Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

What 3 songs give you Goosebumps / Shivers?

vinnym86

List 3 metal songs that give you the most goosebumps / shivers down your spine, and tell us a little about it.

1) Tool - Lateralus

There's a reason why they're my favorite band. This song has a part toward the end where its very peaceful and the words ask you to step aside and experience emotions that are vulnerable, to experience the beauty around you, to weep and to bathe in the waters. As you immerse yourself in the density of the music, it climaxes into incredible colors.

2) Nevermore - Sentient 6

The desperation that oozes from this song is incredible. The peak of the 2nd chorus right into Loomis's guitar solo is just a whirlwind of power.

3) Pantera - Floods
Oddly enough, its not the climax of the song, but rather the soft, quiet outro. After a crash of lightning and thunder behind some guitar feedback, Dime breaks into one of the coolest riffs EVER created. Its soft, evocative of thought, and compliments the theme of cleansing the world with disastrous forces to bring a final peace.

It was really hard to choose 3. There is A LOT of music i could have chosen.

edit:
I need to add this:

4) Metallica - The Call of Ktulu
Cliff Burton's signature is all over this track. BEAUTIFULLY composed by a band that, at the time, couldn't dream of doing without Cliff's musical knowledge. The instrumental sound-scape is eerie and invites dark and foreboding fears to the front of your mind. If you know H.P. Lovecraft, then you know who (or rather what) Cthulu is, and this music perfectly describes the tormenting chaos that would herald a creature of impending DOOM.
List 3 metal songs that give you the most goosebumps / shivers down your spine, and tell us a little about it.

1) Tool - Lateralus

There's a reason why they're my favorite band. This song has a part toward the end where its very peaceful and the words ask you to step aside and experience emotions that are vulnerable, to experience the beauty around you, to weep and to bathe in the waters. As you immerse yourself in the density of the music, it climaxes into incredible colors.

2) Nevermore - Sentient 6

The desperation that oozes from this song is incredible. The peak of the 2nd chorus right into Loomis's guitar solo is just a whirlwind of power.

3) Pantera - Floods
Oddly enough, its not the climax of the song, but rather the soft, quiet outro. After a crash of lightning and thunder behind some guitar feedback, Dime breaks into one of the coolest riffs EVER created. Its soft, evocative of thought, and compliments the theme of cleansing the world with disastrous forces to bring a final peace.

It was really hard to choose 3. There is A LOT of music i could have chosen.

edit:
I need to add this:

4) Metallica - The Call of Ktulu
Cliff Burton's signature is all over this track. BEAUTIFULLY composed by a band that, at the time, couldn't dream of doing without Cliff's musical knowledge. The instrumental sound-scape is eerie and invites dark and foreboding fears to the front of your mind. If you know H.P. Lovecraft, then you know who (or rather what) Cthulu is, and this music perfectly describes the tormenting chaos that would herald a creature of impending DOOM.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 12:15 AM - Quote - Report!

metallica4life_

1) Pantera - Suicide Note Pt. 1
This is probably the most important song in my life. You can guess why by the title.

2) If These Trees Could Talk - What's In The Ground Belongs To You
The song starts off quietly, and it culminates in one of my favorite riff ever.

3) Metallica - Orion
This song is the climax of Metallica's career. From then on, Metallica slowly went downwards... But they're still great! (with the obvious exception of St. Anger)
1) Pantera - Suicide Note Pt. 1 This is probably the most important song in my life. You can guess why by the title. 2) If These Trees Could Talk - What's In The Ground Belongs To You The song starts off quietly, and it culminates in one of my favorite riff ever. 3) Metallica - Orion This song is the climax of Metallica's career. From then on, Metallica slowly went downwards... But they're still great! (with the obvious exception of St. Anger)
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 12:49 AM - Quote - Report!

fenderarmy

1) Vicarious - Tool
-Because of the last words, "Vicariously I, Live While The Whole World Dies, Much Better You Than I."

2) Break You - Lamb of God
-"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear." Enough said.

3)Reclamation - Lamb of God
-"The earth will shake and the waters will rise, the elements reclaim what was taken."

Agreed with OP, too hard to pick 3.
1) Vicarious - Tool -Because of the last words, "Vicariously I, Live While The Whole World Dies, Much Better You Than I." 2) Break You - Lamb of God -"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear." Enough said. 3)Reclamation - Lamb of God -"The earth will shake and the waters will rise, the elements reclaim what was taken." Agreed with OP, too hard to pick 3.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 5:36 AM - Quote - Report!

BushMasterFlex

1) KoRn - Daddy - Ive never herd so mush emotion in a song before, Jonathan Davis even fuckn crys for 3 min!

2) SlipKnoT - Scissors - This is one fucked song! I think its about some guy getting tortured or somthing. Even if its not, it has good emotion and an overall epic feel.

3) Mudvayne - Pharmaecopia - Its such a sweet song! Sounds so damn good! It goes from pure heavy riffs to sounding like a Staind/Alice In Chains song which I think was a pretty good transition.
1) KoRn - Daddy - Ive never herd so mush emotion in a song before, Jonathan Davis even fuckn crys for 3 min!

2) SlipKnoT - Scissors - This is one fucked song! I think its about some guy getting tortured or somthing. Even if its not, it has good emotion and an overall epic feel.

3) Mudvayne - Pharmaecopia - Its such a sweet song! Sounds so damn good! It goes from pure heavy riffs to sounding like a Staind/Alice In Chains song which I think was a pretty good transition.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 3:52 PM - Quote - Report!

JoCeR

1) Cradle of Filth- Nymphetamine- i can picture me and the band up on stage playing it man i get goosebumps all the time.

2) Korn-Alone I Break- its just a really sad song for me makes me sad everytime I hear it.

3) Coheed and Cambria- Welcome Home- its the chorus that gets me all the time its such a good song.
1) [b]Cradle of Filth- Nymphetamine[/b]- i can picture me and the band up on stage playing it man i get goosebumps all the time. 2) [b]Korn-Alone I Break[/b]- its just a really sad song for me makes me sad everytime I hear it. 3) [b]Coheed and Cambria- Welcome Home[/b]- its the chorus that gets me all the time its such a good song.
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 9:13 AM - Quote - Report!

Cold Reader

1) Lamb of God - Reclaimation - "Only after the last tree's cut, and the last river poisened, only after the last fish is caught, will you find that money cannot be eaten!!!!"

2) Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God - Rifftastic

3) Saliva - Always - "I see, the blood all over your hands, does it make you feel, more like a man, was it all, just a part of your plan? The pistol's shakin' in my hands and all I hear is the sound"
1) Lamb of God - Reclaimation - "Only after the last tree's cut, and the last river poisened, only after the last fish is caught, will you find that money cannot be eaten!!!!" 2) Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God - Rifftastic 3) Saliva - Always - "I see, the blood all over your hands, does it make you feel, more like a man, was it all, just a part of your plan? The pistol's shakin' in my hands and all I hear is the sound"
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 10:38 AM - Quote - Report!

slaymanson5

Cradle of Filth- Her Ghost In the Fog, the way danni sings the song is so fucking METAL it one of those 'shit your pants' kind of songs.
Suicide Silence- Lifted, the guitar intro kinda creeped me out the first time I heard it.
Opeth- Ghost of Perdition, the song is so anti-christ I would probably spontaneously combust if I played it in a church :P
Cradle of Filth- Her Ghost In the Fog, the way danni sings the song is so fucking METAL it one of those 'shit your pants' kind of songs. Suicide Silence- Lifted, the guitar intro kinda creeped me out the first time I heard it. Opeth- Ghost of Perdition, the song is so anti-christ I would probably spontaneously combust if I played it in a church :P
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 9:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Bazookajoe_666

Off the top of my head....

Aces High - Iron Maiden, I nearly cry everytime I hear it, its just so PERFECT!

The breakdown in Master of Puppets.

Exiled - Judas Priest, it just captures the huge feeling of valleys and mountains and being alone in them, the way Nostradamus was exiled and forced to travel by himself.
Off the top of my head.... Aces High - Iron Maiden, I nearly cry everytime I hear it, its just so PERFECT! The breakdown in Master of Puppets. Exiled - Judas Priest, it just captures the huge feeling of valleys and mountains and being alone in them, the way Nostradamus was exiled and forced to travel by himself.
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 10:59 PM - Quote - Report!

justinb904

dunnow about three but, the song that really gets to me is a live recording of Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden. Something about the crowd chanting along with the intro riff just sends a little shiver down my spine.

Also, Aces High get's me pumped up and puts a smile on my face. Epic song with tons of energy.
dunnow about three but, the song that really gets to me is a live recording of Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden. Something about the crowd chanting along with the intro riff just sends a little shiver down my spine. Also, Aces High get's me pumped up and puts a smile on my face. Epic song with tons of energy.
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 11:27 AM - Quote - Report!

gohmanlespaul89

1-Omerta-Lamb of God
2-Divinations-Mastodon
3-Aesthetics of Hate
1-Omerta-Lamb of God 2-Divinations-Mastodon 3-Aesthetics of Hate
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 11:35 AM - Quote - Report!

droppedasachild

really no hallowed be thy name shame shame
1-hallowed be thy name
2-fade to black
3-planet caravan
really no hallowed be thy name shame shame 1-hallowed be thy name 2-fade to black 3-planet caravan
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 12:54 AM - Quote - Report!

SHREDDER_DUDE:)

Hallowed be thy name-Iron Maiden. Amazing riffs and solo (love the vocals too.)
Ride the Lighting-Metallica. One of my favorite solos ever
Declaration-Trivium. The way he sings clean and the solo and just about everything else.
Hallowed be thy name-Iron Maiden. Amazing riffs and solo (love the vocals too.) Ride the Lighting-Metallica. One of my favorite solos ever Declaration-Trivium. The way he sings clean and the solo and just about everything else.
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 5:20 PM - Quote - Report!

Bring Me the Horizon- The Comedown
Blessthefall- Whats Left Of Me
Divided By Friday- Eight Hours
Bring Me the Horizon- The Comedown Blessthefall- Whats Left Of Me Divided By Friday- Eight Hours
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 9:47 AM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

Pantera-Floods= solo and outro are incredible
Metallica-Fade to Black= incredible. the whole thing.
Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son= Underrated, and the middle part is kinda...amazing?
Pantera-Floods= solo and outro are incredible Metallica-Fade to Black= incredible. the whole thing. Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son= Underrated, and the middle part is kinda...amazing?
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 1:04 AM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

I had to edit my original post and add a certain metallica song.

AJSaw wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 8:04pm :

Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son= Underrated, and the middle part is kinda...amazing?

Yes! VERY underrated! What a progressive album for Maiden, too! If i were gonna include Maiden as a 5th choice, i'd choose Fear Of The Dark (Live in Rio). Cuz live maiden is just better than studio maiden :p
I had to edit my original post and add a certain metallica song. [QUOTE u='AJSaw' d='2010-06-19 20:04:12'] Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son= Underrated, and the middle part is kinda...amazing?[/QUOTE] Yes! VERY underrated! What a progressive album for Maiden, too! If i were gonna include Maiden as a 5th choice, i'd choose Fear Of The Dark (Live in Rio). Cuz live maiden is just better than studio maiden :p
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 8:02 PM - Quote - Report!

BTKA

After Download Festival this is my 3 :-

Stonesour - Bother
Seeing Corey Taylor on stage by himself paying tribute to his lost friend by playing this song with tears down his face. Unforgettable moment in life.

Slipknot - Snuff
Just find this one an emotional song.

Pantera - This love
Just the sound of the Dimebag at work gives me goosebumps.

Not my top 3 but the first 3 that came to me now.

After Download Festival this is my 3 :-

Stonesour - Bother
Seeing Corey Taylor on stage by himself paying tribute to his lost friend by playing this song with tears down his face. Unforgettable moment in life.

Slipknot - Snuff
Just find this one an emotional song.

Pantera - This love
Just the sound of the Dimebag at work gives me goosebumps.

Not my top 3 but the first 3 that came to me now.

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 11:30 PM - Quote - Report!

retracdivad

1) Sanctity - Beloved Killer
the guitar parts in this song are just amazing

2)System of a Down - hypnotize
its just beautiful

3)Slayer- Raining Blood
Just fast paced punch you in the face and not give a shit metal chill goes up my spine when i here that intro
1) Sanctity - Beloved Killer the guitar parts in this song are just amazing 2)System of a Down - hypnotize its just beautiful 3)Slayer- Raining Blood Just fast paced punch you in the face and not give a shit metal chill goes up my spine when i here that intro
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 12:02 AM - Quote - Report!

Jon777

1) Opeth- Isolation Years
A perfect example of effective storytelling through music. It's one of the most beautiful songs Opeth has ever written. It's also one of saddest.

2) Epica- Tides of Time
Simply beautiful.

3) Solution .45- Lethean Tears
Christian Alevestam's voice always gives me shivers, but this song in particular is just... wow.
1) Opeth- Isolation Years
A perfect example of effective storytelling through music. It's one of the most beautiful songs Opeth has ever written. It's also one of saddest.

2) Epica- Tides of Time
Simply beautiful.

3) Solution .45- Lethean Tears
Christian Alevestam's voice always gives me shivers, but this song in particular is just... wow.
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 1:14 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

1. Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry

2. Megadeth - A Toute Le Monde

3. Slipknot - Snuff

All 3 are really emotional songs i think, especially Don't Cry, the guitar part and vocals are just so good.
[b]1.[/b] Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry [b]2.[/b] Megadeth - A Toute Le Monde [b]3.[/b] Slipknot - Snuff All 3 are really emotional songs i think, especially Don't Cry, the guitar part and vocals are just so good.
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 3:49 AM - Quote - Report!

Trivium_Child

Tool-10 000 Days Part 2

Pantera's version of Planet Caravan

At The Gates-Into The Dead Sky
Tool-10 000 Days Part 2 Pantera's version of Planet Caravan At The Gates-Into The Dead Sky
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 8:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Fant0m

1 Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
2 Tool - Lateralus
3 Marilyn Manson - Irresponsible Hate Anthem
3.5 Marilyn Manson - Cryptorchild is pretty chilling
1 Lamb of God - Laid to Rest 2 Tool - Lateralus 3 Marilyn Manson - Irresponsible Hate Anthem 3.5 Marilyn Manson - Cryptorchild is pretty chilling
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 7:45 AM - Quote - Report!

gguitarhermit

nightmare anatomy- warbringer. that song is delicious. nightmare anatomy- warbringer. that song is delicious.
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 3:57 AM - Quote - Report!

TopicOfTheDay

Leviathan- Alestorm:
The first Alestorm I've ever listened to and it still chills me everytime I listen.

There Is No Business to Be Done On A Dying Planet- All Shall Perish
Job for a Cowboy vocals with a Slayer speed. Simply wonderful.

The Death of Love- Cradle of Filth
A beautifully put together song, adding Dani with Carolyn Gretton. A piece worthy of radio playing time in my opinion.
Leviathan- Alestorm: The first Alestorm I've ever listened to and it still chills me everytime I listen. There Is No Business to Be Done On A Dying Planet- All Shall Perish Job for a Cowboy vocals with a Slayer speed. Simply wonderful. The Death of Love- Cradle of Filth A beautifully put together song, adding Dani with Carolyn Gretton. A piece worthy of radio playing time in my opinion.
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 4:10 AM - Quote - Report!

gguitarhermit

alestorm=epic alestorm=epic
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 5:34 AM - Quote - Report!

EmoMonday

Hero by Skillet
Land of Confusion by Disturbed and Genesis
Through Glass by Stone Sour
Hero by Skillet Land of Confusion by Disturbed and Genesis Through Glass by Stone Sour
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 1:00 AM - Quote - Report!

GabRielslaSh

Theres SO FUCKING Many Dude .. But Im Gonna Chose Songs That Aren't As Well Known .. Juz Because ..

1) Dismal Lapse - Red Snow Cold Steel

Its One Of Those Mellow-But-Not-Really Tech Death Songs .. A Perfect Blend Of Brutality And Melody Without Sounding Like Melodeath (Nothing Wrong With Melodeath Btw) ..

2) The Allseeing I - Principium individuationis

Very Long Composition .. Extremely Technical And Progressive .. Not Ur Average Sweep-It-Like-A-Janitor Kinda Riffs .. Its Actually Pretty Interesting Lo Listen To .. And The Bassline ! .. Its Fucking Great .. Heres The Bassist Playing This Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS-SQV_eTBQ ..

3) Jeff Hughell - Classically

I Honestly Cant Describe The Feeling I Get When I Listen To This Composition .. Its Like An Orgasm To My Ears .. Its A Bass Solo By Ex Brain Drill .. Reciprocal's Bassist Jeff Hughell .. It Can Be Found On His Solo Project 'I Came To Hate EP' ..

Theres SO FUCKING Many Dude .. But Im Gonna Chose Songs That Aren't As Well Known .. Juz Because ..

1) Dismal Lapse - Red Snow Cold Steel

Its One Of Those Mellow-But-Not-Really Tech Death Songs .. A Perfect Blend Of Brutality And Melody Without Sounding Like Melodeath (Nothing Wrong With Melodeath Btw) ..

2) The Allseeing I - Principium individuationis

Very Long Composition .. Extremely Technical And Progressive .. Not Ur Average Sweep-It-Like-A-Janitor Kinda Riffs .. Its Actually Pretty Interesting Lo Listen To .. And The Bassline ! .. Its Fucking Great .. Heres The Bassist Playing This Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS-SQV_eTBQ ..

3) Jeff Hughell - Classically

I Honestly Cant Describe The Feeling I Get When I Listen To This Composition .. Its Like An Orgasm To My Ears .. Its A Bass Solo By Ex Brain Drill .. Reciprocal's Bassist Jeff Hughell .. It Can Be Found On His Solo Project 'I Came To Hate EP' ..

Posted: Aug 3, 2010 12:13 AM - Quote - Report!

megan9987

Uhh... I really like:

1. Megadeth - I ain't superstitious - Early Megadeth albums are AMAZING, I heard this song and replayed it like 5 times before I went to the next song on the "Peace Sells .... But Who's Buying" CD

2. Children of Bodom - Living Dead Beats - I've recently been obsessed with this song, it's so awesome!! I love the intro, middle, solo, everything!

3. Lamb of God - Laid to Rest - This song is so amazing! The guitar and drums are so sweet!
Uhh... I really like: 1. Megadeth - I ain't superstitious - Early Megadeth albums are AMAZING, I heard this song and replayed it like 5 times before I went to the next song on the "Peace Sells .... But Who's Buying" CD 2. Children of Bodom - Living Dead Beats - I've recently been obsessed with this song, it's so awesome!! I love the intro, middle, solo, everything! 3. Lamb of God - Laid to Rest - This song is so amazing! The guitar and drums are so sweet!
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 2:00 AM - Quote - Report!

eteam_sammy4him

1. Becoming the Archetype- How Great Thou Art Phenomenal solo and strong rendition to a great song.

2. Disciple- Liar Just a great track in all, with a solo that fits very well.

3. Becoming the Archetype- Epoch of War (The Physics of Fire, Part 3) This solo is my absolute favorite solo of all time.
1. Becoming the Archetype- How Great Thou Art  Phenomenal solo and strong rendition to a great song.

2. Disciple- Liar  Just a great track in all, with a solo that fits very well.

3. Becoming the Archetype- Epoch of War (The Physics of Fire, Part 3)  This solo is my absolute favorite solo of all time.
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 2:41 AM - Quote - Report!

Trivium_Child

i have to add floods by pantera to my list too i have to add floods by pantera to my list too
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:00 PM - Quote - Report!

vlad8996

Cementary gates-Pantera

(ONLY INTRO)44 minutes

Wolf- iced earth
Cementary gates-Pantera (ONLY INTRO)44 minutes Wolf- iced earth
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 6:58 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand