Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Most badass metal riff?

petrucci_owns86

What's the most badass metal riff you've ever heard?
What's the most badass metal riff you've ever heard?
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 4:38 AM - Quote - Report!

Decembero

Cowboys From Hell (every riff in this song) - Pantera

Its not the best song or the best riffs ive heard, but its definately the most badass!
Cowboys From Hell (every riff in this song) - Pantera

Its not the best song or the best riffs ive heard, but its definately the most badass!
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 1:04 PM - Quote - Report!

]\/[R. EM0

probably either cowboys from hell, or the solo from Hangar 18. probably either cowboys from hell, or the solo from Hangar 18.
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 10:18 PM - Quote - Report!

blobby_427

The riff i like the most atm is the one by Megadeath - trust. tis a good song/riff. An yeah cowboys from hell is awesome The riff i like the most atm is the one by Megadeath - trust. tis a good song/riff. An yeah cowboys from hell is awesome
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 7:01 AM - Quote - Report!

postmortem2006

Soulfly's 'Frontlines'!Nothing is more metal than that, bitches! :D Soulfly's 'Frontlines'!Nothing is more metal than that, bitches! :D
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 12:35 PM - Quote - Report!

jsik6

The breakdown riff in "Mourning Palace" from Dimmu Borgir comes to mind; but I think I'll have to go with "Where You Come From" by Pantera (especially the 2nd intro riff!) .....Yup, final answer..... The breakdown riff in "Mourning Palace" from Dimmu Borgir comes to mind; but I think I'll have to go with "Where You Come From" by Pantera (especially the 2nd intro riff!) .....Yup, final answer.....
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 10:27 PM - Quote - Report!

dio_dude

slayer's altar of sacrifice slayer's altar of sacrifice
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 1:50 AM - Quote - Report!

Blas3

Not the best, but when I've read badass riff ... I don't know why, but Lamb of God's Redneck's intro came to my mind ... Quite metal :P Not the best, but when I've read badass riff ... I don't know why, but Lamb of God's Redneck's intro came to my mind ... Quite metal :P
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 9:48 PM - Quote - Report!

musiccrave1028

Bored To Tears by Black Label Society or Holy Wars... The Punishment Due Bored To Tears by Black Label Society or Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 9:54 PM - Quote - Report!

petrucci_owns86

I like alot of Dime's shit on Reinventing the Steel.or Cowboys from Hell. or Vulgar Display.i could do this all day
At the moment though its parts of the Hand by Buckethead. God some of them are so damn heavy!
I like alot of Dime's shit on Reinventing the Steel.or Cowboys from Hell. or Vulgar Display.i could do this all day
At the moment though its parts of the Hand by Buckethead. God some of them are so damn heavy!
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 11:17 PM - Quote - Report!

dRacoir

im between slayers raining blood and megadeths holy war... im between slayers raining blood and megadeths holy war...
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 7:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Shayne777

Killing in the name-RATM Killing in the name-RATM
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 4:05 AM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Listen to "W.T.Y.D. (Welcome To Your Death)" by Annihilator on 'Alice in Hell" Listen to "W.T.Y.D. (Welcome To Your Death)" by Annihilator on 'Alice in Hell"
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 4:54 AM - Quote - Report!

dio_dude

and the fast riff on "one" by metallica and the fast riff on "one" by metallica
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 8:59 AM - Quote - Report!

petrucci_owns86

The Dark Eternal Night by Dream Theater has a pretty fuckin' metal intro and outro riff.

Right now though, I'm stickin with Six, by All That Remains.
The Dark Eternal Night by Dream Theater has a pretty fuckin' metal intro and outro riff.

Right now though, I'm stickin with Six, by All That Remains.
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 6:52 AM - Quote - Report!

Ronthps2

Megadeth - HOLY WARS! Amazing riffs in that song...
Children of Bodom - The Nail...the freakin mix of thrash in that song is so cool and the riffs all over the song are amazing too
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden :P
Megadeth - HOLY WARS! Amazing riffs in that song...
Children of Bodom - The Nail...the freakin mix of thrash in that song is so cool and the riffs all over the song are amazing too
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden :P
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 11:11 PM - Quote - Report!

dio_dude

basically every metallica riff from the 80's was awesome basically every metallica riff from the 80's was awesome
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 1:57 AM - Quote - Report!

Leadguitarkid

Madhouse Intro riff Madhouse Intro riff
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 8:38 PM - Quote - Report!

valennic

Diary Of A madman Pre-solo riff. Favorite riff ever. Diary Of A madman Pre-solo riff. Favorite riff ever.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 3:49 PM - Quote - Report!

Iwan Askeet

Swinging the Dead - Devil Driver Swinging the Dead - Devil Driver
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 5:15 AM - Quote - Report!

kkimm07

symptom of the universe or scarified symptom of the universe or scarified
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 2:00 AM - Quote - Report!

shredderdelight

I'd say......either Raining Blood (all of it) or Temptation's Wings, both got killer riffs in them. I'd say......either Raining Blood (all of it) or Temptation's Wings, both got killer riffs in them.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 4:23 PM - Quote - Report!

prince of rock

machine head's halo machine head's halo
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 5:13 PM - Quote - Report!

Engage Silence

Black Sabbath - Into the Void, the riff in the beginning, fucking awesome, slow as fuck though. That or the riff in Ride the Lightning by Metallica, during the fast part where it's all double-time Black Sabbath - Into the Void, the riff in the beginning, fucking awesome, slow as fuck though. That or the riff in Ride the Lightning by Metallica, during the fast part where it's all double-time
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 3:40 AM - Quote - Report!

eddy norbulous

yeah...cowboys from hell.. (\m/) yeah...cowboys from hell.. (\m/)
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 9:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Sabotage1

Holy Wars
Raining Blood
Fight Fire With Fire
Walk
Rain
Clenching the Fist of Dissient
Iron Man
Holy Wars
Raining Blood
Fight Fire With Fire
Walk
Rain
Clenching the Fist of Dissient
Iron Man
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:49 AM - Quote - Report!

dethbymetal

iron man, madhouse intro riff, raining blood, and cemetary gates the chorus riff with the pinch harmonics on it i love it friggin awesome
and cowboys from hell

iron man, madhouse  intro riff,  raining blood, and cemetary gates the chorus riff with the pinch harmonics on it i love it friggin awesome
and cowboys from hell

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 8:11 PM - Quote - Report!

mr. ...

cowboys from hell
raining blood
bleed by meshuggah
cult by slayer
cowboys from hell
raining blood
bleed by meshuggah
cult by slayer
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 12:29 AM - Quote - Report!

No. 6

'Mouth for War' by Pantera has to be up there 'Mouth for War' by Pantera has to be up there
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 12:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Local666Union

Deliverance by Opeth. Deliverance by Opeth.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 10:22 PM - Quote - Report!

MetalMilitia970

War By Burzum :D War By Burzum :D
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 11:09 PM - Quote - Report!

dr_rockso23

only death decides by exodus only death decides by exodus
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Borellus_

From the Dark Past/Mayhem
Lost Wisdom/Burzum :D
Sweet Leaf/Black Sabbath
They are evil.
From the Dark Past/Mayhem
Lost Wisdom/Burzum :D
Sweet Leaf/Black Sabbath
They are evil.
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 7:16 PM - Quote - Report!

Punisher11292

Either;
Electronic Sleight Of Hand - Buckethead (The first riff that you can actually make out lol)
Or
Soothsayer - Buckethead
Either;
Electronic Sleight Of Hand - Buckethead (The first riff that you can actually make out lol)
Or
Soothsayer - Buckethead
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 3:51 AM - Quote - Report!

Shrexter

A Lesson In Violence-Exodus
Sweet Leaf-Black Sabbath

Both those are very good riffs, but most of Tony Iommi's riffs are classics.
A Lesson In Violence-Exodus
Sweet Leaf-Black Sabbath

Both those are very good riffs, but most of Tony Iommi's riffs are classics.
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 10:27 PM - Quote - Report!

cameronlj

Dechristianize by Vital Remains. Dechristianize by Vital Remains.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 7:59 AM - Quote - Report!

kattaway96

either walk by pantera, or seek and destroy by metallica either walk by pantera, or seek and destroy by metallica
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 5:36 PM - Quote - Report!

R.I.P_Dimebag12

walk , raining blood , clenching the fists of decent or at 4.45 in imperium by machine head , best pit music riff ever walk , raining blood , clenching the fists of decent or at 4.45 in imperium by machine head , best pit music riff ever
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 1:50 PM - Quote - Report!

RCAlbright

Sunshine of my Love-Cream...jk The Vomit Riff from Lamb of God's Hourglass Sunshine of my Love-Cream...jk
The Vomit Riff from Lamb of God's Hourglass
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 8:22 AM - Quote - Report!

Fintrollx

Well... Pantera almost anything from the 90's Well... Pantera almost anything from the 90's
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 11:19 AM - Quote - Report!

Alienepidemic25

master of puppets by metallica, pretty much anything metallica pre death magnetic master of puppets by metallica, pretty much anything metallica pre death magnetic
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 4:47 PM - Quote - Report!

Metallica_AC/DC

The most badass riff from rock...would be the riff from A's "Nothing" The most badass riff from rock...would be the riff from A's "Nothing"
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 12:22 AM - Quote - Report!

Myfirstpubes

Omerta-Lamb of God. nuff said Omerta-Lamb of God. nuff said
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 12:29 AM - Quote - Report!

metallica4life_

Walk - Pantera A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh - Celtic Frost Am I Evil? - Diamond Head Blood & Thunder - Mastodon etc. Walk - Pantera
A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh - Celtic Frost
Am I Evil? - Diamond Head
Blood & Thunder - Mastodon
etc.
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 12:34 AM - Quote - Report!

Mr.Torture

Well, almost every riff from running wild is best for me. Rolf is a fucking riff god. But I think that most badass is "Roaring Thunder" or "Fire and Thunder" from Running Wild. Shit, too many thunder words in a sentence. But I think that most powerfull and badass riff is Breaking the Law from Judas Priest. You never get tired for that! Well, almost every riff from running wild is best for me. Rolf is a fucking riff god. But I think that most badass is "Roaring Thunder" or "Fire and Thunder" from Running Wild. Shit, too many thunder words in a sentence. But I think that most powerfull and badass riff is Breaking the Law from Judas Priest. You never get tired for that!
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 7:37 PM - Quote - Report!

2mins2midnite

Rust in peace - megadeth thats a song with a couple of badass riffs Rust in peace - megadeth
thats a song with a couple of badass riffs
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 9:56 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal4themasses

prince of rock wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 at 12:13pm :
machine head's halo
Ya agreed, but also Lamb Of God's distortion part of Reclamation... How am I suppost to answer this?!? So many riffs!!!
prince of rock wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 at 12:13pm :
machine head's halo
Ya agreed, but also Lamb Of God's distortion part of Reclamation... How am I suppost to answer this?!? So many riffs!!!
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 10:05 PM - Quote - Report!

Frost Chaos

the new devildriver-pray for villains is fairly badass the new devildriver-pray for villains is fairly badass
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 4:13 AM - Quote - Report!

Frost Chaos

or holy wars-megadeth or holy wars-megadeth
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 12:42 AM - Quote - Report!

BeastlyBassist

Deeds of Flesh - Waters of Space

Vehemence - The Lord's Work

Necrophagist - Culinary Hyperversity

of course there are others, but those are a couple of my favorites off the top of my head
Deeds of Flesh - Waters of Space

Vehemence - The Lord's Work

Necrophagist - Culinary Hyperversity

of course there are others, but those are a couple of my favorites off the top of my head
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 2:41 AM - Quote - Report!

Firering56

Duke Nukem Theme Song- Megadeth. DUDE No better song to Amp up your adrenaline!! Duke Nukem Theme Song- Megadeth.

DUDE No better song to Amp up your adrenaline!!
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 5:48 AM - Quote - Report!

eetfuk58

Forgotten (Lost Angels) - Lamb of God Forgotten (Lost Angels) - Lamb of God
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 6:02 AM - Quote - Report!

eetfuk58

The clean solo part of Zombie Inc. by in flames. I dont care if it doesnt have distortion, its metal as F**k. The clean solo part of Zombie Inc. by in flames. I dont care if it doesnt have distortion, its metal as F**k.
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 6:05 AM - Quote - Report!

miguul911

Blas3 wrote on Jan 16th, 2008 at 4:48pm :
Not the best, but when I've read badass riff ... I don't know why, but Lamb of God's Redneck's intro came to my mind ... Quite metal :P
Lamb of god really good at riffs... hmm but my favorite has to be the heavy riff in The Unforgiven by metallica...
Blas3 wrote on Jan 16th, 2008 at 4:48pm :
Not the best, but when I've read badass riff ... I don't know why, but Lamb of God's Redneck's intro came to my mind ... Quite metal :P

Lamb of god really good at riffs... hmm but my favorite has to be the heavy riff in The Unforgiven by metallica...
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 3:26 AM - Quote - Report!

KoK_Guitarist

Metallica - Master of Puppets. it's something about that intro riff that makes me want to start bashing some skulls. Metallica - Master of Puppets. it's something about that intro riff that makes me want to start bashing some skulls.
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 7:05 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

I like how many threads have been bumped massively recently :haha: But I'd say Coroner - Serpent Moves has the best intro riff EVER. I like how many threads have been bumped massively recently :haha: But I'd say Coroner - Serpent Moves has the best intro riff EVER.
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 9:30 AM - Quote - Report!

SHREDDER_DUDE:)

The Vomit Riff in Hourglass by Lamb of God. That riff is definately badass as hell!!!! \m/ The Vomit Riff in Hourglass by Lamb of God. That riff is definately badass as hell!!!! \m/
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 4:07 PM - Quote - Report!

smithmetal

Walk by Pantera Walk by Pantera
Posted: Jan 30, 2011 4:58 AM - Quote - Report!

Jon777

The main riff to Masters Apprentices (Opeth) is pretty badass. The main riff to Masters Apprentices (Opeth) is pretty badass.
Posted: Jan 30, 2011 6:42 PM - Quote - Report!

smithmetal

I also love the opening riff to Downfall by Children of Bodom I also love the opening riff to Downfall by Children of Bodom
Posted: Jan 31, 2011 3:15 AM - Quote - Report!

BornToRun

Intro riff of Holy Wars by Megadeth \,,/ I just have to play it every time I get a guitar on my hands ;D Intro riff of Holy Wars by Megadeth \,,/ I just have to play it every time I get a guitar on my hands ;D
Posted: Jan 31, 2011 10:43 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand