The Jimi Hendrix Group

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Jimi Hendrix songs We can Play & Love

zman@home

For myself, i can play [well] 'Hey Joe', 'Wind Cries Mary', 'Purple Haze' and 'Voodoo Chile'. Am working on "If 6 was 9", "Hear My Train A'Comin", "All Along the Watchtower" [solo], "Little wing" and "Axis;Bold as Love".
Has anyone else heard Hendrix play the 12 string accoustic on "Hear my Train a'comin"? I think it is beautifull and gives us all a clue as to what direction he was heading musically.

For myself, i can play [well] 'Hey Joe', 'Wind Cries Mary', 'Purple Haze' and 'Voodoo Chile'. Am working on "If 6 was 9", "Hear My Train A'Comin", "All Along the Watchtower" [solo], "Little wing" and "Axis;Bold as Love".
 Has anyone else heard Hendrix play the 12 string accoustic on "Hear my Train a'comin"? I think it is beautifull and gives us all a clue as to what direction he was heading musically.

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 8:05 AM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

come on... come on...
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 8:14 AM - Quote - Report!

hendrixfanatic

I mostly play just chords versions of his songs (Wind cries mary, Little wing, Bold as love), and of couse I know some intro's and riffs (Purple haze, Voodoo chile). I love the acoustic twelve string rendition of Hear my train a-comin', it makes me wonder about his MTV Unplugged (if he hadn't died, that is)... Have you seen the video of it? I mostly play just chords versions of his songs (Wind cries mary, Little wing, Bold as love), and of couse I know some intro's and riffs (Purple haze, Voodoo chile). I love the acoustic twelve string rendition of Hear my train a-comin', it makes me wonder about his MTV Unplugged (if he hadn't died, that is)... Have you seen the video of it?
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:51 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

Right now I'm presently learning how to play "Ain't no Telling" from Hendrix's album Axis: Bold As Love. Right now I'm presently learning how to play "Ain't no Telling" from Hendrix's album Axis: Bold As Love.
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 10:29 PM - Quote - Report!

zachmaniac

Yes hear my train a comin' acoustic is awesome, much better than the electric version at woodstock; as far as songs i play, i love little wing so unbelievebly much, im always playing it, adding my own instrumental verses like SRV. That, wind cries mary, and bold as love, i like his slow, smooth stuff better than his hard stuff. oh and red house, heh. Yes hear my train a comin' acoustic is awesome, much better than the electric version at woodstock; as far as songs i play, i love little wing so unbelievebly much, im always playing it, adding my own instrumental verses like SRV. That, wind cries mary, and bold as love, i like his slow, smooth stuff better than his hard stuff. oh and red house, heh.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 1:57 AM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

There's a red house over yonder babe....
Yr all awesome!!!!!!!
There's a red house over yonder babe....
Yr all awesome!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 9:44 AM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

i know her sister will... i know her sister will...
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 8:39 AM - Quote - Report!

JilaX^

Well, I know the intro and some licks and riffs from Voodo Child, and the Riffs to Purple Haze and All Along The Watchtower. When it comes to the solos I just try to feel his groove and improvise... Well, I know the intro and some licks and riffs from Voodo Child, and the Riffs to Purple Haze and All Along The Watchtower. When it comes to the solos I just try to feel his groove and improvise...
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 2:30 PM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

that's the best way dude! that's the best way dude!
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 2:35 AM - Quote - Report!

Tomhigton

Voodoo Child and Little Wing ( little wing solo is good to improvise to). Voodoo Child and Little Wing ( little wing solo is good to improvise to).
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 2:10 AM - Quote - Report!

smokeemcgee

the wind cries mary, purple haze, hey joe, foxey lady...and the most fun to play...c'mon (let the good times roll). i wanna learn freedom and many more. hendrix is simply amazing the wind cries mary, purple haze, hey joe, foxey lady...and the most fun to play...c'mon (let the good times roll). i wanna learn freedom and many more. hendrix is simply amazing
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 9:02 AM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

yes he is..!
JilaX^ wrote on Nov 30th, 2007 at 9:30am :
Well, I know the intro and some licks and riffs from Voodo Child, and the Riffs to Purple Haze and All Along The Watchtower. When it comes to the solos I just try to feel his groove and improvise...

Tomhigton wrote on Dec 10th, 2007 at 9:10pm :
Voodoo Child and Little Wing ( little wing solo is good to improvise to).

Voodoo chile is absoluitelt awesome to jam and improvise with.
yes he is..!
JilaX^ wrote on Nov 30th, 2007 at 9:30am :
Well, I know the intro and some licks and riffs from Voodo Child, and the Riffs to Purple Haze and All Along The Watchtower. When it comes to the solos I just try to feel his groove and improvise...

Tomhigton wrote on Dec 10th, 2007 at 9:10pm :
Voodoo Child and Little Wing ( little wing solo is good to improvise to).

Voodoo chile is absoluitelt awesome to jam and improvise with.
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 3:50 AM - Quote - Report!

sum_ugly_man

hendrix is completely amazing no one can actually play just the way he did but i try my best...its so hard though, right now i can play crosstown traffic, purple haze, hey joe, and parts or little wing...usually for the solo i improvise, thats what my buddy who loves hendrix suggested, it will help with my improvising skill, and i will be feeling the groove

R.I.P. Hendrix, your music will live for an eternity
hendrix is completely amazing no one can actually play just the way he did but i try my best...its so hard though, right now i can play crosstown traffic, purple haze, hey joe, and parts or little wing...usually for the solo i improvise, thats what my buddy who loves hendrix suggested, it will help with my improvising skill, and i will be feeling the groove

R.I.P. Hendrix, your music will live for an eternity
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 11:57 PM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

i play his stuff on my accoustic, now that is hard! Im thinking of down-tuning a half or whole-step for easier bends. i play his stuff on my accoustic, now that is hard! Im thinking of down-tuning a half or whole-step for easier bends.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 8:00 AM - Quote - Report!

JilaX^

Your playing it in Eb allready tho, right? Your playing it in Eb allready tho, right?
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 3:37 PM - Quote - Report!

GuitarBassDude

i'm working on Purple Haze and can play Crosstown Traffic on bass i'm working on Purple Haze and can play Crosstown Traffic on bass
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 9:43 PM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

JilaX^ wrote on Jan 4th, 2008 at 10:37am :
Your playing it in Eb allready tho, right?

No, i choose to play jimi in E standard, and just uploaded an accoustic version of Voodoo Chile. But i think i may have to.
GuitarBassDude wrote on Jan 5th, 2008 at 4:43pm :
i'm working on Purple Haze and can play Crosstown Traffic on bass

Both awesome hendrix tunes.
JilaX^ wrote on Jan 4th, 2008 at 10:37am :
Your playing it in Eb allready tho, right?

No, i choose to play jimi in E standard, and just uploaded an accoustic version of Voodoo Chile. But i think i may have to.
GuitarBassDude wrote on Jan 5th, 2008 at 4:43pm :
i'm working on Purple Haze and can play Crosstown Traffic on bass

Both awesome hendrix tunes.
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 8:27 AM - Quote - Report!

kippy6942

Little Wing...one of the most soul satisfying, heart melting songs to play and IMO Jimi's best (if you can even pick one).

Does anyone have a good tab for Bold as Love? I guess GW has a DVD done by Aledort that has all the songs off of Axis. Just wondering if he tabbed out Bold as Love, the one on UG is close but I don't think it's perfect.
Little Wing...one of the most soul satisfying, heart melting songs to play and IMO Jimi's best (if you can even pick one). Does anyone have a good tab for Bold as Love? I guess GW has a DVD done by Aledort that has all the songs off of Axis. Just wondering if he tabbed out Bold as Love, the one on UG is close but I don't think it's perfect.
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 4:45 PM - Quote - Report!

seth's daddy

Manic Depression, Red House, Purple Haze, Wind Cries Mary, Voodoo Chile, All Along the Watchtower, Who Knows, Changes, Fire, and a sort of jazz version of Little Wing. Manic Depression, Red House, Purple Haze, Wind Cries Mary, Voodoo Chile, All Along the Watchtower, Who Knows, Changes, Fire, and a sort of jazz version of Little Wing.
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:41 AM - Quote - Report!

--Roller--

Little Wing FTW!!

And also All Along the Watchtower, Hey Joe, Purple Haze and some random crappy versions of Voodoo Child.

But I have a question for u, people. When u're playing Voodoo Child, do u play it almost 100% correctly like Hendrix or do u like to improvise the song??
Little Wing FTW!! And also All Along the Watchtower, Hey Joe, Purple Haze and some random crappy versions of Voodoo Child. But I have a question for u, people. When u're playing Voodoo Child, do u play it almost 100% correctly like Hendrix or do u like to improvise the song??
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 4:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Riff Driven

I would have to say Little Wing, that song struck a nerve the first time I heard it, one of his shortest songs but it packs a heartfelt punch. Hear My Train a Comin' Acoustic is the only reason I bought a acoustic 12 string. But I can't think of a bad Hendrix song really, even the mans live mistakes were magic. I would have to say Little Wing, that song struck a nerve the first time I heard it, one of his shortest songs but it packs a heartfelt punch. Hear My Train a Comin' Acoustic is the only reason I bought a acoustic 12 string. But I can't think of a bad Hendrix song really, even the mans live mistakes were magic.
Posted: May 9, 2010 4:52 PM - Quote - Report!

zwenny

I've begun with "Hey Joe" and written out a personal version.
Later i didn't get "Villanova Junction" out of my head and these
days i'm paying "Little Wing". I've heard the live version from
"Live at the Royal Albert Hal" and was so much impressed that
i needed to play it although i will never can play it like him...
I've begun with "Hey Joe" and written out a personal version.
Later i didn't get "Villanova Junction" out of my head and these
days i'm paying "Little Wing". I've heard the live version from
"Live at the Royal Albert Hal" and was so much impressed that
i needed to play it although i will never can play it like him...
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 3:09 PM - Quote - Report!

tortilla

i can play begginings, freedom, villanova junction , come on (let the good times roll), in from the storm, fire, foxy lady i can play begginings, freedom, villanova junction , come on (let the good times roll), in from the storm, fire, foxy lady
Posted: Jan 15, 2011 10:08 AM - Quote - Report!

mrepooh

Jebus, theres so many songs to play. I'll include the songs my band and I can play: "Hey Joe, little wing, voodoo chile (slight return), manic depression, wind crys mary, castles made of sand, red house, here he comes, all along the watch tower.. To many songs to play. Jimi rocks, but jimi songs should be played as a band. Jebus, theres so many songs to play. I'll include the songs my band and I can play: "Hey Joe, little wing, voodoo chile (slight return), manic depression, wind crys mary, castles made of sand, red house, here he comes, all along the watch tower.. To many songs to play. Jimi rocks, but jimi songs should be played as a band.
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 4:14 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand