UG's INTP Conservatory

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

The Test and You

rockingamer2

So guys, this thread is to discuss how accurate the test is to you and see if you think you have the traits for an INTP.

(Kind of worded that poorly).

I think it describes me very well. I keep to myself and like to work with people informally. What surprised me the most is that INTPs tend to point out something funny to avoid a conflict, with was scarily accurate of me.
So guys, this thread is to discuss how accurate the test is to you and see if you think you have the traits for an INTP.

(Kind of worded that poorly).

I think it describes me very well. I keep to myself and like to work with people informally. What surprised me the most is that INTPs tend to point out something funny to avoid a conflict, with was scarily accurate of me.
Posted: May 11, 2010 12:45 AM - Quote - Report!

Fat-bastard0603

On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of "simple" ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: They are merely presenting all the information.

This happens to me at school on a daily basis, it sucks.
[QUOTE]On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of "simple" ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: They are merely presenting all the information.[/QUOTE] This happens to me at school on a daily basis, it sucks.
Posted: May 11, 2010 9:06 PM - Quote - Report!

sglover34479

Fat-bastard0603 wrote on May 11th, 2010 at 4:06pm :
On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of "simple" ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: They are merely presenting all the information.

Same, as well as the pointing out funny observations thing.
[QUOTE u='Fat-bastard0603' d='2010-05-11 16:06:48'][QUOTE]On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of "simple" ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: They are merely presenting all the information.[/QUOTE] This happens to me at school on a daily basis, it sucks.[/QUOTE] Same, as well as the pointing out funny observations thing.
Posted: May 12, 2010 1:43 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

Fat-bastard0603 wrote on May 11th, 2010 at 4:06pm :

Yeah, same. Pretty annoying when you look for over-complicated answers and it ends up being something a 5 year old can do.
[QUOTE u='Fat-bastard0603' d='2010-05-11 16:06:48'][QUOTE]On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of "simple" ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: They are merely presenting all the information.[/QUOTE] This happens to me at school on a daily basis, it sucks.[/QUOTE] Yeah, same. Pretty annoying when you look for over-complicated answers and it ends up being something a 5 year old can do.
Posted: May 12, 2010 6:03 PM - Quote - Report!

Chasing_Strange

Ditto. It definitely fits me. I think I exhaust people sometimes because I "over-explain" things. I can't help it though, I feel like I have to present all the facts to make things clear. lol Ditto. It definitely fits me. I think I exhaust people sometimes because I "over-explain" things. I can't help it though, I feel like I have to present all the facts to make things clear. lol
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 6:45 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand