Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Best of The Big Four of Thrash.

Whos your favorite Band out of the Big Four Of Thrash?
Anthrax? Slayer? Megadeth? or Metallica?

Mines Slayer ;D
Whos your favorite Band out of the Big Four Of Thrash?
Anthrax? Slayer? Megadeth? or Metallica?

Mines Slayer ;D
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 9:01 PM - Quote - Report!

metallica4life_

Tie between Megadeth and Metallica. I equally love Ride The Lightning and Rust In Peace. I equally hate St. Anger and Risk. Okay, maybe I hate St. Anger a little more...

I like the end-of-the-80's Slayer (Reign, South and Seasons), but I really couldn't give a shit about 90's/00's Slayer, except maybe World Painted Blood

I've never been able to get into Anthrax, though I like a couple of their songs.
Tie between Megadeth and Metallica. I equally love Ride The Lightning and Rust In Peace. I equally hate St. Anger and Risk. Okay, maybe I hate St. Anger a little more... I like the end-of-the-80's Slayer (Reign, South and Seasons), but I really couldn't give a shit about 90's/00's Slayer, except maybe World Painted Blood I've never been able to get into Anthrax, though I like a couple of their songs.
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 9:18 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal4themasses

Slayer. no question. But like Metallica4life said, I never really liked them in the 90s. Slayer just isn't Slayer without Dave Lombardo, and when he came back in 2006, Slayer released 'Christ Illusion' my personal favorite Slayer CD. The 80s were an awesome 10 years for them, and now that the original lineup is back, Slayer has been reborn!!! Slayer. no question. But like Metallica4life said, I never really liked them in the 90s. Slayer just isn't Slayer without Dave Lombardo, and when he came back in 2006, Slayer released 'Christ Illusion' my personal favorite Slayer CD. The 80s were an awesome 10 years for them, and now that the original lineup is back, Slayer has been reborn!!!
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 9:58 PM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

The only one I don't like is Anthrax. I can never get into them. The only one I don't like is Anthrax. I can never get into them.
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 10:01 PM - Quote - Report!

Firering56

Don't make me choose between Megadeth and Metallica. Each side of my family is into the two. Meaning my dads side is for Megadeth, while my moms side is more Metallica. So being brought up around both, i can't really choose between the two.
As for slayer, i can take em or leave em.
Anthrax. hmm, what to say? I've always like thier classic metal feel and vibe. The crunch their guitars a giving off always complements thier songs. My personal Fav Anthrax album is Persistance of Time.
And when it comes to Deth and Tallica, i have no favorite album, i jam out to all of them.
Don't make me choose between Megadeth and Metallica. Each side of my family is into the two. Meaning my dads side is for Megadeth, while my moms side is more Metallica. So being brought up around both, i can't really choose between the two. As for slayer, i can take em or leave em. Anthrax. hmm, what to say? I've always like thier classic metal feel and vibe. The crunch their guitars a giving off always complements thier songs. My personal Fav Anthrax album is Persistance of Time. And when it comes to Deth and Tallica, i have no favorite album, i jam out to all of them.
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 6:26 PM - Quote - Report!

'DC fan

Metallica, The only let down was St. Anger, it was still a good album but lacked the guitar solos which defined Tallica's style, but they definately made up for it with Death Magnetic.
I never could quite get into the other three bands.
Metallica, The only let down was St. Anger, it was still a good album but lacked the guitar solos which defined Tallica's style, but they definately made up for it with Death Magnetic. I never could quite get into the other three bands.
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 8:39 PM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

A tie between Megadeth & Metallica...

I like Rust in Peace & Master of Puppets at the same level (which is "An album that affected my music for good!") and like every sane person, I hate Risk & St. Anger.
I think that St. Anger could be a better album if a crappy nu-metal band like Slipknot would've record it... It's just not the demands of the Metallica fans.
Risk was Dave's really stupid attempt to become more popular, like the album's name Dave knew that the album could be either a huge hit or a huge miss...

I like also like Slayer, it took me time because of the trauma of hearing the roadkilled-moose-who's-being-raped-like guitar solo in the end of Raining Blood, but now I like their some songs since the era of Reign to Seasons...

Anthrax are a good band, I like classic metal so they have a vibe that suits my style...
And like everyone, I think they are 4th between the "Big Four", but their music is as great as the other 3's music...
A tie between Megadeth & Metallica... I like Rust in Peace & Master of Puppets at the same level (which is "An album that affected my music for good!") and like every sane person, I hate Risk & St. Anger. I think that St. Anger could be a better album if a crappy nu-metal band like Slipknot would've record it... It's just not the demands of the Metallica fans. Risk was Dave's really stupid attempt to become more popular, like the album's name Dave knew that the album could be either a huge hit or a huge miss... I like also like Slayer, it took me time because of the trauma of hearing the roadkilled-moose-who's-being-raped-like guitar solo in the end of Raining Blood, but now I like their some songs since the era of Reign to Seasons... Anthrax are a good band, I like classic metal so they have a vibe that suits my style... And like everyone, I think they are 4th between the "Big Four", but their music is as great as the other 3's music...
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 2:41 PM - Quote - Report!

Chokenhold

MEGADETH :headbang: MEGADETH :headbang:
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 3:24 PM - Quote - Report!

vlad8996

Metallica is the best and just a little under is megadeth Metallica is the best and just a little under is megadeth
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 11:43 AM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

metallica but testament should be included. it should be the big five not four metallica but testament should be included. it should be the big five not four
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal4themasses

Pantera should be in the Big 4, if only Dime were still alive... Pantera should be in the Big 4, if only Dime were still alive...
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 9:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal4themasses

Chokenhold wrote on Apr 24th, 2010 at 10:24am :
MEGADETH :headbang:
HECK YA!!
[QUOTE u='Chokenhold' d='2010-04-24 10:24:10']MEGADETH :headbang:[/QUOTE]HECK YA!!
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 9:29 PM - Quote - Report!

andressuarezp

Metallica followed closely by Megadeth Metallica followed closely by Megadeth
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 2:55 PM - Quote - Report!

xBLACKxEYEx

Metallica then Megadeth and i havn't really listened to others Metallica then Megadeth and i havn't really listened to others
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 9:48 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazed Shredder

1.Metallica
2.Slayer
3.Megadeth
4.Anthrax
1.Metallica 2.Slayer 3.Megadeth 4.Anthrax
Posted: May 6, 2010 5:42 AM - Quote - Report!

SHREDDER_DUDE:)

Metallica from the start. I like them the most and even is St. Anger sucked, they remastered the song and it sounds brutal!!My favourite songs is Blackened, Ride the Lightning and Mater Of Puppets. As for Megadeth I never really liked them except fro maybe the song Wake Up Dead. As for Slayer I love Reign in Blood and Seasons in the Abyss, Those well kick-ass albums. Anthrax is pretty good. I mean they have awesome riffs extremely fast guitar solos (just look at the remastered Panic or Gung Ho). Joey Bellladonna was great with them and John Bush was even better. METALLICA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metallica from the start. I like them the most and even is St. Anger sucked, they remastered the song and it sounds brutal!!My favourite songs is Blackened, Ride the Lightning and Mater Of Puppets. As for Megadeth I never really liked them except fro maybe the song Wake Up Dead. As for Slayer I love Reign in Blood and Seasons in the Abyss, Those well kick-ass albums. Anthrax is pretty good. I mean they have awesome riffs extremely fast guitar solos (just look at the remastered Panic or Gung Ho). Joey Bellladonna was great with them and John Bush was even better. METALLICA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: May 7, 2010 6:53 AM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

Megadeth. They were pure Speed Metal, laying waste to poser scum. Vicious, fast, METAL! This stopped around 1988 of course, not unlike the rest of the big four. Megadeth. They were pure Speed Metal, laying waste to poser scum. Vicious, fast, METAL! This stopped around 1988 of course, not unlike the rest of the big four.
Posted: May 15, 2010 2:12 PM - Quote - Report!

blackclouds

MEgadeth NeDay! MEgadeth NeDay!
Posted: May 16, 2010 12:06 PM - Quote - Report!

kattaway96

slayer all the way. slayer makes the rest of them look like tools slayer all the way. slayer makes the rest of them look like tools
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 3:58 PM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

Megadeth, though all the bands haven't put anything good out since 86.

csmetalmania wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:28pm :
metallica but testament should be included. it should be the big five not four

Testament are whimp thrash, as are Metallica.
Megadeth, though all the bands haven't put anything good out since 86. [QUOTE u='csmetalmania' d='2010-04-28 12:28:22']metallica but testament should be included. it should be the big five not four[/QUOTE] Testament are whimp thrash, as are Metallica.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 11:50 AM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

1.)Metallica
2.)Megadeth
3.)Slayer
4.)Anthrax

Metallica is by far, the best. no doubt. megadeth is not what they were with friedman, and the new guy lacks soul. slayer, may be the most hardcore, but i think alot of people can write a slayer solo: fast, random notes from the scale in random spots, and no soul what-so-ever. anthrax shouldent even be on the list. the "big four" should be metallica, megadeth, slayer, and pantera, if dime were alive. so really this is just the big three and anthrax.
1.)Metallica 2.)Megadeth 3.)Slayer 4.)Anthrax Metallica is by far, the best. no doubt. megadeth is not what they were with friedman, and the new guy lacks soul. slayer, may be the most hardcore, but i think alot of people can write a slayer solo: fast, random notes from the scale in random spots, and no soul what-so-ever. anthrax shouldent even be on the list. the "big four" should be metallica, megadeth, slayer, and pantera, if dime were alive. so really this is just the big three and anthrax.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 12:46 AM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

You talk as if the only thing that matters when it comes to which band is best is what their solo's are like. You also talk as if Pantera are Thrash Metal. Wat. You talk as if the only thing that matters when it comes to which band is best is what their solo's are like. You also talk as if Pantera are Thrash Metal. Wat.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 1:22 AM - Quote - Report!

tume

Megadeth is the best. Megadeth is the best.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 11:04 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

NONE of them are thrash anymore (apart from maybe Slayer). Best thrash bands are Testament, Kreator, Overkill, Tankard, and Sodom. Most of the NWOTM bands suck, but there are a few good ones out there: Gama Bomb, RsG, Blood Tsunami, etc.

But, if I HAD to pick out of the big four, Anthrax - thrash or not, are my favorite.

And what's up with people going: "Pantera [who, by the way, aren't even thrash] should be in there", or "Testament should be in there." - that's like saying S-club should be in the Top 40 because they're pop-ier than all of the pop artists currently in there. The big four is based on popularity. At the time, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and Shitallica were the most popular thrash bands, so they became the big four. The big four doesn't change. Exodus (even they are heading away from thrash) may be a lot more popular than Anthrax now, but it doesn't put them in the big four, as the big four is: the four most popular thrash bands IN THE 80s, NOT NOW.

lights bane wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:50am :

Megadeth are wimpier than Testament.

/rant
NONE of them are thrash anymore (apart from maybe Slayer). Best thrash bands are Testament, Kreator, Overkill, Tankard, and Sodom. Most of the NWOTM bands suck, but there are a few good ones out there: Gama Bomb, RsG, Blood Tsunami, etc. 

But, if I HAD to pick out of the big four, Anthrax - thrash or not, are my favorite.

And what's up with people going: "Pantera [who, by the way, aren't even thrash] should be in there", or "Testament should be in there." - that's like saying S-club should be in the Top 40 because they're pop-ier than all of the pop artists currently in there. The big four is based on popularity. At the time, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and Shitallica were the most popular thrash bands, so they became the big four. The big four doesn't change. Exodus (even they are heading away from thrash) may be a lot more popular than Anthrax now, but it doesn't put them in the big four, as the big four is: the four most popular thrash bands IN THE 80s, NOT NOW.

[QUOTE u='lights bane' d='2010-06-14 06:50:16']Megadeth, though all the bands haven't put anything good out since 86.

Testament are whimp thrash, as are Metallica.[/QUOTE]
Megadeth are wimpier than Testament.

/rant
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 11:11 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

3 days ago i would have said metallica but idk i just been listening to heaps more megadeth and really getting into them so:

1. Megadeth
2. Metallica
3. Anthrax
4. Slayer

but i love all four so its pretty close (except metallicas stuff after justice)
:headbang:

3 days ago i would have said metallica but idk i just been listening to heaps more megadeth and really getting into them so:

1. Megadeth
2. Metallica
3. Anthrax
4. Slayer

but i love all four so its pretty close (except metallicas stuff after justice)
:headbang:

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 3:59 AM - Quote - Report!

adamiski

1. SLAAAAYYYEEER
2. MEGADETH
3. Metallica
4. Anthrax
1. SLAAAAYYYEEER 2. MEGADETH 3. Metallica 4. Anthrax
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 12:01 PM - Quote - Report!

Fant0m

Metallica easy ther's only 1 album of theirs that I don't like... tie for 2nd with Slayer and Megadeth Slayer's Seasons and Megadeth's Youthenasia own... haven't heard much Anthrax so yeah.. Metallica easy ther's only 1 album of theirs that I don't like... tie for 2nd with Slayer and Megadeth Slayer's Seasons and Megadeth's Youthenasia own... haven't heard much Anthrax so yeah..
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 7:51 AM - Quote - Report!

Dusky

METALLICA!! METALLICA!!
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 2:58 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Clifftallica is my favorite. Megadave is more THRASH. But which is the best?

Bellathrax. BELLATHRAX.

"You won't fuck around no more, cuz I AM THE LAW!"
Clifftallica is my favorite. Megadave is more THRASH. But which is the best?

Bellathrax. BELLATHRAX.

"You won't fuck around no more, cuz I AM THE LAW!"
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 7:53 AM - Quote - Report!

thrashmonkey

This is a tough one. Metallica was the first metal band I listened to but I'd have to say megadeth is my favorite now. This is a tough one. Metallica was the first metal band I listened to but I'd have to say megadeth is my favorite now.
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 6:53 PM - Quote - Report!

Pick 'n' Finger

agree to thrashmonkey agree to thrashmonkey
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 9:42 AM - Quote - Report!

lev_1028

that's a tough one for me megadeth and metallica are tied and so are anthrax and slayer. i couldn't put one over the other i like them all. that's a tough one for me megadeth and metallica are tied and so are anthrax and slayer. i couldn't put one over the other i like them all.
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 5:33 PM - Quote - Report!

GabRielslaSh

SLAYER!!!! .. Followed By Cliff Era Metallica .. SLAYER!!!! .. Followed By Cliff Era Metallica ..
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 9:34 AM - Quote - Report!

yoitsfez

Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax
Megadeth Slayer Anthrax
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 1:05 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

Megadeth of course. Megadeth of course.
Posted: Apr 7, 2011 6:30 PM - Quote - Report!

GabeAkaChainMan

S L A Y E R !!!!

*Punches Kitten* ..
S L A Y E R !!!! *Punches Kitten* ..
Posted: Apr 8, 2011 9:11 AM - Quote - Report!

Xhale1

Megadeth hands down! They were vicious, fast, heavy and technical as fuck way before any of the big four. Megadeth hands down! They were vicious, fast, heavy and [b]technical[/b] as fuck way before any of the big four.
Posted: Dec 21, 2011 3:57 AM - Quote - Report!

gunsn'roses123

Most people would probably say this but its my opinion METALLICA!!!!!!!! Most people would probably say this but its my opinion METALLICA!!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 27, 2012 7:19 PM - Quote - Report!

Temezki

Megadeth
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeth Slayer Metallica
Posted: Feb 27, 2012 7:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

Megadeth
Slayer
Metallica
I never liked Anthrax
Megadeth Slayer Metallica I never liked Anthrax
Posted: Feb 28, 2012 5:16 AM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Kreator :p:
Metallica Megadeth Slayer Kreator :p:
Posted: Feb 28, 2012 7:15 AM - Quote - Report!

metalheadsmith

Slayer! theve stuck true to their guns, and there fn brutal Slayer! theve stuck true to their guns, and there fn brutal
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 7:03 PM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

I'm just listening to Demonic - try calling that whimp metal.
Testament are a good-quality band, their music is fuckin' clever.
[QUOTE u='lights bane' d='2010-06-14 06:50:16']Testament are whimp thrash, as are Metallica.[/QUOTE] I'm just listening to Demonic - try calling that whimp metal. Testament are a good-quality band, their music is fuckin' clever.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 3:01 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

I didn't know it was possible to be so wrong about something.
[QUOTE u='lights bane' d='2010-06-14 06:50:16']Megadeth, though all the bands haven't put anything good out since 86.

Testament are whimp thrash, as are Metallica.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know it was possible to be so wrong about something.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 3:58 PM - Quote - Report!

droppedasachild

This ^ This ^
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 10:20 PM - Quote - Report!

Trizek

I gotta say Megadeth. I gotta say Megadeth.
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 8:40 PM - Quote - Report!

Fireballz 1077

^ And I would have to agree with that statement. ^ And I would have to agree with that statement.
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 5:56 PM - Quote - Report!

Abhiroop

MEGADETH 4EVER \m/ MEGADETH 4EVER \m/
Posted: Mar 17, 2012 6:08 AM - Quote - Report!

DamnBastard1224

Megadeth and Anthrax.

I can't stand Slayer much these days, and Metallica just doesn't have it together anymore.
Megadeth and Anthrax. I can't stand Slayer much these days, and Metallica just doesn't have it together anymore.
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 2:07 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand