Jaco Pastorius Appreciation Society

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Favourite Jaco Bassline

sinan90

Mine has to be A Remark You Made in his time with Weather report, it is just one of the most beautiful melodies ever.
Mine has to be A Remark You Made in his time with Weather report, it is just one of the most beautiful melodies ever.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 11:22 AM - Quote - Report!

jazz_rock_feel

Hmm, Sinan you ask a tough question, I always liked PoT, maybe Teen Town, Kuru I love, I can't choose. If you're talking my favourite composition he was involved in then Birdland. Hmm, Sinan you ask a tough question, I always liked PoT, maybe Teen Town, Kuru I love, I can't choose. If you're talking my favourite composition he was involved in then Birdland.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 1:48 AM - Quote - Report!

Incubus_SCIENCE

Liberty City here.... I love that groove. Liberty City here.... I love that groove.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 5:44 AM - Quote - Report!

anarkee

For me its between Continuum and Birdland. Continuum gives me shivers. For me its between Continuum and Birdland. Continuum gives me shivers.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 6:43 AM - Quote - Report!

sammcl-15

Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 at 12:44am :
Liberty City here.... I love that groove.

+1, I really love his cover of Blackbird too.
Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 at 12:44am :
Liberty City here.... I love that groove.

+1, I really love his cover of Blackbird too.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 10:02 PM - Quote - Report!

thefitz

Hejira is the song among songs. It's not a bass line per se, but his multiple bass tracks and tone is just unreal. Not even Joni Mitchell's bullshit nonsense lyrics with about as much poetic maturity as Twinkle Twinkle Little star and irritating voice can ruin it!

Man, I can't do anything without flaming :(
Hejira is the song among songs. It's not a bass line per se, but his multiple bass tracks and tone is just unreal. Not even Joni Mitchell's bullshit nonsense lyrics with about as much poetic maturity as Twinkle Twinkle Little star and irritating voice can ruin it!

Posted: Aug 20, 2007 11:13 PM - Quote - Report!

indie-bassist

Birdland I think, but Blackbird comes close. Birdland I think, but Blackbird comes close.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 3:27 PM - Quote - Report!

anarkee

thefitz wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 at 6:13pm :

Nah when you're flaming Joni Mitchell you get special dispensation, Fitz.
thefitz wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 at 6:13pm :

Nah when you're flaming Joni Mitchell you get special dispensation, Fitz.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 11:16 PM - Quote - Report!

Leper Affinity

Portrait of Tracy, Come on, Come Over, and Continuum FTW! Portrait of Tracy, Come on, Come Over, and Continuum FTW!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 5:53 AM - Quote - Report!

jagstang270

The Chicken! The Chicken!
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 7:29 PM - Quote - Report!

Barboom

Opus mufuckin pocus ftw. MMM! Opus mufuckin pocus ftw. MMM!
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 1:17 AM - Quote - Report!

Beast_Within

Teen Town, Donna Lee, PoT, and Come on Come Over Teen Town, Donna Lee, PoT, and Come on Come Over
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 4:15 AM - Quote - Report!

kdownes

Portrait Of Tracy, the most beautiful bass song ever and A Remark You Made. Portrait Of Tracy, the most beautiful bass song ever and A Remark You Made.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 11:47 PM - Quote - Report!

Jack Dony

The chicken changed my life, and then portrait of tracy did it again, i also think donna lee was a sweet arrangment. The chicken changed my life, and then portrait of tracy did it again, i also think donna lee was a sweet arrangment.
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 7:36 PM - Quote - Report!

Walkin'Basser

Anyone heard Havona? I was completely blown away when I did. Anyone heard Havona? I was completely blown away when I did.
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 5:49 PM - Quote - Report!

Andy2k64

teen town :) teen town :)
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:42 PM - Quote - Report!

Sly Taco

teen town is sick! teen town is sick!
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 9:14 PM - Quote - Report!

buhumit

The Chicken, Portrait of Tracy, and Birdland The Chicken, Portrait of Tracy, and Birdland
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 8:40 AM - Quote - Report!

LoveThyBass

Portrait of Trach, and Teen Town, hands down. can play portrait, just finished learning teen town Portrait of Trach, and Teen Town, hands down. can play portrait, just finished learning teen town
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 6:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Metalology

Birdland (live version, but not youtube). Birdland (live version, but not youtube).
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 2:09 PM - Quote - Report!

sevenchurches

Barboom wrote on Sep 1st, 2007 at 8:17pm :
Opus mufuckin pocus ftw. MMM!

That or the intro to Slang
Barboom wrote on Sep 1st, 2007 at 8:17pm :
Opus mufuckin pocus ftw. MMM!

That or the intro to Slang
Posted: May 22, 2008 8:12 PM - Quote - Report!

Salute to Jaco

There's so many, i's hard to choose. I like Opus Pocus, The Chicken, Comeon, Come Over, Continuum, Teen town, Birdland, Portrait of tracy, and more I can't Remember There's so many, i's hard to choose. I like Opus Pocus, The Chicken, Comeon, Come Over, Continuum, Teen town, Birdland, Portrait of tracy, and more I can't Remember
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:35 AM - Quote - Report!

ohhey9040

Continuum Continuum
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 6:29 PM - Quote - Report!

KieronC07

Teen Town Teen Town
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 5:52 PM - Quote - Report!

SoftParade1967

teen town definatly. teen town definatly.
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 12:29 AM - Quote - Report!

Jazzman91

I nearly like everything, but "The Chicken" is the best. It's great to jam along with it (i'm playing saxophone) and it got me learning bass. I nearly like everything, but "The Chicken" is the best. It's great to jam along with it (i'm playing saxophone) and it got me learning bass.
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 4:04 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand