The League Of Guitarists

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

8-string VS 7-sting?!

_-Joey-_

Hey all! :)

I was wondering what everyones views were on 8-strings & 7-strings??

& also, for my next guitar I wanting a 7-string & have done for a while, but I've recently started listening to Divine Heresy & wouldn't mind an 8-string too!
So I'm curious whether I should get an 8-string now, or get a 7-string now & then get a 8-string sometime in the future, anyway....

Thoughts??
Hey all! :)

I was wondering what everyones views were on 8-strings & 7-strings??

& also, for my next guitar I wanting a 7-string & have done for a while, but I've recently started listening to Divine Heresy & wouldn't mind an 8-string too!
So I'm curious whether I should get an 8-string now, or get a 7-string now & then get a 8-string sometime in the future, anyway....

Thoughts??
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 6:16 PM - Quote - Report!

valennic

You could get an 8 string for the lower songs, and still have the seven for the others you know.

I would go for the eight if I were you. I dont like em, but that would be better for your needs. I'm gettin me a seven string Ibanez Xiphos :liplick:
You could get an 8 string for the lower songs, and still have the seven for the others you know.

I would go for the eight if I were you. I dont like em, but that would be better for your needs. I'm gettin me a seven string Ibanez Xiphos :liplick:
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 6:30 PM - Quote - Report!

_-Joey-_

I was thinking about that Ibanez too, but I've decided on getting the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser instead!
& for now I think I'll stick with a 7-string... mainly cos I have no idea where to find an 8-string anywhere lol
but I'll probably get one sometime in the future

But I still wanna hear peoples thoughts & opinions on them :)
I was thinking about that Ibanez too, but I've decided on getting the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser instead!
& for now I think I'll stick with a 7-string... mainly cos I have no idea where to find an 8-string anywhere lol
but I'll probably get one sometime in the future

But I still wanna hear peoples thoughts & opinions on them :)
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 6:48 PM - Quote - Report!

valennic

I think Agile makes an 8, I'll ask someone I know about it.

Schecter's are very nice, sadly the only one of their seven strings I managed to play was poorly set up and out of tune. :(
I think Agile makes an 8, I'll ask someone I know about it.

Schecter's are very nice, sadly the only one of their seven strings I managed to play was poorly set up and out of tune. :(
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 2:10 AM - Quote - Report!

zaviexavier

8 String has a better gauge 8 String has a better gauge
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 4:04 AM - Quote - Report!

Le_Meow117

i dont know anything about this issue i dont know anything about this issue
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 1:23 PM - Quote - Report!

Bonsaischaap

Ibanez has the RG2228; it's well made and not too expensive.

If you want to get something a little cheaper, you could try the 8 string LTD models.

If you want to pay even less, Agile might be the way to go:

this was part of the first run, going for 650$. Though it's sold out now, there's a good chance a bigger second run will arrive in the semi-near future
Ibanez has the RG2228; it's well made and not too expensive.

If you want to get something a little cheaper, you could try the 8 string LTD models.

If you want to pay even less, Agile might be the way to go:

this was part of the first run, going for 650$. Though it's sold out now, there's a good chance a bigger second run will arrive in the semi-near future
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 1:10 PM - Quote - Report!

valennic

:eek:

*creams self*

Holy shit. That guitar is gorgeous.

I want it.
:eek:

*creams self*

Holy shit. That guitar is gorgeous.

I want it.
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 4:50 AM - Quote - Report!

Drome371

haha

idk, i haven't really played either, but that 8 string does look sexay...
haha

idk, i haven't really played either, but that 8 string does look sexay...
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 1:50 AM - Quote - Report!

_-Joey-_

as my birthday draws nearer i have to think which i want more, 7 or 8...
if i get an 8-string that Agile will probably be the only one i can really afford...
if i get the 7-string then it'll probably be a Schecter C-7 either Hellraiser or Blackjack...

anyone care to give opinions??
as my birthday draws nearer i have to think which i want more, 7 or 8...
if i get an 8-string that Agile will probably be the only one i can really afford...
if i get the 7-string then it'll probably be a Schecter C-7 either Hellraiser or Blackjack...

anyone care to give opinions??
Posted: Oct 25, 2008 8:15 PM - Quote - Report!

valennic

Ibanez Xiphos if you want thin and fast, and if you look REALLY hard on e-bay or elsewhere, Washburn used to make a VERY nice 7 stringer for VERY cheap. Like, under 200 dollars. All you'd have to do is change the bridge pup, and you've got one hell of a guitar.

For an eight stringer, the agile up there is your best bet.
Ibanez Xiphos if you want thin and fast, and if you look REALLY hard on e-bay or elsewhere, Washburn used to make a VERY nice 7 stringer for VERY cheap. Like, under 200 dollars. All you'd have to do is change the bridge pup, and you've got one hell of a guitar.

For an eight stringer, the agile up there is your best bet.
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 2:39 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand