmack does for certin songs and Megadeath's new album uses them.
[QUOTE u='MESAexplorer' d='2008-12-06 02:01:06']Does Godsmack or Megadeth ever use them or are you saying if they did?

For me, I like Petrucci's work with a 7 string but he's predominately a 6 string player. The guys from Meshuggah make me quite hard with their 7/8 stringage. I'm currently lost as far as music I really want to play right now and I've been doing a lot of classical based stuff with the low tunings.[/QUOTE]

Godsmack does for certin songs and Megadeath's new album uses them.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 5:12 PM - Quote - Report!

STABxYOU

Pig Destroyer. Pig Destroyer.
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 7:57 PM - Quote - Report!

Vd Hamster

Nevermore, Mercenary and Circus Maximus :liplick: Nevermore, Mercenary and Circus Maximus :liplick:
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 9:31 PM - Quote - Report!

Hecatomb_7

Sonata Arctica, Amon Amarth, Dream Theater, or BucketHead whenever he picks one up Sonata Arctica, Amon Amarth, Dream Theater, or BucketHead whenever he picks one up
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 4:55 PM - Quote - Report!

hmmm_de_hum

Meshuggah all the way, what they do is pretty unique. Meshuggah all the way, what they do is pretty unique.
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 7:01 PM - Quote - Report!

seizetheday1103

suicide silence suicide silence
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 4:06 PM - Quote - Report!

dirtymoyer

Dream theater and I can't wait to hear Chris B. with Megadeth. Dream theater and I can't wait to hear Chris B. with Megadeth.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:04 PM - Quote - Report!

aznrockerdude

I wish I was good enough to try:
Dream Theater
Outworld
I wish I was good enough to try:
Dream Theater
Outworld
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:48 AM - Quote - Report!

lockless7x

Dude way Meshuggah. Dude way Meshuggah.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 4:13 AM - Quote - Report!

_-Joey-_

Unearth + Fear Factory + Mnemic :) Unearth + Fear Factory + Mnemic :)
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 1:54 PM - Quote - Report!

kneeseb

eeeeerrrrrrrrr, meshuggah! eeeeerrrrrrrrr, meshuggah!
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 9:20 PM - Quote - Report!

kneeseb

hang on dont meshuggah play 8 strings? hang on dont meshuggah play 8 strings?
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 4:49 PM - Quote - Report!

the ancient one

i actually like triviums use of 7 strings on there shogun album i actually like triviums use of 7 strings on there shogun album
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 7:58 AM - Quote - Report!

t.ev

kneeseb wrote on Mar 8th, 2009 at 11:49am :
hang on dont meshuggah play 8 strings?
yeah meshuggah uses 8.
kneeseb wrote on Mar 8th, 2009 at 11:49am :
hang on dont meshuggah play 8 strings?
yeah meshuggah uses 8.
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 6:02 PM - Quote - Report!

valennic

Meshuggah, Nevermore, Divine Heresy, and Dream Theater. Meshuggah, Nevermore, Divine Heresy, and Dream Theater.
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 9:01 AM - Quote - Report!

skilletman

lacuna coil lacuna coil
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 10:42 PM - Quote - Report!

BushMasterFlex

wow iv never herd of half of these bands! are these underground bands or what? is it heavy shit? wow iv never herd of half of these bands! are these underground bands or what? is it heavy shit?
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 1:09 AM - Quote - Report!

mhylands

Nevermore. Nevermore.
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 6:39 AM - Quote - Report!

DroogieSteve

Dream Theater, I learnt the entire change of seasons to justify the seventh string Dream Theater, I learnt the entire change of seasons to justify the seventh string
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 3:01 AM - Quote - Report!

MetalheadA7X

Suicide Silence, Architects (Hollow Crown Album) and Unearth! Suicide Silence, Architects (Hollow Crown Album) and Unearth!
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 1:08 AM - Quote - Report!

uninsane_guitar

Animals As Leaders (I worship Taosin Abasi lol) Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Trivium, Korn, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, not 7 strings but still, the super low tuned goodness of Meshuggah makes my ears bleed! Oh there's so many to list! Animals As Leaders (I worship Taosin Abasi lol) Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Trivium, Korn, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, not 7 strings but still, the super low tuned goodness of Meshuggah makes my ears bleed! Oh there's so many to list!
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 3:57 PM - Quote - Report!

drgoogs32

STEVE VAI
SOME KORN
STEVE VAI SOME KORN
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 6:40 PM - Quote - Report!

kc_mtaf

Korn is great. My favorites are Chelsea Grin, and Suicide Silence Korn is great. My favorites are Chelsea Grin, and Suicide Silence
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 12:06 PM - Quote - Report!

mhylands

For actual 7-string bands:
Nevermore, Sonata Arctica, Korn, and Dream Theater.
For actual 7-string bands: Nevermore, Sonata Arctica, Korn, and Dream Theater.
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 2:17 PM - Quote - Report!

salvtyr

Epica And Carach Angren FTW !!:down: Epica And Carach Angren FTW !!:down:
Posted: Apr 23, 2011 5:40 PM - Quote - Report!

ProgFripp74

Periphery, TesseracT, Vildhjarta, Monuments, AAL, Fractals, UNEVEN STRUCTURE etc Periphery, TesseracT, Vildhjarta, Monuments, AAL, Fractals, UNEVEN STRUCTURE etc
Posted: Apr 16, 2012 7:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Xelorh

Emmure, WhiteChapel, Jeff Loomis's solo album, Structures Emmure, WhiteChapel, Jeff Loomis's solo album, Structures
Posted: May 2, 2012 6:40 PM - Quote - Report!

alex3945

Through the Eyes of the Dead Through the Eyes of the Dead
Posted: May 25, 2012 2:48 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand