Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Whos a better musician,James Hetfield or Dave Mus

andressuarezp

For me its hard to pick one but I like Hetfield's voice better.But as a guitarist Dave is a bit more technical. For me its hard to pick one but I like Hetfield's voice better.But as a guitarist Dave is a bit more technical.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 2:58 PM - Quote - Report!

xBLACKxEYEx

I think James is a better vocalist than dave i also feel there isn't much differance in there guitar ability's.

I like both bands but i think Metallica are my fav band eva so there may be some bias but that is still my honest opinion.
I think James is a better vocalist than dave i also feel there isn't much differance in there guitar ability's. I like both bands but i think Metallica are my fav band eva so there may be some bias but that is still my honest opinion.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 6:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Jastul

Dave Mustaine, hands down, he's got a more agressive voice, he's kept a more consistent musical direction, he's been much more prolific than James/Metallica, and he's definitely a better guitar player, I mean, look at the solos he plays while James just sits back and lets Kirk do all the heavy lifting

plus, if I'm not mistaken Dave taught James quite a bit about guitar during his Metallica days. Also, I think that the parts that Dave has to play while singing are tougher than James', so there's one more thing were Dave pwns
Dave Mustaine, hands down, he's got a more agressive voice, he's kept a more consistent musical direction, he's been much more prolific than James/Metallica, and he's definitely a better guitar player, I mean, look at the solos he plays while James just sits back and lets Kirk do all the heavy lifting plus, if I'm not mistaken Dave taught James quite a bit about guitar during his Metallica days. Also, I think that the parts that Dave has to play while singing are tougher than James', so there's one more thing were Dave pwns
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 6:52 PM - Quote - Report!

'DC fan

Hetfield has skill, to create epic melodic solos like the ones in Nothing Else Matters and Master it just awesome and to be able to sing at the same time. Daves singing is weaker than James, so Metallica FTW. Hetfield has skill, to create epic melodic solos like the ones in Nothing Else Matters and Master it just awesome and to be able to sing at the same time. Daves singing is weaker than James, so Metallica FTW.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 7:09 PM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

Marty Friedman Marty Friedman
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 8:28 PM - Quote - Report!

TS-Genocide

without a doubt james hetfield. he is a crazy guitarist and sings at the same time, also unless im much mistaken he writes many of the solos himself though kirk plays them. on top of that ive heard he's almost as good as lars on the drums and he plays some bass(not alot at all but some) so right there he's got everyything dave has and more. not that i dont like dave mustain however. without a doubt james hetfield. he is a crazy guitarist and sings at the same time, also unless im much mistaken he writes many of the solos himself though kirk plays them. on top of that ive heard he's almost as good as lars on the drums and he plays some bass(not alot at all but some) so right there he's got everyything dave has and more. not that i dont like dave mustain however.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 9:53 PM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

Echoplex wrote on Apr 29th, 2010 at 3:28pm :
Marty Friedman

Totally... lol.

I think James is (or at least was) a better singer (professionally)
and Dave is a better guitar player.
fun fact: Dave was Metallica's original lead guitarist!
another fun fact: I know that everyone remember the fun fact I've mentioned...

I'm very thankful for James and Dave equally, because without Metallica and Megadeth in my life I would never become a better guitarist and actully my life would probably be different without my two favorite idols.
[QUOTE u='Echoplex' d='2010-04-29 15:28:50']Marty Friedman[/QUOTE] Totally... lol. I think James is (or at least was) a better singer (professionally) and Dave is a better guitar player. [u]fun fact:[/u] [b]Dave was Metallica's original lead guitarist![/b] [u]another fun fact:[/u] I know that everyone remember the fun fact I've mentioned... I'm very thankful for James and Dave equally, because without Metallica and Megadeth in my life I would never become a better guitarist and actully my life would probably be different without my two favorite idols.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 10:02 PM - Quote - Report!

Firering56

Dave, definitly. James is a good musician but Dave throws in different figurings to get different notes, ya know? Take Symphony of Destruction for a small example. the chorus, "Just like the pied(?) Piper, who led rats through the streets..."
The riff behind that has quite a bit of musicianship. Alot of Deth's songs do that. Hetfields a better singer, but when it comes to guitar, Dave takes the belt man.
Dave, definitly. James is a good musician but Dave throws in different figurings to get different notes, ya know? Take Symphony of Destruction for a small example. the chorus, "Just like the pied(?) Piper, who led rats through the streets..." The riff behind that has quite a bit of musicianship. Alot of Deth's songs do that. Hetfields a better singer, but when it comes to guitar, Dave takes the belt man.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 2:57 AM - Quote - Report!

Firering56

i guess what i'm saying is they're both better then each other in certain fields. (Even though my oppinion leans more towards Dave) i guess what i'm saying is they're both better then each other in certain fields. (Even though my oppinion leans more towards Dave)
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 2:58 AM - Quote - Report!

Jastul

you know what tho? forget Dave and James, it's all about Steve Vai you know what tho? forget Dave and James, it's all about Steve Vai
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 5:59 AM - Quote - Report!

SHREDDER_DUDE:)

I think dave mustaine is better technically in leads but he can't sing or create bonecrushing riffs like James. I think dave mustaine is better technically in leads but he can't sing or create bonecrushing riffs like James.
Posted: May 3, 2010 7:01 PM - Quote - Report!

BornToRun

I think Dave is the best singer/guitarist in the history of metal music. No one can sing and play at the same time like he does. I think Dave is the best singer/guitarist in the history of metal music. No one can sing and play at the same time like he does.
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:19 PM - Quote - Report!

Chokenhold

a.) Dave
b.) Dave
c.) Dave

A+
a.) Dave
b.) Dave
c.) Dave

A+
Posted: May 4, 2010 7:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazed Shredder

Dave Overall
Dave Lead
James Rhythm
James Songwriting
Dave Overall Dave Lead James Rhythm James Songwriting
Posted: May 6, 2010 5:43 AM - Quote - Report!

Xhale1

Crazed Shredder wrote on May 6th, 2010 at 12:43am :
Dave Overall
Dave Lead
James Rhythm
James Songwriting

+1 sir
[QUOTE u='Crazed Shredder' d='2010-05-06 00:43:43']Dave Overall Dave Lead James Rhythm James Songwriting[/QUOTE] +1 sir
Posted: May 7, 2010 2:22 AM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

SHREDDER_DUDE:) wrote on May 3rd, 2010 at 2:01pm :
I think dave mustaine is better technically in leads but he can't sing or create bonecrushing riffs like James.

Yes he can, Listen to Killing Is My Business (the song, although the album is good!)
And that's just one song between millions of great riffs he wrote at Megadeth and Metallica!
[QUOTE u='SHREDDER_DUDE:)' d='2010-05-03 14:01:47']I think dave mustaine is better technically in leads but he can't sing or create bonecrushing riffs like James.[/QUOTE] Yes he can, Listen to Killing Is My Business (the song, although the album is good!) And that's just one song between millions of great riffs he wrote at Megadeth and Metallica!
Posted: May 8, 2010 6:20 PM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

MegaDave all the way. And to everyone whining about James being a better singer, this is thrash metal. Dave screams and snarls like a champion, all while playing guitar at hells pace wasted out of his mind, not leaving out the fact that he writes better songs. James went to shit after 86. Singing like a yokel redneck, playing boring E string chug riffs and writing songs about psuedo-intellectual corruption crap. MegaDave all the way. And to everyone whining about James being a better singer, this is thrash metal. Dave screams and snarls like a champion, all while playing guitar at hells pace wasted out of his mind, not leaving out the fact that he writes better songs. James went to shit after 86. Singing like a yokel redneck, playing boring E string chug riffs and writing songs about psuedo-intellectual corruption crap.
Posted: May 15, 2010 1:57 PM - Quote - Report!

blackclouds

dave mustaine hand down! dave mustaine hand down!
Posted: May 16, 2010 12:06 PM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

james has proven himself. when he writes music its like no other. james also knows how to play a lot more. megadeth didnt play for a while but metallica kept on going james has proven himself. when he writes music its like no other. james also knows how to play a lot more. megadeth didnt play for a while but metallica kept on going
Posted: May 17, 2010 8:59 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal4themasses

Dave is the best, and part of a band that's actually worth listening to anymore. James, listen to your first five or six albums and write like that again. Dave is the best, and part of a band that's actually worth listening to anymore. James, listen to your first five or six albums and write like that again.
Posted: May 18, 2010 12:41 AM - Quote - Report!

pataldo

Definitely Megadave. Endgame shits all over Death Magnetic. Definitely Megadave. Endgame shits all over Death Magnetic.
Posted: May 18, 2010 3:11 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

Dave, no competition. Dave, no competition.
Posted: May 18, 2010 4:09 PM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

csmetalmania wrote on May 17th, 2010 at 3:59pm :
james has proven himself. when he writes music its like no other. james also knows how to play a lot more. megadeth didnt play for a while but metallica kept on going

So James is better than Dave Mustaine? Lolno.
[QUOTE u='csmetalmania' d='2010-05-17 15:59:54']james has proven himself. when he writes music its like no other. james also knows how to play a lot more. megadeth didnt play for a while but metallica kept on going[/QUOTE] So James is better than Dave Mustaine? Lolno.
Posted: May 19, 2010 11:56 AM - Quote - Report!

JeremyKing

Comparing a lead guitarist to a rhythm guitarist isnt a very good comparaison. So, I'll replace James with Kirk Hammet (also of Metallica). Dave is better. Kirk sold out. Comparing a lead guitarist to a rhythm guitarist isnt a very good comparaison. So, I'll replace James with Kirk Hammet (also of Metallica). Dave is better. Kirk sold out.
Posted: May 19, 2010 5:13 PM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

JeremyKing wrote on May 19th, 2010 at 12:13pm :
Comparing a lead guitarist to a rhythm guitarist isnt a very good comparaison. So, I'll replace James with Kirk Hammet (also of Metallica). Dave is better. Kirk sold out.
they didnt sell out metallica got older and matured more. the teenage anger they had went away and plus they broadened there music range.
[QUOTE u='JeremyKing' d='2010-05-19 12:13:55']Comparing a lead guitarist to a rhythm guitarist isnt a very good comparaison. So, I'll replace James with Kirk Hammet (also of Metallica). Dave is better. Kirk sold out.[/QUOTE] they didnt sell out metallica got older and matured more. the teenage anger they had went away and plus they broadened there music range.
Posted: May 20, 2010 2:56 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

Yeah, they didn't sell out, they just got worse, but I never liked them. Not even their early stuff. Yeah, they didn't sell out, they just got worse, but I never liked them. Not even their early stuff.
Posted: May 20, 2010 5:03 PM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

CrimsonBizzare wrote on May 20th, 2010 at 12:03pm :
Yeah, they didn't sell out, they just got worse, but I never liked them. Not even their early stuff.
they didnt get worse. in the 90's they had problems with the communication between bands members. o they couldnt get the chemistry they wanted. they got lighter but they didnt suck
[QUOTE u='CrimsonBizzare' d='2010-05-20 12:03:31']Yeah, they didn't sell out, they just got worse, but I never liked them. Not even their early stuff.[/QUOTE]they didnt get worse. in the 90's they had problems with the communication between bands members. o they couldnt get the chemistry they wanted. they got lighter but they didnt suck
Posted: May 20, 2010 5:14 PM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

plus they were trying out new sounds and new ways to go anout making new music plus they were trying out new sounds and new ways to go anout making new music
Posted: May 20, 2010 5:17 PM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

csmetalmania wrote on May 20th, 2010 at 12:17pm :
plus they were trying out new sounds and new ways to go anout making new music

There was nothing new about grunge bullshit.

And getting slower/less metal =/= "matured"
[QUOTE u='csmetalmania' d='2010-05-20 12:17:17']plus they were trying out new sounds and new ways to go anout making new music[/QUOTE] There was nothing new about grunge bullshit. And getting slower/less metal =/= "matured"
Posted: May 21, 2010 11:39 AM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

they have even said in interviews the new ways. and no shit there is nothing new baout grunge but to them it was a new direction in there music. apart of there influences consist of the misfits. and how about u(lights bans) go and playmsuci at there level for as long as they did and keep the same type of sound. i bet u would want to keep it fresh and not the same sounds they have even said in interviews the new ways. and no shit there is nothing new baout grunge but to them it was a new direction in there music. apart of there influences consist of the misfits. and how about u(lights bans) go and playmsuci at there level for as long as they did and keep the same type of sound. i bet u would want to keep it fresh and not the same sounds
Posted: May 21, 2010 5:44 PM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

when u get older most of the adults calm down and they arent as crazy. metallica did the same thing and its not all bad. i bet when your in your 30's u will not want to go and patry for four days straight when u get older most of the adults calm down and they arent as crazy. metallica did the same thing and its not all bad. i bet when your in your 30's u will not want to go and patry for four days straight
Posted: May 21, 2010 5:50 PM - Quote - Report!

Black Star

The part about The Misfits being an influence is entirely irrelevant. In fact, if anything, you're helping the "sell out" conspiracy nuts, because that's strengthening the fact that they went the complete opposite direction of one of their biggest influences. Why would somebody do that?

To the topic at hand, vocal-wise, Dave is far superior. His voice takes getting used to, but he has more power and range than James ever did.

Guitar-wise, Dave wins again. Tornado of Souls absolutely destroys anything James has ever written. Those who say Dave cannot write a "crushing riff" need to remember that the main riff for Four Horsemen was, in fact, Dave's riff. Dave also adds much more technicality and musicianship to his playing than James.

Lyrics, I'd say they're about equal. Both had their moments, good and bad.

Overall, definitely Dave.
The part about The Misfits being an influence is entirely irrelevant. In fact, if anything, you're helping the "sell out" conspiracy nuts, because that's strengthening the fact that they went the complete opposite direction of one of their biggest influences. Why would somebody do that? To the topic at hand, vocal-wise, Dave is far superior. His voice takes getting used to, but he has more power and range than James ever did. Guitar-wise, Dave wins again. Tornado of Souls absolutely destroys anything James has ever written. Those who say Dave cannot write a "crushing riff" need to remember that the main riff for Four Horsemen was, in fact, Dave's riff. Dave also adds much more technicality and musicianship to his playing than James. Lyrics, I'd say they're about equal. Both had their moments, good and bad. Overall, definitely Dave.
Posted: May 21, 2010 6:03 PM - Quote - Report!

mr freezy

Dave by a long shot. Dave by a long shot.
Posted: May 22, 2010 6:56 PM - Quote - Report!

kattaway96

Crazed Shredder wrote on May 6th, 2010 at 12:43am :
Dave Overall Dave Lead James Rhythm James Songwriting

almost got it except Dave is a better rhythm player and a better songwriter. james used to have a better voice before he fucked it up on that wretched black album
[QUOTE u='Crazed Shredder' d='2010-05-06 00:43:43']Dave Overall Dave Lead James Rhythm James Songwriting[/QUOTE] almost got it except Dave is a better rhythm player and a better songwriter. james used to have a better voice before he fucked it up on that wretched black album
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 3:51 PM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

James overall. he is a better singer, more melodic, can write a song that has layers, doesnt get kicked out of bands for drug and alcohal problems (ex. passing out in a truck), and can keep a great lead guitarist. megadeth hasnt released one good song before or after marty friedman. duh, thats obvious. so all you bias megadeth fans can shut it. James overall. he is a better singer, more melodic, can write a song that has layers, doesnt get kicked out of bands for drug and alcohal problems (ex. passing out in a truck), and can keep a great lead guitarist. megadeth hasnt released one good song before or after marty friedman. duh, thats obvious. so all you bias megadeth fans can shut it.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 12:57 AM - Quote - Report!

v2a2n2g2

The Dave and Marty duo pretty much won me over. I don't really like their discography as a whole alll that much, but still to this day Rust In Peace is my favorite album, even over Metallica's albums from the 80's. It was sheer proggy perfection. Too bad they went uber mainstream with Countdown to Extinction and the rest after, those sucked compared to RIP. The Dave and Marty duo pretty much won me over. I don't really like their discography as a whole alll that much, but still to this day Rust In Peace is my favorite album, even over Metallica's albums from the 80's. It was sheer proggy perfection. Too bad they went uber mainstream with Countdown to Extinction and the rest after, those sucked compared to RIP.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 1:05 AM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

AJSaw wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 7:57pm :
megadeth hasnt released one good song before or after marty friedman. duh, thats obvious.

Excuse me, but every song pre - Rust In Peace would like a word with you.

can write a song that has layers

I take it your understanding of "layers" is a "clean bit" then a "heavier bit". Obviously this is sickeningly stupid, but for the sake of argument, I'll mention Megadeth is a THRASH band so obviously clean interludes won't be drenched in every song. Megadeth has done this, however, in the form of Good Mourning/Black Friday, and they've done it well. Much better than any One/Fade To Crap song Metallica vomit up.

can keep a great lead guitarist

Kirk Hammett isn't a great lead guitarist.

so all you bias megadeth fans can shut it.

Do you know what bias is? Apparently not.

And just to shit everyone even more, RIP is boring as hell.
[QUOTE u='AJSaw' d='2010-06-19 19:57:46']megadeth hasnt released one good song before or after marty friedman. duh, thats obvious.[/QUOTE] Excuse me, but every song pre - Rust In Peace would like a word with you. [QUOTE]can write a song that has layers[/QUOTE] I take it your understanding of "layers" is a "clean bit" then a "heavier bit". Obviously this is sickeningly stupid, but for the sake of argument, I'll mention Megadeth is a THRASH band so obviously clean interludes won't be drenched in every song. Megadeth has done this, however, in the form of Good Mourning/Black Friday, and they've done it well. Much better than any One/Fade To Crap song Metallica vomit up. [QUOTE]can keep a great lead guitarist[/QUOTE] Kirk Hammett isn't a great lead guitarist. [QUOTE]so all you bias megadeth fans can shut it.[/QUOTE] Do you know what bias is? Apparently not. And just to shit everyone even more, RIP is boring as hell.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 8:27 AM - Quote - Report!

retracdivad

i'd say james hetfeild....according to interviews daves kinda a dick i'd say james hetfeild....according to interviews daves kinda a dick
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 6:34 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

retracdivad wrote on Jul 11th, 2010 at 1:34pm :
i'd say james hetfeild....according to interviews daves kinda a dick

yes, that REALLY decides who's a better musician... fucking hell, seriously??

...anyway. Dave Mustaine is an awesome musician, Megadeth is a testament to his ability. James on the other hand, is one of the best rhythm guitarists in thrash metal. All you have to do to believe that is listen through the album Ride The Lightning. He's still got it, too. Death Magnetic was pretty much shit, but listen to the song All Nightmare Long. Yes. That is Riffage. (Too bad Endgame was better)

When it comes to vocal duties, I think Dave has a pretty shitty voice. No... i know he has a very shitty voice, but honestly, James' "singing" voice can induce explosive diarrhea. I much more prefer James' earlier thrash vocals, before he decided he's ditching that on the Black Album. Those vocals, from Kill 'em All through ...And Justice For All kicks the living shit out of Mustaine's nasal whining.

PS: The argument of which band is better is the oldest in the book, and has NO ANSWER. Both bands have more than one fucking god-awful shitty-ass album as well as incredible, legendary classics. In the end, though, when it comes to THRASH, Megadeth takes the motherfuckin' cake!! (I still like Cliff-era Metallica best)

pataldo wrote on May 17th, 2010 at 10:11pm :
Megadave. Endgame shits all over Death Magnetic.

That it does.
[QUOTE u='retracdivad' d='2010-07-11 13:34:28']i'd say james hetfeild....according to interviews daves kinda a dick[/QUOTE] 

yes, that REALLY decides who's a better musician... fucking hell, seriously?? 

...anyway. Dave Mustaine is an awesome musician, Megadeth is a testament to his ability. James on the other hand, is one of the best rhythm guitarists in thrash metal. All you have to do to believe that is listen through the album Ride The Lightning. He's still got it, too. Death Magnetic was pretty much shit, but listen to the song All Nightmare Long. Yes. That is Riffage. (Too bad Endgame was better)

When it comes to vocal duties, I think Dave has a pretty shitty voice. No... i know he has a very shitty voice, but honestly, James' "singing" voice can induce explosive diarrhea. I much more prefer James' earlier thrash vocals, before he decided he's ditching that on the Black Album. Those vocals, from Kill 'em All through ...And Justice For All kicks the living shit out of Mustaine's nasal whining. 

PS: The argument of which band is better is the oldest in the book, and has NO ANSWER. Both bands have more than one fucking god-awful shitty-ass album as well as incredible, legendary classics. In the end, though, when it comes to THRASH, Megadeth takes the motherfuckin' cake!! (I still like Cliff-era Metallica best)

[QUOTE u='pataldo' d='2010-05-17 22:11:05']Megadave. Endgame shits all over Death Magnetic.[/QUOTE]

That it does. 
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 7:06 AM - Quote - Report!

EmoMonday

Dave hands down. Megadeth is more melodic than metallica Dave hands down. Megadeth is more melodic than metallica
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 7:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Trivium_Child

Mmmm.....While I enjoy Megadeth more...Hetfield...he has dabbled in more genres...which could be bad....but still... Mmmm.....While I enjoy Megadeth more...Hetfield...he has dabbled in more genres...which could be bad....but still...
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 2:31 AM - Quote - Report!

tume

Why do you guys have to fight about this thing? They are both great musicants and both have done lots of good thing for metal music. Why do you guys have to fight about this thing? They are both great musicants and both have done lots of good thing for metal music.
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 5:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Fiddly Diddly69

I'd say Dave Mustaine. He plays more solos in Megadeth then what Hetfield does in Metallica. And Megadeth is generally more technical then Metallica I'd say Dave Mustaine. He plays more solos in Megadeth then what Hetfield does in Metallica. And Megadeth is generally more technical then Metallica
Posted: Jul 17, 2010 11:41 AM - Quote - Report!

Str0ke

james hetfield better i think..because i like metallica.. =) james hetfield better i think..because i like metallica.. =)
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 5:33 AM - Quote - Report!

Dusky

James is the best becous he rocks! James is the best becous he rocks!
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 8:18 PM - Quote - Report!

yoitsfez

Dave. Dave.
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 7:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Pick 'n' Finger

even if i love metallica, Dave is better than hetfield. he has much higher skills. He can sing AND play high-level-technical Riffs together. So he's better. even if i love metallica, Dave is better than hetfield. he has much higher skills. He can sing AND play high-level-technical Riffs together. So he's better.
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 9:40 AM - Quote - Report!

megan9987

Dave. :) He plays rhythm AND lead, and also sings, :D Dave. :) He plays rhythm AND lead, and also sings, :D
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 4:25 AM - Quote - Report!

KoK_Guitarist

I love the chunkiness of that sound comming from james' guitar playing ability but Dave can shred ALOT better than James I love the chunkiness of that sound comming from james' guitar playing ability but Dave can shred ALOT better than James
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 4:15 AM - Quote - Report!

Unicronus

I would say Dave Mustaine. Its a tough call because James has amazing vocals, but Dave's guitar skills are superior to most people. Also, when he wants to Dave can sing really good. Listen to A Tout le Monde, the vocals are amazing. I would say Dave Mustaine. Its a tough call because James has amazing vocals, but Dave's guitar skills are superior to most people. Also, when he wants to Dave can sing really good. Listen to A Tout le Monde, the vocals are amazing.
Posted: Oct 28, 2010 2:02 AM - Quote - Report!

TRAIN666

DAVE ALL THE WAY!!!! HES STAYED TRUE TO THE MUSIC HE WANTED TO CREATE.

METALLICA HASENT DONE ANYTHING WORTHWHILE SINCE RIDE THE LIGHTNING....PERIOD!!!!
DAVE ALL THE WAY!!!! HES STAYED TRUE TO THE MUSIC HE WANTED TO CREATE. METALLICA HASENT DONE ANYTHING WORTHWHILE SINCE RIDE THE LIGHTNING....PERIOD!!!!
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 1:25 AM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Dave definetly Dave! Hettfeild is not even close. Dave definetly Dave! Hettfeild is not even close.
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 5:39 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

Dave Mustaine is much better. Dave Mustaine is much better.
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 6:34 PM - Quote - Report!

BeerBlood

This is retarded. Both have created songs I thrive on. Why make people pick just one? This is retarded. Both have created songs I thrive on. Why make people pick just one?
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 8:51 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

Dave Mustaine is better in every way. Dave Mustaine is better in every way.
Posted: Mar 12, 2011 9:26 PM - Quote - Report!

gallaguitar

Dave is tops in every way possible, James and Lars are whiny girls, and Kirk couldn't play guitar without james holding his hand. Dave Mustaine and Ellefsonn for the big win. Dave is tops in every way possible, James and Lars are whiny girls, and Kirk couldn't play guitar without james holding his hand. Dave Mustaine and Ellefsonn for the big win.
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 9:56 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashmonkey

I would say that Mustaine is arguably the greatest guitarist in metal. He can sing and play insanely complex riffs at the same time, and he can solo like a beast when he needs to. I also think his voice is much more "metal"- sounding, and it is perfectly suited for the music he plays. So yeah, Megadave is the better of the two in my opinion, no question about it. I would say that Mustaine is arguably the greatest guitarist in metal. He can sing and play insanely complex riffs at the same time, and he can solo like a beast when he needs to. I also think his voice is much more "metal"- sounding, and it is perfectly suited for the music he plays. So yeah, Megadave is the better of the two in my opinion, no question about it.
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 3:42 AM - Quote - Report!

GigOo

James of course but i like Dave too James of course but i like Dave too
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 10:48 AM - Quote - Report!

kattaway96

tume wrote on Jul 14th, 2010 at 12:45pm :
Why do you guys have to fight about this thing? They are both great musicants and both have done lots of good thing for metal music.

Actually theyre both mediocre musicians that have commercialized metal music
[QUOTE u='tume' d='2010-07-14 12:45:19']Why do you guys have to fight about this thing? They are both great musicants and both have done lots of good thing for metal music.[/QUOTE] Actually theyre both mediocre musicians that have commercialized metal music
Posted: Oct 29, 2011 6:54 AM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

"Who's a better musician?"

I would say James is a better musician, he knows how to play more instruments. He is also a very versatile << plays country, rock, metal, blues etc. Furthermore, he is a very talented songwriter and a great singer.
"Who's a better [b]musician[/b]?" I would say James is a better [b]musician[/b], he knows how to play more instruments. He is also a very versatile << plays country, rock, metal, blues etc. Furthermore, he is a very talented songwriter and a great singer.
Posted: Oct 29, 2011 10:20 AM - Quote - Report!

gunsn'roses123

James all the way... probably has the best picking hand of all rythem gutiarists James all the way... probably has the best picking hand of all rythem gutiarists
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 6:16 PM - Quote - Report!

Neg whoop

I'm saying Dave, mostly out of bias. I'm saying Dave, mostly out of bias.
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 1:34 AM - Quote - Report!

maddnotez

wow, is there even a comparison? Dave all day..

PS James sucks on drums..You tube it.
wow, is there even a comparison? Dave all day.. PS James sucks on drums..You tube it.
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 5:37 PM - Quote - Report!

Josh62808

Marty Friedman Marty Friedman
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 5:05 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand