Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Deathcore battle!!!

SHREDDER_DUDE:)

Just wanted to know who do you guys think are three best deathcore bands.
My list is:
1. All Shall Perish
2. Job For A Cowboy
3. Circle of Contempt
Just wanted to know who do you guys think are three best deathcore bands.
My list is:
1. All Shall Perish
2. Job For A Cowboy
3. Circle of Contempt
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 5:03 PM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

Deathcore is a genre full of bastardisation and generic bullshit. I can't name one band that sounds apart from the rest of the crappy genre, hell even the originators have just ripped off Suffocation and stuck in twiddly Gothenburg harmonies.

Everything about the genre sucks. The artwork is tired photoshop bullshit, the lyrics are almost always pseudo-intellectual crap or some ttly rand0m "funnai xDD" bullshit, the music is primarily chugging the top string and slowing it down every 30 seconds so the faggots in their JFAC shirts and gym shorts can punch the air and wave their fringes and neckbeards about, stopping and starting all the goddamn time, pausing for a *chink* on the ride bell or a big hit of the China cymbal, and I haven't even gotten to the fans yet.

Awful people who seem to get a kick out of hearing the same riff 2309932248 times, I mean christ they're worse than Thrash fans for fuck sake. Borderline sceneyboppers who try and try to shrug off the "scene" term as if they're not wearing Suicide Silence shirts and have a giant sweeped over fringe hanging over their gauged ears. They're the most obnoxious fucks I've ever met, always prattling on about "supporting the scene" when all they seem to do is go to a few shitty shows, and leave a few comments on a myspace page.

Death To Deathcore! Listen to some fucking Nocturnus or Bolt Thrower faggots.
Deathcore is a genre full of bastardisation and generic bullshit. I can't name one band that sounds apart from the rest of the crappy genre, hell even the originators have just ripped off Suffocation and stuck in twiddly Gothenburg harmonies. Everything about the genre sucks. The artwork is tired photoshop bullshit, the lyrics are almost always pseudo-intellectual crap or some ttly rand0m "funnai xDD" bullshit, the music is primarily chugging the top string and slowing it down every 30 seconds so the faggots in their JFAC shirts and gym shorts can punch the air and wave their fringes and neckbeards about, stopping and starting all the goddamn time, pausing for a *chink* on the ride bell or a big hit of the China cymbal, and I haven't even gotten to the fans yet. Awful people who seem to get a kick out of hearing the same riff 2309932248 times, I mean christ they're worse than Thrash fans for fuck sake. Borderline sceneyboppers who try and try to shrug off the "scene" term as if they're not wearing Suicide Silence shirts and have a giant sweeped over fringe hanging over their gauged ears. They're the most obnoxious fucks I've ever met, always prattling on about "supporting the scene" when all they seem to do is go to a few shitty shows, and leave a few comments on a myspace page. Death To Deathcore! Listen to some fucking Nocturnus or Bolt Thrower faggots.
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 10:30 AM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

@Lights bane

HAIL!

Deathcore is taking metal away from the mainstream and distorting the public's image of it. Though one good thing is that I know for a fact that the people with the gauged ears and weird hair listen to different music than I do.
@Lights bane HAIL! Deathcore is taking metal away from the mainstream and distorting the public's image of it. Though one good thing is that I know for a fact that the people with the gauged ears and weird hair listen to different music than I do.
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 2:36 PM - Quote - Report!

@ Lights bane
I mean listen to All Shall Perish. They are actually very melodic and have nice riffs.
@ Lights bane I mean listen to All Shall Perish. They are actually very melodic and have nice riffs.
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 7:33 PM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

No they don't, they have boring riffs which were being played by Amorphis and At The Gates as far back as '93.

There's a million -core bands with "nice melodic" riffs. If I want Melodic riffs I listen to Tales From The Thousand Lakes or Once Sent From The Golden Hall, or hell even The Somberlain. The last thing Metal needs is another dozen Deathcore bands playing the same shit, using 3rd harmonies for the sake of using them, doing everything with no heart. Deathcore SUCKS.
No they don't, they have boring riffs which were being played by Amorphis and At The Gates as far back as '93. There's a million -core bands with "nice melodic" riffs. If I want Melodic riffs I listen to Tales From The Thousand Lakes or Once Sent From The Golden Hall, or hell even The Somberlain. The last thing Metal needs is another dozen Deathcore bands playing the same shit, using 3rd harmonies for the sake of using them, doing everything with no heart. Deathcore SUCKS.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 1:18 AM - Quote - Report!

TheUsedRocker

Wow. Lights bane, you deserve absolutely 0 respect. That's ridiculous. I can appreciate your opinion, but honestly, come on. This thread was simply SHREDDER_DUDE:) asking for opinions of the best death core bands. He did not invite some asshole like you to come and rip shit on the genre. Get a life kid.

Shedder_Dude, in my opinion, the top deathcore bands are
1) All Shall Perish
2) Whitechapel
3) As Blood Runs Black
Wow. Lights bane, you deserve absolutely 0 respect. That's ridiculous. I can appreciate your opinion, but honestly, come on. This thread was simply SHREDDER_DUDE:) asking for opinions of the best death core bands. He did not invite some asshole like you to come and rip shit on the genre. Get a life kid. Shedder_Dude, in my opinion, the top deathcore bands are 1) All Shall Perish 2) Whitechapel 3) As Blood Runs Black
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:41 AM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

Cry moar pls. Cry moar pls.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:44 AM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

Well, lights bane basically said that there cannot be "three best" deathcore bands because they all sound the same (not exactly the same, of course, but unoriginal for the most part). I personally don't care for the genre, but some of my friends do, and I've heard enough to make that same judgement. I like to at least know what I'm talking about before I criticize something. Well, lights bane basically said that there cannot be "three best" deathcore bands because they all sound the same (not exactly the same, of course, but unoriginal for the most part). I personally don't care for the genre, but some of my friends do, and I've heard enough to make that same judgement. I like to at least know what I'm talking about before I criticize something.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 5:36 AM - Quote - Report!

@TheUsedRocker
Thanks dude. No problem about lightsbane. Hes just expressing his opinion.
@TheUsedRocker Thanks dude. No problem about lightsbane. Hes just expressing his opinion.
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 6:43 PM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

SHREDDER_DUDE:) wrote on Jun 22nd, 2010 at 1:43pm :
@TheUsedRocker
Thanks dude. No problem about lightsbane. Hes just expressing his opinion.
Wow. A UGer who respects an opinion other than his own. Thank you.
[QUOTE u='SHREDDER_DUDE:)' d='2010-06-22 13:43:40']@TheUsedRocker Thanks dude. No problem about lightsbane. Hes just expressing his opinion.[/QUOTE]Wow. A UGer who respects an opinion other than his own. Thank you.
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 7:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Hahahahahaha Welcome dude Hahahahahaha Welcome dude
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 12:34 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

lights bane wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 8:18pm :
riffs which were being played by Amorphis and At The Gates as far back as '93.

The problem with mainstream metal today is that their fans don't know their roots, that's all. They eat up this commercial stuff and think its new and amazing. To them, though, it is. When they listen to an older band, its not the same to them.

FACT: deathcore/metalcore owes everything to old-school Death Metal and the Gothenburg scene.
FACT: fans of old-school metal HATE new music, considers it a "bastardization" when in reality it is part homage and part new creativity.
FACT: There are a lot of pathetic, talentless bands in today's metal scenes that kids just eat up.
FACT: The same was true in every era of Metal. Even the 80's. (Just look at Poison)

My opinion on most of today's metalcore/deathcore bands?
Kill it with fire. Lots of fire.

Does that mean every band in that scene sucks? no. I want everyone to check out how AWESOME this song from 2008 is, by a now disbanded Dead To Fall:

I've listened to All Shall Perish and As I Lay Dying and All That Remains ...and i'm bored by them. But thats because after years of loving metal, what they're doing isn't anything special to me. Like Dead To Fall, there are a few gems, though.
[QUOTE u='lights bane' d='2010-06-19 20:18:30']riffs which were being played by Amorphis and At The Gates as far back as '93.[/QUOTE]

The problem with mainstream metal today is that their fans don't know their roots, that's all. They eat up this commercial stuff and think its new and amazing. To them, though, it is. When they listen to an older band, its not the same to them.

FACT: deathcore/metalcore owes everything to old-school Death Metal and the Gothenburg scene.
FACT: fans of old-school metal HATE new music, considers it a "bastardization" when in reality it is part homage and part new creativity.
FACT: There are a lot of pathetic, talentless bands in today's metal scenes that kids just eat up.
FACT: The same was true in every era of Metal. Even the 80's. (Just look at Poison)

Does that mean every band in that scene sucks? no. I want everyone to check out how AWESOME this song from 2008 is, by a now disbanded Dead To Fall:

I've listened to All Shall Perish and As I Lay Dying and All That Remains ...and i'm bored by them. But thats because after years of loving metal, what they're doing isn't anything special to me. Like Dead To Fall, there are a few gems, though.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 7:50 PM - Quote - Report!

droppedasachild

@vinnym86
once again we get an an awesome sophistacated comment from vinnym86 dude you always have the best comments and threads and as for lights bane wow that was just really retarded and uncalled for just wanted to say those two things thanks
@vinnym86 once again we get an an awesome sophistacated comment from vinnym86 dude you always have the best comments and threads and as for lights bane wow that was just really retarded and uncalled for just wanted to say those two things thanks
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 4:28 AM - Quote - Report!

TS-Genocide

wow vinnym86 you know that band is probably broken up because (imo) they suck, sorry but i hated it. and as i lay dying and shall perish play very technical stuff now and in the past they've put down a lot of solid riff work though i agree that all that remains needs to up the quality. its my opinion that your post was rather narrow minded and perhaps you may be one of those older death metal fans nothing wrong with it but ill say this it comes down to individual taste you cannot can an entire genre or band for that matter based on a personal opinion or a groups opinion because there will always be an opposing force that is equal and opposite wow vinnym86 you know that band is probably broken up because (imo) they suck, sorry but i hated it. and as i lay dying and shall perish play very technical stuff now and in the past they've put down a lot of solid riff work though i agree that all that remains needs to up the quality. its my opinion that your post was rather narrow minded and perhaps you may be one of those older death metal fans nothing wrong with it but ill say this it comes down to individual taste you cannot can an entire genre or band for that matter based on a personal opinion or a groups opinion because there will always be an opposing force that is equal and opposite
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 3:20 AM - Quote - Report!

yoitsfez

Why is everybody so pissy about this deathcore shit? Why is everybody so pissy about this deathcore shit?
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 1:22 PM - Quote - Report!

GabRielslaSh

vinnym86 wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:50pm :
lights bane wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 8:18pm :
riffs which were being played by Amorphis and At The Gates as far back as '93.

FACT
: deathcore/metalcore owes everything to old-school Death Metal and the Gothenburg scene.

FACT
: fans of old-school metal HATE new music, considers it a "bastardization" when in reality it is part homage and part new creativity.

FACT
: There are a lot of pathetic, talentless bands in today's metal scenes that kids just eat up.

FACT
: The same was true in every era of Metal. Even the 80's. (Just look at Poison)

Kill it with fire.
Lots of fire.

+100000 ! ~* ..
[QUOTE u='vinnym86' d='2010-06-24 14:50:53'][QUOTE u='lights bane' d='2010-06-19 20:18:30']riffs which were being played by Amorphis and At The Gates as far back as '93.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] +100000 ! ~* ..
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 11:45 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand