Ultimate-Guitar LOW-END.

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Any other fretless users?

Stud_Muffin

Hey guys, I'm new here (Just signed on properly last week) and i thought, to get the ball rolling, id ask if theres any other fretless users out here? this is my first post, please be kind, lol!:D
Hey guys, I'm new here (Just signed on properly last week) and i thought, to get the ball rolling, id ask if theres any other fretless users out here? this is my first post, please be kind, lol!:D
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 1:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Greenday389

I use my defetted Squier. I use my defetted Squier.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 6:48 PM - Quote - Report!

Incubus_SCIENCE

I'm really jealous. I've been GASing over fretless's for a year now. Although, I'm pretty deadset on the one I'm going to get:
An MTD Kingston Z6 Fretless 6 string!!!

I'm excited :D
I'm really jealous. I've been GASing over fretless's for a year now. Although, I'm pretty deadset on the one I'm going to get:
An MTD Kingston Z6 Fretless 6 string!!!

I'm excited :D
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 8:33 PM - Quote - Report!

UndeadPaperclip

I use a 6-String Brice fretless. Ever try buying flatwound strings for a sixer? It's impossible.

I really want a fretless Corvette though...mmm...
I use a 6-String Brice fretless. Ever try buying flatwound strings for a sixer? It's impossible.

I really want a fretless Corvette though...mmm...
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 8:46 PM - Quote - Report!

Jonnomainman

I know the Tamster (anarkee) has a fretless Stingray. That must be an awesome bass to play. I know the Tamster (anarkee) has a fretless Stingray. That must be an awesome bass to play.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 11:25 PM - Quote - Report!

fretlessbassist

Well yeah I own a MIA Fretless Fender Precision and absolutely love it to bits. Well yeah I own a MIA Fretless Fender Precision and absolutely love it to bits.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 4:12 AM - Quote - Report!

Revelation

i'm a future fretless user. got my Dean 5-string home now and now i just gotta find time to do it....and then the money to put a badass bridge on it and some bartolinis in it. i'm a future fretless user. got my Dean 5-string home now and now i just gotta find time to do it....and then the money to put a badass bridge on it and some bartolinis in it.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 4:45 AM - Quote - Report!

IndieMetalhead

I have a cheapo fretless. hardly use it, i'm going to get a fretless Jazz which should be better for me and fulfil any Jaco tendancies! I have a cheapo fretless. hardly use it, i'm going to get a fretless Jazz which should be better for me and fulfil any Jaco tendancies!
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 7:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Double Basser

Proud owner of a late 70's Yamaha BB400 fretless Proud owner of a late 70's Yamaha BB400 fretless
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 1:11 AM - Quote - Report!

Forcemaster

I'd kill for an unlined, ebony board, all black jazz. That'd just ooze cool.

And get so fucking dusty!
I'd kill for an unlined, ebony board, all black jazz. That'd just ooze cool.

And get so fucking dusty!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 1:51 AM - Quote - Report!

AthenasGhost

Hmm anyone play double bass? Hmm anyone play double bass?
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 2:26 AM - Quote - Report!

Revelation

My lead guitarist salvaged an old double bass from a guy who was going to throw it away(the neck was broke off or something like that) he glued it back together and now it's an ornament in his basement(fully furnished nice basement BTW) I played Pink Floyd - money on it once...it was orgasmic My lead guitarist salvaged an old double bass from a guy who was going to throw it away(the neck was broke off or something like that) he glued it back together and now it's an ornament in his basement(fully furnished nice basement BTW) I played Pink Floyd - money on it once...it was orgasmic
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 4:47 AM - Quote - Report!

Double Basser

AthenasGhost wrote on Aug 21st, 2007 at 9:26pm :
Hmm anyone play double bass?
I do, hence the name, they are awesome
AthenasGhost wrote on Aug 21st, 2007 at 9:26pm :
Hmm anyone play double bass?
I do, hence the name, they are awesome
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 10:27 AM - Quote - Report!

Stud_Muffin

Id love to be able to play a double bass, but i'd need one with home made fret lines, cos im a pussy Id love to be able to play a double bass, but i'd need one with home made fret lines, cos im a pussy
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 2:45 PM - Quote - Report!

anarkee

Yes, I have a EB Stingray FL, got it a little over a month ago by sheer luck of being at the right place, at the right time. It is the crowning glory of my 3 basses.

Now if I could only get consistent intonation without vibrato above the 7th fret....
Yes, I have a EB Stingray FL, got it a little over a month ago by sheer luck of being at the right place, at the right time. It is the crowning glory of my 3 basses.

Now if I could only get consistent intonation without vibrato above the 7th fret....
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 3:27 PM - Quote - Report!

Scourge441

I don't use a fretless but would like to own one someday. There's a very nice fretless Godin at a store near my house. I don't use a fretless but would like to own one someday. There's a very nice fretless Godin at a store near my house.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 3:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Caustic

I'd love a fretless, but it'd have to be one with lines. I just don't trust myself, especially on stage. I'm considering defretting my current bass when I finally invest in the Fender I've been hankering after since forever. I'd love a fretless, but it'd have to be one with lines. I just don't trust myself, especially on stage. I'm considering defretting my current bass when I finally invest in the Fender I've been hankering after since forever.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 10:02 PM - Quote - Report!

Biehayn

I ripped the frets off of my starter dean. I love it!!! 3 cheers for frettless. Hip hip... I ripped the frets off of my starter dean. I love it!!! 3 cheers for frettless. Hip hip...
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 3:59 AM - Quote - Report!

Barboom

i've been playing fretless form the start. i cant stop loving that mellow ass tone. i've been playing fretless form the start. i cant stop loving that mellow ass tone.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 6:02 AM - Quote - Report!

Leper Affinity

I have a fretless. It used to be fretted but once I got a new bass I decided to rip them out and use it for the slower songs I play. I really enjoy my fretless, really like the sound and feel of it. I have a fretless. It used to be fretted but once I got a new bass I decided to rip them out and use it for the slower songs I play. I really enjoy my fretless, really like the sound and feel of it.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 12:26 PM - Quote - Report!

Beast_Within

I have a 99' Fretless Bubinga Corvette (Ebony Fingerboard, Active/Passive toggle) I have a 99' Fretless Bubinga Corvette (Ebony Fingerboard, Active/Passive toggle)
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:33 AM - Quote - Report!

fleajr_1412

Biehayn wrote on Aug 22nd, 2007 at 10:59pm :
3 cheers for frettless. Hip hip...

hooray!
Biehayn wrote on Aug 22nd, 2007 at 10:59pm :
3 cheers for frettless. Hip hip...

hooray!
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 2:58 PM - Quote - Report!

thefitz

I don't have a proper fretless. I do have a 7-string ABG, and a 34" scale EUB which is basically a normal bass with jazz pickups inside the body, a cheap passive piezo pickup, and an endpin.

I used to have a pseudo-Jaco Jazz with the ground strip at the bridge and an epoxied fingerboard, but I sold it for a Warwick in Florida. I recently saw the bass on auction on eBay from Ohio.
I don't have a proper fretless. I do have a 7-string ABG, and a 34" scale EUB which is basically a normal bass with jazz pickups inside the body, a cheap passive piezo pickup, and an endpin.

I used to have a pseudo-Jaco Jazz with the ground strip at the bridge and an epoxied fingerboard, but I sold it for a Warwick in Florida. I recently saw the bass on auction on eBay from Ohio.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 6:55 PM - Quote - Report!

doobellatron

I ordered a Squier VM Fretless Jazz in mid July...I haven't got it yet, though. I ordered a Squier VM Fretless Jazz in mid July...I haven't got it yet, though.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 10:55 AM - Quote - Report!

Flea_Is_God

i frettlessed my first bass... once i got my 2nd of course i frettlessed my first bass... once i got my 2nd of course
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 2:17 PM - Quote - Report!

HoldYourColour

I used to have a fretless... but it doesn't really work too well in a metal band lol

It looked kinda badass though, with no frets and all
I used to have a fretless... but it doesn't really work too well in a metal band lol

It looked kinda badass though, with no frets and all
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 6:15 PM - Quote - Report!

bassboy92

iv used them but i dont have one ,i want to get a frettless 4 string warwick iv used them but i dont have one ,i want to get a frettless 4 string warwick
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 4:27 AM - Quote - Report!

SmellKellHell

guy called 'FOREST' formerly of Quo Vadis + Augury
guy called 'FOREST' formerly of Quo Vadis + Augury
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 3:17 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand