mastersofmetal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Legato technique (hammer-ons and pull-offs)

TrasherFromHell

Anyone who has developed this technique very well please post some tips or even exercises for others like myself, who want to get better at this.

If you need help with any part of this technique including getting faster or more accurate, cleaner, or just wants to know what it is or how is done then post your question here:
Anyone who has developed this technique very well please post some tips or even exercises for others like myself, who want to get better at this.

If you need help with any part of this technique including getting faster or more accurate, cleaner, or just wants to know what it is or how is done then post your question here:
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 11:35 PM - Quote - Report!

TrasherFromHell

Personally I'm having trouble with pull-offs. Hammer-ons I could get better at but I'm pretty good at them already, but pull-offs I know how to do them, and I can do them but what I'm having trouble with is that when i try to do a lot of pull-offs across the neck, after playing probably more that 6 or 8 notes, it doesn't sound like pull-offs anymore it just sounds kind of blurry or you just won't hear the notes . Is hard to explain but basically this happens when i try to do pull-offs like Joe Satriani for example. So, if anybody can help me with this and give some exercises for me to practice I will really appreciate it! Personally I'm having trouble with pull-offs. Hammer-ons I could get better at but I'm pretty good at them already, but pull-offs I know how to do them, and I can do them but what I'm having trouble with is that when i try to do a lot of pull-offs across the neck, after playing probably more that 6 or 8 notes, it doesn't sound like pull-offs anymore it just sounds kind of blurry or you just won't hear the notes . Is hard to explain but basically this happens when i try to do pull-offs like Joe Satriani for example. So, if anybody can help me with this and give some exercises for me to practice I will really appreciate it!
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 11:50 PM - Quote - Report!

fret melter

what i do is i dont have all four fingers on the board, i syncronize it perfect so its kindof like a reverse hammer-on what i do is i dont have all four fingers on the board, i syncronize it perfect so its kindof like a reverse hammer-on
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 7:50 PM - Quote - Report!

fret melter

it's like a "bicycle technique" so to speak it's like a "bicycle technique" so to speak
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 5:32 PM - Quote - Report!

TrasherFromHell

Yeah i know that, and i do that but like i said is hard to explain. Is just that when i do a lot of continuous pull-offs down the neck, the sound begins to drown, the pull-offs are not as clear and fluid as the first ones. I could go on with trying to explain but maybe the best anyone here can do to help me is to give me some tips and/or exercises to develop that technique better. As i had mentioned before, the best example of what I'm trying to accomplish with that technique can be heard in Joe Satriani's playing when he uses that technique. Yeah i know that, and i do that but like i said is hard to explain. Is just that when i do a lot of continuous pull-offs down the neck, the sound begins to drown, the pull-offs are not as clear and fluid as the first ones. I could go on with trying to explain but maybe the best anyone here can do to help me is to give me some tips and/or exercises to develop that technique better. As i had mentioned before, the best example of what I'm trying to accomplish with that technique can be heard in Joe Satriani's playing when he uses that technique.
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 2:47 AM - Quote - Report!

fret melter

that i cant do. sorry man that i cant do. sorry man
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 7:58 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand