The League Of Guitarists

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

What is a guitar for you?

karanggusi

I would say - It's my escape.
Coz sometime we don't know why, we just play.
Describe yours..
I would say - It's my escape.
Coz sometime we don't know why, we just play.
Describe yours..
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 9:45 PM - Quote - Report!

KOxSENSAI

my guitar to me is a symbol of all the stupid and fun stuff i do ...................cheesy eh my guitar to me is a symbol of all the stupid and fun stuff i do ...................cheesy eh
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:42 PM - Quote - Report!

valennic

It's my escape, my only passion that will never let me down.

For me, it's the only way to just let my emotions reign free.....
It's my escape, my only passion that will never let me down.

For me, it's the only way to just let my emotions reign free.....
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 2:45 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal Maggo

I can express my feelings, with my guitar! I can express my feelings, with my guitar!
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 3:07 PM - Quote - Report!

surbus

Its my entertainment when ive lost my tv remote Its my entertainment when ive lost my tv remote
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 8:32 PM - Quote - Report!

Izzy_Bryce

It's everything I stand for, pretty much. I've dedicated my guitar playing to God so He would guide me through the good and bad with my band. Without God my guitar is useless. An empty guitar can still get ppl far, but not far enough. It's everything I stand for, pretty much. I've dedicated my guitar playing to God so He would guide me through the good and bad with my band. Without God my guitar is useless. An empty guitar can still get ppl far, but not far enough.
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 3:38 PM - Quote - Report!

axegod in makin

My guitar is the only thing that never fails to cheer me up. Apart from cheese butties. mmmmmmm....... cheese butties My guitar is the only thing that never fails to cheer me up. Apart from cheese butties. mmmmmmm....... cheese butties
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 10:29 PM - Quote - Report!

kattaway96

a weapon of mass badassness a weapon of mass badassness
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 3:47 PM - Quote - Report!

Sickhick

Better than people! But it's kinda the thing that keeps me away from suicide; I know that sounds cheesy. [b]Better than people![/b] But it's kinda the thing that keeps me away from suicide; I know that sounds cheesy.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 9:39 AM - Quote - Report!

J. Netts

The only thing I can do decently right handed.lol Its a good tool for flirting. Above all, its the most peaceful part of me. The only thing I can do decently right handed.lol Its a good tool for flirting. Above all, its the most peaceful part of me.
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 5:31 AM - Quote - Report!

asfastasdark

A way to express myself and explore new regions of the mind >.>. A way to express myself and explore new regions of the mind >.>.
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 7:00 PM - Quote - Report!

wetrx95

It is my getaway. When I play, all my worries in life disappear so I can focus on the moment. However, it's great to be able to pick it up and wail when I'm really pissed. Punching pillows only goes so far. It is my getaway. When I play, all my worries in life disappear so I can focus on the moment. However, it's great to be able to pick it up and wail when I'm really pissed. Punching pillows only goes so far.
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 3:56 AM - Quote - Report!

eVAN_HALEN3

its something that i have that will never leave me/let me down/or go away.
its the escence of being able to write something that describes how you feel and how you live as a person and express it to the world (or at least your world), its being different and yet the same as so many others.
its more than just playing guitar, its a way to escape this crap world that i live in and discover myself.
its something that i have that will never leave me/let me down/or go away. its the escence of being able to write something that describes how you feel and how you live as a person and express it to the world (or at least your world), its being different and yet the same as so many others. its more than just playing guitar, its a way to escape this crap world that i live in and discover myself.
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 1:27 AM - Quote - Report!

dyllan93

to me it's a way to relieve tension and stress. any problems i have can be solved by just picking up a guitar and playing a few random chords. to me it's a way to relieve tension and stress. any problems i have can be solved by just picking up a guitar and playing a few random chords.
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

DIV ON!

Its My LIFE and EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its My LIFE and EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 1:35 PM - Quote - Report!

BoneBroke

TO FLY!~!! TO FLY!~!!
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 12:58 AM - Quote - Report!

FrustratedRocka

The only thing standing between me and total depression. My emotional heat sink. My drug of choice. The only thing standing between me and total depression. My emotional heat sink. My drug of choice.
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 1:12 AM - Quote - Report!

kameleus

Way to express myself. Way to express myself.
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 2:47 AM - Quote - Report!

delta777

It's my life, moving your fingers across the fretboard and bending strings it's so sweet, there're no words to describe it. It always cheers me up, when I'm down I star playing some slow songs, but after 2 or 3 songs, I start playing AC/DC (for those about to rock), Deep Purple (Smoke on the water), etc. Once I told my father: "I don't care about having a car soon, I prefer that Les paul!!!" (sadly I didn't get that les paul), 6 months later I saw a very nice guitar (then I found it was a Joe Satriani model), and I got it for xmas It's my life, moving your fingers across the fretboard and bending strings it's so sweet, there're no words to describe it. It always cheers me up, when I'm down I star playing some slow songs, but after 2 or 3 songs, I start playing AC/DC (for those about to rock), Deep Purple (Smoke on the water), etc. Once I told my father: "I don't care about having a car soon, I prefer that Les paul!!!" (sadly I didn't get that les paul), 6 months later I saw a very nice guitar (then I found it was a Joe Satriani model), and I got it for xmas
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 9:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Opethanized

Izzy_Bryce wrote on Oct 21st, 2008 at 10:38am :
It's everything I stand for, pretty much. I've dedicated my guitar playing to God so He would guide me through the good and bad with my band. Without God my guitar is useless. An empty guitar can still get ppl far, but not far enough.

I agree. :)
[QUOTE u='Izzy_Bryce' d='2008-10-21 10:38:54']It's everything I stand for, pretty much. I've dedicated my guitar playing to God so He would guide me through the good and bad with my band. Without God my guitar is useless. An empty guitar can still get ppl far, but not far enough.[/QUOTE] I agree. :)
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 7:03 AM - Quote - Report!

SHREDDER_DUDE:)

Its a pathway out of reality. I can just express myself however I want on my guitar. Its a pathway out of reality. I can just express myself however I want on my guitar.
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 6:19 AM - Quote - Report!

EddieRowan

It's my only means of sanity. Sometimes it's my way of self-induced sanity! Nothing else makes me light up and relax more than playing metal! Coming up with riffs, for me it's like finding the Holy Grail or pulling Excalibur from the stone, seeing as how coming up with any good riff is kind of a challenge for me It's my only means of sanity. Sometimes it's my way of self-induced sanity! Nothing else makes me light up and relax more than playing metal! Coming up with riffs, for me it's like finding the Holy Grail or pulling Excalibur from the stone, seeing as how coming up with any [i]good[/i] riff is kind of a challenge for me
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 1:55 AM - Quote - Report!

Radeet

guitar is my stress therapy..
when i had lot of work to do at home, i play my guitar for 15 minutes, and it refreshed my brain
guitar is my stress therapy.. when i had lot of work to do at home, i play my guitar for 15 minutes, and it refreshed my brain
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 10:25 AM - Quote - Report!

ancientson

It is a meditation, an expression, an extension of my soul. It is a meditation, an expression, an extension of my soul.
Posted: Feb 26, 2012 1:12 PM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

I can say that about music as well but it's like most of my friends needs booze, cigarettes and drugs to get high, I just need music.
I really do.
The guitar specificly is an extention of my body and mind, it's another way for me to express myself.
I can say that about music as well but it's like most of my friends needs booze, cigarettes and drugs to get high, I just need music. I really do. The guitar specificly is an extention of my body and mind, it's another way for me to express myself.
Posted: Feb 26, 2012 5:53 PM - Quote - Report!

guitarguy918

It's my life. It's my life.
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 1:45 AM - Quote - Report!

Josh62808

A guitar, for me, is a few pieces of wood put together with 6 strings and some magnets to help amplify the sound! :P A guitar, for me, is a few pieces of wood put together with 6 strings and some magnets to help amplify the sound! :P
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 8:30 AM - Quote - Report!

RockstarAdam

I think the question in my case should be "What isn't a guitar for you?"

My guitar means everything to me and I don't know what I would do without it

I think the question in my case should be "What isn't a guitar for you?"

My guitar means everything to me and I don't know what I would do without it

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 2:32 PM - Quote - Report!

parhelia_0000

To me, a guitar would be my expression of feeling, another kind of soul/body, and a way to communicate with others through music. Take Steve Vai for example. He communicates with others through his own style of music and guitar improvisations. To me, a guitar would be my expression of feeling, another kind of soul/body, and a way to communicate with others through music. Take Steve Vai for example. He communicates with others through his own style of music and guitar improvisations.
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 3:12 PM - Quote - Report!

PRM

To me: to express my feelings.... its my escape... its my life ....:) To me: to express my feelings.... its my escape... its my life ....:)
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 12:08 AM - Quote - Report!

taipan 18

its not just a tool but an extension of my body and mind, also mine is a esp ltd f-250! they dont make these anymore! its not just a tool but an extension of my body and mind, also mine is a esp ltd f-250! they dont make these anymore!
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 2:51 AM - Quote - Report!

ThatGuitarStud

To me, my guitar is a life saver and a symbol of purpose. I own a $75 Fender acoustic, but something about it makes me never want to put it down. My music is my lifeline. To me, my guitar is a life saver and a symbol of purpose. I own a $75 Fender acoustic, but something about it makes me never want to put it down. My music is my lifeline.
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 1:02 AM - Quote - Report!

dirtmaster4

A guitar to me is a tool for making quality music for the Glory of the Lord.
BTW, for all of you that don't know, I'm a Christian.
A guitar to me is a tool for making quality music for the Glory of the Lord. BTW, for all of you that don't know, I'm a Christian.
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 4:22 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand