Metalliance

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

SG or Les paul

sgman14

Every on knows that the les paul and the sg are both classic and have influences the world of rock. Which do you like better:down: Every on knows that the les paul and the sg are both classic and have influences the world of rock. Which do you like better:down:
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 5:47 PM - Quote - Report!

konigstiger

hmmm probably the SG, better fret access..... i dunno, i just have something against les pauls due to their popularity... hmmm probably the SG, better fret access..... i dunno, i just have something against les pauls due to their popularity...
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 8:14 PM - Quote - Report!

fretmaster5000

SG definatly SG definatly
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 9:59 PM - Quote - Report!

TreyJ

SG completely SG completely
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 8:32 PM - Quote - Report!

TreyJ

Only because iommi uses one Only because iommi uses one
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 8:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Dead_End

egh hard to say, i like both, but i'd also agree on the SG as being the better guitar egh hard to say, i like both, but i'd also agree on the SG as being the better guitar
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 5:20 AM - Quote - Report!

SixStringSavior

les paul has amazing tone and resonance...but i'd choose the sg because its lighter, looks sick as hell and its got fret access. les paul has amazing tone and resonance...but i'd choose the sg because its lighter, looks sick as hell and its got fret access.
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 3:23 AM - Quote - Report!

UGJason

I guess I'll be the first to say Les Paul.
I've compared the two and it just seems like the SG doesnt compete.
I guess I'll be the first to say Les Paul.
I've compared the two and it just seems like the SG doesnt compete.
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 2:55 AM - Quote - Report!

CapnKickass

Double cut-away Les Paul, those are cool. Double cut-away Les Paul, those are cool.
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 9:33 PM - Quote - Report!

metalgirl0

Les Paul. Les Paul.
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 10:17 PM - Quote - Report!

bucketbots

les paul absf**kinglutley les paul absf**kinglutley
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 4:01 PM - Quote - Report!

TR_Explosivo

sg, i have no good reason, i just like the looks better. they both rock... sg, i have no good reason, i just like the looks better. they both rock...
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:25 AM - Quote - Report!

RockstarGG

the SG. I don't really like either but I dislike the Les Paul. It's just to ordinary and boring. It's so used up too. I don't know why so many people are like "wow a Les Paul!" It really annoys me. the SG. I don't really like either but I dislike the Les Paul. It's just to ordinary and boring. It's so used up too. I don't know why so many people are like "wow a Les Paul!" It really annoys me.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 10:05 PM - Quote - Report!

heretic1989

the Les Paul is i gourgous and the SG is pretty unique but i like the way the Les Paul Looks i wouldnt mind having one but the SG is not on my list the Les Paul is i gourgous and the SG is pretty unique but i like the way the Les Paul Looks i wouldnt mind having one but the SG is not on my list
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 4:00 PM - Quote - Report!

killee13

sg all the way man sg all the way man
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:10 AM - Quote - Report!

musiccrave1028

I say SG I say SG
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 1:45 AM - Quote - Report!

metalisbest

Les Paul has a great sound, dual humbuckers standerd, and it is wicked heavy (I wanna say about 10 pounds for a really good one). The SG is light, decent sound, cheaper, looks cool, not dual humbuckers standerd, and does anyone know that the SG actually started as a Les Paul with just that secound cutaway? So weather or not you like Les Paul's or SG's your basically comparing the same guitar, just different styles. No matter what I still love the SG, bcs I feel that its changes over the years have made it play better and you can deal with it better during shows. SG ALL THE WAY! Les Paul has a great sound, dual humbuckers standerd, and it is wicked heavy (I wanna say about 10 pounds for a really good one). The SG is light, decent sound, cheaper, looks cool, not dual humbuckers standerd, and does anyone know that the SG actually started as a Les Paul with just that secound cutaway? So weather or not you like Les Paul's or SG's your basically comparing the same guitar, just different styles. No matter what I still love the SG, bcs I feel that its changes over the years have made it play better and you can deal with it better during shows. SG ALL THE WAY!
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 7:44 PM - Quote - Report!

oneblackened

metalgirl0 wrote on Feb 6th, 2008 at 5:17pm :
Les Paul.

+1
metalgirl0 wrote on Feb 6th, 2008 at 5:17pm :
Les Paul.

+1
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 11:49 PM - Quote - Report!

iplaydabass

Les Paul all the way for me. SGs are still cool though and have an interesting sound, but a Les Paul seems more practical to me. Les Paul all the way for me. SGs are still cool though and have an interesting sound, but a Les Paul seems more practical to me.
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 3:43 AM - Quote - Report!

Metallica-fan

I prefer the SG because it is lighter and unlike any Les Paul I've handled SG can actually have a wammy bar. I still love Les Pauls thoe. I prefer the SG because it is lighter and unlike any Les Paul I've handled SG can actually have a wammy bar. I still love Les Pauls thoe.
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 12:47 AM - Quote - Report!

slayer-fan77

Probably SG's. They are light and easy to handle with great fretability. ( For those of you wondering, I just coined the term "Fretability" like ten seconds ago) Still, I have a Paul and it is one of my Favorite kinds of guitar, but i think SG's May be more efficient. Probably SG's. They are light and easy to handle with great fretability. ( For those of you wondering, I just coined the term "Fretability" like ten seconds ago) Still, I have a Paul and it is one of my Favorite kinds of guitar, but i think SG's May be more efficient.
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 2:32 PM - Quote - Report!

zeppdc

i dont really no i like the les paul because of its sound but i love the sg because of its looks.Id probably say the sg i dont really no i like the les paul because of its sound but i love the sg because of its looks.Id probably say the sg
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 8:27 AM - Quote - Report!

jackleigh918

Les Paul all the way. Even the double cutaways are really nice. Les Paul all the way. Even the double cutaways are really nice.
Posted: Jul 8, 2018 9:44 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand