Iron Maiden

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Iron Maiden Tabs and Backing Tracks ( for all inst

Eddie82

Iron Maiden Backing Tracks!

Hello Maiden fans @ultimateguitar!

I am a new user here and have something in mind to share with you guys.

Ive been a fan for 20 years now and one of the things i notice is that IMO, there is a lack of good iron maiden material for instrument players.

When you are a starter, if you learn a song +/- you are already happy :p

But once you wish to understand more about Maiden's art - which is very simple from one side, but can be very detailed, well, if you consider the very small details in their compositions/playstyle - the truth is that the professional tab books and videos out there are in their great majority just close to the real deal. Also they are always trying to teach the same songs... >.< which are cool but... what about the others O.O? Any big musician fan would love to learn/play/see the less played songs... isnt it right?

Thats just my opinion. Another thing i believe is that we lack as a fan community are GOOD backing tracks. Same thing, always the same songs...

We dont need BTs for the songs that had their master tracks released (isolated instrument tracks). But when we want a good BT for these less common songs, all we are left with is our own effort. Nowadays anyone can download a GPro or similar kind of file and create their own backing tracks. But again, a lot of Maiden songs here have poor backing tracks. In my opinion even the top rated ones deserve a bit more of our work.

SO HERE IS THE IDEA:

- Working as a fan community to improve the transcriptions and also create these backing tracks for these rarer songs ourselves.

We could create both virtual ones but also real ones with us recording the parts. And not only backing tracks for guitar players, but also BTs for Bass and Drum players!

There are currently 2 backing tracks i did recently, Innocent Exile and Transylvania (Virtual Drums and Bass) available here:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Eddie82/music/

I am still learning how to achieve a more real sound, and preferably with a Maiden virtual tone, but i dont think this is a bad start.

So, i am willing to create and improve these backing tracks and everyone is welcome to help:

-Sharing improved GPro and BT files in general. (What you can do is create/download/improve some GP file and once you have a good tab you run it with a better sounding software than GPro. If you want some starting advice, let me know)

-Recording instrument parts ( if you do, play along the original to keep the correct tempo)

-Rating and commenting on our BTs, also giving ideas on how to improve them, including software/VSTi tips, Maiden tone/gear setup, tab creation etc.

I am already working on my own (currently working in a "Only the good die young BT"), but would be really nice if we could do this as a community! We could then share our covers/collabs here with some nice sounding BTs \m/ \m/

Hope theres some other fans out there who like the idea, let me know!

Up the Irons from Brazil!

Iron Maiden Backing Tracks!

Hello Maiden fans @ultimateguitar!

I am a new user here and have something in mind to share with you guys.

Ive been a fan for 20 years now and one of the things i notice is that IMO, there is a lack of good iron maiden material for instrument players. 

When you are a starter, if you learn a song +/- you are already happy :p

But once you wish to understand more about Maiden's art - which is very simple from one side, but can be very detailed, well, if you consider the very small details in their compositions/playstyle - the truth is that the professional tab books and videos out there are in their great majority just close to the real deal. Also they are always trying to teach the same songs... >.< which are cool but... what about the others O.O? Any big musician fan would love to learn/play/see the less played songs... isnt it right?

Thats just my opinion. Another thing i believe is that we lack as a fan community are GOOD backing tracks. Same thing, always the same songs...

We dont need BTs for the songs that had their master tracks released (isolated instrument tracks). But when we want a good BT for these less common songs, all we are left with is our own effort. Nowadays anyone can download a GPro or similar kind of file and create their own backing tracks. But again, a lot of Maiden songs here have poor backing tracks. In my opinion even the top rated ones deserve a bit more of our work. 

SO HERE IS THE IDEA:

- Working as a fan community to improve the transcriptions and also create these backing tracks for these rarer songs ourselves.

We could create both virtual ones but also real ones with us recording the parts. And not only backing tracks for guitar players, but also BTs for Bass and Drum players!

There are currently 2 backing tracks i did recently, Innocent Exile and Transylvania (Virtual Drums and Bass) available here:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Eddie82/music/

I am still learning how to achieve a more real sound, and preferably with a Maiden virtual tone, but i dont think this is a bad start. 

So, i am willing to create and improve these backing tracks and everyone is welcome to help: 

-Sharing improved GPro and BT files in general. (What you can do is create/download/improve some GP file and once you have a good tab you run it with a better sounding software than GPro. If you want some starting advice, let me know) 

-Recording instrument parts ( if you do, play along the original to keep the correct tempo)

-Rating and commenting on our BTs, also giving ideas on how to improve them, including software/VSTi tips, Maiden tone/gear setup, tab creation etc.

I am already working on my own (currently working in a "Only the good die young BT"), but would be really nice if we could do this as a community! We could then share our covers/collabs here with some nice sounding BTs \m/ \m/

Hope theres some other fans out there who like the idea, let me know!

Up the Irons from Brazil!

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 10:59 AM - Quote - Report!

Eddie82

OK, i will be posting stuff anyway :p I found this very cool tool, its a website where you can add Tabs into youtube videos. I made an online Tab for that video with the original BASS mastertrack from the song Wasted Years ( by the way, the bass tab for this song is WRONG here in UGT, so you might want to check this out!

http://www.soundslice.com/tabs/5117/iron-maiden-wa sted-years-bass-only-studio-version-tab/

My name there is "maidenlessons" i am the only one transcribing Maiden songs there.

Cheers
OK, i will be posting stuff anyway :p I found this very cool tool, its a website where you can add Tabs into youtube videos. I made an online Tab for that video with the original BASS mastertrack from the song Wasted Years ( by the way, the bass tab for this song is WRONG here in UGT, so you might want to check this out! http://www.soundslice.com/tabs/5117/iron-maiden-wasted-years-bass-only-studio-version-tab/ My name there is "maidenlessons" i am the only one transcribing Maiden songs there. Cheers
Posted: Jun 6, 2013 5:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Captain Chaos

Sounds cool man, too bad not many people check this part out of the site. Sounds cool man, too bad not many people check this part out of the site.
Posted: Sep 11, 2013 10:51 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand