Ultimate-Guitar LOW-END.

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Best Bass

killerbeast567

What do you think is the best brand of bass? I have a Johnson which I know isn't a very good one but i'm wondering what the best brand of bass is. What do you think is the best brand of bass?  I have a Johnson which I know isn't a very good one but i'm wondering what the best brand of bass is.
Posted: May 31, 2008 5:56 AM - Quote - Report!

jb_reborn

Fender/ESP/Ibenez Fender/ESP/Ibenez
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 1:06 PM - Quote - Report!

jb_reborn

if you pay over 800 any brand is good, its just teh value for money if you pay over 800 any brand is good, its just teh value for money
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 1:06 PM - Quote - Report!

closertofreewil

Fender and Ibanez. The classic 4-string J and P basses are almost unsurpassed. I havent played many 5+string fenders. I love Ibanez 6 strngs. I want to get one soon. Fender and Ibanez. The classic 4-string J and P basses are almost unsurpassed. I havent played many 5+string fenders. I love Ibanez 6 strngs. I want to get one soon.
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 11:22 PM - Quote - Report!

MC_Rimes

Yamaha Yamaha
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 3:24 PM - Quote - Report!

sonsie

musicman and modulus are some good brands but they leave a hole in your pocket musicman and modulus are some good brands but they leave a hole in your pocket
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 5:39 AM - Quote - Report!

HoldYourColour

You can trust Fender right from the start. They don't surpass completely, but you're getting something you can trust from Fender, no matter what the price (when it comes to basses) You can trust Fender right from the start. They don't surpass completely, but you're getting something you can trust from Fender, no matter what the price (when it comes to basses)
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 4:03 PM - Quote - Report!

Martin259

Ibanez :D Ibanez :D
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 3:15 PM - Quote - Report!

Alexilia

Lakland.Lakland 94-55 is my dream!I love it so much!! Lakland.Lakland 94-55 is my dream!I love it so much!!
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 5:25 PM - Quote - Report!

delicious

I like Cort. I found a really good deal on my b5 though. You might not be able to find one. I like Cort. I found a really good deal on my b5 though. You might not be able to find one.
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 2:00 AM - Quote - Report!

pwrmax

Rickenbacker. The hard part is getting one, especially the 4000 series. I hear they're only manufactured once every few months, I would love to have a Ric 4003. Rickenbacker. The hard part is getting one, especially the 4000 series. I hear they're only manufactured once every few months, I would love to have a Ric 4003.
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 6:29 PM - Quote - Report!

cooltapes09

I think brands like ibanez and fender are great value for the low end, but if you're looking for a more expensive bass, I'd look at a Musicman(definately a stingray)
thats just my opinion.
I think brands like ibanez and fender are great value for the low end, but if you're looking for a more expensive bass, I'd look at a Musicman(definately a stingray)
thats just my opinion.
Posted: Aug 14, 2008 6:25 AM - Quote - Report!

tackzx

I have a johnson too. But usually use it to take a piss with, not play bass. (HA! I fail at comedy.....) I have a johnson too. But usually use it to take a piss with, not play bass. (HA! I fail at comedy.....)
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 2:29 AM - Quote - Report!

HGF

Every Ibanez, good quality/good prices. But I like ESP and BC Rich Celtic one Every Ibanez, good quality/good prices. But I like ESP and BC Rich Celtic one
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 6:44 PM - Quote - Report!

mattyp90

For me, Fender (Jazz) and Rickenbacker (4000) are unbeatable, but that would be for the styles I play I guess. Other brands wouldn't interest me so much. For me, Fender (Jazz) and Rickenbacker (4000) are unbeatable, but that would be for the styles I play I guess. Other brands wouldn't interest me so much.
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 12:27 PM - Quote - Report!

fatgoogle

Ya Well i think theres no best brand but the one that gives you evreything you want for me fender and musicman. Ya Well i think theres no best brand but the one that gives you evreything you want for me fender and musicman.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 8:57 PM - Quote - Report!

patch17

Well, probably never the first brand that springs to mind, but I'm in love with my bass, which is a Vintage Fender style, in green and black. Depends on whats best for you though. Well, probably never the first brand that springs to mind, but I'm in love with my bass, which is a Vintage Fender style, in green and black. Depends on whats best for you though.
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 6:51 PM - Quote - Report!

KMBroom

Why does everyone love fenders? Maybe I've just never seen one set up right but i can't stand the way a fender plays. I would love to have a Warwick or a Padulla tho. if i only had 5 grand to spend... Why does everyone love fenders? Maybe I've just never seen one set up right but i can't stand the way a fender plays. I would love to have a Warwick or a Padulla tho. if i only had 5 grand to spend...
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 11:10 AM - Quote - Report!

bassboy92

ummm im supriesed not many people said a warwick they are the best but really expensive but i usually play ibanez they are dependable and have a great sound fenders sound like mud unless there expensive or you change the pickups ummm im supriesed not many people said a warwick they are the best but really expensive but i usually play ibanez they are dependable and have a great sound fenders sound like mud unless there expensive or you change the pickups
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 2:25 AM - Quote - Report!

RazzleMCR1

i use a fender squier p bass and its the best ive ever played but my top 3 favorite basses are fender ,esp and rouge i use a fender squier p bass and its the best ive ever played but my top 3 favorite basses are fender ,esp and rouge
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 5:48 PM - Quote - Report!

RockIsHowIRoll

bassboy92 wrote on Jul 1st, 2009 at 9:25pm :
ummm im supriesed not many people said a warwick they are the best but really expensive but i usually play ibanez they are dependable and have a great sound fenders sound like mud unless there expensive or you change the pickups
my geddy lee does not sound like mud!! it sound more like a stingray than any other bass ive ever played (except for a stingray)
bassboy92 wrote on Jul 1st, 2009 at 9:25pm :
ummm im supriesed not many people said a warwick they are the best but really expensive but i usually play ibanez they are dependable and have a great sound fenders sound like mud unless there expensive or you change the pickups

my geddy lee does not sound like mud!!
it sound more like a stingray than any other bass ive ever played (except for a stingray)
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 6:29 PM - Quote - Report!

funkbass369

Wal basses>all other basses Wal basses>all other basses
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 9:25 PM - Quote - Report!

badkirk

You get what you pay for. You get what you pay for.
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 6:43 PM - Quote - Report!

Lemurs4mangos

its never about the brand, or what other people like, its personal prefrence of shape, tone, and feel. its never about the brand, or what other people like, its personal prefrence of shape, tone, and feel.
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 10:40 PM - Quote - Report!

the humanity

Warwick, Fender, Ibanez. Warwick, Fender, Ibanez.
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 3:01 AM - Quote - Report!

carrotcake

I personally like Spector or Schecter basses. But almost any high priced bass will be great no matter what the brand. I personally like Spector or Schecter basses. But almost any high priced bass will be great no matter what the brand.
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 4:21 AM - Quote - Report!

bassfinger

Ibanez or b.c. rich Ibanez or b.c. rich
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 8:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Double Basser

the best bass is the one you feel most comfortable playing, tonally, aesthetically and physically. For me it's my washburn the best bass is the one you feel most comfortable playing, tonally, aesthetically and physically. For me it's my washburn
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 1:00 AM - Quote - Report!

Tatersalad1080

Fender Jazz basses. I just love the feel, and they got a great sound too. Fender Jazz basses.
I just love the feel, and they got a great sound too.
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 2:09 AM - Quote - Report!

bbear

ibanez for speed playing and gibson thunderbirds for a fat rock bass sound ibanez for speed playing and gibson thunderbirds for a fat rock bass sound
Posted: Nov 25, 2010 5:20 AM - Quote - Report!

GabeAkaChainMan

Warwick And Spector IMO .. Warwick And Spector IMO ..
Posted: Feb 26, 2011 11:14 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand