music fans!!!!!!!

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Inspiring Bands

Chris Buono

OK, so let's hear it--who is the band that helps define your life? The band that made you want to play, the band that comforts you in times of despair, the band who soundtracks the best times of your life. :headbang:

Mine? Shit, where do I start?! :D

Led Zeppelin - I first heard Physical Grafitti in the crib and I've haven't stopped listening since.

Miles Davis Quintet - both versions--the one with 'Trane and the one with Wayne.

Van Halen - I play the guitar because of this band. Eddie is the fuckin man. Long live the king.

Yes - I play guitar first and foremost because of Steve Howe. My older brothers are massive Yes fans and I had the opportunity of a lifetime to take them backstage when one of my old college buddies, Tom Brislin, GOT THE GIG. He was the keyboradist for the Summer Symphonic Tour--it was surreal. :cool:

Chick Corea Electrik Band - The Eye of the Beholder lineup was devastating with Gambale, Pattitucci, Weckl, and Marienthal in the fold.

Rush - The original math metal. If you're a kid from the 80's, you'd understand.

Screaming Headless Torsos - I play and write music the way I do because of this band. Period. I've been lucky enough to have worked with almost every signiicant member in my career. Something I will take to the grave with a smile. ;)

ALL - THIS was the soundtrack of my high school years. Steven Egerton is an overlooked, under-rated mastermind on guitar.

Run DMC - Seriously. Rap is not what it was, but it has it's moments and these guys are one of the pioneers. It was a great time to be a kid with a sheet of cardboard and a boombox in NJ in the early 80s. More on that later.

Metallica - The first four albums changed the planet.

Helmet - The one band I would play with for free for the rest of my life.

Outta time :cry: ... maybe some more later, gotta go ... :dance:

OK, so let's hear it--who is the band that helps define your life? The band that made you want to play, the band that comforts you in times of despair, the band who soundtracks the best times of your life. :headbang:

Mine? Shit, where do I start?! :D

Led Zeppelin - I first heard Physical Grafitti in the crib and I've haven't stopped listening since.

Miles Davis Quintet - both versions--the one with 'Trane and the one with Wayne.

Van Halen - I play the guitar because of this band. Eddie is the fuckin man. Long live the king.

Yes - I play guitar first and foremost because of Steve Howe. My older brothers are massive Yes fans and I had the opportunity of a lifetime to take them backstage when one of my old college buddies, Tom Brislin, GOT THE GIG. He was the keyboradist for the Summer Symphonic Tour--it was surreal. :cool:

Chick Corea Electrik Band - The Eye of the Beholder lineup was devastating with Gambale, Pattitucci, Weckl, and Marienthal in the fold.

Rush - The original math metal. If you're a kid from the 80's, you'd understand.

Screaming Headless Torsos - I play and write music the way I do because of this band. Period. I've been lucky enough to have worked with almost every signiicant member in my career. Something I will take to the grave with a smile. ;)

ALL - THIS was the soundtrack of my high school years. Steven Egerton is an overlooked, under-rated mastermind on guitar.

Run DMC - Seriously. Rap is not what it was, but it has it's moments and these guys are one of the pioneers. It was a great time to be a kid with a sheet of cardboard and a boombox in NJ in the early 80s. More on that later.

Metallica - The first four albums changed the planet.

Helmet - The one band I would play with for free for the rest of my life.

Outta time :cry:  ... maybe some more later, gotta go ... :dance:

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 1:08 AM - Quote - Report!

bassnguitar

TOOL ~ the Best damn band to grace this earth...............

Dream Theater is also a HUGE influence on me.

And finally, Rage Against The Machine is another great inspiration to me.
TOOL ~ the Best damn band to grace this earth...............

Dream Theater is also a HUGE influence on me.

And finally, Rage Against The Machine is another great inspiration to me.
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 5:20 AM - Quote - Report!

The Spoon

Protest The Hero - They wrote Kezia in high school...they were determined to play those guitar parts and they learned until they got it...amazing band
The Fall of Troy- Just got into these guys...theres only three of them and they manage to sound better than bands with 2 or more guitars.
MCR - Hell yes, i dont give a fuck if you hate them, they inspire me.
NIN - Well...its NIN
Rage Against The Machine - Awesome guitarwork and the rapping is awesome.Rise Against - I saw them live and had never heard them before. After the show i checked out Siren Song and The Sufferer and fell in love

and thats all i can think of right now
Protest The Hero - They wrote Kezia in high school...they were determined to play those guitar parts and they learned until they got it...amazing band
The Fall of Troy- Just got into these guys...theres only three of them and they manage to sound better than bands with 2 or more guitars.
MCR - Hell yes, i dont give a fuck if you hate them, they inspire me.
NIN - Well...its NIN
Rage Against The Machine - Awesome guitarwork and the rapping is awesome.Rise Against - I saw them live and had never heard them before. After the show i checked out Siren Song and The Sufferer and fell in love

and thats all i can think of right now
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 9:37 PM - Quote - Report!

Snowblind 911

Not all these bands still influence me now - but;

MCR - Yeah, they were/are still the only 'emo' music, not that I really think it is emo, but whatever, that i listen to. Awesome to listen to when i was feeling down a few months ago.

Dave Matthews Band - they're just incredible. Such beautiful musicmanship, and chemistry.

SOAD - First band I really ever got into. So awesome, they got me into Metal, and all music really... and that's why I started playing guitar. :)

Stone Sour - Actually, just Zzyzx Rd. That song connects to me on so many levels, I will NEVER get sick of it... although it makes me sad to listen to it.

Etc Etc... i'll add more later probs... but for now... eh.
Not all these bands still influence me now - but;

MCR - Yeah, they were/are still the only 'emo' music, not that I really think it is emo, but whatever, that i listen to. Awesome to listen to when i was feeling down a few months ago.

Dave Matthews Band - they're just incredible. Such beautiful musicmanship, and chemistry.

SOAD - First band I really ever got into. So awesome, they got me into Metal, and all music really... and that's why I started playing guitar. :)

Stone Sour - Actually, just Zzyzx Rd. That song connects to me on so many levels, I will NEVER get sick of it... although it makes me sad to listen to it.

Etc Etc... i'll add more later probs... but for now... eh.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 7:22 AM - Quote - Report!

shredderdelight

Metallica got me into guitar.
Joe Satriani inspires me to practise harder QOTSA, Radiohead and Led Zeppelin inspire me creatively on the guitar.These bands are responcible for the guitarist I am today.
Metallica got me into guitar.
Joe Satriani inspires me to practise harder QOTSA, Radiohead and Led Zeppelin inspire me creatively on the guitar.These bands are responcible for the guitarist I am today.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 6:17 PM - Quote - Report!

RHCP94

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Just pure amazing. So incredibly diverse that no one can catch up. Every member is just absolutely dominating, and the chemistry and friendship they have is so unique.
Beck-Really taught me to experiment more
Sonic Youth- Same as Beck. They also inspired the whole alternative movement, which is remarkable in itself.
A Tribe Called Quest- Got me into rap
Stooges-So much pure energy and power.
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Just pure amazing. So incredibly diverse that no one can catch up. Every member is just absolutely dominating, and the chemistry and friendship they have is so unique.
Beck-Really taught me to experiment more
Sonic Youth- Same as Beck. They also inspired the whole alternative movement, which is remarkable in itself.
A Tribe Called Quest- Got me into rap
Stooges-So much pure energy and power.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:40 PM - Quote - Report!

Serial 177

Westlife got me into music :p i cant believe it myself.. then avril lavigne- i still enjoy her music.. dont give a shit wat you saylinkin park got me to play guitar 4 years ago.. then i was all over.. blink 182, seether, sum 41, good charlotte, all american rejects! american hifi, creed, crazy town, evanescence.. green day, nickelback, P.O.D. simple plan, switchfoot, limp bizkit, incubus, kelly clarkson, hoobastank and 3 doors down.. some off them i still play..now im into slipknot, killswich engage, underoath, bullet for my valentine, system of a down, stone sour, staind, the red jumpsuit apparatus, 30 seconds to mars, lordi, lamb of god, drowning pool, and wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more..

and to think it all started at westlife:wtf:
Westlife got me into music :p i cant believe it myself.. then avril lavigne- i still enjoy her music.. dont give a shit wat you saylinkin park got me to play guitar 4 years ago.. then i was all over.. blink 182, seether, sum 41, good charlotte, all american rejects! american hifi, creed, crazy town, evanescence.. green day, nickelback, P.O.D. simple plan, switchfoot, limp bizkit, incubus, kelly clarkson, hoobastank and 3 doors down.. some off them i still play..now im into slipknot, killswich engage, underoath, bullet for my valentine, system of a down, stone sour, staind, the red jumpsuit apparatus, 30 seconds to mars, lordi, lamb of god, drowning pool, and wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more..

and to think it all started at westlife:wtf:
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 12:29 PM - Quote - Report!

punk man dude

Green day cus they have some great riffs

Mcr cus they have a wiked singer and solos

30 Seconds to mars Cus they have a great singer and r all around great
Green day cus they have some great riffs

Mcr cus they have a wiked singer and solos

30 Seconds to mars Cus they have a great singer and r all around great
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 7:18 PM - Quote - Report!

Dude5000

Disturbed - The first real music that I had a huge intrest in

Theres others....but I just want this in for now
Disturbed - The first real music that I had a huge intrest in

Theres others....but I just want this in for now
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 8:49 PM - Quote - Report!

musiccrave1028

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Paige is the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place.
Also Black Label Society rocks.
Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Paige is the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place.
Also Black Label Society rocks.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 9:22 PM - Quote - Report!

padgea7x

BFMV,A7X nd Dragonforce amde me wanna learn guitar
MCR,A7X,BFMV,Dragonforce,Atreyu,Killswitch Engage and tones more are my inspirations bt the 1s that i mentioned are my main inspirations
BFMV,A7X nd Dragonforce amde me wanna learn guitar
MCR,A7X,BFMV,Dragonforce,Atreyu,Killswitch Engage and tones more are my inspirations bt the 1s that i mentioned are my main inspirations
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 5:37 PM - Quote - Report!

joosy97*

Rise Against and AC/DC Rise Against and AC/DC
Posted: Apr 2, 2013 1:51 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand