Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

THRASH METAL.

vinnym86

If at all you speak of thrash, and know not the following albums... silence thy voice, for it is stupid and smells like urine. Our ears bleed so STFU.

Listen to these pinnacle albums:

1983 - Suicidal Tendencies by Suicidal Tendencies *
1984 - Morbid Tales by Celtic Frost
1985 - Seven Churches by Possessed
1985 - Speak English or Die by Stormtroopers of Death **
1986 - Pleasure to Kill by Kreator
1987 - Killing Technology by Voivod
1988 - Fabulous Disaster by Exodus
1988 - Under The Influence by Overkill
1988 - The New Order by Testament
1989 - Alice in Hell by Annihilator
1989 - Agent Orange by Sodom

* This album is not THRASH. it is PUNK. However, you must understand this album to understand THRASH.
** This album is EXTREMELY important, even though the entire thing was a joke. This joke married together Punk and Thrash, and created the fantastic genre of Crossover.

So there. 11 albums spanning the golden years of thrash. LISTEN TO THEM.
Doubtless, there will be great additions to this list by other members.

Rock on my metal brethren and sisters. Rock on.
If at all you speak of thrash, and know not the following albums... silence thy voice, for it is stupid and smells like urine. Our ears bleed so STFU.

Listen to these pinnacle albums:

1983 - Suicidal Tendencies by Suicidal Tendencies *
1984 - Morbid Tales by Celtic Frost
1985 - Seven Churches by Possessed
1985 - Speak English or Die by Stormtroopers of Death **
1986 - Pleasure to Kill by Kreator
1987 - Killing Technology by Voivod
1988 - Fabulous Disaster by Exodus
1988 - The New Order by Testament
1989 - Agent Orange by Sodom

* This album is not THRASH. it is PUNK. However, you must understand this album to understand THRASH.
** This album is EXTREMELY important, even though the entire thing was a joke. This joke married together Punk and Thrash, and created the fantastic genre of Crossover. 

So there. 11 albums spanning the golden years of thrash. LISTEN TO THEM.
Doubtless, there will be great additions to this list by other members.

Rock on my metal brethren and sisters. Rock on. 
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 8:41 AM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Addendum:

A few albums you should listen to from recent years:

2005 - This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore
2005 - Hazardous Mutation by Municipal Waste
2008 - D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. by Destruction
2009 - The Onslaught by Lazarus A.D.
2009 - Tales From The Grave In Space by Gama Bomb ***

5 albums from recent years that kick serious ass.

*** This album was released for FREE on rapidshare by the band, making them THE FIRST METAL BAND to release a record for free to the public while still signed to a record label.
Addendum:

A few albums you should listen to from recent years:

2005 - Hazardous Mutation by Municipal Waste
2008 - D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. by Destruction
2009 - The Onslaught by Lazarus A.D.
2009 - Tales From The Grave In Space by Gama Bomb ***

5 albums from recent years that kick serious ass.

*** This album was released for FREE on rapidshare by the band, making them THE FIRST METAL BAND to release a record for free to the public while still signed to a record label.
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 9:01 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

1984 - Ride The Lightning by Metallica
1986 - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? by Megadeth
1986 - Reign In Blood by Slayer
1987 - Among The Living by Anthrax
1989 - The Years Of Decay by Overkill
1984 - [i]Ride The Lightning[/i] by Metallica 1986 - [i]Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?[/i] by Megadeth 1986 - [i]Reign In Blood[/i] by Slayer 1987 - [i]Among The Living[/i] by Anthrax 1989 - [i]The Years Of Decay[/i] by Overkill
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 9:08 AM - Quote - Report!

lights bane

Thrash, and the fans, can be annoying as fuck. The number of shitty generic bands rivals the amount that can be found in modern -core music. Politics, Zombies and chugging the E string for 10 minutes grows boring fast. BUT - there are good thrash albums. Namely -

OLD STUFF -

Sabbat (GBR) - Dreamweaver, History of A Time To Come. Not a band around like them. The greatest thrash band ever.

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill

Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death (The heaviest, most vicious thrash album EVER)

Razor - Evil Invaders

Sodom - In The Sign Of Evil, Obsessed By Cruelty, Persecution Mania (They went too political and boring after that)

Destruction - Sentence Of Death, Infernal Overkill (Again, went shit after that)

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business..., Peace Sells... (SFSG.. sucks, and RIP is an abortion of an album. Awfully over-rated)

Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse, Unstoppable Force

NEW -

Witchtrap - Sorceress Bitch

Nocturnal - Arrival Of The Carnivore, Violent Revenge

Sauron - Thrash Assault (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!)

Teitanblood - Seven Chalices...

Witchaven - The Vehemance Of Attack

I'm sick of bands like Gama Bomb, Evile, Bonded By Blood and Municipal Waste getting away with writing generic shit just because they play thrash. Demand more of your thrash bands! Don't settle for mediocrity. Support REAL thrash!
Thrash, and the fans, can be annoying as fuck. The number of shitty generic bands rivals the amount that can be found in modern -core music. Politics, Zombies and chugging the E string for 10 minutes grows boring fast. BUT - there are good thrash albums. Namely -

OLD STUFF -

Sabbat (GBR) - Dreamweaver, History of A Time To Come. Not a band around like them. The greatest thrash band ever.

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill 

Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death (The heaviest, most vicious thrash album EVER)

Razor - Evil Invaders

Sodom - In The Sign Of Evil, Obsessed By Cruelty, Persecution Mania (They went too political and boring after that)

Destruction - Sentence Of Death, Infernal Overkill (Again, went shit after that)

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business..., Peace Sells... (SFSG.. sucks, and RIP is an abortion of an album. Awfully over-rated)

Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse, Unstoppable Force

NEW -

Witchtrap - Sorceress Bitch

Nocturnal - Arrival Of The Carnivore, Violent Revenge

Sauron - Thrash Assault (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!)

Teitanblood - Seven Chalices...

Witchaven - The Vehemance Of Attack

I'm sick of bands like Gama Bomb, Evile, Bonded By Blood and Municipal Waste getting away with writing generic shit just because they play thrash. Demand more of your thrash bands! Don't settle for mediocrity. Support REAL thrash!
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 10:39 AM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

I love Morbid Tales and This Godless Endeavor. I also downloaded the free Gamma Bomb album back when it was first released, but I couldn't get too into it. Also, Seven Churches is usually considered to be the first death metal album? Does it really count as thrash? If it does, you could also put Death's Scream Bloody Gore on the list. I love Morbid Tales and This Godless Endeavor. I also downloaded the free Gamma Bomb album back when it was first released, but I couldn't get too into it. Also, Seven Churches is usually considered to be the first death metal album? Does it really count as thrash? If it does, you could also put Death's Scream Bloody Gore on the list.
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 3:53 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Echoplex wrote on Jul 12th, 2010 at 10:53am :
Seven Churches is usually considered to be the first death metal album? Does it really count as thrash?.

Hell yeah its still thrash as fuck! Death metal came from thrash. So yeah, Death does have thrash in their music.

Metal_NZ_FTW wrote on Jul 12th, 2010 at 4:08am :

1989 - The Years Of Decay by Overkill

I didn't use any Big4 bands on purpose but Among The Living is one of the best albums to ever exist. I'd say its my second favorite of any Big4 release, just under Ride The Lightning.
Overkill!! Fuck me, I'm sorry Blitz for leaving off YoD or even Under The Influence! edit: fixed that.

lights bane wrote on Jul 12th, 2010 at 5:39am :

whatever... thrash some more

Vektor is an obvious tribute to Voivod, and they are so damn good.
[QUOTE u='Echoplex' d='2010-07-12 10:53:08']Seven Churches is usually considered to be the first death metal album? Does it really count as thrash?.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah its still thrash as fuck! Death metal came from thrash. So yeah, Death does have thrash in their music.

[QUOTE u='Metal_NZ_FTW' d='2010-07-12 04:08:29']
1989 - The Years Of Decay by Overkill[/QUOTE]

I didn't use any Big4 bands on purpose but Among The Living is one of the best albums to ever exist. I'd say its my second favorite of any Big4 release, just under Ride The Lightning.
Overkill!! Fuck me, I'm sorry Blitz for leaving off YoD or even Under The Influence! edit: fixed that.

[QUOTE u='lights bane' d='2010-07-12 05:39:35']I'm sick of bands like Gama Bomb, Evile, Bonded By Blood and Municipal Waste getting away with writing generic shit just because they play thrash. Demand more of your thrash bands! Don't settle for mediocrity. Support REAL thrash![/QUOTE]

whatever... thrash some more

Vektor is an obvious tribute to Voivod, and they are so damn good.
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 6:51 AM - Quote - Report!

yoitsfez

Wow 16 year old thrash elitist. Amazing. Wow 16 year old thrash elitist. Amazing.
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 1:13 PM - Quote - Report!

gguitarhermit

seen bonded by blood live and it was amazing. seen bonded by blood live and it was amazing.
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 3:54 AM - Quote - Report!

shAttErEd*fOcUs

SACRED REICH
Their big songs were Death Squad, Surf Nicaragua, The American Way, and Independent
but IGNORANCE is by far my fav for those awesome solos...

For something less popular try Arkayic Revolt
Blood Will Follow Blood

SACRED REICH
Their big songs were Death Squad, Surf Nicaragua, The American Way, and Independent
but IGNORANCE is by far my fav for those awesome solos...

For something less popular try Arkayic Revolt
Blood Will Follow Blood

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 12:51 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 1:20 AM - Quote - Report!

gguitarhermit

thrash till death thrash till death
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 6:25 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Annihilator - Never Neverland
Death Angel - Act III
Evile - Infected Nations
Onslaught - Killing Peace & The Force
Metal Church - Metal Church
Razor - Evil Invaders & Violent Restitution
Sadus - Illusions (Chemical Exposure)
Testament - The Legacy
Toxik - World Circus & Think This
Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare
Warbringer - War Without End

thats some more that i can think of just now
Annihilator - [i]Never Neverland[/i] Death Angel - [i]Act III[/i] Evile - [i]Infected Nations[/i] Onslaught - [i]Killing Peace[/i] & [i]The Force[/i] Metal Church - [i]Metal Church[/i] Razor - [i]Evil Invaders[/i] & [i]Violent Restitution[/i] Sadus - [i]Illusions (Chemical Exposure)[/i] Testament - [i]The Legacy[/i] Toxik - [i]World Circus[/i] & [i]Think This[/i] Vio-lence - [i]Eternal Nightmare[/i] Warbringer - [i]War Without End[/i] thats some more that i can think of just now
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 3:04 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

Good, but there are much better Overkill albums.
Annihilator suck.
Prog metal.
2009 - Tales From The Grave In Space by Gama Bomb
Good, but Citizen Brain is better.
Death Angel - Act III
Ultra-violence is much better.

The rest are cool.

Xentrix - Shattered Existence
Tankard - Zombie Attack/Chemical Invasion
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
All Overkill albums. Even Coverkill.
Fobidden - Forbidden Evil
Coroner - Mental Vortex
Anthrax - Fistful of Metal
Acrophet - Corrupt Minds

New:
Mantic Ritual - Executioner
Lazarus A.D - The Onslaught (kinda groovy, but still good.)
H.O.D - Beer Bitches Blood, and Surge Kill Steal (free thrash!)
Criminal - Sicario
Blood Tsunami (death-thrash)
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder - Buried in the front yard and Living for death, destroying the rest
[QUOTE]1988 - Under The Influence by Overkill[/QUOTE] Good, but there are much better Overkill albums. [QUOTE]1989 - Alice in Hell by Annihilator[/QUOTE]Annihilator suck. [QUOTE]2005 - This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore[/QUOTE] Prog metal. [QUOTE]2009 - Tales From The Grave In Space by Gama Bomb[/QUOTE] Good, but Citizen Brain is better. [QUOTE]Death Angel - Act III[/QUOTE]Ultra-violence is much better. The rest are cool. Xentrix - Shattered Existence Tankard - Zombie Attack/Chemical Invasion Dark Angel - Darkness Descends All Overkill albums. Even Coverkill. Fobidden - Forbidden Evil Coroner - Mental Vortex Anthrax - Fistful of Metal Acrophet - Corrupt Minds New: Mantic Ritual - Executioner Lazarus A.D - The Onslaught (kinda groovy, but still good.) H.O.D - Beer Bitches Blood, and Surge Kill Steal (free thrash!) Criminal - Sicario Blood Tsunami (death-thrash) Rumpelstiltskin Grinder - Buried in the front yard and Living for death, destroying the rest
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 7:29 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Haha, Coroner is great!
I mean, Annihilator does suck, now, but atleast the first few albums were pretty original. KRAF DINNER!
Haha, Coroner is great! I mean, Annihilator does suck, now, but atleast the first few albums were pretty original. KRAF DINNER!
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 8:04 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Annihilator WERE awesome, Alice In Hell, Never Neverland and Set The World On Fire are amazing albums.
Punishment For Decadence should be there instead of Mental Vortex.

Also:
Artillery - By Inheritance
Atrophy - Socialized Hate & Violent by Nature
Destruction - Eternal Devastation
Whiplash - Ticket To Mayhem
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Sodom - M-16
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Overkill - Feel The Fire
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Nuclear Assault - Game Over
D.R.I - Thrashzone
Annihilator WERE awesome, Alice In Hell, Never Neverland and Set The World On Fire are amazing albums. Punishment For Decadence should be there instead of Mental Vortex. Also: Artillery - By Inheritance Atrophy - Socialized Hate & Violent by Nature Destruction - Eternal Devastation Whiplash - Ticket To Mayhem Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence Sodom - M-16 Kreator - Extreme Aggression Overkill - Feel The Fire Exodus - Bonded By Blood Nuclear Assault - Game Over D.R.I - Thrashzone
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 10:16 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Hahaha, Whiplash! I saw them in NJ at Dingbatz with a friend who wasn't 21 yet, so he got kicked out during the first opener. He snuck back in with the next band, and hid UNDERNEATH the stage for the rest of the show, only getting found and kicked out during the last few Whiplash songs.
The REASON he even got found was, the venue's plumbing broke during the show (some fatass must have annihilated their bathroom) and their pump was underneath the stage, and it started leaking brown, greasy, shit-smelling sludge. Haha, my friend had a hoodie he had to ditch there, just because that awful shit got all over him under the stage.

THAT is fucking THRASH METAL.
Hahaha, Whiplash! I saw them in NJ at Dingbatz with a friend who wasn't 21 yet, so he got kicked out during the first opener. He snuck back in with the next band, and hid UNDERNEATH the stage for the rest of the show, only getting found and kicked out during the last few Whiplash songs. The REASON he even got found was, the venue's plumbing broke during the show (some fatass must have annihilated their bathroom) and their pump was underneath the stage, and it started leaking brown, greasy, shit-smelling sludge. Haha, my friend had a hoodie he had to ditch there, just because that awful shit got all over him under the stage. THAT is fucking THRASH METAL.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 10:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Hahahahahahaha awesome!! :haha: Hahahahahahaha awesome!! :haha:
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 10:42 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

:haha:

Also, I prefer Mental Vortex to PfD (although I do like all Coroner albums, especially Grin, even though it isn't thrash) and hold the dislike for Annihilator.

Feel The Fire is also the best Overkill album, glad to see it posted.
:haha: Also, I prefer Mental Vortex to PfD (although I do like all Coroner albums, especially Grin, even though it isn't thrash) and hold the dislike for Annihilator. Feel The Fire is also the best Overkill album, glad to see it posted.
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 10:03 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Feel The Fire or Years Of Decay, they're both awesome.
How can you not like Alice In Hell? It's one of the best thrash albums ever!
Also anything by Nuclear Assault (except Third World Genocide) is mandatory.
Feel The Fire or Years Of Decay, they're both awesome. How can you not like Alice In Hell? It's one of the best thrash albums ever! Also anything by Nuclear Assault (except Third World Genocide) is mandatory.
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 11:16 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

Hmmm, I'll try listening to Nuclear Assault. I heard one song (dunno what song, or what album) and didn't like - but if you rate them that highly, I'll try again. Hmmm, I'll try listening to Nuclear Assault. I heard one song (dunno what song, or what album) and didn't like - but if you rate them that highly, I'll try again.
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Nuclear Assault! Listen to Critical Mass! Nuclear Assault! Listen to Critical Mass!
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 8:37 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

^^^ Critical Mass & Brainwashed are fucking awesome songs.
Listen to the albums Handle With Care and Game Over for good Nuclear Assault.
When was the last time you guys listened to Think This?
Listening to the album for the first time in ages.
^^^ Critical Mass & Brainwashed are fucking awesome songs. Listen to the albums Handle With Care and Game Over for good Nuclear Assault. When was the last time you guys listened to Think This? Listening to the album for the first time in ages.
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 12:25 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

I will, when I get time.

What are all your thoughts on the new wave bands?
I will, when I get time. What are all your thoughts on the new wave bands?
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 7:35 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Its good to see old music live in new blood. Haters are gonna hate. Its good to see old music live in new blood. Haters are gonna hate.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 8:57 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Most of the new wave bands are really just clones of every other band from the 80's BUT there are a few good ones like Evile, Municipal Waste (these 2 are pretty generic but they do a good job of it ;) ), Warbringer, Vektor, Skeletonwitch and Bonded By Blood. Most others are just boring. Most of the new wave bands are really just clones of every other band from the 80's BUT there are a few good ones like Evile, Municipal Waste (these 2 are pretty generic but they do a good job of it ;) ), Warbringer, Vektor, Skeletonwitch and Bonded By Blood. Most others are just boring.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 11:34 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

RsG, Blood Tsunami, HoD, and LazarusAD are boring? RsG, Blood Tsunami, HoD, and LazarusAD are boring?
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 7:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Pretty much.
Gama Bomb are pretty good aswell, forgot to add them.
Pretty much.
Gama Bomb are pretty good aswell, forgot to add them.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 12:12 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

The ones I listed, along with Vektor and Skeletonwitch are the ones which don't sound generic. Warbringer, Evile and BBB definately sound generic, but they're pretty good, the crossover bands are also pretty good. The rest I dislike. The ones I listed, along with Vektor and Skeletonwitch are the ones which don't sound generic. Warbringer, Evile and BBB definately sound generic, but they're pretty good, the crossover bands are also pretty good. The rest I dislike.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 4:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazed Shredder

I would say the most important thrash albums are

Ride The Lightning - Metallica
Kill 'Em All - Metallica
Show No Mercy - Slayer
Rust In Peace - Megadeth
Pleasure To Kill - Kreator
Agent Orange - Sodom
I would say the most important thrash albums are Ride The Lightning - Metallica Kill 'Em All - Metallica Show No Mercy - Slayer Rust In Peace - Megadeth Pleasure To Kill - Kreator Agent Orange - Sodom
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 10:53 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

I really can't stand Metallica, "early stuffs" or not. I really can't stand Metallica, "early stuffs" or not.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 10:03 PM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

I know could list many more albums, but I'll pick a bunch of must-have-albums...

Metallica - Kill 'Em All (1st thrash metal album in history!) / Ride The Lightning / Master Of Puppets (Metallica at their best!)

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! / Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?! / Rust In Peace (their best album)
I know could list many more albums, but I'll pick a bunch of must-have-albums... Metallica - Kill 'Em All (1st thrash metal album in history!) / Ride The Lightning / Master Of Puppets (Metallica at their best!) Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! / Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?! / Rust In Peace (their best album)
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 10:43 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Crazed Shredder wrote on Sep 27th, 2010 at 5:53pm :
I would say the most important thrash albums are Ride The Lightning - Metallica Kill 'Em All - Metallica Show No Mercy - Slayer Rust In Peace - Megadeth Pleasure To Kill - Kreator Agent Orange - Sodom

Dukey wrote on Sep 29th, 2010 at 5:43am :
I know could list many more albums, but I'll pick a bunch of must-have-albums... Metallica - Kill 'Em All (1st thrash metal album in history!) / Ride The Lightning / Master Of Puppets (Metallica at their best!) Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! / Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?! / Rust In Peace (their best album)

:haha: noobs...
MUST have albums:

Artillery - By Inheritance
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Anthrax - Among The Living
Atrophy - Socialized Hate
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Coroner - Punishment For Decadence
Death Angel - Act III
Destruction - Eternal Devastation
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Evile - Infected Nations
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Heathen - Evolution Of Chaos
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good
Metal Church - Metal Church
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
Overkill - Years Of Decay
Possesed - Seven Churches
Sacred Reich - The American Way
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sodom - M-16
Testament - Practice What You Preach
Toxik - Spontaneous
Voivod - RRRROOOOAAARR
Whiplash - Ticket To Mayhem
Xentrix - Shattered Existence

and thats just a few of the great thrash albums out there.
[QUOTE u='Crazed Shredder' d='2010-09-27 17:53:56']I would say the most important thrash albums are Ride The Lightning - Metallica Kill 'Em All - Metallica Show No Mercy - Slayer Rust In Peace - Megadeth Pleasure To Kill - Kreator Agent Orange - Sodom[/QUOTE] [QUOTE u='Dukey' d='2010-09-29 05:43:28']I know could list many more albums, but I'll pick a bunch of must-have-albums... Metallica - Kill 'Em All (1st thrash metal album in history!) / Ride The Lightning / Master Of Puppets (Metallica at their best!) Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! / Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?! / Rust In Peace (their best album)[/QUOTE] :haha: noobs... MUST have albums: Artillery - By Inheritance Annihilator - Alice In Hell Anthrax - Among The Living Atrophy - Socialized Hate Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales Coroner - Punishment For Decadence Death Angel - Act III Destruction - Eternal Devastation Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence Evile - Infected Nations Exodus - Bonded By Blood Heathen - Evolution Of Chaos Kreator - Extreme Aggression Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good Metal Church - Metal Church Metallica - Ride The Lightning Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care Overkill - Years Of Decay Possesed - Seven Churches Sacred Reich - The American Way Slayer - Hell Awaits Sodom - M-16 Testament - Practice What You Preach Toxik - Spontaneous Voivod - RRRROOOOAAARR Whiplash - Ticket To Mayhem Xentrix - Shattered Existence and thats just a few of the great thrash albums out there.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 11:42 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

As I've already said:

Anthrax - Best thrash album is Fistful of Metal. Belladonna stuff is ok (a few brilliant works though), and although it's not thrash, I love John Bush's stuff.
Coroner - RIP is thrashier (than PFD) and Mental Vortex is their best.
Death Angel - Act III is nothing compared to Ultra-violence. Even Killing Season is better (I haven't heard the new album yet)
Overkill - Every album is good, but Feel the Fire is most essential
Testament - The New Order and The Legacy are better than PWYP

I also see no Razor, Vio-lence, Forbidden or Dark Angel.
As I've already said: 

Anthrax - Best thrash album is Fistful of Metal. Belladonna stuff is ok (a few brilliant works though), and although it's not thrash, I love John Bush's stuff. 
Coroner - RIP is thrashier (than PFD) and Mental Vortex is their best. 
Death Angel - Act III is nothing compared to Ultra-violence. Even Killing Season is better (I haven't heard the new album yet) 
Overkill - Every album is good, but Feel the Fire is most essential 
Testament - The New Order and The Legacy are better than PWYP

I also see no Razor, Vio-lence, Forbidden or Dark Angel.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Like I said, it was just a quick list I threw together off the top of my head. Of course there's heaps of bands I will have missed.
Fistful of Metal is ok, Joey Belladonna stuff is epic and John Bush stuff sucks imo.
The Legacy is a great album, no doubt about it buts it's not quite as good as PWYP and TNW isn't THAT good.
Like I said, it was just a quick list I threw together off the top of my head. Of course there's heaps of bands I will have missed. Fistful of Metal is ok, Joey Belladonna stuff is epic and John Bush stuff sucks imo. The Legacy is a great album, no doubt about it buts it's not quite as good as PWYP and TNW isn't THAT good.
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 9:14 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

There's some good stuff by Belladonna, but I couldn't listen listen to one of his albums all the way through.

Bush gives Anthrax a completely different style. For this reason, The Greater of Two Evils sucked because he was trying to be Belladonna-ish. When they're doing their groove-metal-type-thing, he really comes into his own. But this has nothing to do with thrash, so:

The New Order is THAT good. The First Strike Still Deadly re-recorded album is pwnage as well.
There's some good stuff by Belladonna, but I couldn't listen listen to one of his albums all the way through. Bush gives Anthrax a completely different style. For this reason, The Greater of Two Evils sucked because he was trying to be Belladonna-ish. When they're doing their groove-metal-type-thing, he really comes into his own. But this has nothing to do with thrash, so: The New Order [i]is[/i] THAT good. The First Strike Still Deadly re-recorded album is pwnage as well.
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 5:35 PM - Quote - Report!

colm c

CrimsonBizzare wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 12:35pm :

The New Order is THAT good. The First Strike Still Deadly re-recorded album is pwnage as well.

Damn skippy! Cant wait for some new material to come out!
[QUOTE u='CrimsonBizzare' d='2010-10-04 12:35:49'] The New Order [i]is[/i] THAT good. The First Strike Still Deadly re-recorded album is pwnage as well.[/QUOTE] Damn skippy! Cant wait for some new material to come out!
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 5:42 PM - Quote - Report!

postmortem2006

Don't worry people, Metal_NZ_FTW has no right to call anyone a n00b since he's a n00b himself. Don't worry people, Metal_NZ_FTW has no right to call anyone a n00b since he's a n00b himself.
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 2:31 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

colm c wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 12:42pm :
CrimsonBizzare wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 12:35pm :

Damn skippy! Cant wait for some new material to come out!

Awesome, any ETA on that?

postmortem2006 wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 9:31pm :
Don't worry people, Metal_NZ_FTW has no right to call anyone a n00b since he's a n00b himself.

I see, I do lurk the Brotherhood forums from time to time.
[QUOTE u='colm c' d='2010-10-04 12:42:46'][QUOTE u='CrimsonBizzare' d='2010-10-04 12:35:49'] The New Order [i]is[/i] THAT good. The First Strike Still Deadly re-recorded album is pwnage as well.[/QUOTE] Damn skippy! Cant wait for some new material to come out![/QUOTE] Awesome, any ETA on that? [QUOTE u='postmortem2006' d='2010-10-04 21:31:28']Don't worry people, Metal_NZ_FTW has no right to call anyone a n00b since he's a n00b himself.[/QUOTE] I see, I do lurk the Brotherhood forums from time to time.
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 7:11 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Anyone in the NY tri-state area?

My friends in thrash band Egokill are going to be opening for D.R.I. November 9th at Popeye's Pub near the Bear Mountain Bridge. Come thrash the fuck out.

My friends in thrash band Egokill are going to be opening for D.R.I. November 9th at Popeye's Pub near the Bear Mountain Bridge. Come thrash the fuck out.
Posted: Oct 7, 2010 10:52 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Need help please! Trying to decide on a thrash band name, can you guys tell me what ones you like best?
1. Xcorcist
2. Heart Attack (rip off of that great Toxik song :p )
3. Lacerator
Need help please! Trying to decide on a thrash band name, can you guys tell me what ones you like best?
1. Xcorcist
2. Heart Attack (rip off of that great Toxik song :p )
3. Lacerator
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 1:36 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

vinnym86 wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:52pm :

Sounds ace, but I'm from the UK, so I can't go. But you did say that you could send me some Egokill material?
[QUOTE u='vinnym86' d='2010-10-07 17:52:01']Anyone in the NY tri-state area?

My friends in thrash band Egokill are going to be opening for D.R.I. November 9th at Popeye's Pub near the Bear Mountain Bridge. Come thrash the fuck out.[/QUOTE] Sounds ace, but I'm from the UK, so I can't go. But you did say that you could send me some Egokill material?
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 4:06 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

CrimsonBizzare wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 11:06am :

Sounds ace, but I'm from the UK, so I can't go. But you did say that you could send me some Egokill material?

Yeah, not easily... My HDD crashed last month, i've been using Pandora since... Haha, even my Last.fm will tell you the last song I listened to before the fatal crash.

I got you though, i'll just grab another demo from my friend the bassist. I gotta say, though, its crap quality recording, from about 3 years ago (or more). Those broke fucks have yet to re-enter the studio, even though they have so much new material.

Metal_NZ_FTW wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 8:36am :

Gotta say my favorite name for a band i've recently learned of is "Riff Cannon" :p
Just keep flipping names around, stick with the one that you guys like best. I mean, its gotta be better than the name "Brutal Intent", the name of another thrash band around here. (though, those kids are fucking great, too.) Personally, I like band names with 1 word. Any more and its too long, usually.
[QUOTE u='CrimsonBizzare' d='2010-10-08 11:06:04'] Sounds ace, but I'm from the UK, so I can't go. But you did say that you could send me some Egokill material?[/QUOTE] Yeah, not easily... My HDD crashed last month, i've been using Pandora since... Haha, even my Last.fm will tell you the last song I listened to before the fatal crash. I got you though, i'll just grab another demo from my friend the bassist. I gotta say, though, its crap quality recording, from about 3 years ago (or more). Those broke fucks have yet to re-enter the studio, even though they have so much new material. [QUOTE u='Metal_NZ_FTW' d='2010-10-08 08:36:51']Need help please! Trying to decide on a thrash band name, can you guys tell me what ones you like best?[/QUOTE] Gotta say my favorite name for a band i've recently learned of is "Riff Cannon" :p Just keep flipping names around, stick with the one that you guys like best. I mean, its gotta be better than the name "Brutal Intent", the name of another thrash band around here. (though, those kids are fucking great, too.) Personally, I like band names with 1 word. Any more and its too long, usually.
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 10:01 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

vinnym86 wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:01pm :
CrimsonBizzare wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 11:06am :

Yeah, not easily... My HDD crashed last month, i've been using Pandora since... Haha, even my Last.fm will tell you the last song I listened to before the fatal crash.

I got you though, i'll just grab another demo from my friend the bassist. I gotta say, though, its crap quality recording, from about 3 years ago (or more). Those broke fucks have yet to re-enter the studio, even though they have so much new material.

Okay then, too bad Mastodon had to kill your harddrive.
[QUOTE u='vinnym86' d='2010-10-08 17:01:31'][QUOTE u='CrimsonBizzare' d='2010-10-08 11:06:04'] Sounds ace, but I'm from the UK, so I can't go. But you did say that you could send me some Egokill material?[/QUOTE] Yeah, not easily... My HDD crashed last month, i've been using Pandora since... Haha, even my Last.fm will tell you the last song I listened to before the fatal crash. I got you though, i'll just grab another demo from my friend the bassist. I gotta say, though, its crap quality recording, from about 3 years ago (or more). Those broke fucks have yet to re-enter the studio, even though they have so much new material. [/QUOTE] Okay then, too bad Mastodon had to kill your harddrive.
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 10:18 AM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

They have a myspace, not sure if i've told you... http://www.myspace.com/ego_kill They have a myspace, not sure if i've told you... http://www.myspace.com/ego_kill
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:02 AM - Quote - Report!

Fireballz 1077

Wow....all great albums in one of the greatest genres in history. But there is one more landmark album that absolutely EVERYONE must listen to.....1986'sDoomsday for the Deciever-Flotsam and Jetsam.
Possibly the only album that anybody really knows by them, but still a damn good album.
Wow....all great albums in one of the greatest genres in history. But there is one more landmark album that absolutely EVERYONE must listen to.....1986's[i]Doomsday for the Deciever[/i]-Flotsam and Jetsam. Possibly the only album that anybody really knows by them, but still a damn good album.
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 8:21 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

That was kindof a speed metal album, but amazing none-the-less. I absolutely love My God (2001) by them though, it's like post-thrash with progressive influences, but it's friggin amazing. I'm gonna try getting some of the albums between Doomsday and My God, then maybe some of the newer stuff. That was kindof a speed metal album, but amazing none-the-less. I absolutely love My God (2001) by them though, it's like post-thrash with progressive influences, but it's friggin amazing. I'm gonna try getting some of the albums between Doomsday and My God, then maybe some of the newer stuff.
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 9:24 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

No Place For Disgrace isn't bad, not as good as DFTD but if you want their older stuff I recommend that album. When The Storm Comes down is ok too, aside from the shit production. No Place For Disgrace isn't bad, not as good as DFTD but if you want their older stuff I recommend that album. When The Storm Comes down is ok too, aside from the shit production.
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:23 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

I stopped giving a crap about bad production after I heard Hospital of Death :haha: I stopped giving a crap about bad production after I heard Hospital of Death :haha:
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 6:23 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

CrimsonBizzare wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 1:23pm :
I stopped giving a crap about bad production after I heard Hospital of Death :haha:

:haha: This.
[QUOTE u='CrimsonBizzare' d='2010-10-11 13:23:00']I stopped giving a crap about bad production after I heard Hospital of Death :haha:[/QUOTE] :haha: This.
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 9:07 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand