Jazz Fusion

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Frank Gambale

Zeppelin256

Anyone ever listen to him? His new(ish) album Natural High is great. It's not as fusiony as his other stuff, and it's an acoustic trio and he rewrote (and cleverly renamed, I might add) a few standards if you haven't heard it. Definitely check it out.
Anyone ever listen to him? His new(ish) album Natural High is great. It's not as fusiony as his other stuff, and it's an acoustic trio and he rewrote (and cleverly renamed, I might add) a few standards if you haven't heard it. Definitely check it out.
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 11:35 PM - Quote - Report!

bigmanwithanaxe

I've only ever heard Passages by Frank, I think it's brilliant, I loved his version of White Room by Cream, probably just because I'm a Cream fan though. Been wanting to hear more of his stuff so I might pick up a copy of it. I've only ever heard Passages by Frank, I think it's brilliant, I loved his version of White Room by Cream, probably just because I'm a Cream fan though. Been wanting to hear more of his stuff so I might pick up a copy of it.
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 5:57 PM - Quote - Report!

Zeppelin256

Yeah, you should also check out Thinking Out Loud. He played on an Ibanez George Benson model throughout the album and his playing is very clean and smooth - a great example of fusion IMO. Yeah, you should also check out Thinking Out Loud. He played on an Ibanez George Benson model throughout the album and his playing is very clean and smooth - a great example of fusion IMO.
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 6:53 PM - Quote - Report!

Resiliance

He has too much filler for my tastes, though some of his stuff is quite good. My favorite album is probably Raison D'?tre. He makes good use of that tuning of his. He has too much filler for my tastes, though some of his stuff is quite good. My favorite album is probably Raison D'?tre. He makes good use of that tuning of his.
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 11:26 AM - Quote - Report!

Seth Shadows

Amazing Musician. Amazing Musician.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 9:42 PM - Quote - Report!

Snev

love his music love his music
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 12:15 PM - Quote - Report!

Stratwizard

Yeah, Gambale's pretty good. I especially like his collab with Allan Holdsworth, Truth In Shredding. Yeah, Gambale's pretty good. I especially like his collab with Allan Holdsworth, Truth In Shredding.
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 5:17 PM - Quote - Report!

seth's daddy

A friend of mine showed me some Vital Information...WOW! It's so sad that musicians like that have to live in virtual obscurity. A friend of mine showed me some Vital Information...WOW! It's so sad that musicians like that have to live in virtual obscurity.
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 10:21 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand