Metalliance

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

What tuning do you use the most?

SixStringSavior

what guitar tuning do you use the most when ou play or write songs on guitar or bass. Standard,Drop D,Drop C, or other. (if other specify what tuning you use.)

I tend to use standard and drop d the most. overall i use standard the most though because its the easist to play chords and such.

how about you?
what guitar tuning do you use the most when ou play or write songs on guitar or bass. Standard,Drop D,Drop C, or other. (if other specify what tuning you use.)

I tend to use standard and drop d the most. overall i use standard the most though because its the easist to play chords and such.

how about you?
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 4:59 AM - Quote - Report!

Silky Smooth

Standard and E flat 99% of the time

I'll drop D once in a great great while
Standard and E flat 99% of the time

I'll drop D once in a great great while
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 12:04 PM - Quote - Report!

fretmaster5000

I use Drop D mostly its the only one i kno except for e standard. it's the tuning u use 2 play laid to rest and beast and the harlot I use Drop D mostly its the only one i kno except for e standard. it's the tuning u use 2 play laid to rest and beast and the harlot
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 6:54 PM - Quote - Report!

SixStringSavior

fretmaster5000 wrote on Sep 4th, 2007 at 1:54pm :
I use Drop D mostly its the only one i kno except for e standard. it's the tuning u use 2 play laid to rest and beast and the harlot

yup, the only avenged sevenfold song that isnt in drop D tuning is "sieze the day". my band did a cover of bat country.
fretmaster5000 wrote on Sep 4th, 2007 at 1:54pm :
I use Drop D mostly its the only one i kno except for e standard. it's the tuning u use 2 play laid to rest and beast and the harlot

yup, the only avenged sevenfold song that isnt in drop D tuning is "sieze the day". my band did a cover of bat country.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 8:13 PM - Quote - Report!

Shortay

E Standard, E Flat as well as the odd D Standard and Drop D E Standard, E Flat as well as the odd D Standard and Drop D
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:07 PM - Quote - Report!

metalisbest

Im in drop C 75% of the time, standerd 20% of the time, and B 15% of the time... I Rarely go to D since most of the good metal is standerd... such as metallica, and I love the deep sound of Drop C... in B everthing I play just has a eerie sound that I love as well. Im in drop C 75% of the time, standerd 20% of the time, and B 15% of the time... I Rarely go to D since most of the good metal is standerd... such as metallica, and I love the deep sound of Drop C... in B everthing I play just has a eerie sound that I love as well.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 11:03 PM - Quote - Report!

metalgirl0

I mostly use standard E, some times i go on drop d and open c I mostly use standard E, some times i go on drop d and open c
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 12:37 AM - Quote - Report!

monkeyboyjr

I used to only play Standard and every now and then go for Drop D or C, but i'm using Drop C alot more. I used to only play Standard and every now and then go for Drop D or C, but i'm using Drop C alot more.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 1:32 AM - Quote - Report!

SixStringSavior

awesome. i just bought a really nice chromatic tuner and ive been trying alot of funky tunings latly. awesome. i just bought a really nice chromatic tuner and ive been trying alot of funky tunings latly.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 5:33 AM - Quote - Report!

guitarlegend123

I mainly use Standard E and Drop D I mainly use Standard E and Drop D
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 10:19 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_Rich

Standard. Standard.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 2:42 PM - Quote - Report!

konigstiger

E flat 95% of the time and drop D flat the rest E flat 95% of the time and drop D flat the rest
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 3:18 AM - Quote - Report!

fretmaster5000

THERE"S MORE THAN ONE TUNING!?!?!? I"VE BEEN PLAYING 4 3 YEARS AND I ONLY KNOW 2!!!! THERE"S MORE THAN ONE TUNING!?!?!? I"VE BEEN PLAYING 4 3 YEARS AND I ONLY KNOW 2!!!!
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 9:01 PM - Quote - Report!

CapnKickass

I constantly switch back and forth between standard and drop D right now I'm in E flat sometimes i'll go to drop C, sometimes I tune the top 3 strings to drop C but leave the bottom three in standard so I get all the high and low notes... I constantly switch back and forth between standard and drop D right now I'm in E flat sometimes i'll go to drop C, sometimes I tune the top 3 strings to drop C but leave the bottom three in standard so I get all the high and low notes...
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:35 AM - Quote - Report!

SixStringSavior

fretmaster5000 wrote on Sep 6th, 2007 at 4:01pm :
THERE"S MORE THAN ONE TUNING!?!?!? I"VE BEEN PLAYING 4 3 YEARS AND I ONLY KNOW 2!!!!

hahha your jokeing right? i hope so..ehh
THERE"S MORE THAN ONE TUNING!?!?!? I"VE BEEN PLAYING 4 3 YEARS AND I ONLY KNOW 2!!!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2007 5:46 AM - Quote - Report!

lambofgod40

i usually use standard and drop d but for about a month i was using c standard and drop b i usually use standard and drop d but for about a month i was using c standard and drop b
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 11:01 PM - Quote - Report!

BassB3ast123

i usually stick with drop d or standard tuning i usually stick with drop d or standard tuning
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 7:33 PM - Quote - Report!

fretmaster5000

SixStringSavior wrote on Sep 7th, 2007 at 12:46am :
sadly no
sadly no
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 9:04 PM - Quote - Report!

SixStringSavior

fretmaster5000 wrote on Sep 9th, 2007 at 4:04pm :
sadly no

but a while ago you said you used standard AND drop D.
fretmaster5000 wrote on Sep 9th, 2007 at 4:04pm :
sadly no

but a while ago you said you used standard AND drop D.
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 9:19 PM - Quote - Report!

p o e

1 step down (d standard), drop C, standard, or drop D 1 step down (d standard), drop C, standard, or drop D
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 4:55 AM - Quote - Report!

GNRrocka

I'm pretty much 45% Drop D and 50% standard then 5% half step for guns n roses I'm pretty much 45% Drop D and 50% standard then 5% half step for guns n roses
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 1:51 AM - Quote - Report!

petrucci_owns86

B-E-A-D-F#-B (aka down 3 steps)

yes its on a six string

its mega heavy. i use it for dream theater and other super heavy stuff.

i use standard, drop d, or down a whole step the rest of the time.
B-E-A-D-F#-B (aka down 3 steps)

yes its on a six string

its mega heavy. i use it for dream theater and other super heavy stuff.

i use standard, drop d, or down a whole step the rest of the time.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 3:44 AM - Quote - Report!

dimebag148

i don't know if this makes since but my style of playing is the E,A,d strings are drop d and the G,b,e strings are drop c. but i also play in standered, drop d, drop c, and i use to play in drop b i don't know if this makes since but my style of playing is the E,A,d strings are drop d and the G,b,e strings are drop c. but i also play in standered, drop d, drop c, and i use to play in drop b
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 7:05 PM - Quote - Report!

thorn rich

I like to use Drop C...:) I like to use Drop C...:)
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 6:46 PM - Quote - Report!

Jmac5

Standard, Drop D, Drop C, Drop B even for some Slipknot etc, Open C, half a step down for GNR, and that's about it. Standard, Drop D, Drop C, Drop B even for some Slipknot etc, Open C, half a step down for GNR, and that's about it.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:28 PM - Quote - Report!

SixStringSavior

nice. ive been messing around with droped tunings on my sevenstring..but thats just freakin overkill. lol nice. ive been messing around with droped tunings on my sevenstring..but thats just freakin overkill. lol
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 8:08 PM - Quote - Report!

Metalx666xFreak

I always use standard Tuning ^^
Sometimes Drop D when I feel to play more stomping...
And Fretmaster, I play 3 month and even I already encountert like 4-5 tunings
xD xD xD xD xD
I always use standard Tuning ^^
Sometimes Drop D when I feel to play more stomping...
And Fretmaster, I play 3 month and even I already encountert like 4-5 tunings
xD xD xD xD xD
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 12:56 PM - Quote - Report!

cjwiehaus

standard, drop d for bat country and the likes, and drop c for like sweet amber standard, drop d for bat country and the likes, and drop c for like sweet amber
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 11:23 PM - Quote - Report!

iforgotmyname

Drop d. Because rammstein rules (there are way better bands, but R+ has easy songs). Drop d. Because rammstein rules (there are way better bands, but R+ has easy songs).
Posted: Nov 23, 2007 2:46 PM - Quote - Report!

musiccrave1028

Standard, drop D, and down a whole step. Sometimes I do a cool tuning which is
Dropped C string on d here is how it goes.
Low e- D
a-a
d-f
g-c
b-g
high e- c
for some songs I make up on my own it sounds really cool. I was just messin around one day and made this tuning. Try it!
Standard, drop D, and down a whole step. Sometimes I do a cool tuning which is
Dropped C string on d here is how it goes.
Low e- D
a-a
d-f
g-c
b-g
high e- c
for some songs I make up on my own it sounds really cool. I was just messin around one day and made this tuning. Try it!
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 10:05 PM - Quote - Report!

kkimm07

eb and c# eb and c#
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 2:07 AM - Quote - Report!

GH JAMES

standard and drop D standard and drop D
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 8:18 PM - Quote - Report!

bucketbots

standard and half tunning standard and half tunning
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 4:03 PM - Quote - Report!

MetalheadA7X

C standard
B standard (7 string)
Drop C
C standard
B standard (7 string)
Drop C
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 4:37 PM - Quote - Report!

Metallica-fan

I use standard probibly 80% of the time.
Dropped D 15% percent of the time and
Dropped C about 5% of the time.
I use standard probibly 80% of the time.
Dropped D 15% percent of the time and
Dropped C about 5% of the time.
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 12:51 AM - Quote - Report!

slayer-fan77

Standard probably 80% of the time and Drop D 20% of the time. Standard probably 80% of the time and Drop D 20% of the time.
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 2:35 PM - Quote - Report!

METAL MILITIA1

drop C about 50% D standard 25% and E standard and E flat about 25% drop C about 50% D standard 25% and E standard and E flat about 25%
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 4:54 AM - Quote - Report!

zeppdc

standard and d modal tuning standard and d modal tuning
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 8:23 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand